GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, picked up Ace Combat for PS3, having missed it the last time it was on sale.

On a related note, I so regret canceling my order of Catherine for $20. Now I keep hunting around for a deal on it...

Ace Combat is fun. I just opened my Target clearance copy last night, and enjoyed a couple of hours with it. The helicopter flight is a little tricky, though.

Awesome!!! I have been holding off on Agarest War Zero for some time now. It dropped the same time I got my $5 from them. Perfect timing! Thanks Cheapy!

looking forward to a good week with bestbuy dotd's and gamefly's nightly deals.
here is hoping darkness goes 19.99 at bestbuy unadvertised sale before 5/5. yup

agarest war tried to market itself as a perv game, but its mosly text and lil sprites.
it was a joke they had the boobie mousepad and lifesize pillow case girls, but the game couldnt be further.
it looks like ff tactics. only sexxxy thing in the game is you hook up with girls and live on through your spawn. yeah

[quote name='Gosha']Is the Agarest Wars series even any good? I've held off this long in not getting it.[/QUOTE]

It got around a 63% from the reviews...which for a game like that is phenomenal, lol. Just know it's a turn-based strategy game...not everyone's cup of tea.

[quote name='Velo214']looking forward to a good week with bestbuy dotd's and gamefly's nightly deals.
here is hoping darkness goes 19.99 at bestbuy unadvertised sale before 5/5. yup

agarest war tried to market itself as a perv game, but its mosly text and lil sprites.
it was a joke they had the boobie mousepad and lifesize pillow case girls, but the game couldnt be further.
it looks like ff tactics. only sexxxy thing in the game is you hook up with girls and live on through your spawn. yeah[/QUOTE]

Yeah if Darkness hits that mark it'll sell VERY quickly with the coupon. I still have my $10 store closing coupon, too, so I'd definitely pick it up for "free".

If you like strategy RPG's, FFTactics, Disgaea, Tactics Ogre, pick it up. Good translation, fun game play a few good improvments over Agarest 1. Definitely worth it for the price.

It is, however, worth noting that Agarest War 2 that will be releasing this year is PS3 ONLY, which is lame as Agarest War 1 was disc only on 360 and now they pull this, so if you own both, you may wish to wait.

Perfect timing on Ace Combat. I've been waiting for a price drop and was looking at it today on Amazon wondering if I should buy it. Grabbed one! Thanks!

I really liked the first RoAW... but the battles got really repetitive. Fast.

Some of the humor was great, and yes, it could be really perverted at times (for example, unlocking pics of the girls bathing at the hot springs, other fan service pics of the girls -- no nudity however), but it did add to the overall charm to the game somewhat.

It was also fun playing through five generations of characters. At the end of every generation, your main character would get to pick a bride and then depending on who you picked would determine your son's overall traits.

But now I'm debating -- is it worth it to buy Zero? I'm afraid the battles will get just as repetitive just as fast and that alone won't have me buying it. It was fun to play through once, but not again in a similar prequel.

If this is your first RoAW game though, I'd recommend trying it out. Especially if you like turn-based RPG's.

wasnt sure if ace combat was any good or not. I need to slow down on the game buying frenzy, even if it turns right into best buy credit.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']wasnt sure if ace combat was any good or not. I need to slow down on the game buying frenzy, even if it turns right into best buy credit.[/QUOTE]
I liked ace combat AH a lot so far. The reason it gets ragged on so much is they changed to much and the die hard ace combat people upset about it. It is like what is happening to the resident evil series pretty much. They are changing things making it more cod feel and getting rid of the horror genre stuff that made the game.

It is fun and if you like this type of game and do not hold it not being like the other AC games you will like it. So happy i got mine after putting it off so long cause so much hate for the game. The game is a gem in its own just sometimes change in a game series makes it hated. Enjoy the game it is good.

This may have been asked but I did not see it. For someone who has not played the first, nor owns the first Agarest War game and likes SRPGs decently, but not as much as traditional JRPGs is Agarest War Zero worth getting?

Is it a must to play harry potter 1 before i play harry 2?

Am i the only one notice most games come like new and chipped so badly? I popped in my nascar 2011 game finally looks brand new except the chips and unreadable even does not load up the game pic on the dash or anything. I tried on 4 xbox's so yeah not my xbox. I found out they resurface these discs so much sooner or later they take off to many layers and they become unplayable.

Still wondering how all these things are chipped how do they do it they ship in thick cardboard sleeves for rentals... I see how some can come like this but the last 18 or so games all but 1-2 came chipped. Grid came fine long ago found out that does not work to.

Always install these people to test them do not find out months later they are bad! Also chips do wear down the reading drive and do not complain when you have to buy a new xbox. It is called wear and tear... Think of a plane having missing chips on there wings do you think it would fly and if it did omg the bumpy ride you would get. Common sense these chips are bad!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This may have been asked but I did not see it. For someone who has not played the first, nor owns the first Agarest War game and likes SRPGs decently, but not as much as traditional JRPGs is Agarest War Zero worth getting?[/QUOTE]

I suggest checking youtube video reviews about this game. The type of game it is you will love it. BUT a small amount of people will enjoy these games now. I loved Final Fantasy Tactics so much and games like that on PS1/PS2 but once i hit the new gen consoles i can not stand playing them there to slow paced. If you can handle the slow pace and strategy this would be one of the better ones to get like this. I would buy myself but i pass on 80% of the deals i see now...

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I suggest checking youtube video reviews about this game. The type of game it is you will love it. BUT a small amount of people will enjoy these games now. I loved Final Fantasy Tactics so much and games like that on PS1/PS2 but once i hit the new gen consoles i can not stand playing them there to slow paced. If you can handle the slow pace and strategy this would be one of the better ones to get like this. I would buy myself but i pass on 80% of the deals i see now...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for recommending youtube. After looking at a video and noticing the mediocre (at best) graphics I am going to pass. Don't get me wrong, graphics don't make a game, but they help make a good game better. I also see graphics that are PS2 level on a current gen system as a cop out for companies who don't want to put effort to elevate their game to the next tier. Gonna pass on this one sadly.

Picked up War Zero. After looking at YouTube game play it seems like the game I've wanted since Tactics Ogre and FFT but never knew existed.

[quote name='KtMack23']Picked up War Zero. After looking at YouTube game play it seems like the game I've wanted since Tactics Ogre and FFT but never knew existed.[/QUOTE]

Might be a lil disappointing if your comparing it to them, just a heads up. But for that price it dosnt matter lol. It's not a bad game but its one of those Compile Heart super grindy games.

Jumping on Ace Combat. Great price for it.

If you miss out on Ace Combat during this deal, you should be able to find a copy on clearance @ Target for $11.98. I bought a copy and traded it into BBY last week. Just a heads up.

aww y'd u trade it in?? didn't u wanna "MAKE METAL BLEED!!!" ?
lololol..i can't believe they actually used that for a marketing slogan.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']If you miss out on Ace Combat during this deal, you should be able to find a copy on clearance @ Target for $11.98. I bought a copy and traded it into BBY last week. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dranakin']Awesome, picked up Ace Combat for PS3, having missed it the last time it was on sale.

On a related note, I so regret canceling my order of Catherine for $20. Now I keep hunting around for a deal on it...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find it for $20 around the end of the summer. It's almost been out for a year.

[quote name='technicalstylez']aww y'd u trade it in?? didn't u wanna "MAKE METAL BLEED!!!" ?
lololol..i can't believe they actually used that for a marketing slogan.[/QUOTE]

Because it made my free copy of NFS: The Run that much sweeter. Couldn't pass up the trade in credit. :bouncy:

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Because it made my free copy of NFS: The Run that much sweeter. Couldn't pass up the trade in credit. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

true that. between the 360 and ps3 versions i think ive traded in 3 of them..even before when the tiv was higher. finally kept a ps3 copy i got on clearance though.

Agh, I think im gonna pass on Ace Combat, don't feel like spending money right now and I get the feeling Best Buy is gonna have a coupon for it and hopefully when combined with a sale it'll be like 10 bucks or even less.

I bought the LE of the first Agarest War for the uh...artwork. lol, I loved FF Tactics, Vandal Hearts, Tactics Ogre, etc. but I just could not get into Agarest War. It's very tedious and you're basically in battles for like 15 minutes every few steps in a dungeon. And I found it fairly difficult on normal. I've been meaning to go back and try to see if I can get into the story on easy but there are way too many good games in my backlog right now.

Does Gamefly usually post different games during these nightly deals or have they posted the same game, but for a different console. The reason I ask is because I bought Record of Agarest War Zero [PS3] at Gamestop for double that price just a couple days ago.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Is it a must to play harry potter 1 before i play harry 2?

Am i the only one notice most games come like new and chipped so badly? I popped in my nascar 2011 game finally looks brand new except the chips and unreadable even does not load up the game pic on the dash or anything. I tried on 4 xbox's so yeah not my xbox. I found out they resurface these discs so much sooner or later they take off to many layers and they become unplayable.

Still wondering how all these things are chipped how do they do it they ship in thick cardboard sleeves for rentals... I see how some can come like this but the last 18 or so games all but 1-2 came chipped. Grid came fine long ago found out that does not work to.

Always install these people to test them do not find out months later they are bad! Also chips do wear down the reading drive and do not complain when you have to buy a new xbox. It is called wear and tear... Think of a plane having missing chips on there wings do you think it would fly and if it did omg the bumpy ride you would get. Common sense these chips are bad![/QUOTE]

I would say that is doesn't matter which Harry Potter you play first,mostly because the games do a pretty shitty job telling the story. I say just play the games for fun and if you want to get the story you'll be better off watching the movies or reading the book,which were both really fucking amazing IMO.

I feel the exact same way, bro. Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre were great on the PSP handheld, but Agarest War Zero is not feasible on the PS3. :booty:

[quote name='newtypex']I bought the LE of the first Agarest War for the uh...artwork. lol, I loved FF Tactics, Vandal Hearts, Tactics Ogre, etc. but I just could not get into Agarest War. It's very tedious and you're basically in battles for like 15 minutes every few steps in a dungeon. And I found it fairly difficult on normal. I've been meaning to go back and try to see if I can get into the story on easy but there are way too many good games in my backlog right now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='newtypex']I bought the LE of the first Agarest War for the uh...artwork. lol, I loved FF Tactics, Vandal Hearts, Tactics Ogre, etc. but I just could not get into Agarest War. It's very tedious and you're basically in battles for like 15 minutes every few steps in a dungeon. And I found it fairly difficult on normal. I've been meaning to go back and try to see if I can get into the story on easy but there are way too many good games in my backlog right now.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this post. Something about Agarest was just obtuse enough to keep it from being really engaging at first. I've yet to pick it back up either, but I snagged Zero with this sale and it might be the push I need to give it another chance. I hear the battles get pretty interesting tactically.

i bought driver and socom 4 on 4/19 they shipped and im still waiting... i bought Operation Flashpoint on 4/26 and it got here today should i be worried?

[quote name='cdwjustin']i bought driver and socom 4 on 4/19 they shipped and im still waiting... i bought Operation Flashpoint on 4/26 and it got here today should i be worried?[/QUOTE]

Depending on how they mailed it, it can take up to 2-3 weeks. I've had it run 3+ weeks on a single item delivery, but that was during the holidays. I'd give them another week and if it doesn't arrive by then, contact them. They have really good customer service and should refund you right away.

[quote name='inkcil']wow...had ace combat in my cart, went to change baby diaper...came back and it was out of stock. Thanks a lot baby pooh![/QUOTE]

i had the same thing happen but i decided to let the baby cry for a few mins wile i checked out... so that didnt happen

bread's done
Back