GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I didn't like it at first, and then I tried it. I restarted my membership for a dollar. I rented Catherine and Rayman Origins. Luckily Catherine went on sale and I was able to nab a like new copy for $18. Mind you my account was expiring in a few days or so. I was able to pick up Rayman Origins for $10 from Target so it's been a good month.

Don't knock it until you try it.[/QUOTE]

I've never been a big renter. Being on sites like these for years I've always just bought games cheap. Can't fault Gamefly though for making you be a paying member to "Keep" games. I was lucky enough to get Catherine from them months ago for $18 (still haven't played it!). My backlog is huge. This is a blessing in disguise. =)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Sorry I didn't make it clear. It wasn't the alternate version of Catherine. It was the original. (Zoomed out shot)[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought initially, but I wasn't sure.

Would bite on NCIS at $10 or $8. Weak spot for shit games.

I'd highly recommend both of the other games however at that price.

Well that was cool. I go to buy DA2 and GameFly won't accept my PayPal Mastercard, so I redo it a few times making sure I filled everything out right and it locks my account and tells me to contact support after only submitting my credit card info twice.

Bravo, GameFly!

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Highly doubtful any extra editions of DAII are released. The game was a big disappointment compared to DA, as such they scrapped plans for future DLC and are instead focusing efforts on DAIII.[/QUOTE]
It may have been a disappointment as far as reception goes, but it actually sold fairly decently. No idea about current sales numbers, but I remember them announcing that over 2 million copies had been sold in like the first month or two (more than the first game sold).

Those numbers aren't going to be comparable to the Call of Duties of the world, of course, but they're still nothing to sneeze at.

2 360 games i bought from Gamefly had long cracks on the bottom of the cases on both sides. has anyone here recieved cracked cases from Gamefly??

[quote name='Flying Frog']2 360 games i bought from Gamefly had long cracks on the bottom of the cases on both sides. has anyone here recieved cracked cases from Gamefly??[/QUOTE]
few times

[quote name='FlippyMcSlickdeal']I see a lot of posts in here about chipped discs ?

Is there truth to this ?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Most of the games I've gotten from them in the past year or so have had chips/dents on the outside edge. They should still play, and be too small a difference for your console to care, but it's your choice.

[quote name='FlippyMcSlickdeal']I see a lot of posts in here about chipped discs ?

It varies. I've gotten AC:B and Gunstringer (winth kinect fruit ninja code) from them (both xbox) in great condition, already played through the full storilines on both without issues

yes out of 3 games i bought on Gamefly.com 2 games had cracked cases as well as chipped disks. very good condition, right?:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Did anyone order NFS: Hot Pursuit on Friday and not have it shipped out yet? I find it weird that I ordered KOF XIII Sunday, and it shipped out the next morning, but NFS hasn't yet.

I've ordered about a dozen games from gamefly. Mix of ps3/360.

Maybe 20% of them have any damage whatsoever, and it's always been chips for me. If you've ever looked at a mail order optical disc (gamefly or netflix) you know what I mean. Around the edges, caused by the mailer. Cosmetic and no cause for alarm.

I've never received a disk with a single visible scratch or anything less than a brand new case/manual/dlc code (they don't even bother completely removing the shrinkwrap and tape sometimes).

I'm pretty sure every disc I've gotten from Gamefly has had a couple of chipped edges. Most the Xbox ones come fairly scratched up, and the PS3 ones are usually flawless. The chips don't bother me, I've bought 15 or so games from them, and plan to buy more tonight if there are some good deals!

Honestly, seems like a lot of damage depends on whoever handles the package in transit. I've ordered probably a total of 10 games over the years, only only once was a case chipped. I've been fortunate enough that every game disc has also arrived mint, and literally the only thing wrong with the one game was the case.

[quote name='moojuice']Honestly, seems like a lot of damage depends on whoever handles the package in transit. I've ordered probably a total of 10 games over the years, only only once was a case chipped. I've been fortunate enough that every game disc has also arrived mint, and literally the only thing wrong with the one game was the case.[/QUOTE]

Case damage is IMO the fault of the shipping company (ups/fedex/usps/whatever). I would complain to gamefly about it if it happened to me (it hasn't) as they'd probably like to know. The way their used game shipping works I don't see how they'd end up with more than a very tiny number of damaged cases caused by them.

I've rented 154 games from Gamefly over 6 years -- 80 PS3 games and 74 PS2 games -- and bought 3 games (2 PS3, 1 PS2). Out of all of those, I've only ever had 1 PS3 rental that had trouble playing. I think I might have seen one chipped disc several years ago. If I did, it played fine. If any of the other discs had any chips or scratches, I didn't notice.

[quote name='fujimitsu']I've ordered about a dozen games from gamefly. Mix of ps3/360.

Maybe 20% of them have any damage whatsoever, and it's always been chips for me. If you've ever looked at a mail order optical disc (gamefly or netflix) you know what I mean. Around the edges, caused by the mailer. Cosmetic and no cause for alarm.

I've never received a disk with a single visible scratch or anything less than a brand new case/manual/dlc code (they don't even bother completely removing the shrinkwrap and tape sometimes).[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it's no cause for alarm, if the chips are deep enough they can definitely make the data on the disc unreadable. There's probably a much higher chance that chips will affect readability/playability of PS3 discs than scratches due to the fact that PS3 discs are pretty hard to scratch. I've avoided ordering any 360 games from gamefly because there's a decent chance it'll be scratched up, but I don't worry about that when ordering PS3 games from them. All of the games I've ordered have been chipped, but most people won't notice chipped edges until they look at a photo or are shown what the chips look like.

Some of the chips on the games I've received have come VERY close to breaching the data on the disc, but luckily none of them have.. I guess I've been lucky.

This.

I am certainly NOT one of the lucky ones.

[quote name='sunghost']I wouldn't say it's no cause for alarm, if the chips are deep enough they can definitely make the data on the disc unreadable. There's probably a much higher chance that chips will affect readability/playability of PS3 discs than scratches due to the fact that PS3 discs are pretty hard to scratch. I've avoided ordering any 360 games from gamefly because there's a decent chance it'll be scratched up, but I don't worry about that when ordering PS3 games from them. All of the games I've ordered have been chipped, but most people won't notice chipped edges until they look at a photo or are shown what the chips look like.

Some of the chips on the games I've received have come VERY close to breaching the data on the disc, but luckily none of them have.. I guess I've been lucky.[/QUOTE]

Well after hearing about the crappy condition these tend to come in, coupled with the fact that all the support tells me is that I "put my billing address in wrong" (which I didn't) I'm just going to pass.

I can find a mint copy of DA2 on eBay and have actual pictures to look at for a few bucks more, and I don't have to deal with GameFly's nonsense. Not to mention they charge tax, lol.

Ever Rage out because someone forgot your Anniversary? Surely, there was some Resistance, but it won't be your Final Fantasy.

[quote name='CheapyD']Ever Rage out because someone forgot your Anniversary? Surely, there was some Resistance, but it won't be your Final Fantasy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clues, but nothing for me tonight.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well after hearing about the crappy condition these tend to come in, coupled with the fact that all the support tells me is that I "put my billing address in wrong" (which I didn't) I'm just going to pass.

I can find a mint copy of DA2 on eBay and have actual pictures to look at for a few bucks more, and I don't have to deal with GameFly's nonsense. Not to mention they charge tax, lol.[/QUOTE]

Did you try adding extra 4 digits to zip code? I hate those.

Chips? Minor cosmetic on outer surface, never heard of it making a game unplayable unless you are talking about scratches, cracks, or Xbox games. Also gamefly cases/manuals/DLC codes come unused and you can ask for a replacement case if case broke during shipping, no extra charge.

[quote name='Sway']Halo Anniversary is down to $17.99 now. It's going to be $19.99 new at TRU starting this Sunday.[/QUOTE]
And I will be visiting TRU starting this Sunday.

Thanks anyhow!

[quote name='Hellhunt']And I will be visiting TRU starting this Sunday.

Thanks anyhow![/QUOTE]

And I'll be waiting for Amazon to price match :D

Debating Halo Ann. purchase. Worth it? I'm still playing Rage and I just bought Deus Ex HR the other day. Tempted by Halo because of the fond memories.

Yes. If you purchase it used anywhere else, you will have to pay an additional $10 for the online pass alone. The game is a triple AAA title from Sony's internal team. It has quality plenty in spades.

[quote name='Danimal']Tempted by R3 for $14.99. Never played the series, though. Worth it at this price to jump in?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Danimal']Tempted by R3 for $14.99. Never played the series, though. Worth it at this price to jump in?[/QUOTE]

I just picked up Resistance 1 and 2 for $5 apiece on craigslist and just picked up R3 now, and I've played all three before mind you. It's a good series. Under-rated imo. R3 is a little different than the other 2 as the protagonist is entirely new, but great art direction and fun weaponry...a little buggy though and the ending will let you down. Hope that helps.

bread's done
Back