GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
When buying used you must be able to give something up. You can't ALWAYS get perfect cases, mint games with manuals and working dlc. If you need that stuff go into a store so that you can inspect the games, or buy new. I for one love gamefly because most of the time their stuff is in better condition than buying new from gamestop.

But some princesses need a castle, and in that castle there needs to be a unicorn.

Been buying GF used games for 5+ years, never a problem, always great quality.

And in this or some other recent thread, someone pointed out that all links here are converted to referral links, so Cheapy does get something out of this, but IMO the site deserves it as it saves me and others tons of cash.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Any word on more sales today Cheapy? I'm still holding out on a Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 repeat.[/QUOTE]

Read OP

The chipping issue is soooooo blown out of proportion by anal people. Yes, the games likely have some "chipping" on the edges because of being mailed across the country. No, that doesn't mean there's any discernible part of the disc missing, in fact you only really see it if you sit there and stare at the edge and notice the clear little line at the very edge of the disc (with no game data) reflects light a little differently in parts it has tiny chips.

I've only ever had one game not play from them and they refunded it no problem/no hassle. All I care is that my games play so I can play them and then rid myself of them if I wish afterwards. If I wanted perfection I'd go to the store personally and buy nothing but new copies and then handle them with latex gloves and lots of love when I played them.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Any word on more sales today Cheapy? I'm still holding out on a Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 repeat.[/QUOTE]

From the OP:

Thursday's deals will be repeats from the last few weeks

[quote name='Flying Frog'] CheapyD is probably paid by Gamefly to advertise and say that the games are Like New cause they arent.[/QUOTE]

Did you really just post that? Seriously?

Please log off of CAG.

[quote name='Shuino']I have bought about 15 to 20 used games of GameFly and I have never had any problems. Every disc and case have been mint condition besides maybe 2 or 3 with very light scuffs on the disc.[/QUOTE]

This.

ive bought quite a few games and i just got my socom copy in the mai today it has a scratch on it ve ry small and can only see it form an angle about a half inch... should i keep it.. i cant test all my game through ive bought 8 from game fly to test them all world take hours and hours... think im safe?

[quote name='blazenumb1']From the OP:

Thursday's deals will be repeats from the last few weeks[/QUOTE]

Yea, don't know why I missed that. I've been here long enough to not make that mistake.

[quote name='cdwjustin']ive bought quite a few games and i just got my socom copy in the mai today it has a scratch on it ve ry small and can only see it form an angle about a half inch... should i keep it.. i cant test all my game through ive bought 8 from game fly to test them all world take hours and hours... think im safe?[/QUOTE]
trolling?

[quote name='Slixshot']what are the chances that Rage comes with the Anarchy DLC?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't. I got Rage from GameFly and it wasn't the Anarchy Edition, and someone 12 posts before yours said the same thing.

So the base of Gamefly's business is renting out games that no one can play because they are damaged. Sounds like a very nice business model, specially when they can even sell these games that do not play to suckers on the internets...

Guess Gamefly has suckered me dozens of times... Someone should put a stop to them !

[quote name='Caoz']So the base of Gamefly's business is renting out games that no one can play because they are damaged. Sounds like a very nice business model, specially when they can even sell these games that do not play to suckers on the internets...

Guess Gamefly has suckered me dozens of times... Someone should put a stop to them ![/QUOTE]
Funny. i bought two games from them. First one was pristine. The second one was chipped and scratched but played fine.

[quote name='Slixshot']what are the chances that Rage comes with the Anarchy DLC?[/QUOTE]
I'd ask them. When I bought mine about a month ago it did not. What sucked, and this is my fault for not checking around CAG, is a new copy was only slight more (less then adding the $12 dlc) at the time.

Personally, I would happily take a gamefly possibly chipped game over almost* any other online retailer of used games. With the exception of ebay/amazon 3rd party with a good descript or pics.

*I might luck out with a more pristine copy of a game from gohastings, but there is a risk the game will be missing the manual or case art, and almost never comes with dlc.

I've been a gamefly member for 3 years now. I've rented over 100 360/PS3 games from them and only once did I receive a game that just would not play because it was unreadable or too damaged. The machine that they use chips the edges but they generally play just fine.

The fact that I'm buying a game such as Deus Ex for $4 after discounts is amazing. I'm not expecting a brand new disc. Just as long as they work...

[quote name='GUNNM']trolling?[/QUOTE]

for christ sake its a GD question from people who i THOUGHT would answer it without being an ahole... ima keep the disk i love buying from gamefly and will continue until the videogame industry gets rid of used games... too date ive boguhten 25 games form them and returned two... i just wanted fucking advice... oh and yes im going to keep socom

i just dont like being call something im not...

big thanks to gamefly, CAG, and the people on this site with decency

Umm, if CAGs receive their Rage copies without the DLC codes, shoot me a PM. I can help people out. I gave some out about two months ago to a few CAGs. Don't forget to let me know what system though - I have several code cards for each system.

mine didn't....good luck:)

My Resistance 3 shipped already:D, have never had a problem with any of my 20+ games I bought of gamefly and all been in excellent shape and disc prefect.

[quote name='bgame2']Umm, if CAGs receive their Rage copies without the DLC codes, shoot me a PM. I can help people out. I gave some out about two months ago to a few CAGs. Don't forget to let me know what system though - I have several code cards for each system.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that would rock. Got mine without the code, shot you a PM.:bow:

Much appreciated

Semper Fi

Shrowd

[quote name='therealdeal19']For anti-chipped disc people, your nightly deals are as follows:

Rage :360: - $19.58
Resistance 3 :ps3: - $24.99
Final Fantasy XIII-2 :ps3: - $34.99
Halo Anniversary :360: - $36.69

... seriously, if you don't like the chipped discs please buy new and leave us all alone. I will keep on enjoying the great prices and great games from Gamefly, over 100 games bought over the years from them.[/QUOTE]
I don't understand what's with the hate over some people not wanting damaged discs. It's not your business, y'know? I'm just here politely asking about a company I've never dealt with before. People on CAG have such aggressive bad attitudes, I swear.

As for CheapyD saying that everything comes in "excellent" condition, I can't say much about that. I don't know CheapyD. This is a pretty commercial site, and as someone pointed out that the links he post work as referrals to GF, there's probably a little more involved than just "helpin' a brother out". Money makes the world go round.

As for GF, their support has continually screwed me around. Looking around the internet, everyone hates their support. I've seen nothing so far to like this company one bit. Why?

When I originally jumped at this deal, I tried buying DA2 for $9.99. The site told me my CC info was wrong, so I rechecked it, made sure it wasn't, and my account was locked out. I contacted support and they told me my CC info was wrong. I told them it was not and to recheck their records. They did that, came back and said "Okay, the CC info was correct and we don't know what happened, call us". In return I say "I don't want to wait on hold without knowing a few things first", so I explain to them (again) that because of their site messing up, I missed the deal, and that I need them to confirm that I can get the price for DA2 that I should have. They reply with a generic message telling me to call them, so I explain once more. They copy and paste their last message saying to call them, so I copy and paste my message back to them. In response I get a long message of how they "determine" the price of a game based on availability yada yada, telling me that DA2 is $14.99 and completely ignoring the rest of my messages.

So basically, it's nonsense. Crappiest support I've ever seen besides eBay. Even Capcom tries harder. Not to mention every time they reply to me, it's a new person.

As for someone saying that you can just sell the game discs you get from GF on eBay to make your money back and buy a different disc, that's a little nonsense. If you want to list the disc as being in great condition, sure, but if you want to be honest and explain that there are small "chips" on the edges of the disc, not so much. People don't want discs with chipped edges, no matter how small. Some people don't want resurfaced discs at all, and as they use a resurfacing machine that chips edges, that's a huge red flag for any smart buyer. Besides that, the value of such a disc plummets; you're not going to get much for it.

I totally understand the idea of buying cheap games just to play them once. I do. But I do that at garage sales where I can get the game for a few bucks and throw it around. When I'm going to pay nearly just as much as I can buy the same exact game on eBay or Amazon for, what's the use? I'm not going to shove down anyone's throats that I think they're stupid or something; I understand where they're coming from. I'm just explaining myself to everyone who keeps complaining "if you don't like it shut up and buy new games". Is everyone on CAG here so pissy and hostile?

Anyways, GF ain't for me, so I'll take my leave.

Isn't it expected that you might get a scratched or even chipped disc? I mean Gamefly is a video game rental service right? The only reasons they would be selling discs is that they have too much in stock or they're chipped/scratched. Isn't that the expectation? The only game I bought from Gamefly so far is inFamous 2 and there wasn't a scratch or chip to be found. Even so I'd probably be hesitant to buy a 360 game since PS3 games are much harder to scratch. Also, don't they fully refund your purchase if the game doesn't work? If you don't want your disc tampered with you might as well buy new. Most used games probably have been tampered with in some way.

As far as the return process goes, it sounds great. I totally would try my luck and just send the game back if it wasn't in good enough shape for me, but I've just been fucked around by support and site errors have swindled me out of the deal I was interested in (which support will do nothing about).

At this point it's like... why? I've wasted so much time saying the same thing over and over again to their crappy support staff; it's tiring.

[quote name='Caoz']So the base of Gamefly's business is renting out games that no one can play because they are damaged. Sounds like a very nice business model, specially when they can even sell these games that do not play to suckers on the internets...

Guess Gamefly has suckered me dozens of times... Someone should put a stop to them ![/QUOTE]

No different than going to buy previously viewed/played games from Blockbuster or any other movie rental chain. Personally in my opinion, you are getting what you pay for, extremely discounted games that have been played/rented out. Sure you might get a bad apple here and there, but I've found their customer service is excellent, although I'm sure it's not the same with everyone.

If you want pristine games, go buy new.

If you do not like their business practices, don't buy/rent from them, just like with any other store/chain. No one is forcing you.

End of rant....

Well, I'm sure it does come down to luck. Some people have only received minty games, some have only received damaged discs, some people have had good experiences with support, some bad.

As far as my experiences, I was interested in buying something to test my luck, but I've received uh... 8+ bad apples from support? Like I said, every reply I get is a new rep (it says their name in the message) saying the same exact thing and/or just ignoring my questions. Really frustrating.

let's leave it like this: Some of us have had really good luck buying used from Gamefly and would recommend a friend to buy from them. Others have not had good luck and would not recommend buying from them. There is no right or wrong, just different experiences and opinions. Now can we focus on the real issue? What are tonight's deals going to be?

Along the way of this economic issue a lot of deals have come and now gone. Target, Best Buy, Kmart are all much wiser and harder to get deals. I'm sure this sites user population exploded. Along the way we seem to have picked up some really over privileged members that balk at $1 differences and deals that are a hair from awesome. Threads are getting more and more crapped on as people seem to want to be heard than participate in deals. It astonishes me as to how ignorant people can be to the gamble of used game sales.

It's not your right to a deal, you are lucky to be involved. Clearance and used games are a gamble, and so far Gamefly has eaten most of the risk with their customer service. We gotcha, chipped disks. Take your post number and subtract that from 200 and that's your IQ if you think you're doing anything productive by complaining.

Now, what's the deal for tonight?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Along the way of this economic issue a lot of deals have come and now gone. Target, Best Buy, Kmart are all much wiser and harder to get deals. I'm sure this sites user population exploded. Along the way we seem to have picked up some really over privileged members that balk at $1 differences and deals that are a hair from awesome. Threads are getting more and more crapped on as people seem to want to be heard than participate in deals. It astonishes me as to how ignorant people can be to the gamble of used game sales.

It's not your right to a deal, you are lucky to be involved. Clearance and used games are a gamble, and so far Gamefly has eaten most of the risk with their customer service. We gotcha, chipped disks. Take your post number and subtract that from 200 and that's your IQ if you think you're doing anything productive by complaining.

Now, what's the deal for tonight?[/QUOTE]
Thanks for demonstrating the awesome attitude of CAG veterans here. Bravo, buddy.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Thanks for demonstrating the awesome attitude of CAG veterans here. Bravo, buddy.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome. We've heard you rant and you've heard us rant, now let's get on with the deals.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Your welcome. We've heard you rant and you've heard us rant, now let's get on with the deals.[/QUOTE]
Hm, I asked questions and recounted my experience, but if that counts as a rant, fair enough. Can't argue with that idea.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Hoping for another sale on Dynasty Warriors 7 and Gundam Warriors 3 for XBOX 360. Missed those last time they were on sale.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. I've had gundam 3 in my cart for a week.

[quote name='AukeySeven']It's like going to a whorehouse and expecting a tight girl.

THESE GAMES ARE USED PEOPLE!!@$@[/QUOTE]You sir win best post of the day!

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Hoping for another sale on Dynasty Warriors 7 and Gundam Warriors 3 for XBOX 360. Missed those last time they were on sale.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the last time DW 7 was on sale before xmas? That's the last I remember it and I'm still kicking myself for not getting it then.

Phineas and Ferb :wii: $8
LA Noire :360: $10
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One :ps3: $15

I think these are all deals, but could be wrong. Look likes lots of Wii crap too.

Gears 3 $18 free ship. Not sure if that's new since I haven't checked Gamefly in a week.

*edit* NVM. Cheapy was on that quick. I remember the last thread during x-mas it usually took a while for him to post. Thanks, Cheapy^^

bread's done
Back