GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']Too bad NFS game is The Run and not Hot Pursuit.[/QUOTE]

(1) Hot Pursuit is a year older
(2) Hot Pursuit hit the Gamefly deals multiple times in the past.

Thanks

If I had a copy, it would have been yours for free. God knows you have helped me save hundreds if not more by now. Hopefully others here with a copy feel the same way.

[quote name='CheapyD']Damn, Rayman is gone. Was going to pick one up.[/QUOTE]

Rayman 360 version is still in stock. Anyone who even thinks they might be interested should definitely buy it at this price. It's THE perfect game for local co-op for anyone from cute little girls to creepy old men. You can either try to perfect the level or just (literally) float through it, so long as one of the four players knows what they're doing.

Really the only downside was the initial $60 price-point and to a lesser degree the fact that achievements aren't given to all players, just the primary player.

Oh, right, don't worry if you're not a Rayman fan. I've never played a Rayman game previously in my life, and it didn't detract from the experience at all. It has about as much storyline as an episode of Bugs Bunny. "nyeah, what's up, voluptuous fairy?"

[quote name='thenutman69321']LHP 5-7 for Xbox 360 back in stock. Just grabbed one.[/QUOTE]

I tried to snag one but right as I checked out its OOS again. :cry:

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']Too bad NFS game is The Run and not Hot Pursuit.[/QUOTE]

NFS: The Run is highly addictive. It locked up on me twice after installing. I'm going to finish my final exam so I can get back to it. Haven't bought anything from GF since they had Catherine on sale so I wonder what's going to be on sale tonight. Catch you guys later on.

If I sign up for the free trial, rent Rayman Origins then choose to "Keep it" for $13, then cancel my membership before the trial ends, will I be charged anything besides the $13 to keep it?

Thanks.

Looks like the run is in stock but I keep missing the other 2.... I've yet to touch Hot Pursuit I bought last year from GF so no thanks to the run.

[quote name='Armads']If I sign up for the free trial, rent Rayman Origins then choose to "Keep it" for $13, then cancel my membership before the trial ends, will I be charged anything besides the $13 to keep it?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure. You can definitely try it though. I signed up for a $1, and kept Catherine right before my account canceled. So it was $17.xx. Mind you, I had Catherine at my house before they had the sale. I would just give it a shot though. If you decide to keep the game, they'll send you the case and manual.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm not entirely sure. You can definitely try it though. I signed up for a $1, and kept Catherine right before my account canceled. So it was $17.xx. Mind you, I had Catherine at my house before they had the sale. I would just give it a shot though. If you decide to keep the game, they'll send you the case and manual.[/QUOTE]

I signed up for the trial and added it to my Q, though looking at my Q it says all the way to the right "Not For Sale", and on the game page when I click 'Keep' it just tells me I about choosing to keep it, but it doesn't give me an option to actually 'keep' it, lol. I just hope the $13 price isn't gone by the time it gets to me in the mail.

[quote name='Armads']I signed up for the trial and added it to my Q, though looking at my Q it says all the way to the right "Not For Sale", and on the game page when I click 'Keep' it just tells me I about choosing to keep it, but it doesn't give me an option to actually 'keep' it, lol. I just hope the $13 price isn't gone by the time it gets to me in the mail.[/QUOTE]

You can only keep it once it actually ships, and it will only be that price until about 5pm PST today. But, since Gamefly repeats sales at the end of the week it could go up for sale again, so I'd get it shipped out anyway. Then you don't have to worry about stock, since you'll be keeping it.

[quote name='DarkMinded']Picked up Rayman Origins for $5.00 for PS3[/QUOTE]

How? Where? Gamefly had it listed for $13. I picked up the 360 version for $13.87 shipped myself. Very happy with it too!

some people count their trades / credit toward the net price of a game. if that were the case I would have a ton of "free" games. lol.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']some people count their trades / credit toward the net price of a game. if that were the case I would have a ton of "free" games. lol.[/QUOTE]

True, I got Rayman Origins for free, I just had to go to work for an hour.

Nothing wrong with that, it's making the post vague enough to get people thinking they missed a deal or something that gets people upset. Not too hard to add "out-of-pocket" or "after credit/discount."

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']some people count their trades / credit toward the net price of a game. if that were the case I would have a ton of "free" games. lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha yea. Those people are silly. Also the people who think they win things on eBay. Makes me laugh.

haha. according to that logic, everything i got from bestbuy for past 2 year and future years is free. haha. i wish.
i also love people that deduct gift cards twice. like max payne w $20 gc, so i get max payne for $40 and then some other $60 game for $40... ummm nope. lol peace cags!

[quote name='Velo214']haha. according to that logic, everything i got from bestbuy for past 2 year and future years is free. haha. i wish.
i also love people that deduct gift cards twice. like max payne w $20 gc, so i get max payne for $40 and then some other $60 game for $40... ummm nope. lol peace cags![/QUOTE]

That logic was rampant in the K-Mart Gamer thread.

I believe it got an official-type price drop because in the past week all my local stores have marked it down to $20 new. I would be surprised if Gamefly keeps the used ones at their current regular price-points for much longer. :whistle2:o

[quote name='Idiotekque']HP 5-7 is $20 brand new from GameStop now if anyone is picky about that. :)[/QUOTE]

Doctor Lautrec & the Forgotten Knights for $9.99 is a great deal. The game is somewhat repetitive, but there's really nothing else like it. It combines Professor Layton style puzzles, dungeon exploration, stealth and moving block puzzles, and Pokemon style turn-based battles into something truly unique. It also has great production values, with nice animated cutscenes and excellent voice acting.

Here are a bunch of DS/3DS price drops that I don't remember being there yesterday, all with free shipping:

Smurfs :ds: $7.99
Lego Harry Potter 5-7 :ds: $7.99
Nicktoons MLB :ds: $7.99
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights :3ds: $9.99
Ben 10 Triple Pack :ds: $12.99
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem :ds: $14.99
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 :ds: $14.99
Fossil Fighters: Champions :ds: $14.99
Sonic Generations :3ds: $17.99
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater :3ds: $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done