GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
This is the second time I have tried to bite on a nightly deal and the site is down. Hopefully it will be up again soon since I am thinking about grabbing DQ: Joker 2 and MAYBE MGS3

Doctor Laytoc and the FairlyObvious Knockoff looks...interesting. Not sure they had to plagiarize 90% of the Layton franchise to accomplish their goal.

If Professor Layton decided to grow a mustache, Konami's entire defense would be blown out of the courtroom.

[quote name='Kerig']Doctor Laytoc and the FairlyObvious Knockoff looks...interesting. Not sure they had to plagiarize 90% of the Layton franchise to accomplish their goal.

If Professor Layton decided to grow a mustache, Konami's entire defense would be blown out of the courtroom.[/QUOTE]

Except they are completely different games.

i want to buy mario vs donkey kong, but the site is down

GameFly, please...
acb.jpg

[quote name='exaznkid']nice price on MGS3D but i really dont see any reason to buy it since i have the HD collection on PS3[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm considering getting the MGS collection for the Vita when it comes out, so I guess I shouldn't bite on MGS3D...

I'm buying MGS 3D just to have in the collection. With the HD Collection out though, there just isn't really a reason to play this version.

Bah, I am going to bed and hoping whatever I want is still on sale in the morning. I don't understand why they would pull the site down for maintenance the same evening as their nightly deal unless it was an emergency.

[quote name='Kerig']Doctor Laytoc and the FairlyObvious Knockoff looks...interesting. Not sure they had to plagiarize 90% of the Layton franchise to accomplish their goal..[/QUOTE]

They didn't. The puzzles play a fairly small role in Dr. Lautrec, whereas in Professor Layton, they make up the entirety of the game. While I'm sure Konami wanted people to see similarities in the two games, Dr. Lautrec is far from a knockoff.

Fossil Fighters: Champions $14.99

or 14.44 shipped after 10% 3 month membership..

if it was 10 maybe... tempted but beat the main game months ago and really dont feel like spending 15 on a post game what is a nightmare to play

and thought rejoining was cheaper then buying

HOPEFULLY battleship keeps its tuesday release date (hopefully ships monday)

IF i had to buy instead of rent for games they wanted

MAY 10 to JULY 10

BUY
Battleship ds 20 bucks 5/15
Gungir psp 30 bucks 6/12
Pokemon conquest 30 bucks 6/22 (though still may buy it off best buy)

80 bucks out of pocket for 3 games .... while it only cost me 20 to rent them and if they hate them i be lucky to resell them at

battle 10 to 12
Gun 15 to 20
pokemon 20 52 if lucky + 20 = 72 bucks back would of blew 80+ so renting is better

ALSO if they hate battleship i could do

Battleship 5/12
Cradle of rome 2 5/29 or Resistance: Burning Skies
Gungnir 6/12
pokemon conquest 6/19
Lego batman 2 or Cradle of perisa late june

could sneak another 2 games in there what would be an easy 50 more

the battleship should be an easy flip.. say get it the 17th send it back the 24th ( a week to beat)
Cradle of rome 2 5/29 or Resistance: Burning Skies get on june 1 keep to june 8
Gungnir get on june 14

would have to up to 2 games at a time to get pokemon to ship though Man ....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cheska19']Damnit, I wait for Gamefly to come back and Doctor Lautrec is sold out -_-[/QUOTE]

You're not missing out on much. The little cut scenes and voice acting aren't bad, but the actual "puzzles" leave you wanting something more. After playing Layton, I expected a bit more from puzzles and not the same variations such as "Guess the four differences in this picture".

I'm still playing it, and the battle part of it is interesting, except they do a horrible job explaining it. I guess for 10 bucks it's a decent try, but don't fret over it.

What is the average time for a game to be delivered? I ordered Ratchet and Clank last week when it was on sale, it was shipped out on the 5th due to a CC error i had. Never had a game take more than a couple of days to arrive and its been 4 days and no game yet. If a game gets lost in transition will GF help me out or am i just SOL.

[quote name='Hraesvelg']What is the average time for a game to be delivered? I ordered Ratchet and Clank last week when it was on sale, it was shipped out on the 5th due to a CC error i had. Never had a game take more than a couple of days to arrive and its been 4 days and no game yet. If a game gets lost in transition will GF help me out or am i just SOL.[/QUOTE]

The average time for a game to be delivered is 5 days for me. I wouldn't worry yet. If the game is lost, gamefly will most likely refund you.

[quote name='Hraesvelg']What is the average time for a game to be delivered? I ordered Ratchet and Clank last week when it was on sale, it was shipped out on the 5th due to a CC error i had. Never had a game take more than a couple of days to arrive and its been 4 days and no game yet. If a game gets lost in transition will GF help me out or am i just SOL.[/QUOTE]
Still waiting on mine also.

Not part of the nightly deals, but I picked up Ys Chronicles for PSP the other day. Opened the package today, and it was the premium version! for $13.49!

[quote name='gla55jAw']Not part of the nightly deals, but I picked up Ys Chronicles for PSP the other day. Opened the package today, and it was the premium version! for $13.49![/QUOTE]

yea they been doing that for months.. i got mine about xmas last year

Anyone know if I have a gamefly 10 day trial, if when I cancel, do I have to have the games back to them before the 10 days are up? Or do I cancel before the 10 days, and they give me a few days to get it back to them? Thanks.

Tonight's deals feature a Continuum Shift to Hybrid technology. There are HD trilogies, duos, and Digital Collections and more!

Ok, so we got a BlazBlue game (unknown which one exactly), Tekken on PS3, and some HD collections. I'm tempted if the price is right on some of these. Thanks Cheapy. :)

Might be interested in Silent Hill HD collection if for xbox, know it was on sale earlier this week for PS3. Maybe some of the others. Side note: I really need to quit buying from these sales...lol.

Looking at Amazon prices, a new copy of Dragon Quest: Joker 2 is going for around $15 - $20 at this point. I'm gonna hold off for a cheaper price.

Tempted to get Sonic Generations for that price though. I'll pass on Metal Gear Solid, already have the original, Subsistence, and the HD Collection. I love the game to death, but there isn't enough in the 3DS version to justify a 4th go.

I'm really hoping for the Ico/shadow collection @ $15 or less. Not holding my breath, but I've been waiting for that one for quite some time.

Looking at what's in stock right now, the trilogies are Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, and Splinter Cell. The duos are both God of Wars and Ico/SOTC. That's on the PS3 side.

bread's done
Back