Gamefly Daily Deals - Cities XL 2012 $13.59, Expansion $5.10 (PC)

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All used games in the sale come with free shipping. Games come complete with manual, case, and online passes.
(If you don't see an option to BUY the game but only to RENT it along with "keep for $$$" on its page, than it is no longer available for purchase without a subscription as they currently only have enough copies marked for rental purposes. Be sure to check back in on this thread or the site itself as titles do come back in stock. In my experience, games get restocked around 10AM - 2PM EDT but YMMV.)

:pc:Cities XL 2012 $13.59
:pc:Cities XL 2012 Expansion $5.10

This post is wikified, feel free to update as new deals come out.

Link to Gamefly's twitter feed
Link to Gamefly's store page, sorted by price/free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blakesgameroom']Just to let you know, Dead souls really isnt like any of the other ones[/QUOTE]

I know that, but I got so wrapped up in the story of Dead Souls (I know its a spin-off), that I'm interested in playing the others. I've seen Yakuza 3 for cheap and 4 fluctuates in price.

[quote name='showtimefolks']I have bought many games from gamefly all for ps3 and never even once did I get a disk that didn't look like brand new. I get my games from Dallas gamefly and if I am not wrong once or twice from LA and my experience has been stellar

From what u have ready from this thread and many gamefly threads before this is that xbox369 games from gamefly are a risky buy but ps3 versions usually are like new[/QUOTE]
Not sure where you've gotten the impression that only Xbox 360 discs come chipped up. It's exactly the same with PS3 discs. Thanks for the info on the Dallas DC though; sounds like that might be a good one.

[quote name='Dranakin']Not a great first experience with GF rental, especially when out of the last 5 discs I've bought from them (out of 20+) are coming in chipped. Are they using some new resurfacer or something?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like they're shipping to you from a different distribution center. Or perhaps that resurfacing machine local to your DC is starting to have the same problem as the other machines.

[quote name='brianace']I got WWE All Stars for PS3, and while my copy does not freeze the game after KO, the drive has a hell of a time reading the disc, it makes quite a racket. All three games I ordered had chips, but this was the only one that had this problem once I started playing the game. So back it goes. I've seen this game start to hit the clearance cycle at Target, so a new copy for $14 or so doesn't sound unreasonable. Don't know if I'll bother, as I did not find the game to be very fun at all.[/QUOTE]

I hope mine is normal. It does it for only a split second and the loading/saving logo pops up in the corner so I'm assuming it's a normal action since none of the chips are that bad. I don't hear my PS3 get any louder either.

:360:AC:R showed up from Gamefly last night -- easily the best looking game I've ever received from them. Not a single scratch on the disc, I was pleasantly surprised!

I got my copies of Sonic Generations:ps3: and Final Fantasy XIII-2:ps3: yesterday from Gamefly and it was from Pittsburgh and both were in great condition (Sonic Generations had like maybe 2 chips? FFXIII-2 was immaculate though) which surprised me because from what many were saying within this thread, the Pittsburgh center is pretty bad.

I like having manuals simply b/c I selll every game on eBay once I've finished it. The "complete w/ original case and manual" hook always brings a little more interest and higher sale price to an auction, if only b/c the buyer is less inclined to think that they're buying a former Blockbuster rental.

(GS employee viewing live video of manual thief)
GS Emp: Wait...did that guy just...open one of our used cases and take out the freaking manual??? What is he thinking???

GS Manager: Rewind that....yeah....yeah, I think he did.

GS Emp (getting up from his chair): Well, shouldn't we go stop him before he leaves the store?

GS Manager (puts hand on employee's shoulder): No, man...No. Just let him go. Let him go.

[quote name='thefinal87']I got my copies of Sonic Generations:ps3: and Final Fantasy XIII-2:ps3: yesterday from Gamefly and it was from Pittsburgh and both were in great condition (Sonic Generations had like maybe 2 chips? FFXIII-2 was immaculate though) which surprised me because from what many were saying within this thread, the Pittsburgh center is pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think you only hear the horror stories so you get an unbalanced view. All of my orders from Gamestop have come in good to excellent shape so far (knock on wood...)

[quote name='camoor']Honestly I think you only hear the horror stories so you get an unbalanced view. All of my orders from Gamestop have come in good to excellent shape so far (knock on wood...)[/QUOTE]
Gamefly ;)

[quote name='thefinal87']I got my copies of Sonic Generations:ps3: and Final Fantasy XIII-2:ps3: yesterday from Gamefly and it was from Pittsburgh and both were in great condition (Sonic Generations had like maybe 2 chips? FFXIII-2 was immaculate though) which surprised me because from what many were saying within this thread, the Pittsburgh center is pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

About 90% of the games I've bought from Gamefly (probably about 60 games so far), have been in mint or near mint condition. The other 10% (always 360 games), have had noticeable scratches and two have been bad enough that I've sent them back. Virtually every PS3 game I've bought from them has been in like new condition.

Gamestop on the other hand seem to sell the shitty games online that they can't sell in store, especially during their b2g1 sales. During these sales, there is a 90% chance that one or more game will come in a generic black case without a manual and will be scuffed up. I refuse to buy any games above $10 from Gamestop for this reason.

[quote name='frogkopf']About 90% of the games I've bought from Gamefly (probably about 60 games so far), have been in mint or near mint condition. The other 10% (always 360 games), have had noticeable scratches and two have been bad enough that I've sent them back. Virtually every PS3 game I've bought from them has been in like new condition.

Gamestop on the other hand seem to sell the shitty games online that they can't sell in store, especially during their b2g1 sales. During these sales, there is a 90% chance that one or more game will come in a generic black case without a manual and will be scuffed up. I refuse to buy any games above $10 from Gamestop for this reason.[/QUOTE]
This is because you're served by a DC with a good machine. There are other accounts of CAGs buying 10+ PS3 discs and getting all of them or nearly all of them with chips. You also should look back over those 60+ games closely on the edges with a good light. Odds are you will find some chips.

Good to hear that someone got a disc in good shape from the Pittsburgh center though.

Just chiming in to say I received my ps3 silent hill collection in fine condition, no scratches or damage. Also from Pittsburg. Still have to wait for my Ace Combat to come in.

[quote name='chunlirocks']I "borrow" manuals from Gamestop all the time. I give them no business but I do take advantage of their "long term free rental manual plan" card.

:beer:[/QUOTE]

Wow...watch out guys...we got a cool kid on our hands!

Anyway, I've been a GF member for a few years and also buy stuff from them occasionally, usually when I have a rewards cert to burn. I've seen well over 100 discs from them, and I've only had one or two that were beat to shit.

Hmm. I've gotten 15~ games from gamefly, and Fight Night 3 was the only one I've ever received with a chip on it, although it played fine. Bully SE was scratched to hell, but I never encountered a problem while playing it. All the rest were in near perfect condition.

I guess some people are just plain unlucky.

Well this is stupid as shit. I get a defective copy of Ace Combat:AA. I report it broken and expect just a return and exchange.

"Our system does not allow for a 1 to 1 exchange"

"But you can buy it again at the current higher price"

fucking cunts.

[quote name='Shinoto']Well this is stupid as shit. I get a defective copy of Ace Combat:AA. I report it broken and expect just a return and exchange.

fucking cunts.[/QUOTE]
Did you pay with a credit card? If so, call Visa (or whoever) and tell them your situation. They will most likely fix your problem. Paying with a credit card protects the buyer from getting screwed.

[quote name='Taren Fox']Did you pay with a credit card? If so, call Visa (or whoever) and tell them your situation. They will most likely fix your problem. Paying with a credit card protects the buyer from getting screwed.[/QUOTE]

Gamefly will refund him, he's upset that he can't exchange the damaged one for a new one.

His options are: return for full refund, and either buy it at the higher price, wait for another sale, or take his $ elsewhere, or keep it.

Yes that part about Gamefly sucks, but at least you get your $ back easily. Luckily the one time I had to return a game, it went on sale again within days and I was able to re-buy at the sale price.

[quote name='Shinoto']Well this is stupid as shit. I get a defective copy of Ace Combat:AA. I report it broken and expect just a return and exchange.

fucking cunts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that has happened to me before and it sucks. GF's customer service really sucks. And yet I keep checking these pages. :p

Are there actually going to be any deals in this thread any time soon? I keep checking back because it's always a dang hog call each night as to whether the new deals get posted or the old deals stay in the topic for three days after the fact.

But what does it keep getting bumped for? 42 pages later, what else is there to talk about but CHIPPED DISKS AGAIN. STILL. 42 PAGES OF NOTHING BUT CHIPPED DISCS

[quote name='RollingSkull']Are there actually going to be any deals in this thread any time soon? I keep checking back because it's always a dang hog call each night as to whether the new deals get posted or the old deals stay in the topic for three days after the fact.

But what does it keep getting bumped for? 42 pages later, what else is there to talk about but CHIPPED DISKS AGAIN. STILL. 42 PAGES OF NOTHING BUT CHIPPED DISCS[/QUOTE]

So true. I think I liked it better when people didn't know or didn't care about the chips... every time these damned chips are mentioned there is a flood of newcomers who are worried/inquisitive about the chips that everyone is talking about, regulars who want to update us on the condition of games they received, and stoners who were looking for cool ranch dorito chips but accidentally stumbled on this page. Like a sucker I keep going to the thread to see if there's a deal but it's always just people going on about "Chipgate" (trademark pending)

and i liked it better when u didn't post. bump, just to annoy u.
if u are really sooooooooo adamant about getting in on gamefly deals,
go to www.gamefly.com- store- and press F5 all night.

this is a forum that involves community discussion, not a deal/coupon hand me out site like slick deals. fucking nerve.

[quote name='iamsmart']So true. I think I liked it better when people didn't know or didn't care about the chips... \\regulars who want to update us on the condition of games they received,
(trademark pending)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iamsmart']So true. I think I liked it better when people didn't know or didn't care about the chips... every time these damned chips are mentioned there is a flood of newcomers who are worried/inquisitive about the chips that everyone is talking about, regulars who want to update us on the condition of games they received, and stoners who were looking for cool ranch dorito chips but accidentally stumbled on this page. Like a sucker I keep going to the thread to see if there's a deal but it's always just people going on about "Chipgate" (trademark pending)[/QUOTE]
Yes, it was so much better when no one knew they were likely going to get beat up discs. :roll:

[quote name='RollingSkull']Are there actually going to be any deals in this thread any time soon? I keep checking back because it's always a dang hog call each night as to whether the new deals get posted or the old deals stay in the topic for three days after the fact.

But what does it keep getting bumped for? 42 pages later, what else is there to talk about but CHIPPED DISKS AGAIN. STILL. 42 PAGES OF NOTHING BUT CHIPPED DISCS[/QUOTE]
i'll send you a pm when the next sale starts so you don't have to worry about this thread hurting you anymore

and i liked it better when u didn't post. bump, just to annoy u.
This might have an impact on our budding friendship.

this is a forum that involves community discussion, not a deal/coupon hand me out site like slick deals.
My bad, I should've realized when the poster above called gamefly "fucking cunts" that this was a high-brow community discussion thread.

Yes, it was so much better when no one knew they were likely going to get beat up discs.
That's kind of the point. Most people didn't even know. They checked for scratches, put it in their system and when it played fine they didn't give it a second thought, but now it's like people can't sleep properly without knowing if their game is going to have chips, even if it works just fine. Yeah, collector types won't like the chips, but don't nearly all of them pretty much know by now to stay away from gamefly? Do we still need constant status updates on game conditions or chunlirocks popping in to say "chipped discs ftl" to keep them aware?

i've received both chipped and nonchipped discs from gamefly- it usually depends on the popularity of the title. imo its better that the thread be bumped w/ discussion and stay on the first page then go silent, get buried and then someone has to go looking for it in previous pages just to post the next wave of deals considering cheapy doesn't always get to it. the info about discs and who has received what might be irrelevant to you but its helpful to others that purchased the same games or are prospective buyers.
if you can't understand that then you're not living up to your cag tag.

[quote name='iamsmart']This might have an impact on our budding friendship.
[/QUOTE]

Just came in to say my copy of Ace Combat (also from Pitt) came in and is mint. All of the purchases from gamefly during their sales over the years and I haven't received any damaged copies.

There's lots of threads on CAG that get consistently bumped without new deals. The XBL thread is almost always on the front page, despite the fact that deals usually only post once a week. Not exactly sure what you're complaining about (as usual)

can someone show me a pic of a chipped game because i honestly have never came upon this problem. starting 2 become some kinda urban legend 4 me lol

[quote name='option.iv']Just came in to say my copy of Ace Combat (also from Pitt) came in and is mint. All of the purchases from gamefly during their sales over the years and I haven't received any damaged copies.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Every single disc I have received from gamefly has chips. I also just got Ace Combat from Pitt. and it too was scratched. :cry: Strange...

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']can someone show me a pic of a chipped game because i honestly have never came upon this problem. starting 2 become some kinda urban legend 4 me lol[/QUOTE]

I've gotten one or two that have mild chipping so I know it happens. But I don't remember people ranting non-stop about chipping two year ago through the beginning of this year when I started buying a ton of games from them.
So it's either blown out of proportion and exaggerated or it just happens a lot more now. I believe it's the latter but I am also inclined to believe that a couple specific people have made it seem like a bigger deal than it is.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']So it's either blown out of proportion and exaggerated or it just happens a lot more now. I believe it's the latter but I am also inclined to believe that a couple specific people have made it seem like a bigger deal than it is.[/QUOTE]

I'd say you're right on the button. Pretty much all that anyone needs to know is:

1. Gamefly sends out a lot of chipped discs.
2. The chipped discs seem to play fine (and if a disc isn't playing for you, Gamefly will have no problem refunding your money)
3. If you will not accept chipped discs, then Gamefly and this thread is not for you.

Anything beyond this is "people making it a bigger deal than it is".

Transparency is always best. If someone is going to spend money, they should know the likeliness of whether or not product they're buying is going to come damaged. Whether or not the disc plays is besides the point; I have a disc with an pie-shaped section broken off and it still plays.

Chipped discs can cause, 1. A disc to not play correctly, 2. Heavier labor on your disc drive (especially Blu-ray), and 3. Lower resale value on the game.

GameFly discs being chipped is not an "exaggerated" or isolated occurrence. It happens all the time. Does it happen every time? No, some people have great experiences. Others buy 20+ discs and get maybe one or two in good condition. That's a problem, and every potential buyer here deserves to know as such. Saying "kk, we talked about it now stop" doesn't work, because it's an ongoing issue and newcomers to the thread deserve to know the facts. Anyone who doesn't agree with that can complain all they want, but the topic is going to persist whether they like it or not. Or at least until GameFly stops sending damaged products.

If that bothers you, then don't read the thread. It's rather selfish to tell people to stop talking about something because you don't want to have to see it.

all I know is that my $10 USED game better be in mint condition or I'll post some pictures!! (its easier than returning it)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Transparency is always best. If someone is going to spend money, they should know the likeliness of whether or not product they're buying is going to come damaged. Whether or not the disc plays is besides the point; I have a disc with an pie-shaped section broken off and it still plays.

Chipped discs can cause, 1. A disc to not play correctly, 2. Heavier labor on your disc drive (especially Blu-ray), and 3. Lower resale value on the game.

GameFly discs being chipped is not an "exaggerated" or isolated occurrence. It happens all the time. Does it happen every time? No, some people have great experiences. Others buy 20+ discs and get maybe one or two in good condition. That's a problem, and every potential buyer here deserves to know as such. Saying "kk, we talked about it now stop" doesn't work, because it's an ongoing issue and newcomers to the thread deserve to know the facts. Anyone who doesn't agree with that can complain all they want, but the topic is going to persist whether they like it or not. Or at least until GameFly stops sending damaged products.

If that bothers you, then don't read the thread. It's rather selfish to tell people to stop talking about something because you don't want to have to see it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Every time I order a new game from them I usually mention on here whether or not it has chips. I do get frustrated with the overreactions like "Gamefly is the devil, they sent me a chipped disc" or "you're PS3/360 is gonna blow up the second you put in that chipped disc" or ChunLi, whom I should probably just ignore as he's an obvious troll.

every time I see this thread bumped I get excited about possible new deals. If there are no new leads on any new deals how about we talk about chipped discs to customer service and only customer service.

I get that someone should know that they are buying damaged goods, but these are used games from a rental service. It should be a given that there might be minor scratches on a disc. And I would certainly call scratches 'damage.'

I don't really have a problem with people talking about the chips though. It's the "ZOMG GameFly is the worst! All their games are chipped!" reactions that people have that irritate me.
You're buying a used game. If you don't want chips or pitting on your disc, that's okay. Send it back. But if you are expecting a flawless perfect disc, go buy it new.

I wonder what some of the people who are very vocal about it would say after buying some used games from GameStop...

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I get that someone should know that they are buying damaged goods, but these are used games from a rental service. It should be a given that there might be minor scratches on a disc. And I would certainly call scratches 'damage.'

I don't really have a problem with people talking about the chips though. It's the "ZOMG GameFly is the worst! All their games are chipped!" reactions that people have that irritate me.
You're buying a used game. If you don't want chips or pitting on your disc, that's okay. Send it back. But if you are expecting a flawless perfect disc, go buy it new.

I wonder what some of the people who are very vocal about it would say after buying some used games from GameStop...[/QUOTE]
Well, scratches and used games kind of go hand in hand. Chips, though, are a different story. Honestly, I've never heard of another game seller sending out chipped discs. Ever. That's where the issue lies.

As for people saying GameFly is worst and all, I really haven't seen that. Not in a long time at least. More of the complaining is people screaming in all caps to stop talking about the chips. Complaining about complaining?

How long does it normally take for Gamefly's case/manual/online pass to arrive once it's been shipped? It says my BF3 stuff shipped on Saturday, but I still haven't gotten it. The game itself came Monday and it shipped the same day. If it makes any difference, I used the "keep" option and I'm in SE Michigan.

[quote name='fueledbytrueman']How long does it normally take for Gamefly's case/manual/online pass to arrive once it's been shipped? It says my BF3 stuff shipped on Saturday, but I still haven't gotten it. The game itself came Monday and it shipped the same day. If it makes any difference, I used the "keep" option and I'm in SE Michigan.[/QUOTE]

Took about a week or so for my standalone BF3 case to arrive while the discs got here much earlier.

Luckily, I had used a BF3 online pass on my account previously so I wasn't in need of the code to get here.

[quote name='iamsmart']So true. I think I liked it better when people didn't know or didn't care about the chips... every time these damned chips are mentioned there is a flood of newcomers who are worried/inquisitive about the chips that everyone is talking about, regulars who want to update us on the condition of games they received, and stoners who were looking for cool ranch dorito chips but accidentally stumbled on this page. Like a sucker I keep going to the thread to see if there's a deal but it's always just people going on about "Chipgate" (trademark pending)[/QUOTE]

To be fair, half of the discussion is just one user repeating "Chipped discs FTL" like he thinks it's a convincing argument.

Gamefly CS is fine. GoHastings doesn't do 1-to-1 exchanges either. Most used games vendors don't.

[quote name='ral1121']Took about a week or so for my standalone BF3 case to arrive while the discs got here much earlier.

Luckily, I had used a BF3 online pass on my account previously so I wasn't in need of the code to get here.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks for the info. Should be here soon then. Did it come USPS or UPS?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Transparency is always best. If someone is going to spend money, they should know the likeliness of whether or not product they're buying is going to come damaged. Whether or not the disc plays is besides the point; I have a disc with an pie-shaped section broken off and it still plays.

If that bothers you, then don't read the thread. It's rather selfish to tell people to stop talking about something because you don't want to have to see it.[/QUOTE]
Do not even bother these people have no common sense. The ones praising the chipped stuff. I hope there drives go fast so MS gets more money selling more consoles... The internet seems to lack common sense these days.... :booty::drool::cry::bouncy::roll::booty:

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Do not even bother these people have no common sense. The ones praising the chipped stuff. I hope there drives go fast so MS gets more money selling more consoles... The internet seems to lack common sense these days.... :booty::drool::cry::bouncy::roll::booty:[/QUOTE]

You're point is only strengthened by your 6 unnecessary emoticons.

bread's done
Back