CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna get dragon age 2. Cheers cheapy
winning

What type of DRM is used on the Dragon Age bundle? Steam, Origin or something else?

[quote name='Kyroxia']What type of DRM is used on the Dragon Age bundle? Steam, Origin or something else?[/QUOTE]

While I do NOT know what GameFly's versions of those use...
....MOST recent EA games on 3rd party services (except Steam) optionally do normally activate-up Origin and/or flat-out require Origin.

EDIT:
To add to this, it's kinda hit and miss w/ EA Games.

MOST EA games released AFTER BF3 require Origin.
MANY EA games released BEFORE BF3 are optional to activate on Origin.

If you buy Steam-versions of EA games directly through Steam, some of these can also optionally activate up on Origin.
Burnout: Paradise and DAO: Ultimate are two I can think of that work of like this.
MOH: Airbourne from Steam DOES NOT activate up on Origin.
Speaking from experience here.

[quote name='MysterD']While I do NOT know what GameFly's versions of those use...
....MOST recent EA games on 3rd party services (except Steam) optionally do normally activate-up Origin and/or flat-out require Origin.

EDIT:
To add to this, it's kinda hit and miss w/ EA Games.

MOST EA games released AFTER BF3 require Origin.
MANY EA games released BEFORE BF3 are optional to activate on Origin.

If you buy Steam-versions of EA games directly through Steam, some of these can also optionally activate up on Origin.
Burnout: Paradise and DAO: Ultimate are two I can think of that work of like this.
MOH: Airbourne from Steam DOES NOT activate up on Origin.
Speaking from experience here.[/QUOTE]

Well I knew that much. :p

Though I was asking if GameFly gives a Steam key or just an Origin redeemable download/key, since I believe they came out before EA put their titles on complete Origin lock down. It seems possible, even if less likely they could give a Steam version. Some people have already purchased the bundle so I figured someone could tell me.

I guess it was a little unclear, my apologies.

EDIT: Looked into it a bit myself, I guess GameFly has their own client for the games, but they should be redeemable on Origin as well. For $8 I suppose I'll get it and find out.

Also, I guess Dragon Age 2 didn't completely miss the EA lock down, even thought it was before BF3 it's not available on Steam period.

First, Does anyone know if the Crysis bundle activates on Steam?
Secondly, Does the coupon work on the Crysis bundle?

Everyone seems to be doing it for the Dragon Age one :)

Thanks!

I tried using the coupon for the Crysis Collection, but it gives an error message. It will work on Crysis individually though, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

[quote name='Veritas9']First, Does anyone know if the Crysis bundle activates on Steam?
Secondly, Does the coupon work on the Crysis bundle?

Everyone seems to be doing it for the Dragon Age one :)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

EA games from 3rd-party places (other than Steam) NEVER-EVER activate up on Steam.
They been trying to push on 3rd party distributors their ORIGIN client-program onto PC users.

If you want an EA game on Steam, you'd have to directly buy it through Steam.

[quote name='MysterD']EA games from 3rd-party places (other than Steam) NEVER-EVER activate up on Steam.
They been trying to push on 3rd party distributors their ORIGIN client-program onto PC users.

If you want an EA game on Steam, you'd have to directly buy it through Steam.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I am still debating on picking it up.

[quote name='mokmoof']Another DRM question: Is Street Fighter X Tekken a GFWL affair? Or is it Steam? Or both, or neither?[/QUOTE]

SF x T uses GFWL. I don't think it is a steamworks title. Capcom games up to this point have not been.

wow that dragon age bundle is a great deal played both games on xbox but it would be nice to have them for pc....then again i am into Skyrim at the moment... :whistle2:k

Oh yea I can finally pickup Crysis 2 for a cheap price. I played the Crysis 3 Beta and it was awesome! Luckily I got Crysis 1 and Warhead for free during last years Origin fiasco lol.

After owning Crysis for like 5 years, I finally put it in and started playing it. Played like an hour and bought Crysis 2. Thanks for the deal.

Dang, meant to buy the Dragon Age bundle but ended up accidentally getting just the Origins ultimate edition. Oh well, I heard the second one wasn't very good anyway.

[quote name='loomis1975']Yeah, switched with DMC, RE6 for PC is steamworks/download only I think, at least in north america.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that Capcom was using Steamworks now.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm interested in Crisis Collection, but only if it registers on Origin. Can anyone confirm that it does register?[/QUOTE]

I have Crysis 1 and Crysis: Warhead from Retail; Crysis 2 from Amazon DVG.

Keep in mind - I don't have Crysis games from GameFly.
Have no clue how GameFly's copy would work.

Crysis 2 should activate on Origin no problem; it's a modern EA game and most of those activate via Origin client-program directly.

Crysis 1 and Warhead are the problem for Origin activation.
They never worked for my Retail copy on Origin; or the older EA activation links.
And if I recall, those didn't activate via EA's older EADM activation and EA Origin activation links, either - which can activate some older games.

[quote name='lolwut?']So Street Fighter x Tekken doesn't give you a Steam key if you purchase from Gamefly?[/QUOTE]
I don't think they do. At least, I haven't seen a key that works with Steam after my purchase. Also, a fair bit of warning to anyone considering biting on SFxT: the character DLC discount ($5 instead of $20) is not live on the GFWL Marketplace, only Steam. There are numerous threads on Capcom Unity asking if they'll fix the price within the two week discount window, but there's been no official response.

bread's done
Back