GameFly & FastReturn

BrettFarveRetired

CAGiversary!
I'm interested in joining GF, but I have heard their turnaround times can be pretty bad, especially if you don't live near one of their few shipping centers. But I see on their website something about FastReturn. It involves the barcode getting scanned, though, and I know things don't get always scanned. Like sometimes, when I send a USPS package with delivery confirmation, you'll see it got scanned at a number of places. Then, other times, you just see the notice about shipping information being received. Anyway, if I decide to go with GameFly, can I go into the post office and ask them to scan the game for me?

Brett Favre is a douche... that is all...

To answer your question tho... the games are scanned at the post office, much like netflix does.

To expedite the process you could take it in and drop it off, but I am not sure if they would just scan it right away for you. Usually when I drop a dvd in the big blue mailboxes it clears my queue on netflix that next day. Im assuming gamefly does the same. Hope that helps.

This is Mr Rodgers Neighborhood... time to do work in the conference.

[quote name='Steggy']

To answer your question tho... the games are scanned at the post office, much like netflix does.

To expedite the process you could take it in and drop it off, but I am not sure if they would just scan it right away for you. Usually when I drop a dvd in the big blue mailboxes it clears my queue on netflix that next day. Im assuming gamefly does the same. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

This is what I suspected. I mailed back my first game from them, and the next day I got an email saying my next game has shipped.

also dont forget that not all post offices have the feature. Most do but not all. When I had GF it usally took 2-3 days for them to send me another. Then near the end, sometimes they would send it after one day or so but usally only 1 at a time.

cancelled Gamefly after over a year Monday. Discounts on used games were okay 10% off with $5 coupons that you could stack for $10 off before they expired, but turn time on games was getting to be ridiculous. My que would sit for more than a week without a game shipping. The last straw was when Demon Blade Wii was showing available for six business days and it was not sent. I grew tired of complaining and having my monthly fee (first two games out, then the last five months, 1 game out) adjusted. Fast return is a joke, only worked mayb three times in 14 or so months. I wish GF was more on point like Netflix. Those guys REALLY have their act together. I attribute it to living in SE USA (they need another service center already) and the super short shelf life of games this gen. I mean WET was so six months ago, right? This time last year it was all about the three Fs, fable/farcry/fallout and now they are not even a blip. Feel sorry for the publishers who spend YEARS making good product. Alas, i rant...

I've been a GF member for quite some time. Love the money the service saves me, but I wish the turnarounds were better. I only live one state over, but nonetheless, I still wait a long time usually. And that is because, as the other poster mentioned, FastReturn is a joke. I would say ~25% of my games get scanned.

i had gamefly probally for 5 + years and they been good for me... 2 day turn around when i return the games 40% get fast return.. 50% get to me in 2 days after they ship them... the other 40% in 3 days and maybe 1 in 10 takes 4 days

My GF turn around is sometimes random. Will send a game back on say monday. (I live in Ohio closest warehouse is PA one state away..) It won't show they got it till thursday sometimes friday. Takes them all day to get the next one out to me. That will ship and won't get to me till the middle of the next week. I had cancelled my service but rejoined when I got the email to do so with the 2 games out deal for 13.95 or something to that point. I won't be renewing after that's done though. I'd rather go rent games at the local video store at $5 for 7 days then wait for the turn around and not get a game I really want at the time.

For me shipping is fast enough (2-4 days). Most of the time I get an email from gamefly the day after I drop a game in a box. So that has to be fast return.

Maybe try drop the game directly at your po? But I haven't had any issues and I've been a member for years. For me it's about getting a new game every week and not having to spend $60 on every game you want to play, and it kicks any local game rental store in price and selection imo.

You have to look at the big picture. With gamefly I played 20 games in the past few months. For $20/month thats totally worth it. 2 game plan you can keep a game while your waiting for the next one, if you really are impatient.

The longer you are with them, the longer they take to send you games. When I first signed up I would get an email confirmation within 2 days that they received my game. This makes sense because I am in east PA and their closest center is in Pittsburgh. By the time I finally canceled it would take atleast 5 days for them to "get" the game back, and even then it would only be when I complained to them twice about it not being received it. As soon as I complained they would magically get the game within minutes. I cannot wait for RedBox to get in on the game business.

I'm not sure if it's just my post office, but the fast return seems to work more if I actually go inside and hand them the game. Not put it in the blue mailbox outside the post office. I'm not sure why this is, but it seems to work. So I just go inside and the next day Gamefly sends me the next game.

[quote name='RoadDogg']The longer you are with them, the longer they take to send you games...[/QUOTE]

Not for me. I've been with them 3 years and speed has improved, it normally takes gamefly 1-2 days to my return and they send out one that day or the next.

As a note I sent in my last 2 games LAST friday. They just arrived today.... That's the longest it's ever taken. Anyway, I got the email this morning that they received them. But still haven't gotten any notice they sent the next 2. Which I have 30 or so games on my list. (5 of which aren't out yet so that still leaves 25.) Some of which even state available now....

My renewal is coming up in the next week. I don't plan on renewing... Wish there was another reputeable company out there.

I definitely think that GF throttles your account if you're constantly returning games quickly. For awhile, I was beating games quite quickly and/or just not feeling something I received and dropping them right back into the mail very quickly. It would take like a week for them to receive the games. I know it doesn't take a week for a piece of mail to go from New Jersey to Pennsylvania. Lately, though, I have gotten some games I was really into, so I kept them for a week or more. So, whenever I return something now, they suddenly are getting them in a few days.

when I buy a game the game case and manual take five days to get to me.

when I return a game its 3 days to recieve a game three days.

Im near fresno so I have the los angeles shipping center near me.

bread's done
Back