Gamefly G-Box

Puffoluffagus

CAGiversary!
Anyone else give this a try yet? It seems pretty awesome. I found it at my campus bookstore (which is a Barnes and Noble).

There's a limited selection, but tends to have the most popular games. Game Rental fees vary from game to game. Any day your book store is closed you get that day as a free rental fee.

If you decide to try this out, check out your store's front counter. Mine had a free one-day rental promo code for it, which I can assume be used multiple times as long as you use different credit cards.

Eh, apparently this is very new. Only at 3 locations (Texas Tech, LSU, and FIU), so I doubt too many people here have tried it.

Seems pretty interesting. I tell you what...if this expands, and they find a way to implement it into their online service, I'm there. I would gladly, gladly pay a few extra dollars a month or a small transaction fee in order to drop my game off at one of these and get a popular title back.

I just saw that they threw one in my campus (UNLV - University of Nevada Las Vegas).

I might try it out. I have no idea what the costs are yet.

I just got an e-mail that they are opening up G-Boxes up in 7-11s around the LA area, and you don't need an account to do it. Without the account, it's $2 a day, and there's a 1 day free rental code. I don't have an account but somehow got on the mailing list, but I'll still try it out, although I think $2 a day is a bit much.

bread's done
Back