gamefly/gamesdrive/blockbuster

BlaseDeviant

CAGiversary!
Which is best?

I heard gamefly sucks because they steal your games/'lose' too many. Blockbuster's site looks like they only do DVDs, but someone on here said something about video games too? Is that just in-store?

I've only had experience with Gamefly and it might be different, depending on where you live. I live about 2 cities from Gamefly's distribution center, so things come to me fairly quickly. For example, if I mail a game back Monday morning, I'll get the next game Wednesday in the mail. I've been with them for about three months now and haven't gotten a disc too damaged to play.

Overall, I'm happy with them. They have a pretty good selection and they seem to be on top of the new games because they're usually available the day it's released to retail stores. Heck, they even got reprints of Disgaea! The only thing I don't recommend is sending something in on Saturday because it's as if you sent it on Monday because it takes just as long.

I can only speak about GameFly, I'm not too happy with them. Games recently have taken over two weeks to get to me. I reported a game as lost just to get it a day later. The Fast Return feature does little to help, at least in my experience. Not only that, the post office doesn't always scan the game, so GF doesn't even know it's on the way. I've had several games lost either coming or going. Too many to be random. I think the masses know whats in the bright orange envelope and take them when they can.

love Gamefly very easy company to work with 3-4 day each way (now if i was paying i probally wouldnt stay but im on a free account till Feb 2006)

gamesdrive: never used

Blockbuster: stay the hell away from blockbuster , they are the worse company that will make up lies about your account and ban you for no reason.

[quote name='slidecage']love Gamefly very easy company to work with 3-4 day each way (now if i was paying i probally wouldnt stay but im on a free account till Feb 2006)

gamesdrive: never used

Blockbuster: stay the hell away from blockbuster , they are the worse company that will make up lies about your account and ban you for no reason.[/QUOTE]

you know i'm beginning to agree with you on blockbuster and may switch to netflix as the distribution center is in Vegas and I live roughly 600 miles away from there and it takes 2 days to get there but 4-5 days to get to me.. theres somethign wrong with that. i get mail from NC faster then i do from blockbuster.. so i think after i get all the games i want to "keep" and BB using the free rentals i'm going to cancel.

I've tried gamelender and am currently a member, they are very good. Good turn around rate, great selection, great customer email replying. To me they are over all very good! Here's a web linker to a web site which reviews different internet game services. http://video-game-rental-review.toptenreviews.com/ To answer your other question about blockbuster, yes they do indeed rent games over the internet, not only that but you get a voucher for two inhouse rentals per month, hope this info helps!

[quote name='wolfchild']I've tried gamelender and am currently a member, they are very good. Good turn around rate, great selection, great customer email replying. To me they are over all very good! Here's a web linker to a web site which reviews different internet game services. http://video-game-rental-review.toptenreviews.com/ To answer your other question about blockbuster, yes they do indeed rent games over the internet, not only that but you get a voucher for two inhouse rentals per month, hope this info helps![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got my info from that site and the other thread.

Thanks anyway though. :)

Might go with Gamesdrive... since they're on East Coast..

You know, Netflix really needs to add Games to their site, Netflix provides just such an amazing service! Imagine paying 29.99 a month for 3 movie rentals and 3 game rentals at a time, or something like that, some kinda nifty bundle you kids are so fond of these days. ;)

I've been with Blockbuster Online since about Christmas, and they have improved greatly in that time. DVDs only through the rental service, but you get two coupons a month for in-store rentals, useful on anything. Since they now have 'no late fees' you could rent a game the 1st, keep it till the 13th, return it, rent it again for most of the rest of the month. And the coupons are usable at any BBV store, unlike the silly gamepass which is only good at a single store.
I liked Netflix, and was with them for 4 years, no real complaints. BBO came in with a better price, and the in-store rentals. If they raise the price [which they have but it doesn't affect me yet], I'll reconsider Netflix.
I would definitely try a service closer to your coast--cross country shipping times can make a big difference, especially if the company isn't that speedy to begin with.

bread's done
Back