GameFly July 2014 Used Game Sale (7/15 to 7/21) Forza 5 $19.99 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Sale goes live 7/15 at 10AM PST -  Ends 7/21

Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $9.99
Battlefield 4 $9.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $12.99
Dark Souls $12.99
Thief $12.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $14.99
transparent.gif
Hitman: Absolution $7.99
Armored Core: Verdict Day $8.99
Lost Planet 3 $8.99
Sleeping Dogs $8.99
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct $8.99
Young Justice: Legacy $8.99
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon... $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $9.99
BioShock Infinite $9.99
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance $9.99
Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles $9.99
Saints Row: The Third $9.99
The Walking Dead $9.99
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z $9.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $12.99
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII $14.99
Need for Speed Rivals $14.99
Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's... $14.99
Fable Anniversary $17.99

PlayStation 3
Batman: Arkham Origins $9.99
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII $14.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z $19.99
Resistance 2 $6.99
Defiance $7.99
Remember Me $8.99
Young Justice: Legacy $8.99
Battlefield 4 $9.99
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures $9.99
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z $9.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time $12.99
Thief $12.99
Beyond: Two Souls $14.99
Dynasty Warriors 8 $14.99
Earth Defense Force 2025 $14.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 $19.99

Xbox One
Fighter Within $12.99
Madden NFL 25 $14.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $17.99
Need for Speed Rivals $17.99
Forza Motorsport 5 $19.99

3DS
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures $9.99
LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins $17.99
Mario Party: Island Tour $17.99
Sonic Lost World $17.99
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team $19.99

PS Vita
Tearaway $14.99
Killzone: Mercenary $17.99
Muramasa Rebirth $17.99
Valhalla Knights 3 $17.99
Ys: Memories of Celceta $19.99

Wii
Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids $4.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $8.99
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad $8.99
Despicable Me $12.99
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon $12.99

Ordered Yaiba and Lightning Returns, both for the 360 this morning.  First time ordering through Gamefy.  I checked my order status and it says: "Your order is currently being reviewed.  Our support Team will be contacting you directly to verify your purchase"  Has anybody encountered this before, and should I be worried about my order being canceled???

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered Yaiba and Lightning Returns, both for the 360 this morning. First time ordering through Gamefy. I checked my order status and it says: "Your order is currently being reviewed. Our support Team will be contacting you directly to verify your purchase" Has anybody encountered this before, and should I be worried about my order being canceled???
FWIW, I didn't get a message like that and mine was cancelled.

Damn, how did I not see Ys for Vita when this was posted? :(
Don't feel bad. It hasn't been available the whole time since the sale started. I think someone said they saw it for less than a minute. I have a whole monitor dedicated to refreshing the page every 10 seconds while I'm at work and haven't seen it become available yet.

Would the lightning returns come with anything special such as steelbook case or dlc? I know there were some prints that came with a steelbook case at least.
Probably not, just probably gonna be the case and maybe some pre order DLC that came inside the case.

Anyway, my Xbox One rivals and 360 FF13 LR has shipped, so hopefully I'm in the clear and no error shows up.

Wow, so get this. I order Lightning Returns for PS3, but Gamefly has my order for the 360 version, I call to see if I can get the version changed but apparently the person on the phone doesn't know how Gamefly sales work and was saying the different console versions are different prices and she couldn't change it, I tried to explain the way the sale works to her but it was a no go, so now I gotta wait in line all damn day to see if it comes back in stock, what a s*itshow this has been. -_-

Wow, so get this. I order Lightning Returns for PS3, but Gamefly has my order for the 360 version, I call to see if I can get the version changed but apparently the person on the phone doesn't know how Gamefly sales work and was saying the different console versions are different prices and she couldn't change it, I tried to explain the way the sale works to her but it was a no go, so now I gotta wait in line all damn day to see if it comes back in stock, what a s*itshow this has been. -_-
Good luck i'm waiting for that to reach a new copy price $15 or cheaper hopefully about 10. I still need to go through some of the other FFXIII games myself.

You can thank CAG for that one - making every single sale known to 1000s of people who otherwise wouldn't have bought 30 copies of everything just to flip them

Good luck i'm waiting for that to reach a new copy price $15 or cheaper hopefully about 10. I still need to go through some of the other FFXIII games myself.
At the rate it's going you'll get your wish no sooner than black friday, I don't know why LR is still at such a high price(49 bucks).

Wow they add a sale for titanfall for XBOX ONE but not for 360...I would so bite at $27.99 and I have noticed the 360 versions is usually more expensive than it's ONE counterpart. Ugh...

Would the lightning returns come with anything special such as steelbook case or dlc? I know there were some prints that came with a steelbook case at least.
The steelbook was a Target only exclusive (or Future Shop in Canada). The DLC I think was a pre-order only: Gamestop prints on receipt, Amazon emails, and the code slip inside steelbook for Target.

Lightning Returns and NFS rivals finally arrived. Just beautiful condition, can barely tell its used. Buying all used games from GF now.

Me1C0E6.jpg

OuiJTr5.jpg

Oh man, this has been the worst GF ordering experience and I only have myself to blame. lol So yesterday morning I ordered Lightning Returns for PS3 but unfortunately for me the credit card on my account has long expire(I have not ordered anything from GF for about a year now). So I get an order cancelled email and I am like s*it, so I update my info but by the time I am done it's out of stock, so I decide to wait until today to see if it will come back in stock and so far it has not, almost everything has but LR PS3(of course). So being afraid of completely missing out I ordered LR for X360 about 30 minutes ago, after doing so I went to my order history and noticed that I had something called an exception in the list, I didn't know what that was so I clicked and read that my PS3 version hasn't been cancelled yet, I have 48(now less than 24)hours to update my card info.

So I go to update my info by clicking the link(note I already updated my info previous to reading the exception), so I enter my current info and submit, but wait, I cannot update my info because that info is already on record...wut? Of course it's on record now update it. So I cannot update my info and gamefly phone support is closed on weekends. So I sent an email to support explaining everything and now I am waiting for a reply, I hope things can be straightened out and I can get the previously ordered PS3 version but if not I told them to not cancel the 360 version. 

-_-

Lightning Returns and NFS rivals finally arrived. Just beautiful condition, can barely tell its used. Buying all used games from GF now.
They always look like that. Now, what do the discs look like? Look carefully.
Yeah, the cases and inserts will usually be pristeen because they don't send them out to members. It's the condition of the discs that can vary greatly, particularly with scratches and/or chips along the edges.

Lightning Returns is back in stock for the 360. Get it if you want it.

No, that's not what I was referring to. Do your discs have any chips? If you don't know what they are, they're really easy to miss. They're the size of a drop of water. I'm going to wait until some Gamefly veterans chime in.

Edit: I forgot that I received my Fragile Dreams for Wii yesterday so I just checked the condition of the disc now. In addition to the usual chips and scratches, it has a chip on the inner ring. fuck! The disc will likely shatter years from now. Don't know if I should return it and hope it comes back in stock while the sale is still on.

Maybe some of you lads and lasses have poor distribution centers, but I am compelled to weigh in with a glowing endorsement of Gamefly's used sale games. I've been buying from them for something like six years now, and have never once received a chipped or scratched disc. Every one looked like they'd received it from the last renter, buffed it fresh, and shipped it to me.

Once I received a 360 game with a crushed edge on the case, but that clearly happened in the process of shipping.

Otherwise they're batting .1000 for me.

Just got an Xbox One, hopefully Ryse will go under 20 at some point soon. Would pick up Madden for $15, but I'll just wait for the new one and put that money towards it at this point.
If you rent Ryse, you can keep it for $20 or less, depending on your Gamefly tenure.

Maybe some of you lads and lasses have poor distribution centers, but I am compelled to weigh in with a glowing endorsement of Gamefly's used sale games. I've been buying from them for something like six years now, and have never once received a chipped or scratched disc. Every one looked like they'd received it from the last renter, buffed it fresh, and shipped it to me.

Once I received a 360 game with a crushed edge on the case, but that clearly happened in the process of shipping.

1up. I've never had an issue purchasing from them. And I can cosign that they're very good about the product. Right down to the flawless cover they send you if you keep a game, along with all the case literature in tact & never used.

Also, for those complaining about the lack of PS4 deals... I've seen a lot of that, where Xbox One games are being found either on sale a lot or heavily discounted. Just take a look on Amazon for example; you'll find just about every game is cheaper on the XB1. Some by a large margin too.

Although, I just did a quick Gamefly search and there are some games on PS4 discounted. Thief is like $17 & Knack as well. Killzone is like $25, Marvel is $25. And some you can rent to keep for about the same. I think Infamous: SS was a little over $30. Battlefield is like $25. Few others.

My 360 LR was Chip City. :\ It fully installed, so I'm not going to worry about it, but eh.

Yeah, the cases and inserts will usually be pristeen because they don't send them out to members. It's the condition of the discs that can vary greatly, particularly with scratches and/or chips along the edges.

I love how this sale supposedly runs through the 21st, yet there is nothing available to buy days before it ends. 

No, that's not what I was referring to. Do your discs have any chips? If you don't know what they are, they're really easy to miss. They're the size of a drop of water. I'm going to wait until some Gamefly veterans chime in.

Edit: I forgot that I received my Fragile Dreams for Wii yesterday so I just checked the condition of the disc now. In addition to the usual chips and scratches, it has a chip on the inner ring. fuck! The disc will likely shatter years from now. Don't know if I should return it and hope it comes back in stock while the sale is still on.
Most of the images of chipped GF discs come from this site. https://www.google.com/search?q=gamefly+chipped+discs&safe=off&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=UGHLU4XjDqjF8AGIk4Ag&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1050&bih=908

i usually buy from Gamefly when they have a sale going (to use up the gift certs) and it's always a hit or miss for me. Never got any chips on the disc but they do have their fair share of scratches. Games always work with no problems so I don't bother to return it. However when I do get my game rental they are always flawless... which makes me wonder if the distribution center in LA picks the not so great ones to send out  :whistle2:k

So what's going on with Gamefly these days? I order Battlefield 4 and everything is fine, order shipped already but I order Lightning Returns for X360 and my order has this message "Your order is currently being reviewed. Our Support Team will be contacting you directly to verify your purchase" What's up with this?

You know, I have had nothing but problems with this transaction from gamefly, I didn't have these problems a year ago, I dunno if anything has changed but this has been an eye opening experience, my one mistake has shown me that on the surface Gamefly is great, if all your ducks are in a row and ready to go it;s great, but if you mess up anything then you will see just how terrible Gamefly can be. 

This will be my last post on this subject but this is just so ridiculous to me, I will post my support email and reply.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I made an order for Lightning Returns for PS3 but I mistakenly used a expired CC, which took my order into exception mode(which I didn't know at the time, I thought it was straight cancelled), so me thinking the order was completely cancelled I updated my credit card but you were out of stock of the game at the sale price, so I waited until the next day and still no stock, so I then ordered Lightning Returns for Xbox 360 fearing the PS3 version wouldn't come in. Fast forward to 10 minutes ago where I took a look at the exception order and it says the order WILL BE cancelled if CC info isn't updated in 48 hours and that is why I am here writing.

I need to know that if I you cancelled my Xbox 360 order, updated my exception order credit card info, would they then ship that version of the game at the price I ordered it? If that is the case then could you do that? Cancel the 360 version and update my credit info with my current primary info(I tried but it wouldn't let me) so you can ship me that version of the game instead? If that cannot be done then do not cancel the 360 version order please."

Reply:
Thank you for contacting GameFly. Please see your purchase history here https://www.gamefly.com/activity/purchasehistory/storepurchases/

You may update the payment method for a specific order by using the link provided. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. 

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. 

Sincerely,

Kirk D.
The GameFly Team
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I told support that it wouldn't let me change my info because the way the site is set up and what does he do? He sends me to the page to change my info, the very page I used to change my info but it wouldn't allow me to, -_- 

Man, I just want this transaction to be over. BTW I replied to the email telling him that I cannot update the info and that when I do I get this message and it doesn't update: "There is already an account using this credit card. It is our policy to only allow one account per credit card". Yeah, that is my primary card, which I am trying to change my info for this order to from the expired CC info.

-_- lol

What do I do if I forgot to include the apartment number in the shipping address?!? Do i call the support?!? I'm really worried!

My 360 LR was Chip City. It fully installed, so I'm not going to worry about it, but eh.
Shiet, that's the one I'm waiting for. I wouldn't assume you're out of the woods just yet. When I bought Need for Speed: Most Wanted, I got about 10 hours into the game until I got to a course that just wouldn't load at all and couldn't finish the game. I also bought Tekken 6 a while back and that game has like 30 characters. The game seemed to be fine initially but when I tried to unlock the endings for some characters, it would just freeze my Xbox.

I'm kind of annoyed that Gamefly just swept the problem under the rug and won't have to do anything now because all the current systems except Wii U use blu-ray. It wasn't a coincidence that the PS3 versions of the sale games always sold out first.

Yeah I didn't pay close attention to my Far Cry 3 and its got a crack going from the center of the disc. Game is installed by sometimes it takes a couple tries for it to run. Sucks lol.

As a baseball fan, I can't let this go. If you're batting .1000, it's .100, which is 10%. You mean batting 1.000.

But glad to see GameFly's worked out for you and others so well, I'm just waiting for them to stock something I want at a price I want, because I missed out on Forza.

As a baseball fan, I can't let this go. If you're batting .1000, it's .100, which is 10%. You mean batting 1.000.
Serves me right for using baseball lingo when I don't follow the game. Let's try "they're 16-0 and have home field advantage through the playoffs" instead.

Do used vita games work no issue from these guys for the most part?
I wanted to comment on this since KZ:M was my first Vita purchase from GF. Case was very good condition, as are most of GF cases. The cart had 2 weird bumps, about the size of a pen tip, poking out from underneath the sticker with the title, etc. The copper contacts on the back of the cart also had scratches on every single one, from the very bottom to about halfway up, like maybe someone dropped the Vita with the game in it, or maybe forced it in backwards. I am not familiar with the different 'usual' types of wear/damage on Vita carts, as I only own a couple disc games (all new, or from trusted CAG's, so I never looked at the back of the carts like I did this one), but the game plays fine.

I also got LR: FFXIII ps3, which was in great shape all around. Was there any DLC that came with this game when buying new? Lastly, I got Batman Arkham Origins 360 for a friend. I've had to return 1 game to GF, & it was a 360 game, so I try not to order 360 games unless I just have to have on 360 (my friend only has 360). I told him to expect bad, but the games 2 discs just had TONS of rings from someone trying to clean it. I don't like discs in that condition, but as long as it plays, it is fine with my friend. They are all light scratches. The case was mint, and had the DLC for black mask (?). Either way, good prices, & I know what to expect when I buy games that were previous rentals. As others said, the return process is easy. They refunded my money before they gave me a free return shipping label. That makes a difference to me, & I have respect for GF for that alone.

I told support that it wouldn't let me change my info because the way the site is set up and what does he do? He sends me to the page to change my info, the very page I used to change my info but it wouldn't allow me to, -_-
Man, I just want this transaction to be over. BTW I replied to the email telling him that I cannot update the info and that when I do I get this message and it doesn't update: "There is already an account using this credit card. It is our policy to only allow one account per credit card". Yeah, that is my primary card, which I am trying to change my info for this order to from the expired CC info.

-_- lol
Have you tried changing it back, or to a different credit card the way you changed it initially, then go to the order & put in what you have entered now (card you want to charge it to)? You should then be able to change it for future orders the way you did the first time, after you get this order to ship properly.

Have you tried changing it back, or to a different credit card the way you changed it initially, then go to the order & put in what you have entered now (card you want to charge it to)? You should then be able to change it for future orders the way you did the first time, after you get this order to ship properly.
Yep. When I tried to change it back to the previous expired card it of course said the card was invalid as they do the one dollar test charge to the card. I also tried my alternate card and it was fine but then it said something about the address is already used, basically what the credit card said at the very beginning, anywho, it's already too late as the order was cancelled at 8am. I feel that Gamefly needs to make their website a bit more user friendly as of right now it seems like in order to do anything you have to call or email support and with time sensetive things emailing support(as you can see)is a big waste of time and the phone lines not being open on weekends, well you're screwed. Like I said though, just have all your ducks in a row always and you will probably not have any problems, otherwise you're in trouble, especially if you make a mistake on a friday. lol

I think that is the first time anyone has posted their experience ordering a cartridge game in the history of Gamefly threads here. Before now, it would never have occurred to me to check the copper contacts since cartridges are usually pretty durable but that is just one more thing to be wary of with Gamefly. Granted, Vita owners probably count for a negligible amount of their business and it's not as bad as chipped disks.

Yep. When I tried to change it back to the previous expired card it of course said the card was invalid as they do the one dollar test charge to the card. I also tried my alternate card and it was fine but then it said something about the address is already used, basically what the credit card said at the very beginning, anywho, it's already too late as the order was cancelled at 8am.....lol
I know it's not of much help to you now, but I had a similar experience where my CC expired and new one was in the mail. The customer service and links are a waste of time- the only solution (if you can call it that) was I added the new card to account, deleted old CC, and replaced my entire order while the sale was still up. Sorry to hear about your situation and hope you get it resolved for future deals.

Yaiba: ninja gaiden for ps3 back up- got an order in before sale ends today woo!

Got Forza today in absolutely pristine condition. Haven't gotten a game in this good of condition from Gamefly in awhile.
Yeah, it's a blu-ray. Like I said earlier. chipped discs are going to be a thing of the past.

More good news: I got my Lightning Returns: FFXIII for Xbox 360 today and the disc is in great condition with just a few chips and barely any scratches. I really lucked out on this one.

bread's done
Back