Gamefly March Storewide Sale

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Just got the email. I don't see a lot of good deals, but it might be helpful for some people.

Beautiful Katamari (360) - $24.99
Timeshift (360) - $24.99
Dirt (360) - $29.99
Resident Evil 4 (Wii) - $24.99
Manhunt 2 (Wii) - $21.99
Harvey Birdman (Wii) - $22.99

I'll update as we go along.

[quote name='mykevermin']I just got Mass Effect for $36 shipped - I think they're selling it for $37.99 before discounts.[/quote]

Indeed. That was about the only one that caught my eye, personally. Have it already, but it still seemed like a decent deal.

man though all games might been on sale but Nope : (

FF rings of fate still 32
wild arms xf still 31

both still way over priced
not a single game under 10 just umd movies

I remember picking up 4 or 5 games for 4.99 around xmas

I usually get pretty excited about these but nothing for me. stranglehold maybe, but I've heard it's so short I'd be better off renting it.

[quote name='mykevermin']I just got Mass Effect for $36 shipped - I think they're selling it for $37.99 before discounts.[/quote]

What are the discounts that can applied that you mention? Is there a code or something? Can you post the discount info if so?

[quote name='xx2541']What are the discounts that can applied that you mention? Is there a code or something? Can you post the discount info if so?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he is referring to member discount rewards.

[quote name='xx2541']What are the discounts that can applied that you mention? Is there a code or something? Can you post the discount info if so?[/QUOTE]

It's a 10% off all purchase price for GF subscribers over 1 year (I think it's that long).

Not a coupon code, unfortunately.

I'd be interested in Beautiful Katamari, but not for $25, maybe when it gets to $15. What happened to the bargain pricing of the original?

I just rented Uncharted and got an offer to KEEP it for $37.99 free shipping. This is $22 off retail and seems like a great price for a used game. Once I get it in the mail I'll check the condition of the disc, but how are their manuals/cases usually? I expect mint since they're just stored? You guys think this is a good deal or is uncharted just simply a better rental, as that's what I have it as now.

Aznguyen; As far as I'm aware, all of the cases/booklets are mint. At least all the games i've ever purchased/kept from Gamefly have been that way, which is always a plus. Speaking specifically about Uncharted, the game isn't terribly long but a lot of fun, and an excellent game to show off on the PS3. Decisions, Decisions.

Indeed, the cases and manuals are mint. Now, the discs are hit or miss. I've gotten mint ones...I've gotten dented ones...no lie...very little ones all over the very edges, so the disc still works.

I've bought and rented quite a few games from gamefly and they've always worked really well. They do have some scratches sometimes but the quality control is leagues above the major used games retailers IMO.

I will agree that their quality control is better than the used game retailers, who often have zero quality control. I have never gotten a non-functioning game from GF. I can't say the same of other places.

Kind of an aside, but anyone else think it's lame they have to charge tax or is that just my lame state? I don't live in any of the states with shipping centers so I figure it's some lame ass rule...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I will agree that their quality control is better than the used game retailers, who often have zero quality control. I have never gotten a non-functioning game from GF. I can't say the same of other places.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to get a functioning game from a GF sale. They usually show up in really bad shape. Other people seem to have luck ordering from them.

yeah something happened to how GF handles discs. Even on brand new releases, the edges of discs have chips in them and this didn't use to be a problem. It sucks because I would often "Buy It Now" on brand new games and with my discount, it would be close to $20 off new retail, but because of my OCD (game disc must be perfect), I've calmed down a lot.

In short, I fear for the quality of the used discs on this sale.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']yeah something happened to how GF handles discs. Even on brand new releases, the edges of discs have chips in them and this didn't use to be a problem. It sucks because I would often "Buy It Now" on brand new games and with my discount, it would be close to $20 off new retail, but because of my OCD (game disc must be perfect), I've calmed down a lot.

In short, I fear for the quality of the used discs on this sale.[/quote]

I started noticing the chipped discs as well lately. I'm beginning to think that they are getting these from the manufacturers at a discount due to them being slightly damaged (but still playable).

Until that last year or so, the discs I received from Gamefly were always in really good condition. They are still fairly good now, but I don't care for those defects (or whatever they are).

bread's done
Back