GameFly Massive PS3 Inventory Update

Thanks, OP!

Tempted to grab Brutal Legend... I liked the demo, but hearing that later parts of the game are strategy-heavy turned me off.

[quote name='KingGondo']Thanks, OP!

Tempted to grab Brutal Legend... I liked the demo, but hearing that later parts of the game are strategy-heavy turned me off.[/QUOTE]

Yes it turns into a RTS, and not a quality one at that. I enjoyed the game while it was a hack and slash up until that point of the strategy. Got rid of the game after that.

[quote name='bigsick']Yes it turns into a RTS, and not a quality one at that. I enjoyed the game while it was a hack and slash up until that point of the strategy. Got rid of the game after that.[/QUOTE]

I rented it from GameFly, because the previews looked cool. Then, I started reading that it turns into an RTS, and I actually never bothered to even pop it in my machine. There's nothing that drives me more insane that poor console RTS games.

[quote name='bigsick']Yes it turns into a RTS, and not a quality one at that. I enjoyed the game while it was a hack and slash up until that point of the strategy. Got rid of the game after that.[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing, if it would have stayed a hack n slash I would have actually completed the game.

I actually really liked Brutal Legend. I agree that some of the RTS stuff wasn't executed as well as others, but I like the fact that Double Fine actually changed it up a bit. Otherwise it would have just been a hack n' slash with a heavy metal theme. This way it had 2+ genres mixed in. I really enjoyed it.

Tempted to grab Brutal Legend... I liked the demo, but hearing that later parts of the game are strategy-heavy turned me off.[/QUOTE]

FYI Brutal Legend is $19.99 new w/ free ship at Newegg.com or at least it was.

I've always been weary of buying used games from Gamestop/Gamefly. For those who have done so in the past how is the quality of what you received?

Never bought from here so i was wondering if the games come complete with case and manual and what condition the discs are in.

Far Cry 2 at $14.99 is pretty tempting. But my backlog and BFBC2 is holding me down on any other purchases.

Great game, but I hit a mission that is so ridiculous and annoying that I stopped playing it. Most likely going to eBay it.

Meh. I didn't know that it was gonna turn into an RTS-lite until I got it, but I only enjoyed it all the more. I think it was the best game of 2009. The whole feel of the game was amazing, from the characters, voice acting, humor, and setting. Living in an epic fantasy metal world? Hell yeah! The RTS segments never take over the game, either. It's more like there are a few big battles but the rest of the game stays the same.

[quote name='Brownjohn']The PS3 games are always in great condition.[/QUOTE]
This has been my experience as well many times.

Batman for 24.99 is a great price, esepcially if your a member and get 5-10% off and free shipping.

Between renting and buying, I've never gotten a dud from GameFly in about two years. The conditions vary, but I would say less than 5% of the games I've gotten were in really bad shape. Most are near mint or have minimal scratching.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Is this only a temporary sale?[/QUOTE]

In the sense that it lasts exactly as long as stock does? Yup.

The good news is, in three months when they resupply PS3 again, those prices or better will be back. For an hour or so.

We buy most to all of our games from Gamefly and haven't been disappointed yet. The games are always in good condition and the manuals/cases are perfect + free shipping.

Their store inventory is solely based on their rental inventory. They do not buy or set aside games for the Used store. Inventory is going to be restocked every morning (Monday-Saturday) when they are processing their daily work, since there are warehouses across the country this time frame can be quite wide starting around 7am EST and ending around 9AM PST. I have seen several games go in and out of stock during this time.

I have purchased many games from them and they have ranged in condition, but all of the PS3 games have been nearly new.

Gamefly is my preferred place to get used games. I've yet to have a single disc come that wasn't mint, to my surprise. I've bought PS3, 360, and Wii games from them. The cases and manuals are mint, too. I expected the cases and manuals to be great since they don't send those out, but the discs being mint has surprised me, particularly the Wii titles.

They usually end up running good sales on titles, so just keep checking back. The problem there is they run out of anything good really quickly, so don't wait around if you see something. If I needed Batman, I'd be all over it at that price. I did happen to be a Gamefly member all but once when I bought from them, so I only had to pay the shipping price the time I wasn't a member.

Specific games I remember buying include:
PS3 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Lost, MLB 08 The Show, Uncharted, Call of Juarez 2, Spider-man 3 (GOOD game, unlike it's 360 counterpart), Godfather 2, Resistance
Wii - Super Mario Galaxy, Victorious Boxers, Punch Out, Destroy All Humans
360- Too Human, Call of Juarez 1

I know I've bought more for 360 and PS3, but those are what I remember without looking at them. So yeah, I've had 100% good luck with Gamefly so far and would highly recommend them, but I've seen others say they've had less than mint discs, which doesn't surprise me at all. Maybe my shipping facility doesn't get as many rentals going out, don't know.

[quote name='Brownjohn']The PS3 games are always in great condition.[/QUOTE]

This is my experience as well. I have purchased two games, and in both cases the cases, manuals, and games were all in excellent condition. One member mentioned in another thread that there is often small notches on the edges of the discs caused by the machine they use to sort and load discs for mailing...this has NEVER caused a problem in any of the discs I have purchased or rented.

I've bought 5 games from Gamefly, and haven't recieved a single one. I get my rentals just fine, but for whatever reason my purchases continually get "lost".

[quote name='Razzel']I've bought 5 games from Gamefly, and haven't recieved a single one. I get my rentals just fine, but for whatever reason my purchases continually get "lost".[/QUOTE]

mine take forever too when i order from the store. thats why i just rent it, then click on "keep it" right after they ship it.

bread's done
Back