Gamefly Members Check Your email for a $10 off a $30+ game coupon exp 1/21

[quote name='cassidyarch']I had L4D and used the $10 coupon-- $40 after tax. I had $5 loyalty bucks, but they wouldn't let me combine coupons. Is there a trick to doing that?[/quote]

It should almost be telling you to stack them at checkout if it's an option.

As far as the Valkyria Chronicles comment.. believe me when I say that I'm a cheapass gamer and amongst those not willing to buy it at retail. It's just this game in particular it seems that almost no one is buying it but a large majority of PS3 owners want it. Did we tighten up even more over the holidays? I'm not sure. I had quite the stockpile of goozex points, enough to cover all 8 or 9 fall releases I wanted, but a few of them seem like they'll never come (COD5, Fallout 3, Valkyria Chronicles) not only because I'm not low in the queue, but because it seems no one is trading.

I've taken it into my own hands to grab some titles I am too impatient to wait on... for example I'm about 375 in line for Fallout 3 yet I found someone willing to trade Fallout 3 and UT3 for my LE copy of MGS4 (which was a disappointment to me... the LE package, not the game) and I'm just goozexing a copy of MGS4 to replace it at 950 points rather than 1000 points for F3 when it becomes available six-nine months from now. I was never really going to revisit the LE goodies so it was a wash for me to get what I want now.

As for VC, I'm almost 100 in the goozex queue and there have only been 3 trades since release. I figure I'll have to use my sony card reward points to buy a copy from a retail store and I'll have enough in a month or two to do so. I almost have a feeling this game will be hard to find later on.

Just bought an essentially new copy of Lord of the Rings: Conquest (360) with this coupon for $35.93. I don't even really want it ... but there are magical ways for me to get my money back online. If you can get them to send it to you before the 21st, you don't even need to wait to receive it before you hit the buy button. Cheers

NHL 09 for $28.95. Done.

Gamefly account. Done.

I'm finished with this service. It takes me 1.5 weeks from drop off to receiving a game and it's really not worth the money anymore. Paying $25+ a month to get AT MOST 3 games, and them not even being the top 6 games on my queue is a big waste of my time and my money.

I'm trimming this fat from my life. Thanks Gamefly, but no thanks.

I'm debating using my coupon for Saints Row 2, which combined with my $5 loyalty bucks would be about $25 plus tax. I'm hoping they'll drop the price to $35 before the coupon expires.

Used this to pick up Valkyria Chronicles for $36.09. I'd literally just bought Left 4 Dead with a $5.00 coupon the day before I was aware of this coupon, but I guess I can't complain since they were both good prices and both worth owning.

I ended up with Valkyria Chronicles for $25 shipped, thanks to the extra $5 coupon from filling out the survey after playing Baja. Now I'll see if I can get Skate 2 this week and buy that for $45 or so. I did that with Fable 2 when it was released for $42 shipped and find that perhaps the best feature of Gamefly is being able to buy games cheap, more so than renting games.

they had some good games right above $30 in the store earlier today (Star Wars: Force Unleashed, etc.) but they sold out pretty quick :whistle2:(

thanks for this i had left 4 dead rented since it came out and i've decided to buy this game using the 10 dollar off coupon. i also had two 5 buck off coupons as well so i was able to buy left 4 dead for 25 bucks not bad :) thanks op.

Picked up Force Unleashed for the PS3. Thanks OP. I was hoping to get Valkyria Chronicles, but it didn't get added to my Q in time and I didn't want to miss a chance to get a free $10 :) Thanks again. Don't forget to use your coupons guys!

so my coupon is good till the 21st at 11:59PM right? I"m trying to wait it out. I have an open spot and I'm hoping they send me Call of duty world at war or left for dead either today or tomorrow, I'd rather not keep Mirrors Edge.

caught a sort of a break

Star Ocean: Second Evolution PSP came out today.. 39.99 at ebgames (gamestop)

with 10 % off games Gamefly had KEEP IT for 30.39

So got the KEEP IT NOW PRICE SHIPPED FOR 22.08 after tax so figure in tax paid 20 bucks for the game Brand new since i will be the first one to play it

so in short got Star Ocean: Second Evolution for 22 shipped using the coupon.

Remember today is the last day to use the coupon!

I buckled and picked up Far Cry 2 for $17.XX with my $5 coupon as well. It's been a good time so far only a few hours in and for that price I can hold on to it/sell it for about break even if it goes south.

yeah thanks for the reminder however i hope i can find something worthwhile, previously i was unable to find anything that i wanted for that price.

well here's to hoping they send out fable 2 or fallout 3 before the day is over. there the only games I'd be willing to use the coupon on and are the only games on my queue.

[quote name='LuisRM']Remember today is the last day to use the coupon!

I buckled and picked up Far Cry 2 for $17.XX with my $5 coupon as well. It's been a good time so far only a few hours in and for that price I can hold on to it/sell it for about break even if it goes south.[/quote]

I have it now from gamefly but I wouldn't pay $5 for it it's horrible. The only thing that is cool is the fire but that gets old. And the multi player is one step above SOF: Payback. I'm sending it back today and hope to get left 4 dead.

You guys think Saints Row 2 is worth a buy at 29.99? It's on the way over right now, and the more i research the game, the more I become amused by how flat out weird this game is.

weird, never got the email, but it was sitting in my coupons. nothing in the store over $30 other than too human (already had it), guess I'm keeping the SCIV they finally sent (been in queue since last feburary) for $17 heh

got screwed the last time they gave out $10 coupons - all my online black friday charges decided to post on 12/1, and the transaction to keep Guilty Gear 2 was rejected by US Bank. By the time I changed to another card the next day when I saw the flagged error they cancelled my order entirely because 'the coupon expired', bah

[quote name='shlby']You guys think Saints Row 2 is worth a buy at 29.99? It's on the way over right now, and the more i research the game, the more I become amused by how flat out weird this game is.[/quote]

Most likely it is not in good condition like all gamefly games that are over a few months old. It makes me wonder by the looks of the discs it people use a paper towel and rub these discs in and circular motion. I would wait and get it new for around that price on sale.

[quote name='GameOnJohn']Most likely it is not in good condition like all gamefly games that are over a few months old. It makes me wonder by the looks of the discs it people use a paper towel and rub these discs in and circular motion. I would wait and get it new for around that price on sale.[/QUOTE]

You are probably right, the Mirror's edge game was pretty well scratched when i got it. If anyone wants my $10 code, then just pm me, since I won't be needing it.

[quote name='shlby']You are probably right, the Mirror's edge game was pretty well scratched when i got it. If anyone wants my $10 code, then just pm me, since I won't be needing it.[/quote]

(Correct me if I'm wrong) The codes are based on your account, and thus are attached to them. So nobody can use YOUR code. But thanks for trying. I am waiting to see if they send me something so I can use the Buy it now feature. *continues praying*

[quote name='GameOnJohn']I have it now from gamefly but I wouldn't pay $5 for it it's horrible. The only thing that is cool is the fire but that gets old. And the multi player is one step above SOF: Payback. I'm sending it back today and hope to get left 4 dead.[/quote]

I've only put in about 3 hours or so and it's been okay so far. I've only been doing side missions and diamond hunting and so far so good. Not great, I do have complaints about some of the mechanics, but I also haven't seen how the main story holds up. Thanks for the opinion, it may have to go on ebay sooner than later.

The only game that comes up for me (over 30) is too human, i have way too many games lined up to play and this game is so far off of my radar. i am sad to say that i will have to pass on the 10 bucks

yeah little to no selection for stuff that this coupon applies to....

Unless you were one of the lucky ones to have Left 4 Dead or Mirrors Edge (which I've been trying to rent for the past couple months )

I just got LittleBigPlanet in the mail yesterday and since I had this coupon and my $5 coupon expiring I decided to keep it. $30 is a good price I think.

[quote name='slidecage']caught a sort of a break

Star Ocean: Second Evolution PSP came out today.. 39.99 at ebgames (gamestop)

with 10 % off games Gamefly had KEEP IT for 30.39

So got the KEEP IT NOW PRICE SHIPPED FOR 22.08 after tax so figure in tax paid 20 bucks for the game Brand new since i will be the first one to play it

so in short got Star Ocean: Second Evolution for 22 shipped using the coupon.[/quote]

Thanks for this!!.

Since the only games I had on my Q were LotR Conquest and Valkyria Chronicles, and both are Low availability, I decided to enter Second Evolution to my Q. Kept it for 23.63 shipping, and its brand new since it came out today. Sweet deal.

I've had fun with Far Cry 2 in the 6 or so hours I've put into it. Many fans of the first are disappointed that it's not similar (never played original FC myself). It's weird playing a FPS sandbox, but it somehow works out. Only complaint is travel time and respawning guard posts. Saints Row 2 has been pretty fun as well, but I have only about 2 hours into it right now. All the missions I hear people talk about sound pretty wacky.

The PS3 discs I've gotten from Gamefly have been in good shape. I know they're more scratch resistant than DVDs and to be honest, I've yet to see a BD in anything but excellent condition (I'm sure it happens, but not for me yet). Sorry 360 guys...

[quote name='QiG']I... Saints Row 2 has been pretty fun as well, but I have only about 2 hours into it right now. All the missions I hear people talk about sound pretty wacky...

[/quote]

Saints Row 2 was an absolute blast. Great gangland story. A lot more lighthearted than GTA4. Not better, but different. I had fun all the way through the campaign, EXCEPT for the final part. I thought the story sort of fell apart there. YMMV of course, but if you add in the ability to co-op through the whole game, it makes it a really fun game.

damn, and here I am stuck w/ prince of persia. Hell technically the game isn't even in my Q since GF thought they lost it about a week ago.

I'd probably bite on something good, but I guess it's another GF coupon wasted.

bread's done
Back