GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
They only give tracking numbers with the bigger packages, if you only ordered one game you will not get a tracking number (with the free shipping)

I hope to see RDR in one of these sales for

I'm still waiting on Spider-man as well. My Duke Nukem order a couple weeks ago came much quicker, but it's good to know other people are still waiting.

I have both Duke Nukem and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit at my house right now from renting them. Decided to go ahead and keep NFS, but not Duke.

[quote name='Luxuria']I'm really hoping Metro 2033 finally goes on sale. I've been wanting to pick that game up. Wonder what's in store for tonight.[/QUOTE]

I paid $20 for that game a few months back. That is a greatly under rated game. It has a few issues but just a great game

Considering there's no official mention of these deals on the site (none that I can find anyway), the shipping is probably lagging because they weren't expecting people to buy out everything on offer.

Earlier in the deals I got Medal of Honor, Brink and Fallout: New Vegas in just 4 days, which I would assume I bought those before more people became aware. I base that on all the comments by people regretting that they didn't know from the start about it. The CAG community must be overwhelming Gamefly.

[quote name='Arkalivan']Considering there's no official mention of these deals on the site (none that I can find anyway), the shipping is probably lagging because they weren't expecting people to buy out everything on offer.[/QUOTE]
They rarely advertise these one day sales on their site, but they do always announce the deals on their twitter. Plus they usually do sell out half the time since they've done this way back when so it's nothing new.

Got Spiderman:SD, but still waiting on my Splatterhouse. Thought it would have been here by now.

Hope for some goodies tonight! And yeah, Metro 2033 would be great to find. Havent even seen that thing on sale, much less catch it on sale.

[quote name='kouleefoh']guys, don't buy Brink now. They are coming out with the GOTY edition. or should i say WGOTY edition. :lol:[/QUOTE]

They're seriously releasing a GOTY edition?:lol:

[quote name='Luxuria']I'm really hoping Metro 2033 finally goes on sale. I've been wanting to pick that game up. Wonder what's in store for tonight.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up from gohastings around the $10-$15 range. I've only played a little so far but I think it's a great game. I'm really interested in Last Light (Metro sequel)

I've been all over these GameFly Nightly Deals (thanks for the continuous thread and upkeep of "Live" Deals, by the way); they (GameFly) have been shipping every order via Priority Mail and I've been receiving them within 2-3 days of placing my order; could be that I live in Birmingham and they are shipping from Tampa?

I know they have x five (5) distribution centers but whenever I ship something to South Florida (from Birmingham) the shipment is ALWAYS there (in South Florida) within 2-3 days, as well. I've been VERY pleased with the quality, shipping times, etc. offered since I caught wind of these deals last week, I'm loving it!

[quote name='dorkyden']what time do the deals go live? I think i will stay home or at least checking my phone often tonite.[/QUOTE]

2 hours

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']I've been all over these GameFly Nightly Deals (thanks for the continuous thread and upkeep of "Live" Deals, by the way); they (GameFly) have been shipping every order via Priority Mail and I've been receiving them within 2-3 days of placing my order; could be that I live in Birmingham and they are shipping from Tampa?

I know they have x five (5) distribution centers but whenever I ship something to South Florida (from Birmingham) the shipment is ALWAYS there (in South Florida) within 2-3 days, as well. I've been VERY pleased with the quality, shipping times, etc. offered since I caught wind of these deals last week, I'm loving it![/QUOTE]

Are you a Gamefly member?
Did you pick free shipping?
Are your orders for just one game per shipment, or multiple?

I'm not a member, picked free shipping, and ordered just one game (Spidey on day one). I am a bit miffed that I haven't received it, but not concerned enough to contact Gamefly just yet. Since others have been getting their games, I'm remaining optimistic for now.

[quote name='L0sther0']I paid $20 for that game a few months back. That is a greatly under rated game. It has a few issues but just a great game[/QUOTE]

One of my top 5 games this generation.

In for Duke. Rented it when it came out, but I'm getting the free DLC from the first access club (if that ever gets released) so I might as well pick up the game at $10 to give that a go. Hail to the Cheap, baby.

I still haven't any of my games yet. i ordered Shattered Dimension splatterhouse and NFS and duke last nite. I live 3 hours away from where they ship for my area which is in pittsburgh and i live in buffalo new york

[quote name='ticktack']In for Duke. Rented it when it came out, but I'm getting the free DLC from the first access club (if that ever gets released) so I might as well pick up the game at $10 to give that a go. Hail to the Cheap, baby.[/QUOTE]

It's a fun game

[quote name='averageguy']I still haven't any of my games yet. i ordered Shattered Dimension splatterhouse and NFS and duke last nite. I live 3 hours away from where they ship for my area which is in pittsburgh and i live in buffalo new york[/QUOTE]

I used to live in Pittsburgh and that doesn't mean they will ship the games from that center. I had purchases that I would get in two days from Pittsburgh and then one that took two weeks to show up from another center.

I've been lucky and my discs have always worked (and been in pristine condition) when I buy from Gamefly - but if you have a disc that isn't working and it's not a matter of being scratched up (it looks normal but won't play for some reason) try boiling the disc. I discovered this trick when I used to subscribe to OXM and would every once in awhile get a demo disc that didn't work. It's the weirdest damn thing, but the success rate is amazing.

What do you have to lose if your disc isn't working anyway? I was the biggest skeptic when I heard about this, but after getting several discs to work I'm a believer.

Here's the method that I use:

-Bring a pan of water to boil
-Break a plastic knife and put it through the disc so that the disc stops toward the bottom of the knife where it gets too wide for the disc to come off. This is necessary to get the disc in and out without scratching it up. The last thing you want is for the disc to sit on the bottom of the pan, as that will definitely mess it up.
-Dip the disc in the water using your disc boiling tool. It only needs to be submerged for a short time - no longer than 15 - 20 seconds.
-Take the disc out and pat it dry with a soft cloth. Make sure it's all dry before putting it in your system.
-Boot it up - hopefully magic happens and your game works like a charm.

Here's the actual science behind the fix:

Why does the disc sometimes not work like it should:

What happens is not so much due to the manufacturing process, but due to the exposure of condensation within the plastic wrapped sleeve (air temp change from sealed plastic bag) and handling during shipments (back when the game was a rental via the mail). The optical formats (all discs) have a thin layer of plastic which expands and contracts with temperature. It is made this way to protect the readable surface, and it allows for expansion in your hot dvd drives when spinning at faster RPMs.

• Why it works:

Boiling works because it forces the small elastomeric film to expand and fix any minor warpage from shipping, and loosens the particles or debris from the surface in the hot water. It is just like washing sand off your hands under warm water. This is why a thumbprint (surfacants and oils that transfer from your hands) can cause more problems than minor surface scratches on the discs too. The laser usually can read through a field of depth with scratches, but a smudge is more problematic because it disrupts the penetration of the plastic layer. This is why on all your electronic devices with disc drives tell you to never touch the laser lens; because of the same reasoning.

The best method on handling the disc during boiling or running under hot water is to use a wooden handled spoon or serving utensil. Simply slide the disc center over the handle face up for better handling. Boil for 10 seconds or run under hot water for 20 seconds. Carefully take the disc back off the handle onto a lint free towel laying it face up. Gently pad dry the surface from the center outward to prevent scratching the surface. Let the disc set and cool so that the surface of the disc can contract before using. This method has worked since the optical format came out btw, so game discs aren't the only thing this works for (same applies for CD's and DVD's).

Sorry for the wall of text. Hope it helps someone.

[quote name='loganx1187']
I've been lucky and my discs have always worked (and been in pristine condition) when I buy from Gamefly - but if you have a disc that isn't working and it's not a matter of being scratched up (it looks normal but won't play for some reason) try boiling the disc. I discovered this trick when I used to subscribe to OXM and would every once in awhile get a demo disc that didn't work. It's the weirdest damn thing, but the success rate is amazing.

What do you have to lose if your disc isn't working anyway? I was the biggest skeptic when I heard about this, but after getting several discs to work I'm a believer.

Here's the method that I use:

-Bring a pan of water to boil
-Break a plastic knife and put it through the disc so that the disc stops toward the bottom of the knife where it gets too wide for the disc to come off. This is necessary to get the disc in and out without scratching it up. The last thing you want is for the disc to sit on the bottom of the pan, as that will definitely mess it up.
-Dip the disc in the water using your disc boiling tool. It only needs to be submerged for a short time - no longer than 15 - 20 seconds.
-Take the disc out and pat it dry with a soft cloth. Make sure it's all dry before putting it in your system.
-Boot it up - hopefully magic happens and your game works like a charm.

Here's the actual science behind the fix:

Why does the disc sometimes not work like it should:

What happens is not so much due to the manufacturing process, but due to the exposure of condensation within the plastic wrapped sleeve (air temp change from sealed plastic bag) and handling during shipments (back when the game was a rental via the mail). The optical formats (all discs) have a thin layer of plastic which expands and contracts with temperature. It is made this way to protect the readable surface, and it allows for expansion in your hot dvd drives when spinning at faster RPMs.

• Why it works:

Boiling works because it forces the small elastomeric film to expand and fix any minor warpage from shipping, and loosens the particles or debris from the surface in the hot water. It is just like washing sand off your hands under warm water. This is why a thumbprint (surfacants and oils that transfer from your hands) can cause more problems than minor surface scratches on the discs too. The laser usually can read through a field of depth with scratches, but a smudge is more problematic because it disrupts the penetration of the plastic layer. This is why on all your electronic devices with disc drives tell you to never touch the laser lens; because of the same reasoning.

The best method on handling the disc during boiling or running under hot water is to use a wooden handled spoon or serving utensil. Simply slide the disc center over the handle face up for better handling. Boil for 10 seconds or run under hot water for 20 seconds. Carefully take the disc back off the handle onto a lint free towel laying it face up. Gently pad dry the surface from the center outward to prevent scratching the surface. Let the disc set and cool so that the surface of the disc can contract before using. This method has worked since the optical format came out btw, so game discs aren't the only thing this works for (same applies for CD's and DVD's).

Sorry for the wall of text. Hope it helps someone
.[/QUOTE]Interesting, I'll have to give this a try, thanks for posting

[quote name='Brother Daz']They're seriously releasing a GOTY edition?:lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Monsta Mack']WTF a brink goty edition????[/QUOTE]
lol no i'm just kidding

[quote name='averageguy']I still haven't any of my games yet. i ordered Shattered Dimension splatterhouse and NFS and duke last nite. I live 3 hours away from where they ship for my area which is in pittsburgh and i live in buffalo new york[/QUOTE]

Their stock is in multiple locations, some of the games might not be in Pittsburgh, so they have to ship to Pittsburgh before shipping it from there.

[quote name='CaseX']Are you a Gamefly member?
Did you pick free shipping?
Are your orders for just one game per shipment, or multiple?

I'm not a member, picked free shipping, and ordered just one game (Spidey on day one). I am a bit miffed that I haven't received it, but not concerned enough to contact Gamefly just yet. Since others have been getting their games, I'm remaining optimistic for now.[/QUOTE]

Nope, not a GameFly Member; always choose the Free Shipping and I order multiple(s) of each game (pending on what the title is); I have yet to order just one (1) game, at the minimum I have ordered two (2) but at times my Subtotal is under $20.00.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']I've been all over these GameFly Nightly Deals (thanks for the continuous thread and upkeep of "Live" Deals, by the way); they (GameFly) have been shipping every order via Priority Mail and I've been receiving them within 2-3 days of placing my order; could be that I live in Birmingham and they are shipping from Tampa?

I know they have x five (5) distribution centers but whenever I ship something to South Florida (from Birmingham) the shipment is ALWAYS there (in South Florida) within 2-3 days, as well. I've been VERY pleased with the quality, shipping times, etc. offered since I caught wind of these deals last week, I'm loving it![/QUOTE]

Not. It's hit and miss.

I just got a package here in Birmingham (Bluff Park) that took forever. Ones at my address in Georgia arrived within a day.

They seem to take their time with some of it as I got my PS3 Duke Nukems from FOREVER ago TODAY.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Not. It's hit and miss.

I just got a package here in Birmingham (Bluff Park) that took forever. Ones at my address in Georgia arrived within a day.

They seem to take their time with some of it as I got my PS3 Duke Nukems from FOREVER ago TODAY.[/QUOTE]

I reckon that's "it"...."hit and miss"; if you ordered the "Duke" (PS3) from a few weeks back, mine came within 3 days; went back and checked my GameFly Order History and I ordered x two (2) of the Duke Nukem (PS3) on the PM of Tuesday 09.13.2011 and received them (along with 2 x Red Faction: Armageddon for PS3) on the PM of Friday 09.16.2011....

[quote name='loganx1187']wall of text. Hope it helps someone.[/QUOTE]
That's pretty cool.
Will it work for deep scratches?
Could've saved me a trip to GS. ha.

What time do these nightly deals usually go up? Some of them have been pretty awesome, looking at the expired ones. And with people telling me used gamefly games are usually in excellent shape, I might give them a try.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Cheapy is pulling his hair out trying to come up with a hint. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Unless we're talking about his back, then at best he's got a small patch of his shoulder plucked if I'm to believe his talk of how hairy he is.

[quote name='Newl']That's pretty cool.
Will it work for deep scratches?
Could've saved me a trip to GS. ha.[/QUOTE]

He said it doesn't work for a disc that is physically damaged. It may only work for discs that look to be in good shape, but doesn't work.

[quote name='JP73']What time do these nightly deals usually go up? Some of them have been pretty awesome, looking at the expired ones. And with people telling me used gamefly games are usually in excellent shape, I might give them a try.[/QUOTE]Around 8 pm est

[quote name='bardockkun']Unless we're talking about his back, then at best he's got a small patch of his shoulder plucked if I'm to believe his talk of how hairy he is.[/QUOTE]
haha how do u think he's bald? too much hints

[quote name='kouleefoh']haha how do u think he's bald? too much hints[/QUOTE]
Bald, hairy, giant, Jewish man doesn't sound too far fetched to not be believable in the US at least.

i think when everyone found out the hints last night they ordered before he posted his links and he would want us to use his link

[quote name='sp8001']anxiously awaiting tonight's hint from Cheapy :)

Hoping for Dead Space 2[/QUOTE]
You will be happy.

You won't have to wait until your are Red in the face either, as the deal is starting soon. However, you will have to wait more than Two (II) minutes.

[quote name='CheapyD']You will be happy.

You won't have to wait until your are Red in the face either, as the deal is starting soon. However, you will have to wait more than Two (II) minutes.[/QUOTE]

In for DS2 and Red Dead

[quote name='CheapyD']You will be happy.

You won't have to wait until your are Red in the face either, as the deal is starting soon. However, you will have to wait more than Two (II) minutes.[/QUOTE]
Ah damn red faction on sale. Don't tell me it's cheaper than $17.99 that I paid for earlier. =(
Is the other game Star war force unleashed 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back