GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Prismatico']I don't mean to nitpick and I'm sure you just made a mistake in typing since you said you saw previews but it's third person. But yeah, it's your standard linear 8 hour campaign. It does have stuff to keep unlocking on repeated playthroughs (unique joke or overpowered weapons, other upgrades) though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Once someone told me it was a shooter and pretty linear, I only really half paid attention when watching videos for it.:cry: Sorry about that.:whistle2:#

I'm going to pass on these deals, but I got Castlevania soon after ordering and that game blew me away. Much better than the demo and the graphics are the best that I've seen to date.

[quote name='strait edge follower']You have no idea How long i have waited for a great deal for that game[/QUOTE]
I got it for $15 after coupon @ EA for months now, still wrapped :lol:

[quote name='strait edge follower']You have no idea How long i have waited for a great deal for that game[/QUOTE]

I Know BF3 is getting all the graphics hype but IMO Crysis 2 looks just as good on the console as BF3 does...now PC may be different.

Damn.... kinda want Two worlds II but I wont have time for that with Dark Souls, and Skyrim. Hell, I still have to really dig into Demon Souls.

As far as the feel of the gameplay, it's my favorite shooter of all time. And, of course it looks incredible, and the 3D is done very well.

[quote name='emg28']I bought the original Dead Space at Walmart during BF, too. It was 2 years ago and it is still sealed so I'm passing on DS2 for now. In for Red Faction, though.

I still haven't received Bulletstorm. They shipped it on the 21st so I'm starting to get a little bit worried.[/QUOTE]

Makes me feel better, my bulletstorm shipped on the 22nd. I have been getting worried, atleast I am not alone.

Heard Red Faction is OK.
Two Worlds 2 is supposed to be amazing compared to the first but that's not hard of a feat.
Dead Space 2 is my GOTY so far, so yeah worth every penny.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']As far as the feel of the gameplay, it's my favorite shooter of all time. And, of course it looks incredible, and the 3D is done very well.[/QUOTE]

The graphics do look great. I really want to play crysis 2 for that reason and the fact that the nano suit gives you some really cool powers to work with (particularly the cloaking)

Great deals are in the air. I have decided to just limit picking 1 game per night as long as these Gamefly sales are going on to save my wallet and prevent my backlog from swallowing me whole. Tonight it is Two Worlds II for my wife. Thanks CheapyD!

Picked up DS2 for the PS3 as it comes with Extraction for the Move (at least I hope it will).

GameFly is starting to become the Steam of used console games when it comes to deals...

I was slightly kicking myself for not getting Red Faction: Armageddon when GF had it for $17.99. Can't pass it up for $12.99.

Still need to play through RF: Guerilla. Put time into it a few years ago on the 360, but ended up rebuying it for the PS3. I've been putting it off for over a year so I think now is the time.

[quote name='Ch33pSh33p']Picked up DS2 for the PS3 as it comes with Extraction for the Move (at least I hope it will).

GameFly is starting to become the Steam of used console games when it comes to deals...[/QUOTE]
CAG, Steam and Gamefly have spoiled me through out the years.

Dang, first Duke then Bulletstorm and Spiderman, now Red Faction. Slow down Gamefly, I'm burning through all my november holiday game sale money. ;_;

[quote name='Tonious']Dang, first Duke then Bulletstorm and Spiderman, now Red Faction. Slow down Gamefly, I'm burning through all my november holiday game sale money. ;_;[/QUOTE]

I am burning through this weeks lunch money. PB & J for me the rest of the week;)

[quote name='seattlezfunk']Adding on to the Dead Space questions...

Is this the one with Extraction?

edit: Dead Space 2 LE[/QUOTE]
Yes, if its the ps3 version.. you have to install Dead Space Extraction to your hdd first and you need the dead space 2 in your ps3 in order to play it so you cant just sell dead space 2 and get it for free

Man they have been killing my wallet. 1st castlevania, then bulletstorm, now this. Guess I can't complain though for getting all of these good games. :)

Just got my 2x copies of Bulletstorm (PS3). Both were 'limited edition' copies, and in near flawless condition. There were chips on the edge of one disc, but I was expecting something MUCH worse given what people were reporting. They are so miniscule, I can barely call them "chips" at all.

Both online passes were unused as well, I will definitely have to partake in these sales more often.

Picked up Red Faction even though I (being in the minority here) didn't care for Guerrilla at all.

I got Two Worlds 2 part of a b2g1 sale a while back and was really disappointed by it. I just could not get the hang of the controls, and the rest of the game didnt seem good enough for me to suffer the huge learning curve it was giving me. I played for about 5 hours before shelving it.

Thanks Gamefly and CAG! Still Hope for Crysis 2 and Mass Effect 2 tomorrow!

In for RF:A for 360. Never purchased used from GameFly before (and dang, it's been a long time since i purchased used at all), but GameFly has gotten around here and I'm not dying for this game so if it turns sour, no biggie.

I adored Red Faction Guerrilla. I nearly bought Armageddon last night, looks like I'm buying it right now. I know it's not the same as Guerrilla, but as long as there's still a lot of destroying shit with a hammer, I'm good.

I adored Red Faction Guerrilla. I nearly bought Armageddon last night, looks like I'm buying it right now. I know it's not the same as Guerrilla, but as long as there's still a lot of destroying shit with a hammer, I'm good. If I played Guerrilla for 30 hours, I spent 20 of those hours just beating everything in sight. I'd be in for Two Worlds but they don't seem to have it any more for the 360.

[quote name='strait edge follower']The graphics do look great. I really want to play crysis 2 for that reason and the fact that the nano suit gives you some really cool powers to work with (particularly the cloaking)[/QUOTE]

I didn't like Crysis 2. I really wanted to, I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't get into it. It felt a lot like Call of Duty if Call of Duty wasn't so smooth.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Picked up Red Faction even though I (being in the minority here) didn't care for Guerrilla at all.

I got Two Worlds 2 part of a b2g1 sale a while back and was really disappointed by it. I just could not get the hang of the controls, and the rest of the game didnt seem good enough for me to suffer the huge learning curve it was giving me. I played for about 5 hours before shelving it.

Thanks Gamefly and CAG! Still Hope for Crysis 2 and Mass Effect 2 tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Fingers and toes crossed for ME2.

Any one know from experience, or seen anything that said whether the 360 or ps3 version of TWII is better than the other? I looked through the thread and didn't see anything, and online wasn't very helpful either.

edit: nvm. picked up ps3 anyway cause the 360 has sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Dead Space 2 for 360.

Bought Two Worlds II from gamestop a few months ago, regret it big time. Voice acting was absolutely terrible, controls were bad, and the weird blurring thing was too much. Though it's still worth a try since it's cheap now.

[quote name='strait edge follower']The graphics do look great. I really want to play crysis 2 for that reason and the fact that the nano suit gives you some really cool powers to work with (particularly the cloaking)[/QUOTE]

You can upgrade the tech in the suit as well, and once you get a few stealth ones, you can basically just run past everything in the game, which is lame.

I don't suggest doing that, as it totally cheeses-out the fun of playing, but I'm just saying one CAN do that. I bought it for $35 back in May, just because I wanted an eye-candy gaming experience for my birthday, and it doesn't disappoint IMO.

i liked Two Worlds yet hated Two Worlds 2 and already forget why, but i remember it being really really terrible.

in for a copy of dead space 2 ps3 mainly for Extraction.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']You can upgrade the tech in the suit as well, and once you get a few stealth ones, you can basically just run past everything in the game, which is lame.

I don't suggest doing that, as it totally cheeses-out the fun of playing, but I'm just saying one CAN do that. I bought it for $35 back in May, just because I wanted an eye-candy gaming experience for my birthday, and it doesn't disappoint IMO.[/QUOTE]

I found the most fun was to play it as a shooter on normal and then use stealth on the hardest settings to get the achievement. The one thing that bothered me was that the AI would swarm you and almost never miss when detected. It was annoying. The stealth would have been better if the AI was not so sensitive and you could pick guys off without drawing everyone's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back