GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't going to buy anything tonight but I started looking at Two worlds II and decided to take a $10 plunge. Last thing I need is another epic RPG with DA:2 sitting here and skyrim still coming out but I can't resist! More thanks to cheapy and GF.

I just took a look at the first batch of games I ordered from last week. First time I've made a GameFly purchase, and since then I've bought a few more from these deals.

All three games they sent me have a whole mess of swirly scratches on the bottom. Maybe that's just what a re-buff looks like, but it's really, really noticeable. Even if the game plays perfectly fine, it's something that any normal person would look at and say "wow, that has a lot of scratches", and GS would probably hit me refurb fees for them. As I said, this was my first GF purchase. Is this normal? If all the games are going to come this way, I'm gonna have to cancel my order.

lmao put Dead Space 2 in the cart and almost pulled the trigger. Decided to walk the dog first and now I see its sold out hahaha

its okay, my backlog is 6 games deep with Dark Souls coming soon :whistle2:D

[quote name='cancerman1120']I found the most fun was to play it as a shooter on normal and then use stealth on the hardest settings to get the achievement. The one thing that bothered me was that the AI would swarm you and almost never miss when detected. It was annoying. The stealth would have been better if the AI was not so sensitive and you could pick guys off without drawing everyone's attention.[/QUOTE]

Didn't really have a problem with stealth at all, as long as you use a suppressor, or the instant-melee kill, you should be able to de-cloak -> kill baddy -> recloak and be fine. Moving from position to position is key, as well, since the AI will just open fire on your "last known location". You can't just shoot a few rounds, cloak, and expect them to think you just aren't there anymore.

Just some tips for folks, assuming the game does go on sale this week.

Hey guys. I got Bulletstorm and it is in VERY average condition... at best. I won't even start playing it for months, but if it installs on my HD then I don't have to worry about disc skippage, right? (so long as it installs without error, I mean)

Thanks!

[quote name='victimsofadown']Hey guys. I got Bulletstorm and it is in VERY average condition... at best. I won't even start playing it for months, but if it installs on my HD then I don't have to worry about disc skippage, right? (so long as it installs without error, I mean)

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Basically. That's my sure fire tell tale way of checking if my used games are up to the task and it hasn't failed me yet.

[quote name='victimsofadown']Hey guys. I got Bulletstorm and it is in VERY average condition... at best. I won't even start playing it for months, but if it installs on my HD then I don't have to worry about disc skippage, right? (so long as it installs without error, I mean)

Thanks![/QUOTE]
yup, that's the theory.

The bulletstorm I got wouldn't get past 22% install. I said f it and tried to play anyway, after about 15mins I get a disc read error. :(
frickn ppl man, just because they're rentals doesn't mean they should treat discs like coasters!

[quote name='Newl']
frickn ppl man, just because they're rentals doesn't mean they should treat discs like coasters![/QUOTE]

Trust me, some people treat their actual personal property like crap too. I remember I bought Call of Duty: Black Ops on the PS3 shortly after it came out from Gamestop.com and it was the only PS3 game that wouldn't even read on my PS3. Somehow the owner before me managed to scratch up a new (at the time) Blu-Ray disc.

I just bought Red faction (huge fan after playing Guerilla), Duke nuke for the ps3, i regret it for not seeing it sooner i could have gotter NFS HP

[quote name='urallgyots']shadows of the damned for $14.99 anyone? :p[/QUOTE]

^^^THIS GODDAMN IT!!!!!!:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Gamefly.........Make it happen

I'm hoping for a deal on Alice: Madness Returns considering it came out around same time as Duke Nukem and Red Faction: Armageddon so I think a good chance.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm hoping for a deal on Alice: Madness Returns considering it came out around same time as Duke Nukem and Red Faction: Armageddon so I think a good chance.[/QUOTE]

count me in :cool:

I'm still kinda pissed I missed DS 2. I wouldve loved to put my move for use :cry:

in for 1 TW2 for ps3. with the preowned guarantee, if they send me anything less than stellar I'm sending it right back, although for 10 bucks i probably shouldn't complain.

Snagged Red Faction earlier.

Yet another great deal, and another reminder why I stopped buying games on release and at full price. (Only one exception rest of the year: Skyrim.)

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm hoping for a deal on Alice: Madness Returns considering it came out around same time as Duke Nukem and Red Faction: Armageddon so I think a good chance.[/QUOTE]

A sale on Alice: Madness Returns would be amazing.

Edit - Dead Space 2 is back in stock for PS3 if anyone missed out and wanted to grab a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to resist Dead Space 2 for almost 6 hours. But I just broke and bought it, lol

[quote name='urallgyots']shadows of the damned for $14.99 anyone? :p[/QUOTE]

That would be great

[quote name='Coltin']I was able to resist Dead Space 2 for almost 6 hours. But I just broke and bought it, lol[/QUOTE]

In the same boat lol kept trying to talk myself out of it then when it went out of stock I thought I was safe, but then they had to pull me back in.

I've been wanting to go back and play through Dead Space again and with Halloween coming up this will be a good time to play through them back to back.

My orders for NFS hot pursuit still keeps showing "In Process" - ordered it monday evening. Did anyone who ordered it on Monday had their shipped yet? They don't pick up phone and i have read worst things about their support just trying to find their number. All i get is recordings and when i press 5 it disconnects.

Is there any other way to reach them?

[quote name='mrman1980']My orders for NFS hot pursuit still keeps showing "In Process" - ordered it monday evening. Did anyone who ordered it on Monday had their shipped yet? They don't pick up phone and i have read worst things about their support just trying to find their number. All i get is recordings and when i press 5 it disconnects.

Is there any other way to reach them?[/QUOTE]

Mine says that it has shipped already.

[quote name='Coltin']I'm hoping that Killzone 3 is one of the deals soon. I rented it when it came out, and I really want to play it again[/QUOTE]

It was already on sale for $19.99 at the end of August. I snagged a perfect copy! :razz: Luck of the draw.

[quote name='Coltin']I'm hoping that Killzone 3 is one of the deals soon. I rented it when it came out, and I really want to play it again[/QUOTE]

I agree! I want this as well!

Will DS2 come back in stock or is it gone?

Well, I bought Red Faction after looking at the "checkout" button with trepidation for about 20 minutes. I just wish I had time to play these games I keep buying. Thank god Two Worlds was out of stock or I'd have bought it, too. I already have a sealed Dead Space 2 sitting on the shelf waiting to be played.

I sincerely hope they don't put up a deal on Alice or something soon, or I'm sure I'll buy it, too. Now I've gotten Bulletstorm and Red Faction, and I'd have gotten NFS:HP had it been in stock. Ugh... I've still got games I bought from Gamefly last year on sale that I've never played... Damn you Singularity. Damn you.

[quote name='Dunvane']Well, I bought Red Faction after looking at the "checkout" button with trepidation for about 20 minutes. I just wish I had time to play these games I keep buying. Thank god Two Worlds was out of stock or I'd have bought it, too. I already have a sealed Dead Space 2 sitting on the shelf waiting to be played.

I sincerely hope they don't put up a deal on Alice or something soon, or I'm sure I'll buy it, too. Now I've gotten Bulletstorm and Red Faction, and I'd have gotten NFS:HP had it been in stock. Ugh... I've still got games I bought from Gamefly last year on sale that I've never played... Damn you Singularity. Damn you.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I am really hoping for an awesome deal on Alice. That or LBP2. Been looking for big drops on those games for awhile now.

For $10 Red Faction was pretty decent. A lot more linear than the previous Red Faction game, but had a nice assortment of enemies and guns (the ability to rebuild blownup/damaged items was the main highlight). My only gripe was the fact of it being pretty linear and fairly short single player campaign (beat it in 6 hours).

I have a question for you gamefly guru's. I ordered spiderman on a new account lost info on old one from 4-5 years ago. The game shipped fine now the DNF i ordered 2 days ago? failed to charge my card and got a exception. It says to update my credit card but when i do it says credit card already on file. They seemed to also merge my old account with this one cause it has my old address as default now and credit card for DNF is my old credit card. Shocking cause email shows current address and credit card when i ordered. So question is not what do i do there email support is a joke and they hungup on me yesterday so if i can fix without there stinking support help that be great.

Debating on Dead Space 2. I'm not really into horror games - my only game time is at night after my wife and kids go to bed. So I normally play in the dark, with headphones on -- i.e. the perfect storm to be freaked out.

I do enjoy a good story though - so I'd like to play through it from that perspective. For those that have played it -- will this game make me piss myself, or is it worth pushing through to experience the game?

[quote name='Dysheekie']Debating on Dead Space 2. I'm not really into horror games - my only game time is at night after my wife and kids go to bed. So I normally play in the dark, with headphones on -- i.e. the perfect storm to be freaked out.

I do enjoy a good story though - so I'd like to play through it from that perspective. For those that have played it -- will this game make me piss myself, or is it worth pushing through to experience the game?[/QUOTE]

I'm looking foward to playing it on Halloween night with my friends lol

[quote name='Dysheekie']Debating on Dead Space 2. I'm not really into horror games - my only game time is at night after my wife and kids go to bed. So I normally play in the dark, with headphones on -- i.e. the perfect storm to be freaked out.

I do enjoy a good story though - so I'd like to play through it from that perspective. For those that have played it -- will this game make me piss myself, or is it worth pushing through to experience the game?[/QUOTE]

I didn't find it very frighting, but then again I usually don't find games scary.

Having Red Faction in my checkout at the moment, but mostly keep debating if I wouldn't rather wait out for some deals I'm more interested in than jump on this one.

Will the PS3 version of Dead Space come back in stock or are these things dead when they are out?

Don't know what has happened previously

[quote name='WV Matsui']Will the PS3 version of Dead Space come back in stock or are these things dead when they are out?

Don't know what has happened previously[/QUOTE]

You could read some of the prior 71 pages worth of posts and use context clues to figure it out.

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']In for Red Faction. I must have played that simple 20 minute demo 15 times. So pumped I finally got it! Thanks again Cheapy![/QUOTE]

Me too LOL

Dead Space 1 had a pretty good story and scared the shit out of me on a nightly basis to the point where I started thinking why am I doing this to myself on purpose. Of course I just picked up Dead Space 2.

P.S. I'm a huge pussy so factor that in.

[quote name='Dunvane']You could read some of the prior 71 pages worth of posts and use context clues to figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks!

I guess this thread is not to helpful just like GF is. I will ignore GF for another 4-5 years even if the prices are real nice. This company is like a mini me version of gamestop but with worst CS which is hard to believe.

/me drops a banana peel as he closes the door.

[quote name='Javery']Dead Space 1 had a pretty good story and scared the shit out of me on a nightly basis to the point where I started thinking why am I doing this to myself on purpose. Of course I just picked up Dead Space 2.

P.S. I'm a huge pussy so factor that in.[/QUOTE]

Both DS1 and DS2 scared the shit out of me. Of course, my wife also calls me a pussy, so go figure! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back