GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KneeKnee']Did you try online? Is there somewhat of a community? I'm waiting on my copy, and would like to at least sample the competitive.[/QUOTE]

The online is still fairly active.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Did you try online? Is there somewhat of a community? I'm waiting on my copy, and would like to at least sample the competitive.[/QUOTE]

I don't care all that much for online gaming unless I've got someone specific to do it with, with Halo sometimes being the exception. I love co-op stuff, but most multiplayer games don't appeal to me (partly cause most of the games I buy are older and don't have that much of a community any more).

I received my copies of Red Faction and Dead Space 2 today. Everything is in great shape, with the exception of a few minor scratches on the DS2 discs.

Thanks for posting these great deals!

Now I just need to finish the original Dead Space and start part 2.

I ordered Kinectimals, JoyRide, Homefront, Duke Nukem, and Singularity, and have recieved none of them. :cry: Live in the southeast US so maybe there isnt a shipping center close enough. Great deals though and I'm sure they will get here eventually:applause:

Any chance that any of these deals come back around? I'd like to get my hands on NFS:HP for 10 bucks

Received Two Worlds 2 and Red Faction today. I'm happy with the prices and the shipping speed but both of the discs are beat up and very noticeably scratched. This isn't a big deal so long as they play properly but I'm always surprised when people say they received their games in excellent condition - these are probably my 4th and 5th games from Gamefly and all have been in less than desirable condition.

[quote name='sunghost']Portal 2 (PS3) shipped on monday and I haven't received it yet. I guess I'll contact them if I don't receive it by next monday.[/QUOTE]

I mean it's only friday lol some of us haven't even received our spidermans yet

[quote name='gotdott']I mean it's only friday lol some of us haven't even received our spidermans yet[/QUOTE]

True, which is why I'm waiting until monday. The estimated delivery is 4-7 days right? I don't see any reason to wait past that.

[quote name='JP73']Any chance that any of these deals come back around? I'd like to get my hands on NFS:HP for 10 bucks[/QUOTE]

I hope they do, because I missed Castlevania. Wouldn't count on it though

[quote name='Moravagine']Received Two Worlds 2 and Red Faction today. I'm happy with the prices and the shipping speed but both of the discs are beat up and very noticeably scratched. This isn't a big deal so long as they play properly but I'm always surprised when people say they received their games in excellent condition - these are probably my 4th and 5th games from Gamefly and all have been in less than desirable condition.[/QUOTE]

It all depends. I assume they buy a certain amount of a certain game. For this explanation we'll use 6 discs named a-f.

They get somone that wants to rent said game so they send out game A. A day later another order for rental comes in so they send out B. Now game a gets sent back. The next order for rental would then get game A again. So unless they have 3 games rented at the same time then games A and B will get beat to crap, while C-F remain untouched and basically new.

In this illustration 4 out of 6 people that buy the game later will get virtually unused games ( games C-F in this case) and 2 people will get the beat up games (A and B).

Seems like you have just Been on the short end of the stick. Sorry for your bad luck. But my
Last game came in pristine and with an unused pass.

[quote name='gotdott']I mean it's only friday lol some of us haven't even received our spidermans yet[/QUOTE]

Yea no Spider-man in my mail today either so I contacted customer service through chat and they refunded me and I reordered it. Do you think if it actually shows up I'll get away with a free copy?

Glad to know I am not alone. I order a tons of games- Spiderman, Need for Speed, Dragon Age 2, Brink, Two Worlds 2, 2 others and so far got nothing.

I usually get the games in 2-4 days I have ordered many trimes before in the past. Wondering what is going on.

Woke up, went to my mailbox, Dead Space 2, Two Worlds 2, Dragon Age 2, and Dead Rising 2 were all waiting in my mailbox. Never had a problem with Gamefly shipping but I suppose living in LA it's easier to get from the distribution center to my apartment.

The best part? Although I played 5 minutes of Dead Rising 1 and about half of Dragon Age 2, I haven't officially beaten any of the original games and are going directly into the sequels.

[quote name='Rollinstone12']I ordered Kinectimals, JoyRide, Homefront, Duke Nukem, and Singularity, and have recieved none of them. :cry: Live in the southeast US so maybe there isnt a shipping center close enough. Great deals though and I'm sure they will get here eventually:applause:[/QUOTE]

I live in Alabama and it takes about 7 to 10 working days.. be patient it will show up.

[quote name='rollntider']I live in Alabama and it takes about 7 to 10 working days.. be patient it will show up.[/QUOTE]

7-10 business days? Oh, I thought it said 4-7 days when I ordered. Guess I should've waited before contacting customer service. Still waiting for Spidey from day one...:cry:

[quote name='Darthchi71']got Bulletstorm(ps3) in the mail today, absolutely flawless. looks new. im lookin forward to more deals![/QUOTE]

The PS3 games are always in excellent condition. But the Xbox games are all some kind scratched at least in my case.

Received Homefront today for 360. Looks great, can't beat that deal as I really enjoyed the demo and don't mind a short campaign.

Anyone have an issue with the PS3 Homefront battle code not working? Says code isn't correct or isn't valid. Checked online and got a LOT of Google results with people having issues. Tried calling THQ and was on hold for over 30 minutes and no answer.

[quote name='Hamass']Woke up, went to my mailbox, Dead Space 2, Two Worlds 2, Dragon Age 2, and Dead Rising 2 were all waiting in my mailbox. Never had a problem with Gamefly shipping but I suppose living in LA it's easier to get from the distribution center to my apartment.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Socal and I haven't received any of my orders. Bulletstorm shipped on the 21st and nothing yet. I'm not worried about how fast I get the games. I just want to make sure I get them since I've had problems with the USPS in the past (in my area). Plus I have a total of 5 orders coming. Today would be the 8th day so I'm hoping something shows up.

[quote name='buster90']Glad to know I am not alone. I order a tons of games- Spiderman, Need for Speed, Dragon Age 2, Brink, Two Worlds 2, 2 others and so far got nothing.

I usually get the games in 2-4 days I have ordered many trimes before in the past. Wondering what is going on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mines more hit or miss, not as bad though. Ive gotten Spiderman, Two Worlds II and Red Faction Armaggedon, but still havent received Splatterhouse (which was before TWII or RFA) or Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Well it definitely pays off to order more than one game if you can. I have received both my Need for Speed:Hot Pursuit/Duke Nukem and my Red Faction:A and Two Worlds II packages before my single Homefront order. Everything looks good. Red Faction comes with a code for the Ruin content (costs $5) so that was nice. Like with most 360 discs there are visible wisps but they play fine. I will be interested in what they will do next week.

[quote name='Raven19x']This is why I'm no longer a GamFly subscriber. Slow as heck shipping![/QUOTE]

It depends on where you live. I live about 12 miles away from their LA hub and get things the next day. If you're in the middle of 2 shipping centers, yeah, it's probably going to take a few. But I think with these shipments they're getting a lot of orders in and are overloaded.

[quote name='emg28']I'm in Socal and I haven't received any of my orders. Bulletstorm shipped on the 21st and nothing yet. I'm not worried about how fast I get the games. I just want to make sure I get them since I've had problems with the USPS in the past (in my area). Plus I have a total of 5 orders coming. Today would be the 8th day so I'm hoping something shows up.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one it was confirmed shipped on the 22nd still nothing as of today. I don't have problems with USPS in my area though

9/22/2011 and 9/23/2011 I had games listed as shipped. Still not here yet. It never takes more than 4 or 5 days to get games from Gamefly. Are they using media mail now instead of regular mail? Isn't media mail a lot slower?

Well I just got an email back from customer support regarding my order of Spidey. They said there's no way it should've taken this long to get to me and that they believe it got lost in the mail. Issued me a refund. Sadly, that was the only game of these deals that had been on my list of games to play.

Lesson learned about Gamefly: order more than one game to get fast shipping, keep the one I want to play and flip the rest.

[quote name='KneeKnee']9/22/2011 and 9/23/2011 I had games listed as shipped. Still not here yet. It never takes more than 4 or 5 days to get games from Gamefly. Are they using media mail now instead of regular mail? Isn't media mail a lot slower?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, since video games do not fall under Media Mail restrictions. A company like gamefly would probably know that.

I order Fable 3 from the sale before these one days sales and it came in about 3 days after I ordered. Now Spidey which was shipped from the 21st STILL has not arrived. I chekced today. I placed a total of 8 orders and squat. I noticed they have not even been charged to my card yet all have shipped. This is starting to worry me.

To those waiting on games:

A couple of weeks ago I ordered MVC3 when they had it on sale. I almost always get my rented games in 2 to 4 days from shipping, but it took 9 or 10 in that case for some reason. I had reported it after 7 days, which they actually recommend doing in their FAQ, so had to withdraw my complaint. Oh, and I live in the South-East as well...

Not saying this will certainly be the case for everyone, but just saying don't be surprised if they do eventually come a little later than expected. ;)

Edit: OH, and the disk was in tip top shape, and the case was fine enough, aside from straggling plastic where they had obviously ripped it open in a hurry. XD

Got Homefront for 360 today and shipping for me is pretty fast and never more than 2 days at most, for me all my PS3 & 360 games I've gotten have been pretty much mint condition and look like they just came out of the wrap. Luckly I guess!.

[quote name='blackhole82']None of the games are showing up at the listed price for me. Dragon Age 2 says $12.99 and shows up at like $17.99 on the site.[/QUOTE]

These are one night deals from Wednesday night/Thursday morning. All the games have gone back to their regular prices.

Got my red faction and two worlds 2 today, it shipped 2 days from elmsworth PA, yet I still have not gotten my homefront. I am thinking whoever said that people who order 2+ games gets faster shipping was right.

I got my DNF today which means my Red Faction should be here tomorrow. The disc was obviously a rental but the case is beyond immaculate, which, for some weird reason, I care about more than the disc. It's still got the seal on it cut right down the middle.

Gamefly, shut up and take my money.

I've received all my order shipments from these deals. Most discs are in good condition, a couple have some scratches, and a couple have resurfacing swirls. However, one game came missing the disc completely. Great.

Still, with these prices, GameFly's got me hooked.

[quote name='dutch72']I got my Homefront yesterday and my NFS today. Both discs have some light scratches and both games included the unused codes.[/QUOTE]

edit: delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back