GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iwannadie']My ole lady has notice the games stacking up and all the padded envelopes in the main and was asking why I am buying so many damn games. I quickly told her they have all been around $10 and she nodded and said that was a great deal, winning.[/QUOTE]

Nice. My wife is getting suspicious as well. She has noticed my collection slowly growing and has yet to say anything yet. When she finally asks, I'll reply "That MAC Cosmetic collection seems to be growing as well." Haha! Winning! :applause:

[quote name='iwannadie']Without spoiling, how is the game play different? What game would the DLC closely compare to? I am tempted to buy the DLC even if it cost as much/more than the actual game ha.[/QUOTE]
I Don't know what game I'd compare the DLC to honestly, but it plays different from the main game for sure though. Mostly because Pigsy can only take 3 or so hits before dying (but can regenerate) and more emphasis on gunplay, stealth and gadgets. Platforming is way more light as it just uses grapple points, but there is still some platforming (and an AMAZING chase sequence). It took me awhile to get the hang of it, but once I did I had a blast with it. Not because gives some more back story, but the cut scenes, animation and some of the gameplay scenarios showed they weren't just doing some half assed cash in. About 3 hours, but I say highly worth it if you enjoyed the main game and want some more.

Wow I feel ripped off for buying Mafia II at $9.99 at Gamefly. LOVE their deals. Still salty about my Dead Space 2 for PS3 going OOS while checking out the other night :(

both of these games are good. Both don't do one thing better than any other but are good games. Just don't go into either expecting greatness

but both should be played. I really liked mafia 2 for its story but driving in between missions and a empty world kinds of hurts the game

enslaved has a good story but combat is weak along with platforming which is automatic

but for 9 bucks a piece must haves for sure

[quote name='Vezee']Nice. My wife is getting suspicious as well. She has noticed my collection slowly growing and has yet to say anything yet. When she finally asks, I'll reply "That MAC Cosmetic collection seems to be growing as well." Haha! Winning! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Ha! I approve. :applause:

[quote name='Fadeca']does gamefly usually include the original case? it just seems these deals are too good to be true[/QUOTE]
You obviously don't shop on CAG enough if this is enough to impress you, but yes they come in original case.

Got Mafia II for PS3, thought I heard it came with extra content. It does (if it comes with the code) but the extra content doesn't sound all that great and doesn't have trophies. Wish I could change to 360, but oh well. Guess I can live without long grass and pools of blood...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Got Mafia II for PS3, thought I heard it came with extra content. It does (if it comes with the code) but the extra content doesn't sound all that great and doesn't have trophies. Wish I could change to 360, but oh well. Guess I can live without long grass and pools of blood...[/QUOTE]

Did you know that massive bear studios did the ps3 port of mafia 2 ?
Yea i know ....

my gamefly order finally arrived after a wk and 2 days! This is some slow ass shipping, not only that there were CHIP EDGES around the disk. Wondering how the hell did this happened?

[quote name='sgr76']lol
lmao
rotfl
lml
hehe
hahaha
bwahahah

what?!?!?![/QUOTE]

I was running to dinner and didn't take a close look! Anyway, I sent them an email to cancel the individual game. My luck is they will cancel the whole thing.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Ugh, I mistakenly ordered Mafia 2 thinking it was LA Noire. I did pick up Enslaved finally though. I emailed them to take Mafia 2 off of the order so let's hope this doesn't get botched up.[/QUOTE]

This is a benny hill type of moment

[quote name='WormFOODx']I was running to dinner and didn't take a close look! Anyway, I sent them an email to cancel the individual game. My luck is they will cancel the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, they just cancel your order. They don't seem able to modify existing orders, I could be wrong though.

Ugh ended up biting on enslaved...mmm why do I get this feeling of remorse, don't get me wrong the game looks awesome but dang with all this spending :S
Also the Bulletstorm that I got is the limited edition, so what is the difference from the normal one, the online pass?

[quote name='WormFOODx']I was running to dinner and didn't take a close look! Anyway, I sent them an email to cancel the individual game. My luck is they will cancel the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

How can u confuse Mafia II with LA Noire? Is it because of the fedoras???

First time poster. Cheapy and the community thanks for this great site. Now for what has been a couple of epic weeks in sales from Gamefly and continuing. Here is what condition I got the items in for those still on the fence:

Duke Nukem Forever XB360 ... Minor scratches on disc but case and inserts in excellent condition
Two Worlds II PS3 ... Disc, case, and inserts in perfect condition
N4S: Hot Pursuit XB360 ... Minor scratches on disc but case and inserts in excellent condition
Fable III XB360 ... Disc, case, and inserts in perfect condition
Homefront XB360 ... Minor scratches on disc but case and inserts in excellent condition
Bulletstorm (Limited Edition) PS3 ... Disc, case, and inserts in perfect condition
Dead Space 2 XB360 ... Minor scratches on disc but case and inserts in excellent condition
Red Faction: Armageddon XB360 ... Minor scratches on disc but case and inserts in excellent condition
Dragon Age II PS3 ... Disc, case, and inserts in perfect condition
Singularity PS3 ... Still waiting (Shipping confirmed tonight)

Shipping has taken couple of days for multiple items and 4 to 5 days for single quantity purchases. PS3 games seem to be in better condition (in my experience) than majority of XB360 games. DLC was included with all games (have not verified if they are valid). So far I am satisfied with the overall quality and look forward to more of this (I know my wallet does not). Sorry for the long post and thanks again Cheapy and the gang. :)

[quote name='MrRosales']Hey is that tag up there about a Joe barbaro seriously a spoiler? What game is he from anyway?[/QUOTE]

That would be Mafia 2.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Ruin mode code expired in August already[/QUOTE]
I Put mine in last Saturday and it worked just fine. It also said it expired in August.

I got my Red Faction and NFS, both in pristine condition, but for some reason my copy of Splatterhouse got cancelled. Its probably for the best! Look at Gamefly recognizing my buying habits and not sending me the crap games I would not typically order.... I cannot pass up these friggin prices, even if my girl bitches everytime I get a package.

Enslaved was great! I got it NEW from Amazon a while back though (for $10) so I don't know how good this particular deal is but the game was pretty fun and definitely worth $10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not if you like good gameplay in games.

The combat is awful, the controls are awful, the platforming is awful.

I don't see what people like about it.

[quote name='LeapfrogLaggard'] Sent them the requisite e-mail detailing it, and was hoping for an easy swap for a "good" disc, but a few replies in this thread put me off. Has anyone else successfully traded out a bad disc for a good one at GameFly?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they do refunds only, no exchange. They said as much to me after a recent run-in with a damaged disc. On the plus side, the return/refund process could not have been easier: they sent a refund before I had even gotten the game packed up for return, and e-mailed me a pre-paid FedEx label.

[quote name='brewin']I got my Red Faction and NFS, both in pristine condition, but for some reason my copy of Splatterhouse got cancelled. Its probably for the best! Look at Gamefly recognizing my buying habits and not sending me the crap games I would not typically order.... I cannot pass up these friggin prices, even if my girl bitches everytime I get a package.[/QUOTE]

It was for the best...Splatterhouse sucks.

[quote name='whoknows']Not if you like good gameplay in games.

I don't see what people like about it.[/QUOTE]

All of that stuff is average (not awful) but the characters, the setting and the story make up for it. This game is definitely more than the sum of its parts. It's a B-/B game to me but for $10 it's worth playing.

[quote name='whoknows']Not if you like good gameplay in games.

I don't see what people like about it.[/QUOTE]

Good story. Great production values. Excellent animations. Great voice acting.

There was a lot to like about that game and I enjoyed it through the end. The game just has a lot of heart. You get the sense that the developer put a lot into it and I appreciated that. It's an interesting and unique world. Lots of developers won't take the risk of creating IP. IMO, the ones that do should be rewarded.

For $10, that game is a no-brainer to me.

[quote name='Javery']All of that stuff is average (not awful) but the characters, the setting and the story make up for it. This game is definitely more than the sum of its parts. It's a B-/B game to me but for $10 it's worth playing.[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on your tolerance for video game stories. Mine isn't so high, so what's left is repetitive and dull gameplay. I got it cheap a while back, played partway through and traded into amazon for a small profit, so I was fine with it. :) In short, if you like video game stories you might like Enslaved. If you don't, you won't like Enslaved.

[quote name='crunchewy']I guess it depends on your tolerance for video game stories. Mine isn't so high, so what's left is repetitive and dull gameplay. I got it cheap a while back, played partway through and traded into amazon for a small profit, so I was fine with it. :) In short, if you like video game stories you might like Enslaved. If you don't, you won't like Enslaved.[/QUOTE]

Who doesn't like stories in their games? No wonder we get the same fps garbage month after month.

What does Mafia 2 game come with? Is it GH edition with all DLCs or a regular game? Am I going to miss much if I buy and it turns out just a regular edition?

[quote name='Luxuria']/slap[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I don't love Enslaved, but it is miles ahead of Mafia II. Mafia II is such a waste considering all the rumors about cut features. The game that was left is mediocre at best.

Mafia 2 was one of my favorite games I played this last year. Ya the story lost it's footing a couple times, but it still captured the era(s) really well and the car customization was a neat touch. I would HIGHLY recommend it at this price.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Cod and madden zombies with short attention spans that who[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking too. I bet if it had some sort of death match mode more people would have liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back