GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Gamefly is really trying very hard to bankrupt me. I've essentially caught up on most of the purchases I have missed for 1-2 years. :lol:

[quote name='NismoZ32']I'm starting to see what you guys mean by eating at my wallet everyday.
Just in the course of about a week I've gotten:
Dead Rising 2 $10
Mafia 2 $8
Red Dead Redemption $13
Undead Nightmare $10
Assassins Creed Brotherhood $15.

Plus I bit on the Sims 3 for $15 deal from EA.
That's just $70 in about a week and there's more to come from Gamefly. I only make $250 on average every 2 weeks being an 18 year old working at a Gap lol. Well I'm happy regardless.[/QUOTE]

At least look at it this way, you could've spent $60 + tax on ONE game.

[quote name='therealdeal19']At least look at it this way, you could've spent $60 + tax on ONE game.[/QUOTE]

I've actually cancelled a couple of $60 preorders I had coming up so I could keep getting these deals. I figure at some point those will be here too, lol

crysis 2 is a fun sci-fi/stealth hybrid. it gets a little repetitive at times, but what FPS campaign doesnt. the customization mirrors a skill tree, but if you fight enough of the aliens, you dont really have to choose.

so what's the must buy Alan Wake price? Is it worth $13
Was hoping to see it for $10 but at $3 dollars more... is that really going to stop me from buying.... decisions decisions

Mmm I have some mixed feelings about Crysis 2, seems a lot of folks out there say it wasn't that good and what not. With all the purchases that I've been doing I gotta be very careful before ordering, which sucks

[quote name='therealdeal19']At least look at it this way, you could've spent $60 + tax on ONE game.[/QUOTE]

Oh defiantly. I'm not complaining at all. I'm actually happy that Gamefly is willing to give such great deals on a lot of games I've wanted and now I'll be happily backlogged for a long time.

I mean I just gotta start saving for college eventually as well as that I have a car I wanna get running still which if anyone even knows or has owned a 90's Nissan 300ZX, they should know parts aren't exactly cheap for it on my budget.

And no matter what, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT post these Gamefly deals on Slickdeals or any other similar sites. I've been seeing the deals here posted on Slickdeals everyday right after it's posted here, and that's a NO NO!!!

We want all of our CAG members to be able to get in on these deals before they are sold out. And copying and pasting our deals here onto Slickdeals will get them sold out before we get a chance to get in on these deals.

If those guys from the other sites want in on these deals, they will have to come here to CheapD's house for them??

Are we clear???

[quote name='fireman88']so what's the must buy Alan Wake price? Is it worth $13
Was hoping to see it for $10 but at $3 dollars more... is that really going to stop me from buying.... decisions decisions[/QUOTE]

Stop what you are doing and buy it right now

[quote name='Investor']And no matter what, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT post these Gamefly deals on Slickdeals or any other similar sites. I've been seeing the deals here posted on Slickdeals everyday right after it's posted here, and that's a NO NO!!!

We want all of our CAG members to be able to get in on these deals before they are sold out. And copying and pasting our deals here onto Slickdeals will get them sold out before we get a chance to get in on these deals.[/QUOTE]

Truth.

[quote name='Investor']And no matter what, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT post these Gamefly deals on Slickdeals or any other similar sites. I've been seeing the deals here posted on Slickdeals everyday right after it's posted here, and that's a NO NO!!!

We want all of our CAG members to be able to get in on these deals before they are sold out. And copying and pasting our deals here onto Slickdeals will get them sold out before we get a chance to get in on these deals.

If those guys from the other sites want in on these deals, they will have to come here to CheapD's house for them.[/QUOTE]

Too late, it's already been posted there. Saw it there about 15 minutes ago.

If those guys from the other sites want in on these deals, they will have to come here to CheapD's house for them.[/QUOTE]

to bad someone already has a post there

We want all of our CAG members to be able to get in on these deals before they are sold out. And copying and pasting our deals here onto Slickdeals will get them sold out before we get a chance to get in on these deals.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed some Negitivity towards slickdeals from some cag members since I've joined cag. Is it really that bad ? I've never used that site before

Well decision made on Alan Wake... found it on Amazon warehouse like new for $11.99... was interested in some other stuff anyways... so Gamefly U came close to claiming my money... just missed by a dollar

[quote name='fireman88']Well decision made on Alan Wake... found it on Amazon warehouse like new for $11.99... was interested in some other stuff anyways... so Gamefly U came close to claiming my money... just missed by a dollar[/QUOTE]

Cheap ass

[quote name='fireman88']Well decision made on Alan Wake... found it on Amazon warehouse like new for $11.99... was interested in some other stuff anyways... so Gamefly U came close to claiming my money... just missed by a dollar[/QUOTE]

You will not be disappointed

[quote name='strait edge follower']I've noticed some Negitivity towards slickdeals from some cag members since I've joined cag. Is it really that bad ? I've never used that site before[/QUOTE]

It's good in the sense they do have some killer non-game-related deals, but it's a brutal site. There is really no empathy and an every-man-for-himself mentality, not to mention the hoarders that come out of the woodwork. I was a member there for 3 years before a post over there pointed me to this site and I haven't looked back.:D

[quote name='strait edge follower']I've noticed some Negitivity towards slickdeals from some cag members since I've joined cag. Is it really that bad ? I've never used that site before[/QUOTE]
In all honesty, some of the people on this site are just as bad as Slickdeal members with all the constant hoarding to flip. There really isn't too much difference outside of just CAG's believing that we're either better then them or we have some kinda more noble cause (CAG >>>>>>>>> SD kinda thing). Though good majority of us do just buy a copy JUST to game. Something on those lines. Eitherway I kinda just say meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']In all honesty, some of the people on this site are just as bad as Slickdeal members with all the constant hoarding to flip. There really isn't too much difference outside of just CAG's believing that we're either better then them or we have some kinda more noble cause (CAG >>>>>>>>> SD kinda thing). That or some of us actually do just buy a copy JUST to game. Something on those lines. Eitherway I kinda just say meh.[/QUOTE]

Yah, there are some like that on CAG - but they are the exception rather than the rule. Hoarding and re-selling are the name of the game at Slickdeals. They ruin a lot of awesome deals by buying 10 copies of a game so they can ebay 9.

In all honesty, some of the people on this site are just as bad as Slickdeal members with all the constant hoarding to flip.

Key word: SOME. Obviously CAG has its own share of flippers/hoarders/lurkers/prize pigs/etc. but I'd argue that the ratio of those types to actual gamers is alot less here than on SD.

[quote name='iamsmart']Key word: SOME. Obviously CAG has its own share of flippers/hoarders/lurkers/prize pigs/etc. but I'd argue that the ratio of those types to actual gamers is alot less here than on SD.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, rereading what I said I kinda sucked at emphasizing that (I'm just waking up), but still we do have some people who buy multiples for profit or trading credit fodder. I'm not saying anyone is an evil jerk here or anything, just that we do have some hoarders here too so all our track records aren't clean here.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I hope this crysis 2 deal returns soon so I can get it next time[/QUOTE]
You literally seem to have the worse luck of anyone to getting that game cheap.

[quote name='bardockkun']You literally seem to have the worse luck of anyone to getting that game cheap.[/QUOTE]

This is so true my friend. from the penny thing to this it just gets worse

I kind of want ACB, but I haven't played the first and only played through half of the 2nd. Do you need to play the 2nd or first to know whats going on to follow the plot?

[quote name='stageman12']My Mafia 2 :360: arrived today in pristine condition... impressed for a first-time order from them...[/QUOTE]

Hoping my Mafia 2 PS3 arrives today, it said it shipped on Tuesday. Interested to see the condition since I've never ordered from GF before, but these deals have been solid...

Crysis 2 is back in stock for $15 w/free shipping if you want it....just grabbed one for 360:), talking about massive backlog keep growing that is mine as I bought 5 games since this thread open and sure that won't quit anytime soon as always looking for deals on games I need!.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I kind of want ACB, but I haven't played the first and only played through half of the 2nd. Do you need to play the 2nd or first to know whats going on to follow the plot?[/QUOTE]
Brotherhood takes place literally after the second game so really all you need to play and beat is the second game and you're good. Otherwise it really makes little reference to Assassin's Creed one in Brotherhood.

[quote name='bardockkun']Brotherhood takes place literally after the second game so really all you need to play and beat is the second game and you're good. Otherwise it really makes little to no reference to Assassin's Creed one in Brotherhood.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Can't really say no to $15, had my eye on it for a while. I'm in for Crysis 2 and Brotherhood.

Alan Wake was such an amazing gaming experience for me -- i played it when i was caring for a sick relative on the Oregon coast during a rainy winter, which fit in perfectly with the atmosphere of the game. That game has really stuck with me as a result.

However you might have been better off sticking with the Gamefly order -- even though it was a dollar more, your chances of getting the code that came inside the game is higher at GF than it is on AWD (at least in my experience). The Alan Wake code nets you one or two downloadable segments. Granted they are cheap DLC anyway -- i bought them for a couple bucks during a recent XBLA sale.

I"m glad Crysis 2 came back in stock! I never got my $0.01 order from AWD, but i don't mind paying $14.99 more for it here as I've been wantintg to play this for a while. Funny that i couldn't pull the trigger at KZ3 for $15 but had no problem saying yes to Crysis 2.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Thanks. Can't really say no to $15, had my eye on it for a while. I'm in for Crysis 2 and Brotherhood.[/QUOTE]
Actually thinking more about the story you do see Altiar from the first game in a few short burst sequences, but it more so leads to Assassin's Creed: Revelations as opposed to bringing up the first game. Just to better clarify, but really you should be fine either way.

[quote name='myka22']Nice deals, but I will pass for now. I feel like I should play the original Crysis first.[/QUOTE]

i think i saw it up on the xbox dashboard for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back