GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shredsofsanity']You know what? Duke is fun as hell for a $10 game. Yay for nostalgia.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, in my opinion the ratings that reviewers gave it did not give it justice. I've definitely played worse games this generation to say the least.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Haven't played the first one yet but the second one was beyond horrible ! The boss fights were the pits (lmao @ magic man). To make it worse I played through the ps3 version which was one of the worst ports ever. There were loads of problems with the sound where you would near snap crackle pop sounds in the background at times.[/QUOTE]

I played both on 360, so I don't know if the first one has any issues on the PS3. But the first game is absolutely superior to the second in terms of atmosphere, acting, and story. Play it at night with a good sound system, that game totally had me on edge!

Another plus of the first game: no tacked on BS multiplayer! Also Matt Parkman from 'Heroes' is the voice of Ethan in that one.

Not sure if there is a warehouse near me(I live in Lancaster, PA) but I ordered Red Dead Redemption last Wednesday night and received the game yesterday. Considering they couldn't ship it until at least Thursday and Monday was a holiday I think that's pretty quick.

[quote name='blazenumb1']Not sure if there is a warehouse near me(I live in Lancaster, PA) but I ordered Red Dead Redemption last Wednesday night and received the game yesterday. Considering they couldn't ship it until at least Thursday and Monday was a holiday I think that's pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

There's a shipping center in Pittsburgh, so you're in a pretty good position. Figures I didn't sign up for Gamefly until I moved out of the city. I'm in Georgia now, and the Florida shipping center usually gets things here in two days.

[quote name='Jcole432']Agreed, in my opinion the ratings that reviewers gave it did not give it justice. I've definitely played worse games this generation to say the least.[/QUOTE]

I am a fan of old-school sci-fi shooters shooters. These modern warfare ones are running their course.

[quote name='IanKazimer']There's a shipping center in Pittsburgh, so you're in a pretty good position. Figures I didn't sign up for Gamefly until I moved out of the city. I'm in Georgia now, and the Florida shipping center usually gets things here in two days.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know, thanks!

[quote name='Jcole432']Agreed, in my opinion the ratings that reviewers gave it did not give it justice. I've definitely played worse games this generation to say the least.[/QUOTE]

I think it is because that the fun factor comes from nostalgia. The game is outdated graphics wise, gameplay has a 90s style which for most isn't their cup of tea anymore, no real challenge, weapons are just alright.

Duke used to be edgy because no other games (or very few) had half naked/naked women running around as you said some raunchy one liners and acted like Rambo. There's been too many games that jumped on that bandwagon and has since made duke type style worn out.

Did I have fun with duke, yeh. But when I take a step back and look at why, I really only see me having as much fun as I did because I was remembering the past. It wasn't as horrible as everyone has claimed, but you have to give some leeway when the anticipation built for what 14 years?

I don't own the game anymore so here's someone a code for the Hail to the Icons Parody Pack DLC for the 360 version of Duke: YHFM6-9HR3C-4D7QF-WQ6P9-DQCKZ

You have to keep in mind that the reviewers are giving a recommendation as to whether or not to buy a $60 game, not a $10 game at a Gamefly yard sale.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']You have to keep in mind that the reviewers are giving a recommendation as to whether or not to buy a $60 game, not a $10 game at a Gamefly yard sale.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm sure I will enjoy DNF when I get around to playing it. I've had a blast with Bulletstorm, Homefront, and Red Faction: Armageddon. They were all well worth their Gamefly asking price. :)

[quote name='danstabbingworth']You have to keep in mind that the reviewers are giving a recommendation as to whether or not to buy a $60 game, not a $10 game at a Gamefly yard sale.[/QUOTE]

Oh absolutely, I just personally felt that reviewers were tough on it because they expected it to be an amazing game because of it's time of development and such. In no way should DNF be considered a $60 game, but it really isn't as bad as what a lot of people have made it out to be.

Are we getting new deals tonight? I need to know so I can deduct a certain amount of money from my food budget. @.@

[quote name='samaside']Are we getting new deals tonight? I need to know so I can deduct a certain amount of money from my food budget. @.@[/QUOTE]

Yes, Cheapy confirmed there would be new deals tonight. get ur card ready!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yes, Cheapy confirmed there would be new deals tonight. get ur card ready![/QUOTE]

Pfft my cars is on file there... Sadly...

Also with all the deals lately I have memorized my 4 CC #. That bad?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Pfft my cars is on file there... Sadly...

Also with all the deals lately I have memorized my CC #. That bad?[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'd say that's a good number to have down, actually. I've been memorizing mine for years.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Haha, I'd say that's a good number to have down, actually. I've been memorizing mine for years.[/QUOTE]

I have all 4 of mine memorized, I just get the CCV numbers confused, also soc, DL and passport. My mind seems to work easily with numbers. Ask me grammar questions and I'm screwed.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Pfft my cars is on file there... Sadly...

Also with all the deals lately I have memorized my CC #. That bad?[/QUOTE]

funny thig is once I started using CAG, I had all my CC #'s memorized also :lol:

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']Received my Crysis 2 Limited Edition for PS3 in the mail today in perfect condition![/QUOTE]

Got my copy in as well. Odd it had some shrink wrap on it still. But I shouldn't be complaining. :applause:

Got Dead Space 2 finally. It's the first game from these sales that didn't look pristine (1 out of 10 aint bad), but it only has a small scratch on it. The disc was loose in the case so I'm guessing thats what did it. I don't think it will cause any problems with game play though. These sales are great. Hoping for LA Noire and Heavy Rain for under 15 bux tonight.

[quote name='chicomandell']Got Dead Space 2 finally. It's the first game from these sales that didn't look pristine (1 out of 10 aint bad), but it only has a small scratch on it. The disc was loose in the case so I'm guessing thats what did it. I don't think it will cause any problems with game play though. These sales are great. Hoping for LA Noire and Heavy Rain for under 15 bux tonight.[/QUOTE]

PS3 or Xbox?

Here's to hoping for any of these:
F.E.A.R 3
L.A. Noire
Shadows of the Damned
Alice: Madness Returns
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed
Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet 2
Infamous 2
Naughty Bear

I have a lot more wants I'm sure, I just can't think of them off the top of my head. Or at least I've checked and know they don't have enough in stock for a sale/it's to old of a game.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Infamous 2 is one of the few games out there that I could honestly say was worth 59.99[/QUOTE]

i heard it was awesome. first one rocked, especially being free.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Mass Effect 2 for PS3 $12.99 please.[/QUOTE]

Lol I would love to buy it at work for $20 new with my discount. But I would kick myself if it went on sale even for $10 this week.

[quote name='Darthchi71']i heard it was awesome. first one rocked, especially being free.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Infamous 2 kicks ass and was worth full price. It improved on the first game greatly and was an all around better experience. I mean who doesn't like ice jumping around a city like new marais? :D

also hurry up 8:00 I need to give gamefly more money D:

Wallet is ready, received AC:Brotherhood today along with RDRUN. Brotherhoods booklet is not even a book its just a folded pieced of paper with some basic instructions... was anything else supposed to be in there? Or am I all set?

[quote name='VegaTheChosen']Wallet is ready, received AC:Brotherhood today along with RDRUN. Brotherhoods booklet is not even a book its just a folded pieced of paper with some basic instructions... was anything else supposed to be in there? Or am I all set?[/QUOTE]
Should be all set. I Believe this was Ubisoft's green initiative with taking booklets out from now and just putting the instructions via in game in the options.

[quote name='bardockkun']Should be all set. I Believe this was Ubisoft's green initiative with taking booklets out from now and just putting the instructions via in game in the options.[/QUOTE]

ive noticed alot of games are starting to do that now. In game manuals. i think EA too? i dont think my ncaa 12 came with a regular manual.

im leavin town on saturday for 3 weeks. so heres to hoping theres a good sale tonight.

Killzone 3 came in today. Surprisingly, one of the plastic things ( that's above the manual ) was broken off in a circular fashion. First time I've seen a case broken from GF. Actually, first time I've ever seen this plastic thing in any of my PS3 games. Must be for KZ3 only.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Knowing my luck it would be the glitched gold edition...[/QUOTE]

The gold edition is glitched? Care to tell me what's wrong with it? I'd like to know considering I was thinking of picking a used copy up off Amazon so I could just have all the DLC and calm my obsession to have special edition version of games. Though if it's glitched badly then it's a no brainer to get the normal edition for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back