GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of weird things are happening with the Post Office right now. They are about to lose some 120,000 jobs, and they are just not dependable, nor do they care, anymore. My Bulletstorm and Homefront took 11 days to arrive. I was beginning to think that the Post Office had returned mine too before them arrived. And when they did come in, both discs were lose and moving around throughout the shipping process. It was as if the Postman was squeezing the packages to see what was inside of them and knocked all the discs out of their spindle holder. They had a lot of fine scratches on them.

You should ask Gamefly to honor the original deal, and see what they say. Good luck!

Both Bulletstorm and Homefront came with their online codes.

[quote name='buster90']Meh...kinda pissed at Gamefly. I ordered Test Drive 2 and never got my order. I contacted them and they said my order was returned to them and they will give me a credit and if I wanted the game to reorder. LOL..the game increased $5 plus shipping. That is not going to happen.

Don't know why the idiots at the post office sent it back I ordered 10 other orders from Gamefly recently with the same dang address!

This happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']I missed Cheapys post yesterday, by chance did he mention when new sales would be? TIA[/QUOTE]

He said there would be more today.

With no Buy It Alerts it basically becomes a crapshoot to get in on a new batch of the games. I bet there are people just sitting on the page refreshing for hours until they get to buy it immediately. Amazing how quickly MvC is selling out though, its almost impossible for anyone here to get in on the deal.

P.S. I wonder what today's deal will have? Anything good or another crappy Nightly Deal?

I think MvC 3 sold out in less then a hour after going online. I have not had any luck with these deals, even lost a few while I was in the middle of checking out, but I did get lucky with Crysis 2.

Has the word just gotten out, or are there people stealing the info here to post on other deal sites? Anyway, it's now becoming almost impossible to get in on there deals unless you are a on the minute page refresher waiting for the deals to go live.

IF only I didn't have a job...well then of course I would have no way of supporting my game collecting hobby :lol:

That's because someone here (a MOD maybe) is posting all these deals on Slickdeals 1 minute after they are posted here.

Never, never post these deals on any other site!!! At the very least, don't post them right afterward. Give the CAG members here at least an hour or two head-start before posting on Slickdeals.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']With no Buy It Alerts it basically becomes a crapshoot to get in on a new batch of the games. I bet there are people just sitting on the page refreshing for hours until they get to buy it immediately. Amazing how quickly MvC is selling out though, its almost impossible for anyone here to get in on the deals here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']That's because someone here (a MOD maybe) is posting all these deals on Slickdeals 1 minute after they are posted here.

Never, never post these deals on any other site!!! At the very least, don't post them right afterward. Give the CAG members here at least an hour or two head-start before posting on Slickdeals.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that... and for what? 'reps'? I don't get it... it's like they steal the deals from this site to impress those on other sites?

i just noticed all 3 games (ps3) i've received from gamefly thus far have chipped/sharp edges along the disc. i've never noticed this on any of my other game discs, so i was wondering will these discs damage the ps3? will the ps3 end up doing the same to other game discs? i noticed it starting to happen to fist of the north star (which i coincidentally played after the gamefly games but admittedly never noticed it before)
so i am wondering if it was caused by the ps3 post-gamefly games or if i'm being paranoid altogether. as great as these gamefly deals are, i can't justify breaking my ps3 or other games i own. any info would be appreciated. thanks.

Yeah I really don't see any reason to post these on slickdeals immediately. CAGs should definitely be taken care of first.

I highly highly doubt that the chipped edges on the discs would damage your PS3...if they play successfully they shouldn't be hurting the system. On a sidenote though, they must not be chipped/sharp very extremely otherwise they wouldn't even play?

P.S. I agree about the whole CAG to Slickdeals thing. If they were so interested in the Gamefly deals they would have their own thread like we do over here. I don't hate SD but CAG is putting in solid work to get the latest updates of the sale to us.

I've had that on some of my PS3 discs as well and I'm assuming it's from resurfacing.

Edit: There's been a restocking! Grab the games while you can.

I hope friday they have another "graveyard" sale and I can get a chance to get some the old deals again...I missed spidey and singularity

[quote name='akareem27']I hope friday they have another "graveyard" sale and I can get a chance to get some the old deals again...I missed spidey and singularity[/QUOTE]

Same here, it's easier on my wallet since I have about 95% of the games featured on Gamefly (thanks to Gamefly.) I still really want Spidey, which is the only game I missed, didn't own, and wanted.

About five minutes for it to run out. Wow, what a quick sellout. Wouldn't be surprised to see this deal brought back though, they are raking in the dough on that one.

People on CAG will keep these games 9 times out of 10 or at least trade them to other CAGs. The ones that DO flip, do so for other games.

The ones at SD will buy 10-15 of these at a time and put them on eBay to make a quick buck or two. I'm all for making a profit when people are willing to pay premium, but I also think it's ridiculous to buy all someone has of something constantly when I know there are others out there who are wanting it.

[quote name='Finishoff']And out of stock now.[/QUOTE]

Someone saw that they posted in stock on here and posted it was in stock on SD...

*puts the tin foil hat on*

I can agree with that mr_bungle, I'm all for making a profit as well but taking a whole supply of something just to flip it doesn't quite seem 100% right. SD people flip EVERYTHING, whereas CAG people keep/trade everything. Odd how such similar communities function in such different ways.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Someone saw that they posted in stock on here and posted it was in stock on SD...

*puts the tin foil hat on*[/QUOTE]

*shhhh* We have an inside man leaking our secrets boys. Who's the rat!?:boxing:

I managed to grab a copy of MVC3 on PS3.

I checked a few minutes after I rolled out of bed for the hell of it and it was in stock. So score.

Thekrakrabbit. I sympathize with you, dude. I know how that feels. Just think of it as an auspicious event that you were unable to get this version. Maybe the Ultimate version is calling your name, and hopefully, in the near future.

Hear hear! I have purchased over 50+ :ps3: and :360: games since last Thanksgiving, and I have never trade or sell them to anyone. I keep all my games. Always have, and I'm quite an old-timer.

[quote name='mr_bungle']People on CAG will keep these games 9 times out of 10 or at least trade them to other CAGs. The ones that DO flip, do so for other games.

The ones at SD will buy 10-15 of these at a time and put them on eBay to make a quick buck or two. I'm all for making a profit when people are willing to pay premium, but I also think it's ridiculous to buy all someone has of something constantly when I know there are others out there who are wanting it.[/QUOTE]

Still no luck here, but I'm Glad some of guys are managing to grab one.

I also think it's mostly the mass buyers that do this for profit that are screwing us hobby buyers out of these deals.

You guys are fools. The Gamefly deals posted on cheapassgamer, are all coming from the Gamefly twitter feed. The order they are posted on cheapassgamer are in the same order that the deals were posted on Twitter. Slickdeals has just as much right to these games as you guys do. Welcome to the internet.

Hope you guys get the games that you want from this sale. It sucks to try to buy it only to see that site you are shopping at flip you the bird and say "out of stock". its happened to me a few times so I feel your pain.

Didn't expect MVC 3 to become so rare so quickly. Glad I snagged my two copies last night and they already shipped this morning so thats fast. Hopefully they shipped from Gameflys Tampa center since I live in Tampa XD

[quote name='Investor']Hear hear! I have purchased over 50+ :ps3: and :360: games since last Thanksgiving, and I have never trade or sell them to anyone. I keep all my games. Always have, and I'm quite an old-timer.[/QUOTE]

I used to be that way, bu then I had an atari with 20+ games, a nintendo with 150+ games (everyone kept giving me their old games), a nintendo with 30+ games, Saturn, genesis, dreamcast etc etc.

Most just sat there collecting dust 99% of the time.

The dominos started falling in selling them all when I found out what some of my games were worth. $100 for chrono trigger and $50 for FF2 and FF3 along with various $10 games here and there.

Luckily about 8 months later they ported those games to PS1. Those were the 3 games that I would play about every 6 months.

[quote name='mr_bungle']People on CAG will keep these games 9 times out of 10 or at least trade them to other CAGs. The ones that DO flip, do so for other games.

The ones at SD will buy 10-15 of these at a time and put them on eBay to make a quick buck or two. I'm all for making a profit when people are willing to pay premium, but I also think it's ridiculous to buy all someone has of something constantly when I know there are others out there who are wanting it.[/QUOTE]
There's making a buck and then there's making a good amount. If I'm not making a good amount on something, then I won't even bother. But some people will just buy/flip to pad their eBay/Amazon rating by selling for the lowest price that still makes them a nominal profit.

But yeah, you're right about some flippers only doing so for other games. Thanks to my trade-ins recently I can actually buy 3 games at full MSRP and at least a couple GH titles(or a ton of AWD titles;)) if I so choose to. But chances are I'll just wait for price drops(or the aforementioned AWD copies to show up).
[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I can agree with that mr_bungle, I'm all for making a profit as well but taking a whole supply of something just to flip it doesn't quite seem 100% right. SD people flip EVERYTHING, whereas CAG people keep/trade everything. Odd how such similar communities function in such different ways.[/QUOTE]
Actually I've always sorta leaned towards the SD mentality on things, even before I was a CAG. If something is cheap enough and I think I can make a buck on it, I'll buy it. Although before the rise of CAG/SD/FW it seemed like I only had to worry about employees grabbing up deals. Otherwise I would see the same clearanced games at Kmart till they either sold out or they had to send them back or whatever.

I only keep the games in my collection that have no chance of being profitable if I go to trade them in anymore. Otherwise as soon as I'm done with a game it goes off to either Amazon/Best Buy or wherever anymore. What's worse is as of late I've been just using YouTube to see the endings of some games that I've been afraid would drop in value before I could offload them.:cry: It sucks not finishing the game yourself, yet that's the price you pay when you try to work the volatile used market and trade in before they drop.

[quote name='iamnick']You guys are fools. The Gamefly deals posted on cheapassgamer, are all coming from the Gamefly twitter feed. The order they are posted on cheapassgamer are in the same order that the deals were posted on Twitter. Slickdeals has just as much right to these games as you guys do. Welcome to the internet.[/QUOTE]

No one said they couldn't buy them. It's just the fact that they buy multiples just to resell thus screwing us out of a good deal.

Damn, I saw MvC3 was the deal last night and it took until this morning to talk myself into buying it even though I'm not a huge fighting game fan. Luckily it's out of stock so I saved myself $10 for the next deal.

Along with the twitter feed as others have mentioned, gamefly also posts the deals on their facebook page. That's how I've jumped on a few of the deals lately.

To me MvC3 is worth 10 bux, even if there is no one to play online. I usually only play fighting games for a hour or so at a time before they get boring, so either against the CPU or against a buddy in person it will be good enough. I loved MvC2 so looking forward to playing this one. Besides, I usually get my butt kicked online anyways so probably not a bad thing. :)

[quote name='joeyshadows']No one said they couldn't buy them. It's just the fact that they buy multiples just to resell thus screwing us out of a good deal.[/QUOTE]

While I have no love for SD. You might want to look at all the Cags grabbing multiple to flip to best buy.

Obviously flipping is what is frowned upon, not SD as a website but I think there is a sterotype that people on SD have a habit of super flipping whereas "most" CAGs tend to buy games to play and enjoy. Of course there are many exceptions both ways though.

Flip trading is different then "selling". I think that is the difference here. Most flips are at a limit of 2-3 per title. Where SDers are more about selling the games flat out which has no max. Besides aren't we blaming the wrong people anyway? If a company is selling games to a few customers who buy them up in bulk vs piece meal to attract and hold customers then that is their right and business decision. I don't think that is the case here because doesn't GF have a limit of each title you can buy? If so these small amounts that people are maxing out is of no real consequence.

Yes I have been the blamer as well but it depends on the circumstance and the behavior behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']While I have no love for SD. You might want to look at all the Cags grabbing multiple to flip to best buy.[/QUOTE]
I second that. The Best Buy Trade thread is a big example at seeing that. People here abused things like a blantantly obvious highly flippable title like MvC3 i.e. $15 profit/copy.

The difference as it stands today between the two sites is this... bigger userbase and focuses on more than just video games. Beyond that, people abuse deals/flip items at both sites.

[quote name='lordopus99']I second that. The Best Buy Trade thread is a big example at seeing that. People here abused things like a blantantly obvious highly flippable title like MvC3 i.e. $15 profit/copy.

The difference as it stands today between the two sites is this... bigger userbase and focuses on more than just video games. Beyond that, people abuse deals/flip items at both sites.[/QUOTE]

I changed my mind/ways on this subject.
You see you use the words "Best Buy Trade thread" then go on to say people abuse it by trading in games that offer the highest ROI or for CAGS.. ROGB Return On Gamer Bucks. How is that abuse? There is a max you can trade in which is 3 of ea. title/console.

As long as there isn't the bragging about a flip or deal withut the sharing of said flip/deal then what is the problem exactly?

Like I said earlier as well doesn't gamefly have a max you can buy for each title (2 I think)?

[quote name='lordopus99']I second that. The Best Buy Trade thread is a big example at seeing that. People here abused things like a blantantly obvious highly flippable title like MvC3 i.e. $15 profit/copy.

The difference as it stands today between the two sites is this... bigger userbase and focuses on more than just video games. Beyond that, people abuse deals/flip items at both sites.[/QUOTE]
Yes. While SD may have almost a million users(according to the count at the top of the page on there), what percentage of them are lurkers?

I found a page here on CAG that gives the stats for number of users versus number of "active" members. I don't know what constitutes an active member, but the numbers went a lil like this(total members # has been rounded down, total active members has been rounded up from 29k).

300,000 members
30,000 "active"

So that means that 90% of registered users on here are inactive or just lurk/don't post. But if those lurkers or near lurkers do post, then they only do so to tell people to stop going OT and that's only because they don't wanna have to read more than just the deal posts because that's all they want. They don't wanna be friendly and converse with other forum users, they just want the deals and only the deals.

stay-on-topic-stay-on-topic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back