GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered MLB 11 The Show...when was it...2 nights ago? Never had Gamefly take more than a day or so to get a game shipped out. Still waiting to hear back on this one.

Okay, I really hope I'm not asking a newb question, but please bear with me if I am...

TAGS: catherine, deals, gamefly, golden sun, infamous 2, metro 2033, socom 4, used games

Wouldn't that generally indicate that these titles are applicable to the thread? Can someone do something about that? I got all excited because I thought Catherine went on sale again (I missed it the last time GF marked it down temporarily), but catherine is nowhere in this thread, nor is it marked down. And why on earth is Golden Sun tagged?

Sorry, trying not to get too ranty, just doesn't make a lick of sense to me...

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Ordered MLB 11 The Show...when was it...2 nights ago? Never had Gamefly take more than a day or so to get a game shipped out. Still waiting to hear back on this one.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it as well, and it shipped out immediately .... If it still hasn't shipped, you might want to consider contacting them

[quote name='HandsomeDan']Okay, I really hope I'm not asking a newb question, but please bear with me if I am...

TAGS: catherine, deals, gamefly, golden sun, infamous 2, metro 2033, socom 4, used games

Wouldn't that generally indicate that these titles are applicable to the thread? Can someone do something about that? I got all excited because I thought Catherine went on sale again (I missed it the last time GF marked it down temporarily), but catherine is nowhere in this thread, nor is it marked down. And why on earth is Golden Sun tagged?

Sorry, trying not to get too ranty, just doesn't make a lick of sense to me...[/QUOTE]

Previous deals in ongoing sales like this are usually stored under a "spoiler" type button (for just this situation), but I guess this thread got lazy. For these type of threads, always check the OP as well as the last couple pages of posts for the latest scoop on the deal.

There's your newb mulligan, you don't get another one.

Just popping in to mention that I got Catherine in today from last week's deal - as far as I'm concerned, it's brand new. Well done, Gamefly; 2/2 now as inFamous 2 was also in excellent shape. I would recommend their "used" games to anyone.

Oh, and btw, it was the normal cover rather than the "censored" version that everyone was fretting about.

[quote name='LagFighter']Just popping in to mention that I got Catherine in today from last week's deal - as far as I'm concerned, it's brand new. Well done, Gamefly; 2/2 now as inFamous 2 was also in excellent shape. I would recommend their "used" games to anyone.

Oh, and btw, it was the normal cover rather than the "censored" version that everyone was fretting about.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to vouch for Gamefly as well . ALWAYS like NEW condition. I think I've bought at least 10 games from them and all were perfect condition.

My Catherine copy was also the normal cover, I doubt anyone will get the alt cover.

[quote name='XtraN']I'd like to vouch for Gamefly as well . ALWAYS like NEW condition. I think I've bought at least 10 games from them and all were perfect condition.[/QUOTE]

Same recommendation from me. Only had one problem ever with them. One of the clips was broken on a game case. I e-mailed them and they sent me a new one right away.

Got my NMH and MLB '11 the Show both PS3. Both discs in pristine shape minus one small chip on outside of disc (no biggie). Been very satisfied with the quality of discs these last few weeks. Can't wait to see what prices are offered in the year end sale.

I got a Red Faction Armageddon 360 that had a few noticeable imperfections around the edge of the disk but it did not seem to impact gameplay.

Then I offloaded it and got it on Steam.

All my other used games from them have been sterling.

Got my MLB2K11. It still had the seal intact on the case. I don't know how they ever got this game in and out of the case. They must use magic.

Just got my L.A. Noire in the mail today! The game came in almost-new condition, and the discs installed without a hitch. This was my first experience buying used games from GameFly, and I would definitely buy from them again!

[quote name='xewndar1']im predicting 9.99 Crysis 2, Killzone 3, Portal 2, Mass Effect 2, and Red Dead Redemptiopn :D[/QUOTE]

I'd be all over Portal 2 and RDR at that price. HIGHLY recommend ME2 at that price as well, I paid full price and it was well worth it.

A thought on Alice...

I've been playing this for a while now, and I see I'm only 25% of the way through. I'm feeling a bit worn from it, so I'm thinking of switching over to Bulletstorm as a "break". The comments about repetition are true, but there's something about this game that makes you keep going. It's very charming, though the story isn't even that great yet.

Still well worth $15, but if someone is looking for an action packed game...

[quote name='Sonne']A thought on Alice...

I've been playing this for a while now, and I see I'm only 25% of the way through. I'm feeling a bit worn from it, so I'm thinking of switching over to Bulletstorm as a "break". The comments about repetition are true, but there's something about this game that makes you keep going. It's very charming, though the story isn't even that great yet.

Still well worth $15, but if someone is looking for an action packed game...[/QUOTE]
Out of curiosity, are you playing Madness Returns or the original American McGee's Alice? I had originally started off with AMA and couldn't play it for more than 30 minutes at a time. After killing the second boss I could no longer take the boringness(word?) of it and stopped and went to Madness Returns and am thoroughly enjoying it so far.

[quote name='Vector']Out of curiosity, are you playing Madness Returns or the original American McGee's Alice? I had originally started off with AMA and couldn't play it for more than 30 minutes at a time. After killing the second boss I could no longer take the boringness(word?) of it and stopped and went to Madness Returns and am thoroughly enjoying it so far.[/QUOTE]

Madness returns. I'm going to give it another go tonight, I'm in the Drowned Sailors portion of Ch. 2, which has been dragged out a bit too long.

[quote name='Sonne']Madness returns. I'm going to give it another go tonight, I'm in the Drowned Sailors portion of Ch. 2, which has been dragged out a bit too long.[/QUOTE]

I finished Chapter 2 and honestly felt the same thing. It was way too long and completely turned me off from the game. Couldn't get myself to finish knowing there were three more chapters.

Just got my Battlefield Bad Company 2! It was the Ultimate Edition with Onslaught mode and Battlefield 1943 codes intact, and even though it said that the VIP code was expired, it still worked! :whistle2:D

[quote name='fiddycan']Just got my Battlefield Bad Company 2! It was the Ultimate Edition with Onslaught mode and Battlefield 1943 codes intact, and even though it said that the VIP code was expired, it still worked! :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]
too bad the online is pretty dead. I loved BFBC2 online. BF3 is good too though.

[quote name='Logg']Does any one know when these sales go live, I work overnights, so by around noon central I go to sleep.[/QUOTE]

"These sales" go live about 7 pm central.

However, the 12/21 year-end sale usually goes live during the day sometime.

[quote name='Luxuria']I finished Chapter 2 and honestly felt the same thing. It was way too long and completely turned me off from the game. Couldn't get myself to finish knowing there were three more chapters.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just finished it last night and I'm pretty much done with it for a while. After the crypt portion (felt so tacked on) and THEN the mini-boss (oh, ANOTHER ink baby...but bigger), I realized that things weren't going to change much going into chapter 3. The charm is starting to wear off considering that the story isn't making any sense at this point.

Why was that Walrus killing everyone, and using Carpenter as a front? I thought Carpenter was supposed to be the villian there. They kind of just threw the Walrus' "hunger" in there in the last second. And so the train just came in and killed everyone?

I wonder if there were some points in the first game that I should know about to have a better grasp.

Getting into Bullletstorm didn't help much either. That's popcorn gaming at it's best, so far.

Hey guys,

I purchased Fight Night Champions back in Dec, 08 and still haven't received it. Anyone else going through the same thing?

Now I've ordered from Gamefly plenty of times and it shouldn't take this long to get to my doorstep even if I did only order 1 game from them.

It also sucks that they don't put any kind of tracking number on single item orders.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']too bad the online is pretty dead. I loved BFBC2 online. BF3 is good too though.[/QUOTE]

Yup...its literally dead.

I re purchased BFBC2 recently and had to sell it back because of the online being dead.

Really bummed that my copy of Shadows of the Damned (PS3) apparently got lost in the mail.

Wish they coulda just sent me another copy, instead of refunding. Been waiting on that game for so long to go on sale.

Hopefully it'll pop up again with the Xmas deals.

Or hopefully it'll just show up at my house tomorrow :D I'll contact GF and let them know of course.

Thanks for the awesome thread btw.

Edit:

[quote name='lunasicc']Hey guys,

I purchased Fight Night Champions back in Dec, 08 and still haven't received it. Anyone else going through the same thing?

Now I've ordered from Gamefly plenty of times and it shouldn't take this long to get to my doorstep even if I did only order 1 game from them.

It also sucks that they don't put any kind of tracking number on single item orders.[/QUOTE]

Just saw your post, I had an order shipped on Dec. 07. It hasn't arrived either. You should contact GF and see if they'll refund you. Hopefully it'll show up soon for both of us though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 18.74 "like new" Rage and 12.98 "like new" LA Noire both showed up today. Got the Anarchy Edition with the sleeve and everything, and all DLC codes are present and worked :)

[quote name='lunasicc']Hey guys,

It also sucks that they don't put any kind of tracking number on single item orders.[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt worry yet. Usually takes about 2 weeks for a single game

[quote name='forweg']Mine usually arrive in 2 days, single game or not.[/QUOTE]
Yeah this ^

Mine usually arrive within 4 days if me ordering it.

I've noticed that whenever I order games from gamefly, It's either coming from PA or CA. I live in MA, so the games coming from PA usually are shipping vis USPS and get here in a few days. The ones from CA are fedex'ed and require signature (usually because I buy a bunch of games) but take 3-5 business days. I guess if you live somewhere in the middle of the US, the games will get to you in a few days regardless of which site sends it, but for us coastal folk, it depends.

Contact them. Anytime it goes more than 3-5 days I'll send a friendly "hey where's my games" and everytime I'll receive ship confirmations as replies.

When I order games I get a mix of 2 days or 5 days until they arrive. However twice I got a game after 10 days . All single order games.

[quote name='redmangoose']Anyone know how long the winter sale is going to last?
Is just on the 21st? Or until Christmas?[/QUOTE]

It will probably be like most of the monthly sales and go on for a week (or 10 days in this case)/until they run out of stock.

[quote name='tightclaws']People seem to forget it Christmas time its not coming in two days ala free shipping just be patient or get a refund.[/QUOTE]

I ordered my LA Noire on Wednesday of last week and got it on Saturday, which is the typical time it takes to get from GF's Austin, TX location to me.

[quote name='waldo21212']It will probably be like most of the monthly sales and go on for a week (or 10 days in this case)/until they run out of stock.[/QUOTE]

I remember last year - games were out of stock almost 30 mins after the sale started. There were not many re-stocks. I doubt this year will be any different.

Just think of the sale as a huge lightning deal...

bread's done
Back