GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought :360:BF:BC2 from a GameFly sale last year and it did include the "VIP Code" insert (note that the code is not REQUIRED for online play, it just gives access to specific multiplayer maps - see http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vip)

The insert specifically says that the code expires on April 1, 2011, so even if your copy includes the insert, you probably won't be able to use the code.

100_1071.jpg
100_1071b.jpg

[quote name='BuckarooBanzai']I bought :360:BF:BC2 from a GameFly sale last year and it did include the "VIP Code" insert (note that the code is not REQUIRED for online play, it just gives access to specific multiplayer maps - see http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vip)

The insert specifically says that the code expires on April 1, 2011, so even if your copy includes the insert, you probably won't be able to use the code.

100_1071.jpg
100_1071b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that though that code expired, you can call and get a working code.

[quote name='MrDarkstorm']I was under the impression that though that code expired, you can call and get a working code.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a code that was "expired" not still work on the PS Store.

If I remember correctly, the BC2 code doens't get directly input to the PS Store though.

[quote name='eXiON']I bet you KZ3 is still there cause many of the potential buyers bought it at Best Buy during the Cyber Monday sale where it was dirt cheap for $24.99 for the Helghast Edition.[/QUOTE]

This. Though at the end of the day, the stuff that came with it is just sitting in my room. Having the soundtrack is pretty cool though.

[quote name='averageguy']Any idea on if Crysis 2 for the 360 is the limited edtion one?[/QUOTE]

Mine was, when I got it a couple weeks ago from a previous sale.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Question #1- so new deals on monday or tuesday?
Question #2- Deals are posted on 1 of those 2 days and on thursdays?[/QUOTE]

#1 - OP makes it sound like they'll return again on Monday. However, just get in the habit of checking the thread every day around 5:30pm MST (30 mins before the deals go live) to see if Cheapy has hinted about them.

#2 - These deals don't appear on set days, seems pretty random. Refer to answer #1 for the best way to avoid missing these deals.

According the the OP, there is new deals on weekdays at 5 PST, so there will be new deals on monday, and then a new set of deals on tuesday, wednesday, ect.

Ahhhh with a 100 game backlog do i dare add dirt 3???? When do you say to yourself enough is enough. I doubt i will even get to play 50% of what i played and get my money's worth. Muhahahahaha more fun buying then playing these days. :)

[quote name='yesokyesok']I'm hoping tomorrow we will see Catherine for cheap.[/QUOTE]
You and me both man. I've been waiting for a good deal on that game for quite a while now.

CAG needs to quit advertising Gamefly as selling "Usually excellent condition games" I've purchased used through gamefly 5-6 times including roughly 25 games, and 1-2 were in what I call "Excellent" condition.

The others are never even in "Medium used" condition. It's usually "I wonder if this is going to play the whole way through" condition.

I'm probably just going to stop buying things through them. I mean I appreciate a reason to work through my backlog quicker, but I don't like that reason being "I need to work through my backlog quicker, so I can find out of these games are broken, before the return period ends"

So frustrating. The prices are good, but only if you realize these games are this cheap because they are in shit condition.

[quote name='DeadRabbit']CAG needs to quit advertising Gamefly as selling "Usually excellent condition games"[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on your luck, but I'm in the same boat as you. Very hit and miss, to the point where I'll look at this thread for the prices, but won't ever buy from them. I've bought games for myself to play that outright don't work. And I've bought games to trade in (PS3 blu ray discs, to boot) that are chipped and even Amazon won't accept them for trade-in. I hate Gamestop, but their discs at least work for me.

What makes it even easier for me to pass up these "deals" is that I'm obsessed with Skyrim and there's not much time for any other games for the next few months.

Ive bought 4 games from GF to this date. The first 2 perfect condition. Then I jumped on brink and homefront for $1 during the $12 coupon early going. Those 2 discs came with chips, but seem fine. I hated homefront at first, but the multiplayer is pretty good, haven't tried single player yet. Ill also get around to brink (one of these days).

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Ive bought 4 games from GF to this date. The first 2 perfect condition. Then I jumped on brink and homefront for $1 during the $12 coupon early going. Those 2 discs came with chips, but seem fine. I hated homefront at first, but the multiplayer is pretty good, haven't tried single player yet. Ill also get around to brink (one of these days).[/QUOTE]

Homefront multiplayer is so underrated. It was so much fun. I loved it. If only they did a better job with the campaign, the critics wouldn't have slammed the game so hard and it might have had better sales. I'm hoping the sequel will have the same fun multiplayer, with a more robust campaign.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I hated homefront at first, but the multiplayer is pretty good, haven't tried single player yet. Ill also get around to brink (one of these days).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, stick to the multipayer because that single player is a bit weak. If you want to just rush through it for the achievement points it should only take you 4-6 hours.

[quote name='CaseX']Homefront multiplayer is so underrated. It was so much fun. I loved it. If only they did a better job with the campaign, the critics wouldn't have slammed the game so hard and it might have had better sales. I'm hoping the sequel will have the same fun multiplayer, with a more robust campaign.[/QUOTE]

While the multiplayer was fun I believe it contributed to the bad reviews as well. When the game came out there were many problems when trying to even get into a game and these problems were not promptly fixed. The biggest problem though was that stat resets were an epidemic and with trophy unlocks depending on them and getting everything that you have unlocked taken away, many people quit playing the game. Hopefully these issues have been fixed now.

I finally bit on crysis 2, heard the graphics were amazing... and it was entertaining enough to play through just for the graphics.

[quote name='DeadRabbit']CAG needs to quit advertising Gamefly as selling "Usually excellent condition games" I've purchased used through gamefly 5-6 times including roughly 25 games, and 1-2 were in what I call "Excellent" condition.

The others are never even in "Medium used" condition. It's usually "I wonder if this is going to play the whole way through" condition.

I'm probably just going to stop buying things through them. I mean I appreciate a reason to work through my backlog quicker, but I don't like that reason being "I need to work through my backlog quicker, so I can find out of these games are broken, before the return period ends"

So frustrating. The prices are good, but only if you realize these games are this cheap because they are in shit condition.[/QUOTE]

That sucks you have had bad luck - but all but 2 of the 10 games I have bought were in perfect condition. The other 2 worked fine but were a bit scuffed. For the price - I think these games are an absolute steal.

Catherine and WWE Allstars have to go on sale before the year ends. I see Catherine at $25 and wwe at $20. I would be happy to pay $15 apiece for them if they are both included in the end of year sale, or even better next week.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Catherine and WWE Allstars have to go on sale before the year ends. I see Catherine at $25 and wwe at $20. I would be happy to pay $15 apiece for them if they are both included in the end of year sale, or even better next week.[/QUOTE]

WWE All Stars were already put on sale twice. Once for PS3 and once for Xbox.

[quote name='lethargic']WWE All Stars were already put on sale twice. Once for PS3 and once for Xbox.[/QUOTE]

And I've missed it every time :cry:

[quote name='lethargic']WWE All Stars were already put on sale twice. Once for PS3 and once for Xbox.[/QUOTE]

yeah but just like the person below you posted I too have missed out on the deal.

[quote name='darthballz']Any chance of El Shaddai seeing a sale?[/QUOTE]
There's a chance since it's in stock for purchase used on both systems. All it needs now is a sale price and free shipping and I'm sold.

[quote name='ets']I finally bit on crysis 2, heard the graphics were amazing... and it was entertaining enough to play through just for the graphics.[/QUOTE]

The graphics are great but the gameplay is undersold for some reason...maybe it was the totally off-base lukewarm reviews it got. I thought gameplay-wise it was one of the top 5 shooters of this generation.

[quote name='CaseX']Homefront multiplayer is so underrated. It was so much fun. I loved it. If only they did a better job with the campaign, the critics wouldn't have slammed the game so hard and it might have had better sales. I'm hoping the sequel will have the same fun multiplayer, with a more robust campaign.[/QUOTE]

I found the single player underrated, too. Short, yes, but much more fun than other campaigns gameplay-wise (cough, Medal of Honor, cough)

I'd love to see another WWE All Stars sale. I tried to buy it last time it was on sale but accidentally clicked to ship it to my old address. When I contacted Gamefly, they canceled the order instead of shipping it to my new address. :(

[quote name='shadylane']where's the page with the deals? They come out in aless than a minute yea?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming your on EST, in which case they are at 8pm.

[quote name='shadylane']where's the page with the deals? They come out in aless than a minute yea?[/QUOTE]

We still have 3 hours to go. 5PM PST / 8 EST.

the last two games I bought during the 12$ off glitch it looks like they ran them through a car wash to spite me getting them for 50 cents a piece. a car wash that cleans with dirt and knives.

[quote name='DeadRabbit']CAG needs to quit advertising Gamefly as selling "Usually excellent condition games" I've purchased used through gamefly 5-6 times including roughly 25 games, and 1-2 were in what I call "Excellent" condition.

So frustrating. The prices are good, but only if you realize these games are this cheap because they are in shit condition.[/QUOTE]

360, PS3, Wii, or a combination? First, the boxes are in excellent condition and unused codes since those aren't rented out, that's a given.

I think I'm up to 20+ PS3 games, not one has a scratch on it. Some had minor dust or fingerprints easily cleaned. Some did have minor chips on the outer edge specific to Gamefly discs only, but they all work. 2 Wii games, and one Wii game had minor scratches, but works. Given the risk on Wii, I'll probably stay away from now on though.

So I'm assuming your games are 360? Do a full install instead of feeling rushed to play through the game to make sure it works. Delete the install after if you don't want to use the HDD space. Whenever I buy used I always test it out. I opened up a new game once and it had no disc in it, so I check my new games too now.

At Gamefly prices, it is hard to pass up. And they'll give you a full refund if you are unsatisfied. Sure you won't get the deal price, but I'm sure the new version will go on clearance somewhere sometime.

bread's done
Back