GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hwmusic']the last two games I bought during the 12$ off glitch it looks like they ran them through a car wash to spite me getting them for 50 cents a piece. a car wash that cleans with dirt and knives.[/QUOTE]

Cosmic justice? In the bad sense, of course.

Got Metro 2033 from my order Thursday. No big scratches, but there was a nasty/crusty thumb-size chunk of what I am assuming is bar-b-q sauce on it.

Pretty sure it wasn't blood, but I did make sure I didn't have any cuts on my hands when i washed it off. Defiantly the worst condition I've gotten something from them, but i'll still be back here at 8 for the new deals.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']

So I'm assuming your games are 360? Do a full install instead of feeling rushed to play through the game to make sure it works. Delete the install after if you don't want to use the HDD space. Whenever I buy used I always test it out. I opened up a new game once and it had no disc in it, so I check my new games too now.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, normally that's what I do. However I think that is only sort of half telling. I ordered Bayonetta from GF earlier this year, installed it to HD and about halfway through it began locking at the exact same spot, on the exact same trigger. I had to uninstall it in order to finish the game.

I guess if there is a little hiccup, or skip when installing to HD, that gets installed to or something. Either way, I don't feel at all comfortable with simply knowing it installed to HD without a hitch.

Oh and yes, all 360. PS3 discs are sort of scratch resistant, that's why you have such good luck. I suppose I could play on my PS3 more if I wanted to buy through GF, but that sort of isn't the point.

I used to never have a single issue with the quality of gamefly orders, but then again, I never thought of having to check for chips on the discs. They all just played and were in great condition...I also have never bought anything other than PS3 games from them with the 1 exception of Child of Eden 360 (which luckily game without scratches).

Last couple PS3 games I ordered did have chips but still played fine, most recently Homefront.

Got my two games today, looks prom night fresh. Thanks for another great deal, GameFly.

Keep advertising them here on CAG, please.

Tonight's clue:

Tonight's deals are not merely Shadows of deals from Ages past, but will Transform and protect your wallet from Armageddon.

[quote name='CheapyD']Tonight's clue:

Tonight's deals are not merely Shadows of deals from Ages past, but will Transform and protect your wallet from Armageddon.[/QUOTE]

Shadow of the Damned
Dragon Age origins/2

Could be Earth defense force Armageddon. They've had Red Faction on sale pretty much every other week, how many copies of that could they possibly have...

[quote name='dinovelvet']Could be Earth defense force Armageddon. They've had Red Faction on sale pretty much every other week, how many copies of that could they possibly have...[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right

I'm not sure it's Red Faction: Armageddon, for reasons others mentioned, and it's already been on sale for $9.99 this whole weekend. How much cheaper would it actually go to, lol?

[quote name='Hellhunt']Shadows of the Damned is awesome and hilarious. You should buy it.[/QUOTE]

This.

I really enjoyed the game much more than I thought I would. It's funny and the gameplay is solid. The story is a bit ridiculous though which makes it even more awesome.

Well if its red faction i wouldn't recommend it the online multiplayer is dead.

[quote name='Jay']Well if its red faction i wouldn't recommend it the online multiplayer is dead.[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there.

[quote name='Luxuria']This.

I really enjoyed the game much more than I thought I would. It's funny and the gameplay is solid. The story is a bit ridiculous though which makes it even more awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yah, it is totally has some AAA production values (excellent graphics and sound design), that has some startling design choices (non-skippable cut scenes and non stacking difficulty achievements).

Still a solid game.

[quote name='Hellhunt']Shadows of the Damned is awesome and hilarious. You should buy it.[/QUOTE]
^This.

Also received Metro 2033 today and it is completely jacked up. Scratches and chips. Out of about 25 games from GF in the past 4 years this was the first time I am returning one.

Shadows of The Damned is definitely on my top 10 games of the year, possibly top 5. I would recommend anybody on the fence jump on Shadows of The Damned. I picked it up in a Buy2Get1 when it came out, along with Portal 2 and Alice:Madness Returns, so I essentially paid 40 dollars for it and don't regret it at all.

EVERYONE BUY SHADOWS OF THE DAMNED!!!:hot:

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Received Alice Madness Returns 360 today wit valid code. Downloading the original game now![/QUOTE]

wow i didnt know it came with the orginal game. I wouldnt have cancelled my order from last week :wall:

edit- sweet deal on shadows of the damned for those who dont have it. no deals for me tonight.

EDF is tempting, but I haven't even finished the first one and I already got Zelda and Kirby today during the buy 2 get 1 free.

I'll wait for a 9.99 price on SOTD. Wait for a complete collection of Dragon Age II. One night down, 14 to go? 9? 4? 19?

Did it used to be common for Gamefly to put a game on a sale, then a few weeks later put the same game on sale for less? I'm not mad I got Shadows for, what, $18 the first time, but it seems odd.

This motivated me to buy EDF, but I got it from Best Buy instead. $14.50 new there with free shipping. Not enough savings to get a GF copy.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Did it used to be common for Gamefly to put a game on a sale, then a few weeks later put the same game on sale for less? I'm not mad I got Shadows for, what, $18 the first time, but it seems odd.[/QUOTE]

It's kind of strange, I agree. But I'm with you, my SOTD PS3 that I ordered a few weeks ago has now gathered $5 (plus tax) worth of dust.

Considering DA2 and EDF, but probably won't get either.

For what it's worth, SotD is solid but unimpressive. It starts decent but actually just dips slightly below there and never gets really good. This price is about right and I don't feel it was a huge waste of time but I don't recommend it. I would say it is terribly overrated but probably still worth your time. The frantic energy of the first couple boss fights is definitely where the game peaks.

EDF:IA is just a step back from 2017 in almost every way. I can't unrecommend that one enough

bread's done
Back