GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TracerBullet']
As for DA2, you'd have to pay me to play that game.[/QUOTE]

If you enjoyed DA:O I don't see how DA2 looks all that bad. The combat is essentially the same if you raise the difficulty up. There are certainly some glaring issues with the game, as there were with DA:O, but it's good enough to have some fun with.

Tempted on SotD again. Think they had this for the same price last month. I'll hold out for $10 as I know I won't get around to it anytime soon if I was to get it now anyways lol.

[quote name='bardockkun']What nudity? The most you get is a girl in lingerie.

Also for those on the fence with Shadows of the Damned, if you liked Resident Evil 4 or 5 gameplay and enjoyed the Evil Dead movie series then this game is for you.[/QUOTE]

Did you not see all those erect male nipples in the trailer? :lol:

Excellent! Picked up SotD and Transformers on PS3. Been looking for a good deal on both of those.

[quote name='Nitro_']any feedback on transformers dark side ps3...I am going to get sotd just considering transformers also[/QUOTE]

Campaign is on the short end as it only last 4 hours MAX. Overall it was just meh and really easy. Multiplayer isn't that great compared to War for Cybertron. Everything is just bland compared to their previous work. If you really want some Transformer action get WFC or wait for it's sequel.

EDIT: Multiplayer should be almost dead now as when I played it during august it was really hard for me to find games.

Only legitimate reason to get this is if you really love Transformers or want a quick plat/achievements.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Campaign is on the short end as it only last 4 hours MAX. Overall it was just meh and really easy. Multiplayer isn't that great compared to War for Cybertron. Everything is just bland compared to their previous work. If you really want some Transformer action get WFC or wait for it's equal.[/QUOTE]

Thank you

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Campaign is on the short end as it only last 4 hours MAX. Overall it was just meh and really easy. Multiplayer isn't that great compared to War for Cybertron. Everything is just bland compared to their previous work. If you really want some Transformer action get WFC or wait for it's equal.

EDIT: Multiplayer should be almost dead now as when I played it during august it was really hard for me to find games.

Only legitimate reason to get this is if you really love Transformers or want a quick plat/achievements.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on everything. I'd recommend it for maybe $5.99.

im in the process of beating arkham city and have SR3, AC:R and rayman in my immediate backlog. waiting for EDF and SotD to drop under $10

Got LA Noire today on PS3 and its in great shape, 3 small chips/dents but I don't fascinate about those. Also, one of the dudes from Mad Men plays the main character. How did I not know this?!?!?!?! It's so awesome!

Finally seeing this game up close for the first time, I get what all the hoopla was over it having motion capture/face capture technology. The faces and mouth movements are amazing.

Shadows of the Damned was a great game, but it really wasn't worth $60. Should've waited a bit, but hey I'm a CAG newbie.

[quote name='bigsick']Picked up dragon age 2 for a gift.[/QUOTE]

Same, though a $5 coupon I had made it even nicer.

I want to play Shadows but the achievement difficulties don't stack...I just can't support a game that doesn't stack them this late in the 360s life cycle. Damn you chievos.

I bought Shadows of the Damned the day it came out for $60 and thought it was cool, but not worth $60 since there is no new game+ or online, but it is definitely worth this price.

really torn here, 360 or PS3 for SotD? I mean, PS3 was the original intended console, but I read that the 360 was the preferred choice here....

In for Shadows of the Damned, can't see it dropping much lower than this.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']really torn here, 360 or PS3 for SotD? I mean, PS3 was the original intended console, but I read that the 360 was the preferred choice here....[/QUOTE]

If you're worried about disc condition go PS3 since Blu Rays hold up much better than DVDs. As far as performance I haven't read anything that says one version is superior to the other.

*sigh* Bought a PS3 copy of SotD (thanks Cheapy). My retirement will be pretty sweet based on this backlog of mine only getting bigger...

The only other thing I would want from these sales is Catherine for PS3, but I'm holding out for Best Buy having it on sale for $40 so I can use my @Gamer $20 off coupon on it...unless, of course, Gamefly was to sell it at $15, but that's probably wishful thinking. :roll:

they got me for Earth Defense Force and Shadows of the Damned. I swear I have to stop hanging around cause my backog is crazy.

Just need Catherine and Warhammer to finish out the games I want..come on best buy!

[quote name='shadowrage']I want to play Shadows but the achievement difficulties don't stack...I just can't support a game that doesn't stack them this late in the 360s life cycle. Damn you chievos.[/QUOTE]

So getting achievement points is more important than playing a game you want to play?

I bit on SotD as a lot of others have. I had rented it and played it long enough to know that I wanted to own it someday, but could never justify paying $40-$60.

[quote name='Vigilante']
The only other thing I would want from these sales is Catherine for PS3, but I'm holding out for Best Buy having it on sale for $40 so I can use my @Gamer $20 off coupon on it...unless, of course, Gamefly was to sell it at $15, but that's probably wishful thinking. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I support this initiative, and hope for the same.

[quote name='shadowrage']I want to play Shadows but the achievement difficulties don't stack...I just can't support a game that doesn't stack them this late in the 360s life cycle. Damn you chievos.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Yanksfan']So getting achievement points is more important than playing a game you want to play?.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Yanks, to me that seems to be an awful reason to not buy a game that you're interested in.

[quote name='Rumors']The burning question, will sotd go lower? I know I don't have any intentions of playing it soon[/QUOTE]

I think it probably will at that year-end sale. Maybe $9.99. Eh...I bought it at $12.99, $3 whatever.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I agree with Yanks, to me that seems to be an awful reason to not buy a game that you're interested in.[/QUOTE]

I always laugh at people who decide whether to play a game or whether it was a good game based on achievements. They've warped so many gamers into thinking they matter for anything it's hilarious.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I agree with Yanks, to me that seems to be an awful reason to not buy a game that you're interested in.[/QUOTE]

I also agree. You play a game for fun, not for some meaningless point total.

On topic I would get sotd for that great price if I didn't get it for free already. Haven't played it yet but it looks awsome

That is possibly the worst reason for not playing a game.
Achievements are nice and all but they shouldn't determine the playability of a game. What is wrong with gamers nowadays sheesh.

If SOTD is still in stock at the moment (can't check since I am at work), is the price still good until the new deals go live? I guess what I am asking is what time do deals expire?
I tried to SOTD last time from them, but my postal carrier for some reason decided that the package was undeliverable (correct address) and sent it back. I chatted with them and because it is their policy, they would not work with me to get me a copy instead of refunding the money. I really want that game...

[quote name='EYEL1NER']If SOTD is still in stock at the moment (can't check since I am at work), is the price still good until the new deals go live?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']really torn here, 360 or PS3 for SotD? I mean, PS3 was the original intended console, but I read that the 360 was the preferred choice here....[/QUOTE]

lens of truth says ps3 version is better

I think I will also wait for the end of the year sale. Hopefully it will be $10. I know it's only a $3 difference, but I probably wont play it between now and then anyways so might as well wait.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I think I will also wait for the end of the year sale. Hopefully it will be $10. I know it's only a $3 difference, but I probably wont play it between now and then anyways so might as well wait.[/QUOTE]I almost doubt it'd be on sale for cheaper since that sale will fall within the 30-day return window--you could get SotD for $13 now and if it was $10 during the end-of-the-year sale, you could buy it again and return the $13 copy.

Then again, has this happened before: A game was on sale for cheaper within 30 days of its more expensive "sale"?

[quote name='Vigilante']I almost doubt it'd be on sale for cheaper since that sale will fall within the 30-day return window--you could get SotD for $13 now and if it was $10 during the end-of-the-year sale, you could buy it again and return the $13 copy.

Then again, has this happened before: A game was on sale for cheaper within 30 days of its more expensive "sale"?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I just remember last years sale had a lot of the same games from the daily deals for a few dollars cheaper. I might as well just wait. I don't want to hassle with returns for $3 either. I'm not in any hurry to play this game, it does look fairly interesting though.

bread's done
Back