GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, just saw that I ordered it after 5. So I hope that Gamefly will be able to charge me the adjusted price. Sucks that they're phone support has limited hours.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Kind of like not sourcing the assumption this won't drop any lower.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1185654p1.html
Keep in mind those are just week one figures.

Safe to say this game will be neither rare or a buy now 'asset'.

It also seems that Amazon can't give these away.

The LE will probably be one of the next to go on a fire sale...feel like an idiot for picking it up full price.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's difficult to provide an external source for an opinion. Especially considering that I am clearly it's origin. :)

[quote name='bdb2m']at most it's 3 or four dollars difference. I am laughing at you for actually thinking that's enough money to lose sleep over. I'd rather buy it and play it now, than hope it doesn't sell out for few dollars less in two weeks. If you don't like the deal fine, but why belittle everyone else over it?

Also, "lolz," twice in one sentence? Ugh.[/quote]

+1

Way to be a team player. It's not like we're competing here at cag, right?

qft

[quote name='gamerguy73']Wtf is Catherine? Lol[/QUOTE]

I just bought it and am wondering the same thing. I've heard people on CAG talk about it, so it's probably good. I'm not a Japanese niche gamer though.

WTF I just bought Catherine for 35 like 2 weeks ago, glad I didn't open it. Not sure if I wanna save half for no Artbook/Soundtrack and inferior cover art.

Just received my used copy of Catherine from GameFly on Monday that I purchased @ $30.16 after tax AND shipping.

Any way they will price adjust? Or can I buy a copy of Catherine tonight @ $19.56 (after tax and FREE shipping) and count on customer support to help guide me through some kind of return process for my previous purchase? Can't find anything on their site about returning purchases, only about reporting a 'problem' with an order by writing customer support which obviously won't cut it since this is only a nightly deal.

[quote name='infamousantho']Just received my used copy of Catherine from GameFly on Monday that I purchased @ $30.16 after tax AND shipping.

Any way they will price adjust? Or can I buy a copy of Catherine tonight @ $19.56 (after tax and FREE shipping) and count on customer support to help guide me through some kind of return process for my previous purchase? Can't find anything on their site about returning purchases, only about reporting a 'problem' with an order by writing customer support which obviously won't cut it since this is only a nightly deal.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, try calling. By the way, do you know if it's the regular art, or the alt. art? And does it come with the artbook and soundtrack?

[quote name='infamousantho']Just received my used copy of Catherine from GameFly on Monday that I purchased @ $30.16 after tax AND shipping.

Any way they will price adjust? Or can I buy a copy of Catherine tonight @ $19.56 (after tax and FREE shipping) and count on customer support to help guide me through some kind of return process for my previous purchase? Can't find anything on their site about returning purchases, only about reporting a 'problem' with an order by writing customer support which obviously won't cut it since this is only a nightly deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm in a similar situation as you. I actually purchased this game today a few minutes after 5 but it was still at the price of $24. So I'm hoping customer support will refund me the difference since it was after 5:00 PST

My discount along with my GameFly dollars brought it down to $19 shipped. But if it's at the discounted price that I get it now, I'd probably be getting the game for $11 shipped. Phone support wasn't available, just tried tweeting them as well, nothing. Hopefully this can get resolved tomorrow.

Been waiting on a price drop on Catherine. For a service I don't use anymore, Gamefly rewarded me with both Shadow of the Damned and Catherine in one week for $34 bucks.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']a hard motherfucking puzzle game. Im still tryin to beat the demo, so imagine the retail game. :cry:[/QUOTE]

ouch... idk if I want it now lol

I really want Dark Dawn, but will wait until the end of year sale to hope its cheaper. Worst case its the same $ or not on sale and I lose it, but no big deal.

awesome deal...in for 2...with my discount and my $5 credit, 2 copies for $29ish, shipped!

Either my brother is getting one for the holidays, or im trading it to amazon (trade credit, dropping like a rock! as we speak)

$18 is a steal for Catherine. If you want it, buy it now. I bought it a few weeks ago for $26 and I don't mind the drop. It's not for everyone, but if you stick with the punishing difficulty and have had your own misadventures with women, you'll get a lot out of it.

I'm thinking of getting God of War, but something tells me this could be had for much less somewhere. Almost done with 3rd Birthday and I need something to move on to.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']well for my sake i hope he's right. I envy many of you that snagged a copy right now. WHat's the chances its still this price say friday.[/QUOTE]

While Supplies Last or Until 5pm PST 12/8

Actually just rented Catherine and started it last night. 5 dollar coupon + 18 price = 13.00. Not to mention that the game is tons of fun. Gamefly really might just make me a customer rather than a free trial person.

NO! I've been trying so hard not to buy anything cause my backlog is out of control right now - but damn I have been waiting for Catherine to drop for quite a while.

Ah well - at least there's not a lot of new stuff coming out I have interest in.

In for Catherine. Thanks cheapy. While ordering this my backlog kept giving me the stank eye cause we both know I'll never get through it and some of them will get left out.

[quote name='gepet0']I feel like I was the only one to buy operation flashpoint. LOL As far as catherine Ps3 or 360?[/QUOTE]

i went PS3 as the d-pad is the best thing to use in this game...cant imagine playing this on that crappy 360 d-pad

Just watched the video review for Catherine from IGN. Game looks very interesting. I'm very curious to see how the story unfolds, but I'm not the biggest fan of puzzles. I'll pass on it tonight and hopefully find it cheaper down the road.

Pick up Catherine. Its unlike any other game I have ever played. Its not perfect, but it is enjoyable. Great story makes up for repetitive gameplay.

I want Catherine, but I think I am going to hold off because I have a huge backlog for now. I am also kind of worried about the ending. I have heard it gets crazy and stupid. I don't want to play another Indigo Prophecy (story wise).

[quote name='mtincher']I want Catherine, but I think I am going to hold off because I have a huge backlog for now. I am also kind of worried about the ending. I have heard it gets crazy and stupid. I don't want to play another Indigo Prophecy (story wise).[/QUOTE]

I think it fits in fine. I think the "crazy" endings are the hardest to get- the so called "Freedom" endings. I was happy with my ending, I think that's the way things would have ended up if that whole story were to actually happen.

Also, there's a "Very Easy" mode where you basically blast through the puzzles to get to the next cutscene, if that's your thing.

[quote name='mtincher']
I don't want to play another Indigo Prophecy (story wise).[/QUOTE]

Damn sucks to hear that. I always wanted to play that game.

[quote name='chimpian']catherine is getting closer to $10 at $10 its mine.[/QUOTE]

Same here, no higher than $10.00 for that game, it looks interesting but the puzzle part(from what I played in the demo)seems boring and tedious as hell.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Damn sucks to hear that. I always wanted to play that game.[/QUOTE]

It had an awesome story up until the last 1/4 of the game. It is really cheap now, so I would say it is worth

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Same here, no higher than $10.00 for that game, it looks interesting but the puzzle part(from what I played in the demo)seems boring and tedious as hell.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it goes to $10 until late next year. I pray that GF resells it on the 21st.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Same here, no higher than $10.00 for that game, it looks interesting but the puzzle part(from what I played in the demo)seems boring and tedious as hell.[/QUOTE]
Seconded. If I get really desperate I'll find someone who uploaded the story scenes I suppose... The game play just really doesn't interest me.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i went PS3 as the d-pad is the best thing to use in this game...cant imagine playing this on that crappy 360 d-pad[/QUOTE]

Have you tried the silver controller? I just ordered the bundle for $20 so I'll let you know how it is. I'm excited to try it out.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Have you tried the silver controller? I just ordered the bundle for $20 so I'll let you know how it is. I'm excited to try it out.[/QUOTE]

its alright. I dont see a difference in the transforming d pad. It all feels like the same shit to me. Still its a nice controller black on grey. Could come handy in this type of puzzle game. Catherine may seem weird at first but it will get better. When I first saw it I laughed and thought it was stupid. Then i played the demo and watched reviews and it turned out good. Same scenario with bayonetta.

The gameplay in Catherine is fantastic. Preferred it to the story. It gave me the Tetris effect so damn hard. I couldn't sleep while playing it because i kept playing in my head as i lay in bed.

I considered catherine, thought "eh... fuck it" .. and it's out. the one fucking night I forgot to check & THIS happens. My wallet HAS YET TO BE ABUSED BY GAMEFLY. Withdrawal....

This is the way I view buying video games right now. If you have over 5 games in your backlog you should not buy any games until you finish at least 3 of those 5 games. When you actually get to beating those 3 out of 5 games you will go to get "insert popular video game here" and it will cost way less then it would have. This has worked flawlessly for me this year and I'm doing great so far. Beat more games this year than any years past and I have a 13 month old!

I passed on Shadows of the Damn because I have Skyrim and Batman right now, Uncharted 3 up next, God of War PSP HD Collection, L.A. Noire. Also, add Battlefield 3 on PC in there and I'm pretty booked. When I go to buy SOTD next year or soon it will most likely be $10 for a new copy, Catherine is no different. Yeah it is a good deal, but hold off and you'll prosper :)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']its alright. I dont see a difference in the transforming d pad. It all feels like the same shit to me. Still its a nice controller black on grey. Could come handy in this type of puzzle game. Catherine may seem weird at first but it will get better. When I first saw it I laughed and thought it was stupid. Then i played the demo and watched reviews and it turned out good. Same scenario with bayonetta.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the PS3 copy whenever I get around to it. I always felt Atlus games should be played with a Dualshock 3 controller. That's why I bought Dark Souls on the PS3.

bread's done
Back