gamefly preplayed ps3

etschell

CAGiversary!
Don't know if this is a re-post but here it goes:

Prince of Persia: $24.99
Resistance 2: $37.99
Guitar Hero III: LOR $29.99

If you haven't order pre played from gamefly, disks, cases and instruction manuals are flawless.

Yeah, most people are aware of GameFly's used games. The price on Resistance 2 is great, but that's an awful price for GH3.

Yeah I must have bought like 8 games from gamefly during their holiday sales and they have all been mint

is this a good price on prince of persia? I heard the game isn't that great...you can't even change direction in mid-air, unlike 99% of other good platforming games

[quote name='etschell']Don't know if this is a re-post but here it goes:

Prince of Persia: $24.99
Resistance 2: $37.99
Guitar Hero III: LOR $29.99

If you haven't order pre played from gamefly, disks, cases and instruction manuals are flawless.[/QUOTE]

Every disk (of about 12 or so) I've ever gotten came with some chipped and nicked edges, only one ever broke but it did so inside my 360 (luckily most of the pieces stayed in the tray). However had that happened in my slot loading PS3 it would have meant shipping it to get serviced at the minimum.

If you plan on keeping these games for a while beware of the potential for laser-rot & breakage occurring from damaged coatings.

Don't hesitate if you are going to play and trade them quickly but, don't add these to your backlog.

netflix-cracked-blu-ray-closeup_thumb.jpg

(example above is a cracked blu-ray from netflix, but this is representative of exactly what I have gotten) The damage occurs from the USPS automated sorting/conveying machines and the paper thin packaging- during mailed transit.

tl;dr

In short just check them carefully when you get them, before you put them in your console or backlog.

Last edited by a moderator:
prince of persia.. IMHO is more like an interactive movie than an actual video game... i mean the difficulty level really isn't there..but its a beatiful game and a fun experience... i ended up getting the collectors edition off amazon.com for 30... and I am not dissapointed

[quote name='IRHari']is this a good price on prince of persia? I heard the game isn't that great...you can't even change direction in mid-air, unlike 99% of other good platforming games[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Prince of Persia. There's really no difficulty though. I'll pick it up when it's $20 or less.

I don't think the disc quality is that great from Gamefly games. I have ordered 8-10 games in the last 2 years.
The box and manuals are in new condition but the discs are far from perfect. They always play fine, but don't look that great.

If you're buying PS3 discs from Gamefly, you have no worries. Blu-ray discs are extremely resistant to scratches/nicks/chips due to the coating used on them. Accidentally scratching them is hard to do, you'd almost have to make a concerted effort to scratch it.

I've bought two preplayed PS3 games from Gamefly and both discs were like new.

I probably wouldn't buy a used PS2 or 360 game from them, however. The average person is pretty brutal with discs, especially rentals.

At least with Gamefly's discs, you know you're getting a mint case/manual with it. Not like Gamestop (still amazed that internet saavy gamers buy from them).

The only game I've ever purchased from gamefly was a PS3/Bluray disc, and it was scratched to hell (still played, though). Honestly, it's the only scratched Bluray I've ever seen. I don't buy from Gamefly any more as a result.

I've also received scratched PS3/Bluray discs from Gamefly. They've all played fine, but I haven't been real impressed with the quality I've received from Gamefly.

[quote name='jimflox']If you're buying PS3 discs from Gamefly, you have no worries. Blu-ray discs are extremely resistant to scratches/nicks/chips due to the coating used on them. Accidentally scratching them is hard to do, you'd almost have to make a concerted effort to scratch it.

I've bought two preplayed PS3 games from Gamefly and both discs were like new.[/QUOTE]

From my experience (and others online) this is not the case when it comes to chips and cracks with blu-ray media.

I have also read several sites that claim, while they are much more scratch resistant, the hard-baked scratch-resistant coating actually makes them more brittle and thereby more susceptible to chips and cracks. My anecdotal experience backs this up, take that FWIW.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whotheheck']You can always rent the game out. If you like the condition it is in, keep it.[/QUOTE]

I always do that to make certain

I rent netflix bluray's regularly, and for the first year I got about 4-5 disks that were cracked like the one seen above. I'm fairly certain that they've changed the way they make the disks. They seem more flexible now, and I haven't seen a cracked bluray that's been produced in the last year that has cracked like that. But still, you should definitely check them out.

I think the original disks were said to be too thick for USPS sorting machines, coupled with being too rigid, coupled with being shipped to cold climates, and equaling the cracks.

I've definitely read about people getting cracked discs in the past, but I have also rented a ton of BD's from Netflix and have never gotten a damaged one. I, too, am gonna assume they did something to cut down on it happening.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']The problem seems to be a consistent issue with some members. Which leads me to believe that they have been successful in getting some P.O.s to hand-sort the disk packs instead of running them through the machines, but not others.

This is where I theorize the damage occurs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5cmMZ3Z8Q8[/QUOTE]

I imagine you're correct. I live in Georgia and have never had an issue. You H3ll?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I imagine you're correct. I live in Georgia and have never had an issue. You H3ll?[/QUOTE]

Marietta, but I have had, and still get, several chipped and cracked :br:.

I live near the big Mt. Bethel sort station, so mine are definitely not getting hand sorted.

bread's done
Back