GameFly Price Drops on Used Games

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
You have to create an account to purchase used games, but don't have to become a rental subscriber.
However, paid subscribers get free shipping on all items, as usual.

All Price drops here

Highlights:

:ps2:
Resident Evil 4 $25
Shadow of the Colossus $25
Fight Night Round 2 $13
MK: Shaolin Monks $18
Dragon Quest VIII $28

:xbox:
From Russia With Love $15
Fight Night Round 2
$13

:360:
FIFA 06 $27
Ridge Racer 6 $30
Perfect Dark Zero $30
Project Gotham Racing 3 $30
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland $30
Amped 3 $28
Peter Jackson's King Kong $33
Condemned: Criminal Origins $38
NHL 2k6 $35
NBA Live 06 $35

:psp:
Price of Persia: Revelations $24
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories $32

I paided $35 for Shadow of the Colossus and it was worth every penny. Anyone with a PS2 that doesn't have this game has no excuse not to get this for $25.

I might pick up that RE4 since it's finally dropped in price. I was hoping a B&M store around here would have it though. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer.

All of the gamefly game are lightly scratches...don't expect a game in very good condition after it has been passed around in many gamer's hand.

[quote name='Raymond']All of the gamefly game are lightly scratches...don't expect a game in very good condition after it has been passed around in many gamer's hand.[/QUOTE]

You don't buy from Gamefly do you? About 90% of the copies they sell are copies that have never left their warehouse and are basically new games that don't have the shrinkwrap on them. It is rare to actually get a used game from them.

[quote name='cdeener']You don't buy from Gamefly do you? About 90% of the copies they sell are copies that have never left their warehouse and are basically new games that don't have the shrinkwrap on them. It is rare to actually get a used game from them.[/quote]

wha?

So you're telling me that Gamefly buys a shitload of games, and they don't rent them, they just sit there waiting for someone to buy them at used prices. Riiight. It's very rare for a copy of a game to never ever be rented, that would only occur if they bought way more of a title than they should have. Don't get me wrong, Gamefly games have always come in great shape for me (except once), but I've bought literally over 20 titles from them, and unless it was a title I hand rented when it first came out, they all had a little wear. The cases/manuals are super mint if that's what you're talking about?

[quote name='SailorDaravon']wha?

So you're telling me that Gamefly buys a shitload of games, and they don't rent them, they just sit there waiting for someone to buy them at used prices. Riiight. It's very rare for a copy of a game to never ever be rented, that would only occur if they bought way more of a title than they should have. Don't get me wrong, Gamefly games have always come in great shape for me (except once), but I've bought literally over 20 titles from them, and unless it was a title I hand rented when it first came out, they all had a little wear. The cases/manuals are super mint if that's what you're talking about?[/QUOTE]

I have to say that every game I've ever rented from them or bought was in perfect condition. I've yet to see a game that looked like it was used.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']wha?

So you're telling me that Gamefly buys a shitload of games, and they don't rent them, they just sit there waiting for someone to buy them at used prices. Riiight. It's very rare for a copy of a game to never ever be rented, that would only occur if they bought way more of a title than they should have. Don't get me wrong, Gamefly games have always come in great shape for me (except once), but I've bought literally over 20 titles from them, and unless it was a title I hand rented when it first came out, they all had a little wear. The cases/manuals are super mint if that's what you're talking about?[/quote]

That or they clean them up REALLY good. The only 2 games I bought from them before had not a one dust mark or fingerprint on them. They looked brand new.

That RE:4 for $25 is REAALLLLLYYY tempting....

but then my brain kicks in and tells me to use the BB $11.95 2-month package and rent it.

:(

[quote name='mtxbass1']If I sign up to be a member, do I actually have to subscribe to the service? Some 360 games are calling my name.[/quote]No, you don't need to subscribe. You just need to create an account.

I have 9 more days till I get my next $5.00 gamefly bonus, do you think From Russia with Love will still be on sale then?

Anyone had any problems with arrival of purchased games? I purchased a game on the 26th of March and Gamefly informed me that the game was shipped on the 27th. No game yet. I live in SoCal. How much longer should I wait before calling my cc company? I sent emails to Gamefly -- no response.

[quote name='mr ryles']well I went to create an account and you have to subscribe for their services as well. Is there a way around it?[/quote]

Same here. How can I get around signing up for their services?

Are you sure that you aren't checking off the box that reads "Try Unlimited Game Rentals!"?
I just created an account and as long as I didnt check that off, there seemed to be no problem.

I've never purchased a game from gamefly (technically I did, they charged me because I kept 2 games for like 3 months, no late fees my ass) Both games were scratched badly they sent a replacement for one, then two months later I'm charged for these games. 34.00 each. They say they send a manual and game box after that? They didn't.

So I sold the games to a friend, he got them to work decent, in the end I was only shorted by like 15 bucks.

Still sucks though.

I kind of fear buying from them.

[quote name='CheapyD']Are you sure that you aren't checking off the box that reads "Try Unlimited Game Rentals!"?
I just created an account and as long as I didnt check that off, there seemed to be no problem.[/quote]

Did all of that. Put the game in the cart. Shipping shows up.

Go backwards to the site. Log in with the UN/PW I just created. It tells me I have created a partial account. I either have to choose to do a 10 day trial, or do one of the two pay services. There were no other options.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I have to say that every game I've ever rented from them or bought was in perfect condition. I've yet to see a game that looked like it was used.[/QUOTE]

I must be extremely unlucky then....
Out of the 7 games I have bought through Gamefly the cases are in excellent condition but the games have ranged from moderate to unplayable. I haven't yet received one where the disc would be considered "good" condition.

Luckily they have a good return process since I have returned 3 out of 7. (Due to being unplayable.)

Just my .02

[quote name='mtxbass1']Did all of that. Put the game in the cart. Shipping shows up.

Go backwards to the site. Log in with the UN/PW I just created. It tells me I have created a partial account. I either have to choose to do a 10 day trial, or do one of the two pay services. There were no other options.[/quote]

Sorry, I'm not following your problem.
Subscribers get free shipping...you are not a subscriber...you don't get free shipping.

You can still order used games without being a subscriber, but you won't get free shipping on your purchases unless you sign up for one of the pay services (the free trial doesn't count).

[quote name='CheapyD']Sorry, I'm not following your problem.
Subscribers get free shipping...you are not a subscriber...you don't get free shipping.

You can still order used games without being a subscriber, but you won't get free shipping on your purchases unless you sign up for one of the pay services (the free trial doesn't count).[/quote]

ok. I thought I read that just because you were a member, you can get free shipping by signing up (without paying).

Thanks anyway.

[quote name='Raymond']All of the gamefly game are lightly scratches...don't expect a game in very good condition after it has been passed around in many gamer's hand.[/quote]

Not true. I've purchased several games from GF, and they look new, minus the shrink wrap.

[quote name='Raymond']All of the gamefly game are lightly scratches...don't expect a game in very good condition after it has been passed around in many gamer's hand.[/QUOTE]

i simply could not disagree more strongly... and i've had a couple of problems with gamefly in the past...

however, receving scratched discs from a purchase has never been one of those problems

[quote name='cdeener']You don't buy from Gamefly do you? About 90% of the copies they sell are copies that have never left their warehouse and are basically new games that don't have the shrinkwrap on them. It is rare to actually get a used game from them.[/QUOTE]

No, actually I bought shadow hearts 2, and Mercenaries ps2 version from them before. Everything is in like new condition, it's just the disc, I hope you understand that the disc cannot be in perfect condition after passing around so many times in different gamer's hand. Also their customer service is outstanding. I like gamefly and their price, just not their game.

[quote name='seanr1221']if you buy more than one game can you save on shipping?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. Last time I ordered from gamefly, you had to purchase every game individually.

bread's done
Back