Gamefly problems (Should I get worried?)

Boeing 747

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok so Saturday the 24th I sent back Wario Ware for the Wii. I just got Gamefly about a month ago, and the only game I have sent back was Elebits.. and they knew within hours that I sent it back with fast return.

Now It's been since Saturday, and I have nothing, no indication that it's been scanned for fastreturn.. nothing. Now Gamefly's policy is to wait 7 days, but should I be getting worried that it was either lost or stolen out of my mail box (My guess)?

[quote name='Boeing 747']Ok so Saturday the 24th I sent back Wario Ware for the Wii. I just got Gamefly about a month ago, and the only game I have sent back was Elebits.. and they knew within hours that I sent it back with fast return.

Now It's been since Saturday, and I have nothing, no indication that it's been scanned for fastreturn.. nothing. Now Gamefly's policy is to wait 7 days, but should I be getting worried that it was either lost or stolen out of my mail box (My guess)?[/QUOTE]

Give it more time.

GameFly takes forever anymore, it was so bad I had to cancel it. If it's tying up your queue though, just report it as missing. I forget how long they ask you to wait, but fudge it a bit and you should be fine.

I've never heard of this fast return you speak of, but normally when I send something back to gamefly, it takes a good 5 days for them to scan it in and mark as returned.

Isn't gamefly located in LA? If so it's going to take some time for mail to go cross country. Hell, my greencine dvds still haven't gotten to SF and I live about two hours away, it's just the USPS shitty service, I doubt they have started to throttle you yet, if they do that.

Dont worry about it, sometimes the post office doesnt scan it and sometimes they do. If it doesnt show up in a week then I would mark it as sent back but not received.

I'm in the same boat as you. I just joined Gamefly a month ago and the first game I sent back was Lost Planet (2/12). They got it 2/13 (due to FastReturn) and shipped my next game the same day, however, I did not receive my next game until 2/17. I find it odd because I'm located in San Diego and their distribution center is located in Los Angeles, and you would think that it shouldn't take 5 out of the 6 mailing service days to reach me. I may cancel if it continues to take about a week to get my next game.

Considering the fact you're in Florida, your best bet is to find the nearest post office that participates in the FastReturn service (they are usually the newer post offices) by asking if they have the scanner that scans the label on the envelope when you return a game. Then just always drop it off at that specific post office. I found that by doing so, Gamefly would ALWAYS ship my next game (due to FastReturn) the day after I dropped it off at the post office. Resulting in slightly faster turnaround.

yea it can take some time since your in florida..

being in the east coast sucks for gf.. wish they would open more centers...

i stay with them though because of their great keep it now prices...

fast return sometimes works for me and sometimes it doesnt...

[quote name='mr ryles']Whats this fast return? I have been with gamefly for 6 months now and I have never heard of it.[/quote]What is FastReturn?

^^This should help.^^

Like I said before, try to find a post office that participates in FastReturn. They'll usually ship the next game in your queue the day after you drop it off. You don't have to drop your games off at the post office location, but it speeds up the turnaround time.

fastreturn is hit or miss. i drop the games in the mailbox right outside, not the post office, and sometimes the very next day fastreturn picks it up. sometimes fastreturn gets it a couple of days later, sometimes it doesn't get it at all. this week, it did pick up the day after i dropped it into the mailbox...

407419921_d991cf460e.jpg

I've had nothing but trouble with Gamefly. I did a 30 trial for me and another in my uncle's name. Both times I kept the original 2 games for the entirety of the trial. Both times they showed one game returned and sent me an email stating I'd have to buy the other game if it wasn't returned at once. It sure seems like a scam to me as both times I returned the games on the same day in the same mail box. It just doesn't make sense that both times they'd get one game but not the other one. It seems they were trying to penalize me for cancelling after the 30 days.

[quote name='mr ryles']I've never heard of this fast return you speak of, but normally when I send something back to gamefly, it takes a good 5 days for them to scan it in and mark as returned.[/QUOTE]

Mine is that way too even with the fastreturn. With one center in LA, I kind of expect it.

I had a ton of trouble with Gamefly, but it wasn't their fault.

I joined and got my first three games, but every time I sent the games back GF never received them. I know you're thinking "Yeah right scammer" but I genuinely sent every game back. So either the USPS person was nicking them, which I don't find very likely as I've never had any other mail go missing, or GF were getting them but it wasn't being registered against my account.

So I kept reporting them as lost in the mail and in fairness GF never charged me for any of the games, I even offered to pay for them (i.e. Buy them like you can with some games) cos I didn't want them to think I was stealing them, but they said they NEVER charge customers for lost games.

In the end they cancelled my account, I can't blame them, them must have had me pegged for a thief, but it's a shame.

Thanks for some of the hints, I think for now on I will drop it off at the post office. It's a bit of a shame GF doesn't have at least an east cost wharehouse.

But it really is a money saver for a system like the Wii where reviews have such a broad range. Plus you can keep games for around $35.

bread's done
Back