Gamefly PS3 Resident Evil 5 $25 shipped, Amazon TIV $24, trade 3 copies get $30 bonus

teaberry

CAG Veteran
First deal post on CAG so please go easy :lol:

Okay, this is an old trick and timing is not very good. Gamefly started a sale for PS3 Resident Evil 5 for $25 shipped (sales tax in TX
mad.gif
). Amazon game trade-in is offering $24 each, so you only lose a $1 per copy, but if you trade in $60 worth of games at Amazon, you get a bonus $30 towards any console. So basically you are spending $3 to get a $30 console bonus code from Amazon.

NOW, to maximize the value of this deal, you would want to probably use it towards. the new Wii deal ($200 shipped + $25 gc until 10/3) or Xbox $360 Elite ($300 shipped - $50 Microsoft rebate until 10/5). HOWEVER, because of the shipping time from Gamefly, the shipping time from you to Amazon, AND the amount of time it takes them to issue you credit (2 business days) and the $30 console promo code (up to 10 days), there's a very good chance you'll miss both console deals going on right now
mad.gif
mad.gif
. Hopefully, there will be a similar deal on either console within the next two weeks...or you can hold on and wait a little longer. Whatever you decide to do, lock-in your Amazon trade-in price ASAP as they tend to change/drop after a lot of trade-in submissions for a particular game. You can always cancel the trade-in request if you change your mind, BUT LOCK-IN the PRICE!!!
smile.gif

Gamefly Resident Evil $25: http://www.gamefly.com/store/game...-5/124710/ (*you have to buy one copy each time, they don't let you buy multiple copies)

Amazon Trade-in Resident Evil value $24 (9/27): http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/s...11&Go.y=10

Amazon $30 console bonus for $60 trade-in: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature....=979418011

If anyone has Gamefly promo codes to share, please do so. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, at least ppl here understand this type of transaction better than Slickdealers ;)
[quote name='Scorch']I won't partake, but it's not a bad deal. Well done, new CAG'er. Great first post.[/QUOTE]

Yep, LOYALTYLEVEL310PC for 10% off game orders (Must be LEVEL 3 member to use it...whatever the heck that is
cool.gif
)
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If you're a long-time member at GF and have the 10% off discount, you actually make out even a little better.[/QUOTE]

I hope more ppl will post other BETTER TIV for other games...

[quote name='teaberry']Thanks, at least ppl here understand this type of transaction better than Slickdealers ;)

Yep, LOYALTYLEVEL310PC for 10% off game orders (Must be LEVEL 3 member to use it...whatever the heck that is
cool.gif
)

I hope more ppl will post other BETTER TIV for other games...[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's a part of their subscription deal. You stay with them for a certain amount of time, they'll give you a discount on their service, but of course, they charge quite a bit for their service in the first place like cell phone companies.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']That's a good price for RE5 if you just want the game, too.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the same thing...might pick up a copy just for keeps, but i'll pass on the whole amazon shebang

Thanks guys, yep, most of my friends don't understand it when I start telling em how to buy their games cheaper either :) There's also Valkyria Chronicles which is selling for $20 at Walmart and trade for about $19.50 at Amazon (was $28 TV yesterday so I locked-in and need to go hunt for them today). :)

Yeah, this was definitely an interesting move. I would probably do it to finally get a Wii, but like you said in the OP, it's possible we'll miss out on something, due to shipping and issuing of credits.

This is a good deal, since you are making about $27 in credit, but OP, you are not only spending $3. You are spending $75 to make 27 in credit. Again, that is a good deal if there are things you want on Amazon, but watch out stating things like that as some people get angry and will think you misled them. Good post overall though.

definitely good for those with Level 3 at GameFly. after the 10% discount, it was only 23.84 after tax per copy. so i spent 71.52 for 72.00 credit. not bad for a free $30 towards the Call of Duty LE system.

also, did not check today, but i locked in NFS: Shift :ps3: yesterday when searching for something to add to my trade in cart (also locked in Valkyria Chronicles). yesterday's value was 36.75 for shift.

Amazon finally matched Best Buy's sale price on Shift this week at 39.99 -- so it's only 36 after ECA. in case someone's looking for another flip toward the $30 promo at Amazon's trade in site.

[quote name='wrencrest']This is a good deal, since you are making about $27 in credit, but OP, you are not only spending $3. You are spending $75 to make 27 in credit. Again, that is a good deal if there are things you want on Amazon, but watch out stating things like that as some people get angry and will think you misled them. Good post overall though.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't think anyone would get angry, because we all know what's he talking about. Yes, you're spending the money upfront to get the copies of RE5, but you're getting most of it right back in credit from Amazon. It's basically just a conversion of funds. As long as you're planning on getting something from Amazon, it's no real loss, because the credit is as good as money. Plus, it's not like his title is misleading. That would definitely set people off.

Sorry, looks like there's a limit on CAG titles? I did copy/paste of my post on Slickdeals to CAG and the "console" part must have gotten chopped off? :lol:

[quote name='MarcBoorstein']Shouldnt the title make it clearer that the 30 Can only be used toward a console.[/QUOTE]

Here's a hint for anyone trading in games on Amazon: If you have the game in hand, or are going to be having it in hand very soon, do the trade deal on Amazon. You have like 10 days to ship the games after that, but more importantly, you lock in the price. Because TIV prices change all the time on Amazon. So if you're happy with the price, lock it in and do the deal right away. If you wait until tomorrow, and they just received 150 copies of that game, maybe the TIV decreases $5 or more. It's a liquid market.

im tempted to do this and put it towards a DS so I can get my Scribblenauts on...thanks for posting...

bread's done
Back