Gamefly Question

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
So I had a couple people talking to me today at work saying that they use gamefly for all of their game rentals and have never got any discs that were damaged or wouldn't play. I find this hard to believe but also one of them said that there has been several times that he has damaged 360 games by moving his console around while the disc is in the tray because as he put it hey it ain't my disc that its gonna screw up. I find it insanely hard to believe that they wouldn't just automatically charge your card if you sent back a game that was damaged. Anyone ever damage a game either on purpose (we've all played those games that were so horrible we feel like we should break the disc to save another gamer from playing it) or accident and had problems with just throwing it in the mail to return to them? I know this really is kind of a pointless post but I'm one of those people that dwells on things so I'm up at 4am still thinking about this.

I really dont think they do, cuz every disk I get is rarely scratched as your friends said. I don't think they could charge your account cuz you got a few dinks in it, if it was unplayable...then that's another story but im sure they would warn you first.

Discs do get damaged when they go through USPS machines on their way back to Gamefly. They have no way of knowing if it was you or the USPS, so I wouldn't worry about it.

It's true, the discs are usually practically mint, sometimes only a smudge on them. Maybe the overwhelming percentage of customers of Gamefly are adults who take care of their games?

While it could be that almost all of their customers are responsible adults I just find that probably isn't the case. Of the people I know that use it their the type that take it out of the console and toss it on the table because their to lazy to find the case to put it in. I wasn't so much asking about just knicks here and there on discs because I would assume that gamefly realizes their renting to humans and minor wear and tear is bound to happen. I'm more curious about the 360 burn rings that make the discs completely useless with the exception of course if you need a coaster. I myself don't care as I don't use gamefly but also treat every disc I own whether it's a dvd or a 360 game as if it cost my entire paycheck and don't touch the shiny side at all. Not sure why everyone doesn't do this it's not really a hard concept.

bread's done
Back