Gamefly Sale - NFS:Most Wanted ($9.99), Crysis 3 ($12.99), Gears of War:Judgment ($14.99)

Crysis 3 and Gears say to me that eventually they'll hit the $10 mark in coming months since their predecessor's did in less than a year as well.

I'm never buying from Gamefly again.  I just bought NFS:MW during their last sale for ~$18 not too long ago.  I'm only halfway through the game.  Totally could've waited.   :(

For those on the fence about Judgement...that's about 15 dollars too much to pay for that turdburger.  I try not to come into these threads and be all negative nancy on everyone, but I was a big Gears fan for 1-3, despite the myriad of changes they made throughout the series, but Judgement was just a slap in the fucking face.  A disgraceful lack of content, especially when compared to the almost ridiculous amount of options and modes available in Gears 3, a "retooling" that makes it feel more like something a COD fan would like (nothing against them, but that's not what I come/came to Gears for), and they went and messed up horde (replaced with "survival") and beast mode with silly alterations that make those game modes much more restrictive.

Hopefully this has helped someone and if you still need to know, 15 is probably an ok deal despite my hyperbole.  You can just do a lot better for 15 bucks these days IMHO.

Yeah, I want to play judgement just because but I'd pay $15 if it was new, not used.

I assume this will be a black friday deal prime suspect for $10-$15 with how it did poorly. Same with Need for Speed.

Dammit man..... :oops: ....... (*reluctantly gets Crysis 3*) The backlog...... it hurts...... Over a year ago I got Crysis 1 from XBLA for $10 and Crysis 2 from Gamefly, also for $10, and I haven't even touched either of them Yet! (same for inFamous, but that's another topic)

For every game that's on sale 75% to 80% off, that's one more game I must beat before I go to next gen.

I guess I'm never going next-gen, am I?

(*goes to post box to pick up Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, puts it next to Dead Space 3, Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs, and 35 other retail games that I'll get to in Fall 2014 - If I'm really lucky*)

I really enjoyed the campaign for crysis 2, does anyone want to give me their opinion specifically on the campaign for the third game?

It's very similar to 2 but has more open areas.

It was good but I wouldn't have played it on console. I mostly enjoyed it as a way to push my GTX 670 to its limits and enjoy the slick visuals.

Oops, forgot to updated the Gamefly thread I've been running.  Thanks OP!

Considering NFS: Most Wanted.  Is it better or worse than Hot Pursuit?

I'll grab Gears Judgement and Crysis 3 when they hit $10.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed the campaign for crysis 2, does anyone want to give me their opinion specifically on the campaign for the third game?
I personally enjoyed Crysis 3's campaign a lot. Was a fun romp, good level design for the most part, and the stealth/power combination keeps the game fresh even to the end. I think it's worth the $13.

On a separate note. I for one enjoyed Gears of War Judgment, never understood the hate for it. It streamlines the campaign, but its fun, and not short by any stretch. Also, loved the new Overrun mp mode personally. I didn't miss horde mode much, but I can see the validity of the game's critics. It's all relative, if you enjoyed the last Gears games a ton and didn't want any changes, then Judgment did not follow that exact path I feel.

Not worth playing. It's the same gameplay as 2. The story is almost identical too, I think. I didn't know what the point of the game was until after I beat it. Overall I would say it's unsatisfying to play.

I want gears judgement but I just got DMC and Revengeance from GF. I'll wait until it hits $10.

I'm never buying from Gamefly again. I just bought NFS:MW during their last sale for ~$18 not too long ago. I'm only halfway through the game. Totally could've waited. :(
I understand your disappointment at seeing the item for less than you paid but how is that Gamefly's fault?

Also, clearly you felt the game was worth $18 since that's what you paid for it. Going on that just enjoy the game. Don't let $8 ruin your enjoyment of the game experience.

I have no clue how old you are but at the end of every game generation prices begin to drop in anticipation of the new generation as stores need to free up space for the new merchandise. This is par for the course.

I'm never buying from Gamefly again. I just bought NFS:MW during their last sale for ~$18 not too long ago. I'm only halfway through the game. Totally could've waited. :(
It was $18 new like a month ago at Best Buy. You just suck at CAG'ing.

i got Gears.  I heard its strength is its campaign and that's all I play anyway.  Will it be $12.99 during Black Friday?  Possibly, but I'll play it as soon as I get it so I think I can eat the $2.

Snagged Need for Speed: Most Wanted for $4.37 (with $5 coupon). More than happy with that price. Thanks OP!

i got Gears. I heard its strength is its campaign and that's all I play anyway. Will it be $12.99 during Black Friday? Possibly, but I'll play it as soon as I get it so I think I can eat the $2.
Very good prices if you're going to play them right away. All of this black friday talk makes me want to pass on Gears and Crysis because I won't get to them until 2014 anyway.

For those on the fence about Judgement...that's about 15 dollars too much to pay for that turdburger. I try not to come into these threads and be all negative nancy on everyone, but I was a big Gears fan for 1-3, despite the myriad of changes they made throughout the series, but Judgement was just a slap in the fucking face. A disgraceful lack of content, especially when compared to the almost ridiculous amount of options and modes available in Gears 3, a "retooling" that makes it feel more like something a COD fan would like (nothing against them, but that's not what I come/came to Gears for), and they went and messed up horde (replaced with "survival") and beast mode with silly alterations that make those game modes much more restrictive.

Hopefully this has helped someone and if you still need to know, 15 is probably an ok deal despite my hyperbole. You can just do a lot better for 15 bucks these days IMHO.
Amen.

I play 3 to this day but I can't stand judgment.

Reviewers praised this game to no end but I don't think any of them were true fans, otherwise they'd be able to tell how badly they changed the game.

Amen.

I play 3 to this day but I can't stand judgment.

Reviewers praised this game to no end but I don't think any of them were true fans, otherwise they'd be able to tell how badly they changed the game.
They messed Gears of war up so much with judgement. Shouldnt even be called gears of war because it doesnt even feel like it. Why change if its not broken?

Love NFS at that price but they need to discount the DLC.

$10 for the game but they want $30 for the DLC???

good price on NFS:MW, I bought my new copy from BestBuy for $14.99+tax but since GF copies usually come in like new, this is a better deal

It was $18 new like a month ago at Best Buy. You just suck at CAG'ing.
That's one reason why I'm not buying from Gamefly anymore. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time it's happened. I wait for a game, Gamefly puts it on sale at my price point, then next week somewhere else has it on sale for the same price but for a brand new copy. I can wait the extra week or two to get a new copy.

bread's done
Back