GameFly September 2010 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

Deathchamber

CAGiversary!
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with prices under $20 and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.
Sale ends 10/4.

:360: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $7.99
:360: Dark Void $9.99
:360: Prince of Persia $9.99
:360: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:360: Darksiders $12.99
:360: Need for Speed: Shift $12.99
:360: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $14.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $14.99
:360: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $17.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:360: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $17.99
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $17.99
:360: Tropico 3 $17.99
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $14.99 (Still has free shipping as of 10/7)
:360: Borderlands $19.99

:ps3: Rogue Warrior $7.99
:ps3: Dark Void $9.99
:ps3: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:ps3: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:ps3: BioShock 2 $14.99
:ps3: Dante's Inferno Divine Edition $14.99
:ps3: Darksiders $14.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Shift $14.99
:ps3: God of War Collection $17.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:ps3: MAG $17.99
:ps3: God of War III $19.99
:ps3: Infamous $17.99
:ps3: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $17.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $19.99

:wii: Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2010 $7.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 2 $9.99
:wii: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $9.99
:wii: MadWorld $9.99
:wii: MySims Agents $12.99
:wii: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:wii: Racquet Sports $12.99
:wii: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing $12.99
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle $12.99
:wii: Rabbids Go Home $12.99
:wii: Dead Space Extraction $14.99
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $14.99
:wii: Red Steel 2 $17.99
:wii: Trauma Team $19.99
:wii: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Just got Alpha Protocal :360: and was installed with no problems.
Game disc was in great condition with a few scratches but the game case in the other hand was chipped in many parts. From all the bad reviews Ive read about the game, Alpha Protocal is actually a really good game. You should definitely pick it up at this price.[/QUOTE]
Sounds identical to what I got. Great condition, few scratches with a chipped case haha, same game too.

Got both of my PS3 games the other day and the cases are manuals were in great shape (even the DLC for one of them was unused) but the discs looked like someone turned them read side up and rammed both palms into them. Took a while to get the games cleaned. I'll never understand how people can treat discs, whether theirs or belonging to someone else, so terribly.

I got ME2 today in the mail and it came in pretty used condition. Kinda disappointed because I could've gotten it new for a dollar more from Amazon or Target the day after. Oh well next time I guess...

This dropped $5.

iconxbox360.gif
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - $14.99 Free Shipping

My copy of inFamous came in pretty good shape. Not the condition that I usually expect for their PS3 discs, but good enough for me.

Copy of Dante's Arrived today, with slip cover (it was ripped) and the DLC which worked and is currently downloading. Disc looks great as well as the manual and the inserts. Another pleasing experience from Gamefly.

Just got in my Alpha protocol, FFXIII, and GTA Liberty city stories. Great prices, the cases and manuals were perfect and the discs had the lightest of wear. This my second order from them but i know ill end up picking up more on their sales.

=/ I don't know why but whichever Gamefly shipping center that ships to Boston, never likes giving me slip covers. Happened to me with FEAR 2 and now Dante's Inferno, ah well

They also have Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for $14.99, which is something I've wanted to pick up and seems like a good play for Halloween.

[quote name='Phenomic']Copy of Dante's Arrived today, with slip cover (it was ripped) and the DLC which worked and is currently downloading. Disc looks great as well as the manual and the inserts. Another pleasing experience from Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tested the DLC as my PS3 is awaiting repairs but I got it as well as a slip cover in great shape. If the DLC turns out then I couldn't be happier with GameFly.

Got Dante's Inferno with the slip cover and I was excited since it looked to be in great shape. Start the peel off the stickers and all the art came with it. Looked like someone else had already tried and ruined it. I was a little bummed out over that.

I didn't get the slip cover for Dante's Inferno either, but I emailed Gamefly and they wrote back almost instantly saying they would ship one right now. FYI - for anyone that cares...

Wished they had another sale and brought back free shipping for non-members.

Would be in for Silent Hill, but $5 shipping kind of kills the deal.

[quote name='Dysheekie']I didn't get the slip cover for Dante's Inferno either, but I emailed Gamefly and they wrote back almost instantly saying they would ship one right now. FYI - for anyone that cares...[/QUOTE]

Would you mind posting what you emailed?

EDIT: I sent an email as well. Haven't gotten a response back. I don't really care either way, just thought I'd try for kicks. Just hope they don't charge me.

Question about those who actually do subscribe to Gamefly.

Do you find that games will display the status of "At home" for a few days, even though you haven't received the disk yet? Just worried that they already lost a disk in the mail after I've only been a member for two and a half weeks.

[quote name='Geello']Question about those who actually do subscribe to Gamefly.

Do you find that games will display the status of "At home" for a few days, even though you haven't received the disk yet? Just worried that they already lost a disk in the mail after I've only been a member for two and a half weeks.[/QUOTE]

AT HOME shows up as soon as they shipped it

I got the new pokemon game shipped

shipped weds showed AT HOME weds night even though i never got it to now (going back tomorrow cause i got it from best buy for 20)

I emailed GameFly about a Dante's Inferno slipcover. Basically said "I ordered DI (PS3) but it didn't come with a slip cover. I was curious if there were any spares that GameFly could send me."

Their response was apologizing I didn't get the game and they were refunding my order. So whoever read my email must have dyslexia.

Before the shopping moral police come in, I have emailed them back saying I have received the game and a refund is unnecessary. I'm a cheap ass, not a thief.

[quote name='icedrake523']I emailed GameFly about a Dante's Inferno slipcover. Basically said "I ordered DI (PS3) but it didn't come with a slip cover. I was curious if there were any spares that GameFly could send me."

Their response was apologizing I didn't get the game and they were refunding my order. So whoever read my email must have dyslexia.

Before the shopping moral police come in, I have emailed them back saying I have received the game and a refund is unnecessary. I'm a cheap ass, not a thief.[/QUOTE]

:applause: + 10 Karma points for you sir... seriously tho, a good deed rarely goes unpaid one way or another.

ALSO: Have people ever ordered and my status says shipped but my tracking number has not been available for days... and I havn't received the game either:drool:

[quote name='jmarano7836']:applause: + 10 Karma points for you sir... seriously tho, a good deed rarely goes unpaid one way or another.[/QUOTE]

I'm fortunate enough that I could have afforded it (or any game) when it was $60. I'm not going to steal $16 from GameFly because someone misread my email.

Got my copies of Assassin's Creed 2, Prince of Persia forgotten sands for the 360 and No More Heroes 2 for the Wii.

Cases, manuals, artwork and discs all in mint conidition. Really really impressed with gamefly.

My last 2 games finally came Friday and this order couldn't have turned out much worse. I've bought I think 16 games from GameFly over the past few years and never had a single issue until this order.

NFS: Shift is scratched just as bad as my copy of GoW III was but thankfully it still works unlike GoW which doesn't. Also my copy of Bioshock 2 literally has 15 chips along the edges of the game. I've never seen anything like it. I thought the 1 deep chip in AvP was bad but this is nuts. It's like someone took a file to the disc every inch or two all the way around...

I've emailed GameFly about GoW III hoping they will send me a replacement, I'll update when I get a response.

My order said it shipped on 10/2, and it's still not here. I live 4 hours from their distribution center... should I report it as shipping problem?

[quote name='Montination']My order said it shipped on 10/2, and it's still not here. I live 4 hours from their distribution center... should I report it as shipping problem?[/QUOTE]

With the holiday that's really only 6 business days. I'd give them a couple more. Although they seem to average 3-4 for most orders.

is Final Fantasy 13 worth the $20? havn't played a FF befor (except for finaly fantasy 10 a while ago) so it not being traditional shouldn't bother me.

seeing as it's used and the mmo isn't for me, im nor leaning towards the ps3 version anymore. is eaither particularly better?

either that or conviction, which the story being short kinda keeps me away for now
or alpha protocal, which i only want for the choice making, the shooting is turning me away.

[quote name='Montination']My order said it shipped on 10/2, and it's still not here. I live 4 hours from their distribution center... should I report it as shipping problem?[/QUOTE]
I live that far from their Tampa center, and got it in 4 days, but I think they shipped it from a Pennsylania center, because that was the return address on the label.

It would explain 4 business days though for delivery, instead of 2 (normal transit time from Tampa).

Yes, nabbed Alpha Protocol. Been dying to replay that after I borrowed a copy. $20 shipped. Beats $35 at Gamestop! and $22 used + shipping on Amazon.

I also received a non-working GoW III (no scratches, but outer edge feels uneven/chipped). They say they can't send a replacement, but will refund and I'll have to reorder. The price is now $5 higher and with another $5 for shipping they're basically saying I need to pay them an extra $10 to get what I've already paid for. Seems pretty crappy - if they have copies available, which they clearly do, they really should fill the orders they've already promised.

so gamefly was supposed to send me a slipcover for dante but they sent me another whole new case WITHOUT the slipcover...blah! anyone wanna sell me their slip for a few bucks paypal?

I'm really sorry but for the kind of deals that GameFly provides on so many games bitching about a missing slipcover is honestly a very petty thing and it's just clogging up a thread

It's not like Dantes Inferno CIB is ever gonna be worth anything

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Conviction just seems completely worthless to me. I wouldn't even spend 10 bucks on it.[/QUOTE]
But it's widely known and accepted that you have utter crap for taste and will spend money on games not worth it all the time, so your opinion on a game comes into question. :roll:

Speaking of Conviction, got mine and it came in very good condition. It's pretty fun so far...I find I enjoy it a bit more than Double Agent, actually.

[quote name='twstd4lfe']It's not like Dantes Inferno CIB is ever gonna be worth anything[/QUOTE]

Even if it was, it's just going to sit on the dork shelf anyway... :hot:

[quote name='woof321']I also received a non-working GoW III (no scratches, but outer edge feels uneven/chipped). They say they can't send a replacement, but will refund and I'll have to reorder. The price is now $5 higher and with another $5 for shipping they're basically saying I need to pay them an extra $10 to get what I've already paid for. Seems pretty crappy - if they have copies available, which they clearly do, they really should fill the orders they've already promised.[/QUOTE]

After my last post I decided to call GameFly instead of just emailing them and they were very helpful. I explained to them that I bought God of War III on sale for $19.99 with free shipping and was given a refund because it was defective. I told the guy I just wanted to buy it again at the same price and would still like free shipping seeing as how it isn't my fault that I received a game that didn't work. He took a minute to speak to someone and...

He told me that I could purchase the game again over the phone at the original price of $24.99 + shipping & tax and that he could then refund the difference bringing the price down to the $21.23 I originally paid after taxes. So there you have it, GameFly came through for me. All I had to do was speak to an actual person and not go back and forth through emails with some customer service admin. Who knew? Give them a call like I did, I hope things work out for you.

Thanks for the info and suggestion, Lucky13. I had a feeling I might get that if I pushed for it. Still suprises me that extra effort is necessary for them to do this "favor", considering that replacing DOA defective items at no cost is pretty much standard policy, even online.

[quote name='twstd4lfe']I'm really sorry but for the kind of deals that GameFly provides on so many games bitching about a missing slipcover is honestly a very petty thing and it's just clogging up a thread

It's not like Dantes Inferno CIB is ever gonna be worth anything[/QUOTE]

thanks for the input bro

I ordered PoP:TFS on Oct. 3 and it still hasn't got here....-_- I just sent them a message so I hope they'll get back to me soon.

bread's done
Back