GameFly September 2013 Used Game Sale (Ends 9/16) Borderlands 2 $10, Crysis 3 $13 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
4.jpg

GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Sale ends 9/16.

Xbox 360
Aliens: Colonial Marines $8.99
Borderlands 2 $9.99
Crysis 3 $12.99
Dead Island $9.99
DMC: Devil May Cry $12.99
Dishonored $12.99
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two $8.99
Dragon's Dogma $12.99
Far Cry 3 $14.99
Gears of War: Judgment $14.99
Halo 4 $12.99
The Hip Hop Dance Experience $9.99
Hitman: Absolution $9.99
Just Dance 4 $9.99
Madden NFL 13 $9.99
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance $14.99
Max Payne 3 $9.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter $8.99
Omerta: City of Gangsters $8.99
Prototype 2 $17.99
Resident Evil 6 $8.99
Sniper Elite V2 $9.99
Tomb Raider $14.99
The Walking Dead $9.99
Wipeout 3 $9.99

PlayStation 3
The Amazing Spider-Man $12.99
Assassin's Creed III $9.99
Batman: Arkham City $14.99
Borderlands 2 $9.99
Crysis 2 $9.99
Dead Island Riptide $12.99
Dead Space 3 $12.99
Dishonored $12.99
DMC: Devil May Cry $12.99
God of War: Ascension $17.99
Hitman: Absolution $9.99
LEGO Lord of the Rings $9.99
Little Big Planet Karting $12.99
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale $12.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter $8.99
Madden NFL 13 $9.99
Max Payne 3 $9.99
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge $14.99
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault $12.99
Resident Evil 6 $8.99
Little Big Planet Karting $12.99
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale $12.99
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time $12.99
Spec Ops: The Line $9.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception $12.99
XCOM: Enemy Unknown $12.99

Wii U
Call of Duty: Black Ops II $17.99

The Croods: Prehistoric Party! $9.99

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two $14.99
Injustice: Gods Among Us $17.99
LEGO City Undercover $19.99
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate $19.99

Nintendo Land $17.99

Resident Evil Revelations $17.99

Rise of the Guardians $12.99

Scribblenauts Unlimited $14.99

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed $14.99

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct $14.99

ZombiU $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Gears of War Judgment is the best Gears game I've ever played. More guns more enemies combined with the best gameplay in the genre. I have beaten the campaign 2 to 3 times will do it again soon. This is honestly my go to shooter. I would have payed 50 dollars for this (Im cheap). If you like 3rd person cover based shooters with crazy fun co-opable action incredibly satisfying head shots fun guns and fun enemies. 

Also just bought DMC again awesome game.

3rd recommendation Far Cry 3, lots of fun.

Tomb raider also good but short if you dont want to do search quests.

Halo 4 is okay.

Gears of War Judgment is the best Gears game I've ever played. More guns more enemies combined with the best gameplay in the genre. I have beaten the campaign 2 to 3 times will do it again soon. This is honestly my go to shooter. I would have payed 50 dollars for this (Im cheap). If you like 3rd person cover based shooters with crazy fun co-opable action incredibly satisfying head shots fun guns and fun enemies.
Also just bought DMC again awesome game.
3rd recommendation Far Cry 3, lots of fun.
Tomb raider also good but short if you dont want to do search quests.
Halo 4 is okay.
To each his own I guess, since Judgement is the worst Gears of War multiplayer in the entire series. Campaign is ok, but you notice the poor programming of the AI very, very quickly when playing on Insane. There is such a HUGE spike in difficulty between hardcore and Insane due to this. Also, you will hate Boomers with a passion and hope to get a better spawn batch of enemies the next time around.

I just went ham ! ! ! Spent $77 including tax . These are the first 360 games I've bought all year ! And I've really been wanting them all so this is great .

Resident Evil 6

Max Payne 3

Halo 4

Sniper Elite V2

Far Cry 3

Metal Gear Rising Revengance

Thanks Cheapy!!  Been waiting for a cheap price to play the Walking Dead games.  In for the PS3 version of the first game which is also $9.99.  Picked up the Wii U version of the Survival Instinct. 

I'm so spoiled by the Microsoft sales (same price new as they are being sold used here) that these don't seem like such a great deal.

How long does it usually take to receive games from gamefly. I placed my order on 9/6 and still have not received my game.
Usually it takes me anywhere from 2-3 days max, (I receive most of my games from PA facility.) however for the first time the game "Sleeping Dogs" was going to be shipped to me through the Kansas Facility and it turns out they lost my package.

I ordered on 9/4. Waited over a week and nothing, so I ended up having to contact them to get a refund. Shame, I really wanted the game but with GTA V around the corner, guess it's not such a big deal.

I just went ham ! ! ! Spent $77 including tax . These are the first 360 games I've bought all year ! And I've really been wanting them all so this is great .

Resident Evil 6

Max Payne 3

Halo 4

Sniper Elite V2

Far Cry 3

Metal Gear Rising Revengance
Sniper Elite V2 has the worst AI I've ever seen in a game....well I'm exaggerating but its crap,lol.

Sly Cooper and PS All-Stars came in today in mint/complete condition and included unused cross buy features (the cross buys are included on the disc, not a code on a separate piece of paper) and werent tied to a PSN account yet. I've been thoroughly impressed with my Gamefly purchases over the past couple of months. 

Two games here. Ratchet. And dead space 3. Looks like noboy even touched them. Also my copy let me download ratchet to my vita.

Hey guys!  I need some input here.  I just received 4 PS3 games from Gamefly.  All came from the Pittsburgh distribution center, and all have chips on the outer edges.  That doesn't concern me as much since I'm not going to be trading these or reselling them.  But 3 out of the 4 have issues on the discs, and I was wondering if I can get your opinions on the matter.

Resident Evil 6 came with a complete crack on the inner ring.  I've never seen it before, but a quick google search stated that the crack may spread later on to the data portion rendering the disc useless.  I loaded it up and it loaded up fine, but if I need to keep putting it back into the case or even into the PS3, that crack (which is from the edge of the inner circle going all the way to the edge of the data portion right now) is going to get into the data portion.

Both Lego Lord of the Rings and Borderlands 2 have a 1 cm deep scratch in the middle of the discs.  The scratches are deep enough that I can see color changes at the bottom of the scratch (it's more metallic like in color).  Both of those games load also, but my concern is if they will not load once I've reach the middle of the game (or which ever area of the game where the data portions on the two games that have the 1 cm deep scratch on) and they won't let me continue because they won't be able to load that portion of the game. 

Of the 4 I had ordered, only Spec Ops the Line disc has no sratches on it, only a bunch of chips. 

Should I return the other 3 games?  Basically, I just wanted to know if the Blu-ray discs will play even if they have 1 cm deep scratches on them.  Thanks.

You should definitely return Resident Evil 6. I ordered Prototype a while back with a crack in the inner ring and it eventually spread to the data portion of the disc and became unplayable. Mine was for Xbox - I don't even want to imagine what abuse yours was subjected to if it cracked a Blu ray. You may want to stick it out on the others as I recall that they ban people for too many returns in a short period.

So I take it since Bioshock Infinite is not in the OP it is not technically on sale (i.e. it'll drop more)?
I doubt it. I think they didn't advertise it originally since they were out of stock at the end of the last sale and didn't think they would have any by then. You might not see it for less than this 'til Black Friday maybe.

I doubt it. I think they didn't advertise it originally since they were out of stock at the end of the last sale and didn't think they would have any by then. You might not see it for less than this 'til Black Friday maybe.
Iunno man, it's been 20 bucks off and on for approaching a month now, it was one of the best selling games of the first half of the year, and it has no MP. It may not go much lower til black friday, but you'll see it for twenty bucks left and right until then.

Yup! I read that, too. This was the first time that I had gotten a package like this from them. Usually, there will be a bunch of chips, but the games do work. This time, 1 had a crack and 2 others have those deep scratches. I'm rushing through Lego LOTR right now to see if it freezes anywhere, preventing me from finishing the game. Borderlands 2's scratch is just as deep and a little bit longer, but there's no way one can rush through that one.

You should definitely return Resident Evil 6. I ordered Prototype a while back with a crack in the inner ring and it eventually spread to the data portion of the disc and became unplayable. Mine was for Xbox - I don't even want to imagine what abuse yours was subjected to if it cracked a Blu ray. You may want to stick it out on the others as I recall that they ban people for too many returns in a short period.

Question for anybody that has bought from Gamefly. I bought Darkness 2 months ago but I never got a chance to play it just because of my busy schedule. Tonight I popped it in and it's not reading. Xbox says game disc is unreadable etc. I look at the disc and the disc is flawless. not a scratch, nothing. Restarted xbox multiple times, nothing. still unreadable. Does anybody know if Gamefly will even accept a return at this point? or am I SOL? thanks...

Question for anybody that has bought from Gamefly. I bought Darkness 2 months ago but I never got a chance to play it just because of my busy schedule. Tonight I popped it in and it's not reading. Xbox says game disc is unreadable etc. I look at the disc and the disc is flawless. not a scratch, nothing. Restarted xbox multiple times, nothing. still unreadable. Does anybody know if Gamefly will even accept a return at this point? or am I SOL? thanks...
SOL

awesome possum, thanks!

lesson learned: try all games I get no matter how immaculate they are.
Best rule of thumb pertaining to Xbox games is to install it to your HDD on your system right when you get it. If it installs fine without any hiccups, you can uninstall it because it will play fine. If it has problems installing to the HDD then return it to GameFly.

Best rule of thumb pertaining to Xbox games is to install it to your HDD on your system right when you get it. If it installs fine without any hiccups, you can uninstall it because it will play fine. If it has problems installing to the HDD then return it to GameFly.
yeah I remember doing that with a few games that came slightly chipped, but I never thought it would happen with a flawless disc :/ oh wellzzz

I had them once take something back after 3 months. But I had bought quite a few before it and never had an issue. I just explained that I hadn't checked it and I had been playing the other stuff I ordered. They told me I could only do it once. Might as well try.

So commit fraud? Because that's what you're suggesting.
Fraud? Really, swapping a flawless disc like he said for a disc that is probably not flawless and returning the same item back with the flawless disc. I don't know if he tried it on another xbox but I've had games work on one and not work another. That might be the case there because I've personally seen it happen. He doesn't have to do it, hence the reason I said "I don't know if you would want to do this".

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for $19.99 is a bargain. For you Wii U owners, that's a great game. You can download the demo first, but read up on it if you're curious. 

It's a deep game and there will be a lot of stumbling when you start off, but man does it get fun. Especially when you play with friends. 

Fraud? Really, swapping a flawless disc like he said for a disc that is probably not flawless and returning the same item back with the flawless disc. I don't know if he tried it on another xbox but I've had games work on one and not work another. That might be the case there because I've personally seen it happen. He doesn't have to do it, hence the reason I said "I don't know if you would want to do this".
Flawless or not, the disc isn't working to his knowledge, so yes, doing that is fraud. Justify in your head all you want, people have suggested that shit multiple times and its been deemed fraud.

Received 4 of the 5 (all Xbox 360) games ordered yesterday.  All the discs were in very good condition with only minor scratching and fingerprints on the discs.  One of the discs had minor chipping, but no biggie in my opinion, since it doesn't affect disc play/performance.

DmC is back in stock for 360.  I would have preferred a PS3 copy, but since there's only one day left on the sale, I didn't want to take the chance of there not being a restock, even though I think there will be.

Damn, looks like there's no chance now of having DMC on PS3 come back in stock.. Oh well, maybe next time

Still deciding if I want to keep MH3U or not...if I didn't already own :wii: MH3 I would definitely grab it, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot added other than Game Pad HUD and the bonus quests/whatever.  I'm just afraid that it will be impossible to find later given its cult status and its proximity to the system launch.

Still deciding if I want to keep MH3U or not...if I didn't already own :wii: MH3 I would definitely grab it, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot added other than Game Pad HUD and the bonus quests/whatever. I'm just afraid that it will be impossible to find later given its cult status and its proximity to the system launch.
I bought MH3U about a month ago used for $34 and its totally worth it if you like monster hunter. I put 300+ hours into Tri on the Wii, and I'm still having a lot of fun with MH3U. Lot of new monsters to fight, subspecies etc, plus its HD! And if you want, you're able to play the entire game on the gamepad screen, or the tv screen, its pretty cool. I'd say $20 is an amazing price for the amount of content you get

How fucked up is it that big name games like God of War Ascension, Gears of War Judgment, Tomb Raider, and Black Ops 2 are still readily available days after they went on sale, but DMC sells out in a matter of nanoseconds?

^I'm sure price is the deciding factor on most of those.  Also this is the first time I know of DmC getting this low. I'm pretty sure all those others have been around this price a few times already.

bread's done
Back