GAMEFLY sticking it to me

bostonfrontier

CAG Newbie
This is my first month with Gamefly.

I sent back 2 games last week and they were both received on Friday. Right now it is Wednesday and they haven't shipped out any other games to me. I have 3 games in my queue with statuses of "High" , "Medium", and "Low" availability.....

What gives man..... I'll probably cancel because of this sh*t

[quote name='bostonfrontier']This is my first month with Gamefly.

I sent back 2 games last week and they were both received on Friday. Right now it is Wednesday and they haven't shipped out any other games to me. I have 3 games in my queue with statuses of "High" , "Medium", and "Low" availability.....

What gives man..... I'll probably cancel because of this sh*t[/quote]
I usually put at least 10 games in the queue to ensure shipment. :lol: 3 games in your queue is too low imo (especially if they're not all "high" availability). G'luck!

Maybe because all of the games you have in your list are not listed as now available.

Just a guess.

Dont bash gamefly because you dont have enough games on your list, that your own fault.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I usually put at least 10 games in the queue to ensure shipment. :lol: 3 games in your queue is too low imo (especially if they're not all "high" availability). G'luck![/quote]
Agreed. You either have a big queue in order to get games right away or keep a small queue and wait until your game becomes available. I notice for the big releases that if I timed it right and my previous game arrived the day before a games' release more than likely I'll get it.

But yeah gamefly is not perfect and there are drawbacks to this and any other online rental service.

[quote name='sinewav']Agreed. You either have a big queue in order to get games right away or keep a small queue and wait until your game becomes available. I notice for the big releases that if I timed it right and my previous game arrived the day before a games' release more than likely I'll get it.[/quote]
That's what I'm trying to do right now. I'm waiting for Assassin's Creed to become available and get a copy sent to me. I got Orange Box from them this weekend so I can wait for AC. I may give up and have UT3 sent to me if it's not sent out by Saturday.

I canceled when I started seeing a 2+ week turn around (usually 3-4 days for them to receive, and then about 6-10 for me to get it.)

[quote name='lordwow']I canceled when I started seeing a 2+ week turn around (usually 3-4 days for them to receive, and then about 6-10 for me to get it.)[/QUOTE]
QFT

Exactly the reason why I cancelled (just as well; I've got a bunch of games to play, anyway).

Gamefly is pretty terrible sometimes... Like when I send a game back, I will get an email saying they got the game in, but they wont send me a new one for atleast 4-5 business days(this means 4-5 days until it gets shipped.) I always have atleast 20-25 games in my queue...

I rarely experience more than a three day turn around. I'm a big gamefly advocate. Can't sing their praises enough.:applause:

As for shipping, from the sound of the comments in this thread I'm going to make an assumption about how people are managing their queues. If you've got a small queue - say 4/5 games - and they're all hot titles you may have a little wait. I usually keep my queue in the 5-10 range, depending. Manipulate it a little and you'll get your games. If you log in and everything you've got is unavailable (highly unlikely) then the problem is obvious. Add some more games. If you're getting titles you're not as hot on before the ones you are then delete some games. It's all about being a little proactive.

I haven't had issues with customer service either. On the random off chance I need to talk to them I've always been able to have whatever issue I had resolved. There's a working system in place. You just need to use it.

I've been with them for a while now and gone through the ups and downs and I can tell you they've done nothing but improve as they've grown. I swear by them.

I have heard bad things about gamefly, so I'm not trying to defend them, but honestly, three games isn't enough. Give them some leniency. I would keep at least 10 games in my queue. And if I don't have a few listed as "high availability" then I wouldn't be surprised if nothing was sent for a while.

It's not like these people can afford netflix-sized collections.

I have three games in my Q right now. I am expecting a two -three day wait until one actually gets sent. I don't really mind since it is my last month as a memeber.

bread's done
Back