GameFly + Street Fighter IV = Potential CAG Bonanza!

daringone

CAGiversary!
If you're a GameFly member for over a year, you could score some serious savings on SFIV. Even if you're a GF newb, you can save substantially.

If you're lucky enough to get it shipped to you today, GameFly's "Keep It" price is $47.99. Nobody's rented it before you obviously, and they ship you the case and manual free, so you essentially get SFIV new for $48.

If you're a long time member (over a year) you also get 10% off, dropping the price to $43.19! Steal!

But wait, there's more! If you still have your $5 off loyalty coupon you get every quarter, you can commit larceny and get this game for just $38.19, over a $20 savings from MSRP!

God I love GameFly :)

I've been w/ GF for a few months, and I've got to say I'm disappointed. You pretty much have to do the 2 game at a time plan cause their turn around is so slow. Here's my rental history, and I started on DEC 6th. All these games were beat w/in a couple of days (well except VC). In the case of Gears2 it was returned the next day.

Valkyria Chronicles 2/4/09 Rented
Naruto: The Broken Bond 1/22/09 2/6/09 Returned
Prince of Persia 1/13/09 1/28/09 Returned
Gears of War 2 12/29/08 1/8/09 Returned
Naruto: NJS 12/10/08 12/26/08 Returned

Also there customer service is just a form letter. If you ever have anything besides a lost/scratched game it takes forever to get a response. I also hate how they never take responsibility. Sure they don't charge you, but they never admit they had a service problem it's always a glitch, my fault, or the postal services (who never have a problem w/ netflix).

FYI if you plan on cancelling GameFly send in your games, clear your Queue, and wait until they receive the games before cancelling.

If you don't they'll claim they never received the game(s) and charge you for them.

bad thing is not all games have KEEP IT NOW PRICES

the new Fire e. game for the Ds has no keep it price.

also for those who complain about shipping got to remember,even if you only rent 2 games per month for 16 per month that is still cheaper then what it would cost to BUY Them and resell them.

i was thinking about just buying the games beating them and reselling them but now your lucky to get 50% out of new Ds and psp games meaning a 15 buck lost what = 30 buck lost on 2 games

Yea if you wanted ps3 or 360 games i would say go to BLOCKBUSTER its cheaper but ifyou want

PSP and Ds games this is the only way to go

also there is an 800 gamefly number just google it.

Yeah, this isn't really a new idea. I got Fable 2 for under $50 when it came out. I did find that I was keeping more games than I anticipated when I was a GameFly member, so I canceled my subscription. It got too expensive.

[quote name='iRent']trial does not get you FS. only if you are a paying member.

Also, you can buy the game as soon as it is in the mail (don't have to wait until you receive it) It should have Keep it button on there as soon as it's out.
[/QUOTE]

Dont know what FS means (free shipping/for sale?) but I do have the option to purchase (Keep It) the game as a trial member.

[quote name='Arakias']Dont know what FS means (free shipping/for sale?) but I do have the option to purchase (Keep It) the game as a trial member.[/QUOTE]

FS= free shipping

[quote name='iRent']If I sent back Monday morning, they would receive on tuesday and ship my next one immediately, and I would receive on Wednesday. I figure that I am within 2 hours radius of the Los Angeles GF center.[/quote]

Wow, I have to say I am jealous of you on that one. I live in VA and my games go to the PA distribution center, which takes about 2 days each way. Out of 14 rentals and 26 shipments (14 to me, 12 back), I have only had two fall more than a day outside of this range. Reading the posts from other people in this thread though, it sounds like there are some big dead zones across the country as far as shipping times go for GF.

I really like the service, but my major problem has been one mentioned often; it seems like you can NEVER get newer games. If you miss the 24 hour window when a hot new game comes out and is listed as "Available Now" it is unlikely you will be able to get it for months. Case in point: I signed up for GF in late November and my top 10 included Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Fable II, Call of Duty: World at War, Left 4 Dead, and Gears of War 2. Of those six games I have only been able to get two of them (L4D and Gears 2), and the only reason I got those two is because I blanked my Q except for those two games over Christmas while I was out of town, and it still took them five days even with nothing else in my Q.

My other pet peeve is that GF implies that it is best to have a large Q, when it seems to me the only reason they encourage this is to screw everyone with a large Q by sending them stuff way down their list. Case in point: when I first set up my Q I loaded it all the way to 50, but that ended pretty quickly when the first five games I received were all outside of my top 10 (one as low as #24).

[quote name='xrickyb86x']Yeah this is an easy and very common trick for Gamefly users. I've done it plenty of times.

Also, I've e mailed Gamefly customer service about their weak quantities on newer titles like Dead Space and Mirror's Edge and how it can take months for them to become available. I asked them why this is even a problem when they know the demand will be ridiculously high for those games. A real fucking person actually responded to me in less than a business day and even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear, it was probably one of the kindest and most polite e mails I've ever read. She told me to be patient and that X360 games are always the hardest to get but they make it their priority to get you the games as soon as they can.

Probably the wrong thread to discuss this in but I thought I would let you guys know.[/quote]

:lol:

Haha, funny that he post this, "weak quantities of newer titles", in a topic about people keeping newer titles instead of returning them.

Too the guys who are saying you can "NEVER GET NEW RELEASES" this is only half true. If a game like SFIV or KZ2 or FEAR 2 is coming out I make sure I have a slot open then I put ONLY the game I want in my queue. I get the game on release day every time like this. If you wait a few days though you won't get the game for a while.

If you really want a game don't put other games in your queue or they will send you those.

I used Gamefly around the time it first launched and it was a blast. New releases were coming all the time. I actually canceled because I didn't have the time to play all the games they were sending me...

Around the end of 2007 I signed back up. That's when I realized things were a little different. New releases would be on my queue for weeks. That's when I discovered the trick of sending games in and timing them with new releases. It became too much of a hassle and I canceled after a few months...

I signed back up AGAIN in 2008 (with a different e mail address so I could get a free trial :applause:) because of the money Gamefly actually saved me. It's still the same situation, which sucks, but the amount of money it saves me is worth it IMO. I totally understand if people don't want to put up with it though.

[quote name='ryanmassacre']not to be a jerk but if i pay 15.99 a month for one game out and buy it now for 47.99 - 10% = 43.19 then i get a game for 59.18 but then i get to rent games all month that might be 3-4 games. sounds good for people that like to rent games but its not for me sorry im out[/QUOTE]

ditto. Personally, I don't like to rent games because I feel pressured to finish the game sooner. I prefer not to and just rather buy the game on the cheap. Besides GF takes a whole week for turnaround, from the day I send it until I get a game in return.

In contrast, Netflix get's me a movie in 3-days.

In my experiance, it is not clearing your entire que that will get you the game but making sure you have no Available Now in your que. I could have 10 out of 10 High availability (supposedly 75% chance of getting it) in my top 10 but if I have one Available Now down at number 39 in my que I am assured of getting #39. After reading this thread yesterday I went and put SF IV up at top of que and made sure I have no Avialable Now's (Got 36 things in que and for PS3 not that hard to not have any available now's). This morning I woke up to an e-mail saying they were shipping SF IV :D. As soon as it gets here I will be hitting that ol Keep It Button. Works like a charm!

not to be a dick but how is this thread news?

this sort of thing has existed for quite awhile now, myself (when I had gamefly) and countless others have done the same things for years now

[quote name='xrickyb86x']I used Gamefly around the time it first launched and it was a blast. New releases were coming all the time. I actually canceled because I didn't have the time to play all the games they were sending me...
[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt this mean that you were sending them back games before you played them? I dont think they were sending you games without your permission or something.

bread's done
Back