Gamefly trial $5.95 + 400 MS points

that is a pretty nice deal if you own an xbox360 and want to rent games

is this deal workable with the $20 referal that gamefly offers current users?

Not a bad deal for the service. Been a member for almost two years and overall pretty satisfied. The fact that they added a shipping center helps as well. Good find.

If you are getting the 400 points, then that is a fantastic deal. It's basically a month of gamefly for $1. You can cancel after the trial month with no strings attached, right?

been waiting since last weds

Hot shot golf 2 open tee or whatever its called psp

Summon knight twin age both shipped last weds never got any

Im a sad panda : (

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Lol, I already have a Gamefly account but signed up with a diff email and credit card for this deal :p[/quote]

You got a second Gamefly account just to get a deal, even though having two accounts offers no advantage over having one? Doesn't sound like a very smart move to me, since the average human can't play more than one game at any given moment (well, maybe Culdcept Saga).

Just for those wondering on how ( mail? / sent online? /email? ) they will get the 400 points...

You'll receive 400 Microsoft
Points via e-mail in 4-6 weeks.

At least that is what Gamefly told me after I signed up. :roll:

For anyone concerned with turnarounds or who had a bad experience in the past, GameFly just opened a new distribution center in Texas. That makes four, now. Personally, I live in Jersey (the closest center being in Pittsburgh), and the turnaround is lightening quick.

For those that got in on this offer, do they actually give you 400 MS points? Anymore details of this in the signup process? Like I said in my first post, the wording is a bit confusing.

I wonder if I can combine this with the $10 sign up bonus in FatCash (FW). I've cashed out a lot of money from FW.

[quote name='ryanbph']that is a pretty nice deal if you own an xbox360 and want to rent games

is this deal workable with the $20 referal that gamefly offers current users?[/quote]

I'm betting not. They tend to find any reason possible to not give you referral credit... ie. if they signed up under this 'deal', the referral 'deal' doesnt count. At least that's how the 'friends and family' promotion worked.

[quote name='Ryukahn']If you are getting the 400 points, then that is a fantastic deal. It's basically a month of gamefly for $1. You can cancel after the trial month with no strings attached, right?[/quote]
Yes, cancel and not worrying about it is a complete and total option. But it makes me wonder... You get the points after 4-6 weeks? A whole month later? I'm willing to be skeptical of the fact that you won't get the points if you don't continue with a second month at full price.
[quote name='Mitch662']Just for those wondering on how ( mail? / sent online? /email? ) they will get the 400 points...

You'll receive 400 Microsoft
Points via e-mail in 4-6 weeks.

At least that is what Gamefly told me after I signed up. :roll:[/quote]
Bah... 4-6 Weeks, almost a sweet deal... almost.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']For anyone concerned with turnarounds or who had a bad experience in the past, GameFly just opened a new distribution center in Texas. That makes four, now. Personally, I live in Jersey (the closest center being in Pittsburgh), and the turnaround is lightening quick.[/QUOTE]

bad thing about this is if a game isnt at the location near you. They will send it out of a another place DAYS after it says it shipped. I called to complain about the summon knight game and they said Please allow up to 14 days to get it .

they did give me 5 gamefly bucks but they said if the shipping center does not have it , it will say shipped and they will then ship it out of another center up to a few days later.

80% of my games come 2 to 3 days. the rest of the time (around 5 times counting this time) 7 to 10 days

I hope i get it tomorrow i really want to play this game....

now with 20 gamefly bucks though i can either get

Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard for around 4 (probally sell it for 24)
or
Final fantasy tactics 2 DS for probally 13 bucks (they probally sell it for around 33)

[quote name='Vegan']You got a second Gamefly account just to get a deal, even though having two accounts offers no advantage over having one? Doesn't sound like a very smart move to me, since the average human can't play more than one game at any given moment (well, maybe Culdcept Saga).[/quote]

It's actually very nice, especially if you only have a 1 game out limit. I signed up for two free trials and this was nice b/c no downtime between sending a game back and having a game from them. So it's not like you waste 4-5 days of your month sending a game back and waiting for next in queue to ship and arrive. That way you'll usually have a game at home to play if you decide to send the other back. Also this was nice for me because I got two $5 off coupons..

[quote name='aznguyen316']It's actually very nice, especially if you only have a 1 game out limit. I signed up for two free trials and this was nice b/c no downtime between sending a game back and having a game from them. So it's not like you waste 4-5 days of your month sending a game back and waiting for next in queue to ship and arrive. That way you'll usually have a game at home to play if you decide to send the other back. Also this was nice for me because I got two $5 off coupons..[/quote]
Alright you confused me even more...

When I first signed up I had the option of either having the one game deal or the two game deal. I thought that was standard. I got the 2 game deal so I could alternate the two games and never be without a game. And I never was, it was fantastic. I'd play one game, waiting for the other one to make it there and for them to send me another game.

A couple months later the 3 game deal became available and about a year later the 4 game deal became available to me.

I've since gone down to a one game deal because I am lacking in time to play.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']For anyone concerned with turnarounds or who had a bad experience in the past, GameFly just opened a new distribution center in Texas. That makes four, now. Personally, I live in Jersey (the closest center being in Pittsburgh), and the turnaround is lightening quick.[/quote]Thanks for the heads up...bit on this one.

Thanks OP!

RoCkIn!!111

I signed up last night, was unable to combine with Fatcash, but request Bladestorm to be sent to me... this is a game I've wanted to play for a long time but could never justify the $45 used price... so instead I get to play it for $5.95 and the bonus? The thing that pushed me over the edge to try gamefly? Why the distribution center right here in Pittsburgh where I live... that's too good to pass up.

Just got an email Bladestorm has been shipped... sign up last night, play games this weekend. just in time for this shitty weather AND the wife to be away. JOY

I only have one CC, but I'm going to attempt making another new account anyway for this (with a different e-mail, of-course). I was a GameFly member for over a year, until I just couldn't afford it anymore (basically since Brightspot closed - I kept it a few months after, but then I just couldn't keep it up) - hopefully, this will work.

Edit: I just registered with the same CC and everything, and it worked fine. The only thing different was my e-mail. My card also already got charged the membership fee (although it came out to $6.37 and a $1.00 holding fee [ which I'll get back ]).

Thanks OP.

Dang, I used Gamefly a few years ago, I still remember the 9.95 stuff for 2 games at once, I guess they have had a lot more business since then. Anyway, I think I might do a month of this and take my chances w/ the points. Some recent fighters I want to try out that just came out.

Was scoping this deal today... probably the first advertisement on my 360 dashboard that got my attention. About to sign up. Quick question, anyone know if there is a shipping center near Seattle, or even one on the west coast at that matter. Thanks.

To answer my own question, it says my shipping center is Los Angeles, good enough for me.

I saw an alternative deal on TV tonight. Pizza Hut was advertising their P'zone (pizza-sized calzone for $5.99) and mentioned at the end of it getting a free 1-month trial to Gamefly. It's on the front page of their website.

orangetop.gif

pizza.gif

Limit one (1) offer per person/family/household. Must be 18 years or older with a valid credit card. Offer valid in the 50 U.S. states and D.C. only. LIMITED-TIME OFFER. FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP IS SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOUND AT WWW.GAMEFLY.COM. Please note: GameFly will begin billing your credit card for a monthly membership fee (plus any applicable taxes) on the first day following the end of your trial membership period. You must cancel your trial membership prior to the end of your trial membership period to avoid having your credit card charged for the next month. GameFly will send an email on day 7 of your trial reminding you of the pending charge. Valid for new GameFly members only (not valid for existing and former members).

Has anyone got this to work when you had a GameFly account in the past? I've had one years ago, and I have tried to sign up again using deals similar to this. It never worked for me. I would always receive an e-mail from some dude, at GameFly, saying that I already had an account, and needed to reactivate it to be member again. He used my physical mailing address to provide this information.

[quote name='Steelpen2']Has anyone got this to work when you had a GameFly account in the past? I've had one years ago, and I have tried to sign up again using deals similar to this. It never worked for me. I would always receive an e-mail from some dude, at GameFly, saying that I already had an account, and needed to reactivate it to be member again. He used my physical mailing address to provide this information.[/quote]

I just signed up today, no problem. Used a different email, duh b/c it is required for registration. I don't know about same credit card, since its been years though. But so far no problems, I guess I will find out once I get my first game.

I bite on this one. With the new distrubition center in Austin,Tx ( 40 miles away), I should have really fast turn around, so one at a time should work for me.

Thanks OP.

I signed up for Gamefly about two weeks ago. My first time signing up. I missed out on the free 30 days with Pizza Hut, and now I missed out on this XBox Live deal. I e-mailed them about the Pizza Hut thing because I got a code for a free month four days after I started my trial membership, but they wouldn't honor the promotion. They've sent me 3 games so far, and I still haven't gotten the first one from my queue, so I'm definitely not continuing my membership past the trial period.

[quote name='mattoz85']I signed up for Gamefly about two weeks ago. My first time signing up. I missed out on the free 30 days with Pizza Hut, and now I missed out on this XBox Live deal. I e-mailed them about the Pizza Hut thing because I got a code for a free month four days after I started my trial membership, but they wouldn't honor the promotion. They've sent me 3 games so far, and I still haven't gotten the first one from my queue, so I'm definitely not continuing my membership past the trial period.

I guess if anyone wants a free month of Gamefly, send me a PM. New customers only, apparently.[/QUOTE]

What's the first game in your queue?

[quote name='mattstockton12']This would be great if I didn't already have a stack of (purchased) games as tall as my 360 that I haven't gotten a chance to play yet.[/quote]

Same here, but I have decided for this promotion to take it, play the games for this month, and get back to them later, and boy do I mean several that I have, at least 20. Well, some are original Xbox games, but its still a bunch.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']What's the first game in your queue?[/quote]

Boom Blox for Wii. I guess it's rare or something? Or a lot of people don't want to risk buying a puzzle game for $50?

Either way, I've played through 2 360 games, plus I have another on the way, and all I really want to do is throw bombs at block towers :cry:

[quote name='mattoz85']Boom Blox for Wii. I guess it's rare or something? Or a lot of people don't want to risk buying a puzzle game for $50?

Either way, I've played through 2 360 games, plus I have another on the way, and all I really want to do is throw bombs at block towers :cry:[/quote]
This happened to me once or twice, I really wanted a game that thre was a low probability of it being in stock so I would get the next game in line.

Although there was one particular time... I wanted to play Eternal Sonata, the chance of one being on stock was high, so I should have definitely gotten it shipped to me with it being first in my que. For some odd reason I got the game that was 8th in my que, Sonic and the Golden Rings. Oh I wasn't very happy at all. -.-

[quote name='mattoz85']Boom Blox for Wii. I guess it's rare or something? Or a lot of people don't want to risk buying a puzzle game for $50?

Either way, I've played through 2 360 games, plus I have another on the way, and all I really want to do is throw bombs at block towers :cry:[/QUOTE]

That's why you didn't get it. Boom Blox is very popular right now and I bet guarantee a lot of people rented it because they wanted to play it but they felt it wasn't worth the $50(?). I wouldn't let this situation ruin your Gamefly opinion.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']That's why you didn't get it. Boom Blox is very popular right now and I bet guarantee a lot of people rented it because they wanted to play it but they felt it wasn't worth the $50(?). I wouldn't let this situation ruin your Gamefly opinion.[/quote]

Yeah, its under the very low category, it says the chances of it shipping are less than 25 percent I think. They probably found it easier just to do the next game in the que.

Anyone know how the east coast shipping times are? I canceled my account with these guys last time because the wait was pretty consistently 5-7 days, and that won't cut it in this get-it-done-yesterday kind of world

I'm guessing this latest batch of deals won't do much for turnaround time or game availability for us paying subscribers. . .

[quote name='Damian']Can you cancel easily (ie through the web site?) or do you have to call someone and deal with customer service?[/QUOTE]

You can cancel right on the website if you don't want to continue the service.

I just quit, their service sucks really bad. I rented a grand total of 8 games in 2+ months, and 2 of them got "lost in the mail". I then tried calling them (it took apprx. 40 minutes to find telephone number through google), to be told that my account might be under review. Basically I took this to mean that they would continue to charge my cc but not ship out any games as there were 5 games that just came out that were in my cue and nothing was sent out!

i wish this was for 500 wii points instead, anyone want to buy me 500 wii points for live points? id love to try gamefly

Either way, I've played through 2 360 games, plus I have another on the way, and all I really want to do is throw bombs at block towers :cry:[/quote]

I signed up and put Boom Blox on my queue as #1. Received an email and it's sent. Sorry :(

I live in MN and it looks like they don't have any shipping centers nearby. Anyone from the MN vicinity care to comment on the shipping turn around time?

Not to thread crap or anything, but make sure you send back any game you have in your possession before canceling your service. I canceled my service before returning Hotel Dusk and a few weeks later they charged the game to my CC. I distinctly remember sending the game back. It all seemed very fishy to me.

bread's done
Back