GameFly Weekend PC Deals: Witcher 2 $15 and More

[quote name='gilby']Steam copies too?[/QUOTE]

I believe so. I think the only way to get your key for the Steam version is by digging into the windows registry. You can also send the developer proof of purchase here to have them send you a key.

So can anyone confirm that The Witcher 2 actually activates on Steam? The above link about requesting a digital key is only for GOG, not Steam.

[quote name='noelrock']So can anyone confirm that The Witcher 2 actually activates on Steam? The above link about requesting a digital key is only for GOG, not Steam.[/QUOTE]

The only keys that activate on Steam are Russian region keys. All other region keys will not activate on Steam. You can try your luck with the link that louiedog gave a few posts up. Some people (like myself) were able to get a RU Steam key from the developer provided you showed a proof of purchase. I got mine back in July (right before the Summer Steam Sale). However, some people were only able to activate their keys on GOG. For some reason, I was able to do both.

[quote name='Gosha']used the code DOWNLOAD to get Borderlands GOTY for 6 bucks, works on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. $5.99 after the coupon. Downloading on Steam as I type this. Thanks!

[quote name='noelrock']So can anyone confirm that The Witcher 2 actually activates on Steam? The above link about requesting a digital key is only for GOG, not Steam.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it does. All the GameFly titles that come with Steam keys say "This title installs and requires Steamworks to play." on the product page. The Witcher 2 page doesn't say that.

[quote name='Kablasia']If i buy Star wars knights of the old republic will it only be single player or will it still have mmo features?[/QUOTE]

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is NOT Star Wars the Old Republic. They are two separate games, made in different decades.

Of course if you want to just wait 6 days, on 11/15 SWTOR goes free to play up to level 50 and you can single player the class stories up to their conclusions if you want. Roll a Jedi Knight or Imperial Agent and treat it as your "single player inside an MMO" version of KOTOR 3.

[quote name='louiedog']I believe so. I think the only way to get your key for the Steam version is by digging into the windows registry. You can also send the developer proof of purchase here to have them send you a key.[/QUOTE]

edit-used the promo code to get borderland for $6, activated by adding to steam library after waiting 2 hours for the gamefly download to become ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gosha']used the code DOWNLOAD to get Borderlands GOTY for 6 bucks, works on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I got Witcher 1 for $3.99.

I picked up The Witcher 2 (which I redeemed on GOG) and Borderlands 2 (which I redeemed on Steam) for a total of 17.49. I don't anticipate I'd do much better even during Holiday sales, so I didn't hesitate in picking these both up.

[quote name='blehman']I picked up The Witcher 2 (which I redeemed on GOG) and Borderlands 2 (which I redeemed on Steam) for a total of 17.49. I don't anticipate I'd do much better even during Holiday sales, so I didn't hesitate in picking these both up.[/QUOTE]

Just done exactly the same its a great deal!!
dealsrsus

[quote name='reminiscentgath']Just done exactly the same its a great deal!!
dealsrsus
[/QUOTE]

whoa both for $17.50? care to explain? thanks :D

[quote name='blehman']I picked up The Witcher 2 (which I redeemed on GOG) and Borderlands 2 (which I redeemed on Steam) for a total of 17.49. I don't anticipate I'd do much better even during Holiday sales, so I didn't hesitate in picking these both up.[/QUOTE]
Do you mean Borderlands: GOTY?

Witcher 2 ($14.99-20% = 11.99) + BL:GOTY ($7.49-20% = 5.99) = $17.98

I'd be all over dragon age at that price if it was the ultimate edition.

So tempting. Already have on 360 though.

bread's done
Back