GameFly Weekly PC Sales (1/14 to 1/21) + 25% Off Coupon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
These deals last from 1/14 (10AM PST) to 1/21, except for Darkout $7.49, which is 1/14 only.

Use coupon code GFDJAN25 to get an additional 25% discount.

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/pc/onsale

PAYDAY 2 $17.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons $7.99
TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre $6.99
How to Survive $7.49
PAYDAY 2: The Armored Transport $4.99
Tiny Brains $9.99
Battle Group $1.25
Zoo Park $5.99
Little Kingdom $1.59
Football Director $3.25
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold $11.89
Euro Truck Simulator 2: Go East $4.39
Monster Truck Destruction $7.99
Roaming Fortress $4.99
Jack Keane $4.99
Manhunter $7.49
Shadows on the Vatican - Act 1: Greed $3.49
Q.U.B.E. $4.99
Darkout $12.74
The 39 Steps $7.49
Chernobyl Commando $7.49
Kairo $2.49
iBomber Defense: Pacific $2.99
Chompy Chomp Chomp $2.99
iBomber Attack $3.49
iBomber Defense $2.99
Storm in a Teacup $2.99
HyperSonic 4 $1.99
RADical ROACH $4.99
Smash Cat $1.99
International Snooker $6.49
Steam Heroes $2.99
Ampu-tea $2.99
Age of Fear: The Undead King $4.99
Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord $9.99
Darkout $7.49
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter $3.75
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter $4.99
Serious Sam: The First Encounter $1.49
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter $1.49
Serious Sam: Double D $1.99
Serious Sam 3: BFE $9.99
Serious Sam 3: BFE Digital Serious Edition $12.49
Serious Sam 2 $2.49
Dungeon Hearts $1.49
Foul Play $7.49
Critical Mass $0.99
Megabyte Punch $9.99
Ironclad Tactics $11.24
Huntsman: The Orphanage - Halloween Edition $9.99
Metal Dead $2.49
Party of Sin $6.69
Teslagrad $7.99
Postmortem: One Must Die (Extended Cut) $4.68
Skullgirls $7.49
Amnesia: The Dark Descent $4.99
Penumbra Collection $1.99
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs $7.99

Yup, Borderlands GotY is less than 4 dollars too... Sort of tempted by it but know I likely wouldn't ever got back to it again.
I know how you feel, its even tougher playing and loving the first one and then falling in love all over again for the second one. That entire time your realizing how confining 1 was and the basic mechanics needed an overhaul which it did in 2.

My PC copy goes unplayed, but it gave me a nice hat.

I know how you feel, its even tougher playing and loving the first one and then falling in love all over again for the second one. That entire time your realizing how confining 1 was and the basic mechanics needed an overhaul which it did in 2.

My PC copy goes unplayed, but it gave me a nice hat.
Yeah, I feel I would be buying it on for the save file that triggers heads/skins at this point... Luckily, they're not all that great and (I guess its good) they didn't make any for the Psycho, which is who I've been playing with in the PC version.

Pretty good deal on The Banner Saga when you factor in the coupon code + the early buying discount, $15 before tax.

How do GF games work? Do you get a .exe of the game or do they register on steam?
The same as Amazon or Gamersgate: it depends on the game. Some activate on Steam, some on Origin, some on Uplay, and the majority of the rest are direct downloads.

How do GF games work? Do you get a .exe of the game or do they register on steam?
Games that require a client will specifically state it on the game page in the store. For example: Borderlands: GOTY has text right beneath the screenshots which states "This title installs and requires the Steam Client to play."

Last edited by a moderator:
Games that require a client will specifically state it on the game page in the store. For example: Borderlands: GOTY has text right beneath the screenshots which states "This title installs and requires the Steam Client to play."
Amnesia machine for pigs and payday 2 is what I wanted but I don't see it say anything about steam so I guess its a direct download. Ill still get it but I was hoping to add it to my steam account.

Thanks.

Amnesia machine for pigs and payday 2 is what I wanted but I don't see it say anything about steam so I guess its a direct download. Ill still get it but I was hoping to add it to my steam account.

Thanks.
Payday 2 says Steam in the banner above the description.

Darkout isn't showing as on sale for me. Still shows $14.99 :(

EDIT: NM, I'm an idiot. Didn't notice the "Starts at 10am PST" bit :S

Really considering the Banner Saga.  Had my eye on it before this sale and this seems like a good price on a game that just releases today.  Not huge on SRPG's, but i did enjoy XCOM a lot, and i enjoy story driven games a great deal, so hopefully I like this.

Definitely a solid price for Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs with coupon. Looks like sales prices are starting to show up.

*EDIT*

Arg. I really need to pay closer attention to Gamefly purchases, whether it has a Steam key or not. Oh well.

Arg. I really need to pay closer attention to Gamefly purchases, whether it has a Steam key or not. Oh well.
I'm right there with you.

Good job, GameFly - you successfully got me to purchase The Penumbra Collection without reading closely enough to realize I am not getting a Steam key with the purchase. GameFly client required to download. .... You win, and I'm a fool.

Hmmm - looks like this is the cheapest The Sims 3: Supernatural ($7.49 before coupon) has been.

Any gamers who own the game got any thoughts on this expansion?

I'm right there with you.

Good job, GameFly - you successfully got me to purchase The Penumbra Collection without reading closely enough to realize I am not getting a Steam key with the purchase. GameFly client required to download. .... You win, and I'm a fool.
Yeah, I accept responsibility for not reading closely enough, but now I have to download their proprietary client to play it. That's a bummer. =/

Hmmm - looks like this is the cheapest The Sims 3: Supernatural ($7.49 before coupon) has been.

Any gamers who own the game got any thoughts on this expansion?
From a content standpoint, it is arguably the best Expansion. Multiple new races, a new world, many new gameplay mechanics and a bunch of new items. On the flip side, everything is...well, supernatural. You'll have packs of werewolf and fairy sims roving around, and mildly annoying zombie attacks. The magic/potion creation is fun, and there are a bunch of new collectible/growables, but if you don't feel like playing specifically as a magic user or race, there probably isn't much value. It is definitely attuned towards a specific style of gameplay, but tat being said, as a standalone expansion, this one probably adds the most "content" to your game, including a new world.

From a content standpoint, it is arguably the best Expansion. Multiple new races, a new world, many new gameplay mechanics and a bunch of new items. On the flip side, everything is...well, supernatural. You'll have packs of werewolf and fairy sims roving around, and mildly annoying zombie attacks. The magic/potion creation is fun, and there are a bunch of new collectible/growables, but if you don't feel like playing specifically as a magic user or race, there probably isn't much value. It is definitely attuned towards a specific style of gameplay, but tat being said, as a standalone expansion, this one probably adds the most "content" to your game, including a new world.
Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

I watched LazyGameReviews review on it - interesting that you can turn on/off Supernatural content (population of race types) & lunar cycles.

bread's done
Back