Gamefunk has a 60 gig PS3 for $399

Used? eh, not interested. Not a big fan of buying used consoles online (have been burnt in past). But I doubt I'll ever find a new 60gb ps3 online. Maybe ill sleep on it and take the plunge tomorrow if they still have them.

Get one on ebay with the 30% cashback. I see a Buy It Now PS3 60GB with an extra controller for $400, free shipping, and it looks like it is in great shape. Use the 30% cashback and you are basically getting it for $275.

[quote name='Xerxes']They'll be more. There use to be a long thread and a lady named Mary I think who worked there.[/QUOTE]

Is everyone in this thread referring to this item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250303729758

If that's not allowed, the seller is 0gameplay0 and they claim to operate a store in TN. I have no real reason to doubt, but you never know.

Looking at their feedback history they had never previously sold a PS3, so I'm curious as to if there will in fact be more. Additionally, a couple of new members seem to be bidding up this item. Frustratingly, this takes it out of BIN status and invalidates it for the Cashback promotion.

I just find it funny because I was looking through eBay and thought I found a catch only to have it slip away. And then this post appeared. Oh well, gotta act faster.

I bought my 60gb PS3 from gamefunk when it was like $350 or less and it's been working fine. I've played through Uncharted, the entire Metal gear solid series (using the PS2 backwards compatibility for the PS2 games), Heavenly Sword, Stranglehold, and logged a bunch of hours in Burnout Paradise, Folkore, Warhawk, DMC4, and Resistance. The only time I had lots of weird issues was playing through Stranglehold, and I think it was just due to really shoddy programming. Midway is notorious for technical bugs.

As for gamefunk, they're a legitimate CAG affiliate and their customer service is great if you do happen to run into any problems in the first 30 days I think it is.

I too bought my 60gb ps3 from gamefunk (after a coworkers recommendation) and it has been rock solid. I wouldn't hesitate to jump on this if you want a 60 :)

[quote name='dubbfoolio']someone remind me what the advantage of the 60gb is. just backwards compatibility?[/quote]

Over which version?

But yes, full PS2 BC is the main draw to the 60GB. Full BC is also in the 20GB, but the 60 has built-in WiFi and more card readers

And the PS3's HDD is easily swappable, HDD space isn't a huge issue

I might actually consider this. If I could get a good return on my 40gb model and only wind up spending about $50 extra it would be a steal as I no longer have my PS2.

[quote name='santasack']yea but, an 80gb is only $399 on amazon... :/
smile.gif
[/quote]

For the sake of not getting flamed, you need to realize that there are differences between the two consoles. Look into it a little more to save yourself from ridicule.

More on topic, does anyone have concern for the YLOD problem reoccuring primarily in 60g consoles?

bread's done
Back