GameQuest Direct Weekly Special: Ar Tonelico (PS2) $19.99 after coupon

Thanks! Sucks I could not use the coupon to take $10 off each additional copy of the game :(. But 1 is enough for now...

Damn you, Cheapy. I seem to be buying something from these people every week now. Wished you got some commission for this though.

This a good RPG? I have heard mixed reviews. I suppose I will do a little research. But it seems like a great price.

Ar tonelico is a decent rpg to me, most would say it's just ok-the main thing about this is it was probably the rarest game released in the past 2 years or so in terms of availability-I've got a few myself though (before the wave of anti-hoarders start lynching me, I just want to clarify that my copies are not for resell, I am just a diehard collector)

Wait... $30 before coupon for a reprint? No deal... $20 is okay, but no music cd? weak... glad got this $25 shipped with the music cd.

[quote name='Serpentor']Wait... $30 before coupon for a reprint? No deal... $20 is okay, but no music cd? weak... glad got this $25 shipped with the music cd.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with a $30 reprint?

That's what DDS1 was reprinted for and Nocturne was $40.

I have two coming now. One with a soundtrack, and one without. I knew I should have waited a little longer on the Rosenqueen one, but I didn't wanna miss out getting the game again.

I still have a copy of the original with art book still sealed........ should I hold onto it to see if it increases in price since it is sealed or sell it right now for about $70-$80 and then buy this reprint and spend the other $50 or so dollars on MGS4?

thoughts?

A question, are all the games that GQD sell on their website re-prints? I noticed that in one of the latest CAG deals on the front page (that ends today) that they're selling both "Street Fighter Anniversary Collection" and "Street Fighter Alpha Anthology" new, both of which outside of eBay and the like are hard to find new. Historically, since the 32-Bit era, Capcom's console fighting games/ports always had a low print run, which later led to jacked up prices for used copies amongst retailers. I remember the defunct FuncoLand doing so with most PS1/Saturn Capcom fighting games (hell I know so, I once sold my copy of the PS1 "X-Men: Children of the Atom" port to them and got decent credit for it, $10-$15), and of course the shining example today is "Marvel Vs. Capcom 2" for PS2/XBOX and to a lesser extent Dreamcast.

A couple of months back, I bought new copies of both SFAC and SFAA from local retailers around my way. SFAA cost me $30, which was fine seeing as it was the original MSRP, but I was blinded to pay a whopping $50 for SFAC when I couldn't find it at any GS or any new copies online (at a respectable price). I still have the latter sealed, wondering if I should sell it with all of the buyer's remorse that I have toward it. That was $20 over the original MSRP man!

My point is, I figured that these two games went out of print quite some time ago (especially SFAC), and was surprised to see new copies swimming around in the last couple of months, so I was wondering if it was courtesy of GQD.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I still have a copy of the original with art book still sealed........ should I hold onto it to see if it increases in price since it is sealed or sell it right now for about $70-$80 and then buy this reprint and spend the other $50 or so dollars on MGS4?

thoughts?[/quote]

Buy MGS4. I'll probably be buying two, one regular (if i can get to NYC signed by Hideo Kojima himself) and a LE version....:)

As for this, reviews don't seem to like it, but everyone on here seems to liek the series. Going to be a tough call....

[quote name='the_punisher']Buy MGS4. I'll probably be buying two, one regular (if i can get to NYC signed by Hideo Kojima himself) and a LE version....:)

As for this, reviews don't seem to like it, but everyone on here seems to liek the series. Going to be a tough call....[/quote]

Can you give me info on Hideo's NY signing please.

It would be nice if I could get the sound track but I ordered one anyways. I've been looking for a copy to play at a relatively cheap price.

God seriously must hate me or something. I bought a new GH3 Guitar before the Gh3 with wired for $43 deal, me = $49.99. And about 2 weeks ago I bought Ar Tonelico for $49.99 with art book. *sigh*

Great deal though, wish I would have waited. I bought bought it 'cause I was searching for NIS games. :bomb:

[quote name='slidecage']is it 20 shipped or does it cost extra for shippnmg[/QUOTE]

$20 + SHIPPING

[quote name='ykcil542']I received my GQD copy of the game today and it DOES NOT include the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:(
Thanks for info.

I really must thanks for this. I really didn't care much for the soundtrack and though I could find this game for 50 with artbook and other things I wanted this version instead (the half-price thing won me since I don't care much for the 'collectors' version). I am so glad I found this place...next K-mart hunting xP

Great deal, been building my ps2 RPG collection since I picked up a 60gb PS3 and it great to be able to do it on the cheap. Don't mind the lack of a soundtrack, never listen to them anyway, find after spending as long as you do with RPGs I'm plenty sick of the music by the time I'm done.

[quote name='ykcil542']I received my GQD copy of the game today and it DOES NOT include the soundtrack.[/quote]

i don't think it would, from GQD that is.... I got my order yesterday (not from GQD), the music cd is not in the game case, it's shipped along with the game in a white sleeve (crappy protection, got a minor scratch on it).

[quote name='Krymner']This a good RPG? I have heard mixed reviews. I suppose I will do a little research. But it seems like a great price.[/QUOTE]
Easily one of my favorite games of last year. I know I'm in the minority though, so I guess take my opinion with a grain of salt. Especially since the deciding factor on whether or not you'll enjoy it is how much you like cute anime girls. Needless to say, moe characters are a weakness of mine...

Did anybody else get that sticker/coupon on their case for GameQuest that expires 12/15/05?
It's $5 off of $50 or $10 off of $100, but kinda late if its not just a typo.

[quote name='JohnLa101']Did anybody else get that sticker/coupon on their case for GameQuest that expires 12/15/05?
It's $5 off of $50 or $10 off of $100, but kinda late if its not just a typo.[/quote]

Yes it's an old coupon they stick to most of their games. :lol:

bread's done
Back