Gamersgate - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY PC - $6

[quote name='wilflare']would have gotten it rightaway if it's steam-able[/QUOTE]

Why would it be Steam-able?

It requires G4WL.

[quote name='kart007k']So, I can re download it from GFWL in future.[/QUOTE]

GFWL is a service, not a retailer. If you mean Games for Windows Marketplace, then the answer is no, they don't work like that.

But you can download it at GamersGate.com forever*. I've had some games there since 2009. They are a good service with good customer support when you need it.

* Forever = As long as they are in business blah blah blah.

I just picked this up! I got a new laptop and wanted to see how it performs.. Though I dont game much on PC but hey $5 bucks aint bad at all. Already played through twice on my 360 haha

I picked this up through GG last year and was pleased with their service. Highly recommended! I'm not sure what laptop you have, numnuts77, but I have a nice MSI GX640 that runs the game swimmingly. The GFWL integration is quite nice for this game. Steam would have been great, but I don't miss it.

On that note, does anyone have a recommendation for a good, 3rd-party wired Xbox 360 controller? My Hori one sometimes acts weird, and I can't for the life of me find an official Xbox 360 wired controller since they seem to be off the market.

I played a good way through this game with the keyboard and mouse, but after a while I really yearned for a controller. Thanks in advance for any tips.

This is a great deal. I don't see why it needs to be able to activate in Steam in order for people to pick this up? Just add it as a non-Steam game. Its arguably one of the best superhero games ever made and certainly the best Batman game. For 6 bucks this is a steal...

[quote name='bdb2m']This is a great deal. I don't see why it needs to be able to activate in Steam in order for people to pick this up? Just add it as a non-Steam game.[/quote]
Agreed.

Its arguably one of the best superhero games ever made and certainly the best Batman game. For 6 bucks this is a steal...
Also agreed.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I picked this up through GG last year and was pleased with their service. Highly recommended! I'm not sure what laptop you have, numnuts77, but I have a nice MSI GX640 that runs the game swimmingly. The GFWL integration is quite nice for this game. Steam would have been great, but I don't miss it.

On that note, does anyone have a recommendation for a good, 3rd-party wired Xbox 360 controller? My Hori one sometimes acts weird, and I can't for the life of me find an official Xbox 360 wired controller since they seem to be off the market.

I played a good way through this game with the keyboard and mouse, but after a while I really yearned for a controller. Thanks in advance for any tips.[/QUOTE]

I really think the official one is best, especially for the price. I used a gamestop one for a while but it was kind of a POS.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wired-Controller-Black/dp/B003ZSN600/ref=dp_ob_title_vg

Thanks op. For $6 this is a great deal.

Edit: The site is crashing left and right for me now. I hope it resets itself so I can get Batman.

[quote name='bdb2m']This is a great deal. I don't see why it needs to be able to activate in Steam in order for people to pick this up? Just add it as a non-Steam game. Its arguably one of the best superhero games ever made and certainly the best Batman game. For 6 bucks this is a steal...[/QUOTE]

I will agree that it is the best game of the year right up there with UC2 from last year, but some people like to have all their digital games in one place in case they need to redownload or get a new computer without having to open multiple downloaders or wonder which game they bought on which service. That is why I try to just do steam.

[quote name='dmdragon']I will agree that it is the best game of the year right up there with UC2 from last year, but some people like to have all their digital games in one place in case they need to redownload or get a new computer without having to open multiple downloaders or wonder which game they bought on which service. That is why I try to just do steam.[/QUOTE]

GG allows you to keep the installer files. For 6 bucks just back up to a memory stick or hard drive. I do understand people love steam. To be honest I like Steam too, but mostly for the prices during sales. That said, this site is cheap ass gamer, and the fact that people pass up really good deals for the sole reason that its not on Steam confuses me. I'm going to say even during the summer sale it probably won't be any cheaper than this.

To each his, own though.

[quote name='bdb2m']
To each his, own though.[/QUOTE]

Like most people I love getting everything on Steam. I like to review games there, and you can't review it if you don't own it there. I like for my friends to see how many I own. And the sales are the best. I

bread's done
Back