Gamersgate Deals - All about GamersGate sale

Bonobos

CAGiversary!
Everything about GamersGate deals

(Since this is a WIKI thread, consider to update this thread if you find a great deals from GG, thanks)

Gamersgate Storefront

Gamersgate Games on Sale - update 8-28-2011

Weekly Pick:

Heavy Hogur: $9.95 $4.98 (50% off)

Past Weekend Deal:

740x100_summersale_D01_ROTT.jpg

Weekly Deal

Tropico 3: $14.95 $0.96 (95% off) Price fixed
Tropico 3 : Absolute Power (expansion): $14.95 $2.39 (84% off) Price fixed

Summer Sale Daily Deal

8/7/2011
Paradox Week

740x120_PDXSS_Monday.jpg

Daily Deal

8/5/2011

8/2/2011 The Witcher 2: Digital Premium - $49.95 $29.97 (40% off)
Magicka Collection: $24.95 $8.73 (65% off)

SEGA Daily

Monday: Empire & Napoleon Total War GOTY Bundle (Steam) - $29.95 $7.49 (75% off)
Tuesday: Condemned Criminal Origins - $14.95 $3.74 (75% off)
Wednesday: Alpha Protocol - $19.95 $4.49 (75% off)
Thursday: Football Manager 2011 (Steam) - $19.95 $6.78 (66% off)

SEGA Week

Sega Games On Sale Link (50% - 80% off)
Best deal: Medieval 2 Total War Gold Edition - $29.95 $3.98 (87% off)

Ubisoft Daily (75% off on selected game everyday)
City in Motion Promo (PC+Mac)

w27_citiesinmotion.jpg

UK Store EA Special Deal

Best of the deal: FIFA 11 - s£29.95 £14.95 (50% off)

History Week

HOI3 Promo
Painkiller Weekend
Other Deal
Unlisted Deal - update 6-30-2011

GamersGate Features
  • One biggest feature from GamersGate is the use of Blue Coins.
    Blue Coins are GamersGate’s virtual currency, is a reward program earned by purchasing games or by simply participating in activities, like pre-ordering games, reviewing games, rating games, and becoming a game tutor; who helps other users with game issues or questions. These coins can then be used to purchase games.
  • You don't need to worry about region restriction. Unlike direct2drive or maybe for some games in steam most of gamersgate game its for worldwide direct download.
  • No need for a client, no need to be online to play a game (depend on the games DRM), just click and play.
  • Patches is usually faster than Steam.
  • You can re-download your game anytime, you can burn the installation files to a DVD.
  • There's no DRM for most of games including Paradox and Capcom titles, there no other and you can view what kind of DRM the game has before you buy that game, if it comes with Steam DRM then the page would say it comes with a 3rd party DRM and you need to install client for it.
  • You can find most of Steam games on GamersGate with a low price, register the key into your Steam account so you can download it from Steam later.
FAQS

Is Gamersgate similar to STEAM meaning do you have to run their application to be able to play the game?
Do you need an account to actually play the games? or is the account only used for buying?
No, GamersGate is not like Steam.. You have to set up an account, but it is only for purchase.
Is the downloading in Gamersgate done via a special proprietary application or can you simply use a browser to download it?
Is resuming download possible or do you need to download it all at once?
Downloading is done through a proprietary app that requires .NET 2.0. Yes you can pause and resume a download, there's an option for it.

Is the downloading format of the game a single file? one you can easily backup?
Is it a EXE file? Is it encrypted in any way?
Downloads may vary, Stalin Subway comes in .bin files, other games comes in full folder with encrpted setup file (.exe), these are decrypted with the GamersGate downloader. All files can be backed up like any others.
Is the installation of the game independent from Gamersgate meaning you just run it like any other normal installation wizard? or you need Gamersgate to install the game?
You need GamersGate downloader to install. Once the files are decrypted, games install normally. But if you really want, you can use copy-paste trick (I would explain this later) to get it fully decrypted without using GamersGate downloader

After the game is installed does it rely on Gamersgate for anything? or is it just like any normal PC Games, total independent?
No, it's just like any game.
Can the installation and running of the game be made totally offline and without any internet access?
Like you download it in one PC, backup the download file to a USB memory stick and transfer it to another PC with no internet access and install and play from there without any problem?
Games run offline, it depend on the games original DRM (GamersGate don't have their own DRM), if its using STEAM then you can visit Steam website and check their faqs about their DRM. A game can be backed up and moved without problem.

For more info visit GamersGate FAQS
TIPS

How to make GamersGate games setup file fully decrypted?
  • You need to do this step during the game installation process after you finish the download (choose to keep the file in the downloader option).
  • If you already choose to keep the temporary file in the end of download or you already keep the downloaded games, then you need to run the setup process via GamerGate downloader that came with the game once again (no need to install)
  • Make sure you know the downloaded games folder location (in most case its inside GamersGate temporary files folder), and browse for the game setup file/launcher (.exe). If you don't know which the file is, check the folder without running the downloader, look for the "launch" file (without extension), check the size and look for the same size .exe file inside the same folder during the setup process.
  • Copy-paste the .exe setup file to another place outside the folder.
  • Close the downloader and copy-paste/cut the setup file back to their original folder.
  • Now you can rename the folder to the game name, run the setup directly from inside of it (without using the downloader), make a back up or move it to another place anytime you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Remfin']Dawn of Discovery update:

My second code "Serial 2" changed to "Original Game Codes" and the new one was valid for the original game. Looks like it may finally be fixed.[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for the heads-up! I checked my account and my Serial 2 is just as you mentioned it. It's definitely different than the original Serial 2 I received earlier.

if only these titles are Steamworks! -inside obligatory Steam whine-
Tropico seems really tempting, missed the Steam sale a couple of times

Many thanks to previous posters for the suggestion to check out GamersGate UK. I just dropped $7.29 on five games that would have totaled $35+ in the US store. :D

I love the internet!

[quote name='beeman07']Many thanks to previous posters for the suggestion to check out GamersGate UK. I just dropped $7.29 on five games that would have totaled $35+ in the US store. :D

I love the internet![/QUOTE]

What are the games?

[quote name='wilflare']if only these titles are Steamworks! -inside obligatory Steam whine-
Tropico seems really tempting, missed the Steam sale a couple of times[/QUOTE]

i did as well, i wish it was a steamworks game, but i might pick it up anyways.

[quote name='beeman07']Many thanks to previous posters for the suggestion to check out GamersGate UK. I just dropped $7.29 on five games that would have totaled $35+ in the US store. :D

I love the internet![/QUOTE]

I'm cvurious about it as well....

What games? :lol:

Cryostasis is $2 in UK store while being $6.something in US store
and Titan Quest Gold is $5.54 in UK store and $6.78 in US

Those are the only ones worth a damn to me
Go see for yourselves, maybe you'll find more

[quote name='didamangi']What are the games?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply folks, but I had a busy day at work.

No clue if any of these games are good, but the prices were right and that's all I need to fuel my current game buying addiction. I picked up the following from GGuk during my sleepless stupor this morning.

Prices below are in GBP (at 20:02 EDT, 1 GBP = 1.64366 USD). Prices in parenthesis are current GamersGate (US) prices for the same titles.:

You Are Empty - 1.25 ($4.98)
XIII Century - Blood of Europe - 1.25 ($12.48)
Theatre of War 3 Korea - 0.78 ($14.97)
Sid Meier's Railroads! - 0.64 ($1.59)
Desperados 2 - 0.44 ($1.59)

Total = £4.36 ($7.17 USD. Would have saved $0.12 if I bought them right now.)

Fun fact: I just bought Sid Meier's Railroads! on CD for $4.99 two weeks ago from Amazon, but I figure $1.05 for the download version would save me the hassle of loading the CD every time I want to play it. I'm lazy that way.

Shop on!

[quote name='beeman07']Sorry for the late reply folks, but I had a busy day at work.

No clue if any of these games are good, but the prices were right and that's all I need to fuel my current game buying addiction. I picked up the following from GGuk during my sleepless stupor this morning.

Prices below are in GBP (at 20:02 EDT, 1 GBP = 1.64366 USD). Prices in parenthesis are current GamersGate (US) prices for the same titles.:

You Are Empty - 1.25 ($4.98)
XIII Century - Blood of Europe - 1.25 ($12.48)
Theatre of War 3 Korea - 0.78 ($14.97)
Sid Meier's Railroads! - 0.64 ($1.59)
Desperados 2 - 0.44 ($1.59)

Total = £4.36 ($7.17 USD. Would have saved $0.12 if I bought them right now.)

Fun fact: I just bought Sid Meier's Railroads! on CD for $4.99 two weeks ago from Amazon, but I figure $1.05 for the download version would save me the hassle of loading the CD every time I want to play it. I'm lazy that way.

Shop on![/QUOTE]
How were you able to purchase them the other way?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']How were you able to purchase them the other way?[/QUOTE]

Log into gamersgate.co.uk with your gamersgate.com credentials, check the currency conversion via xe.com for the games you want, pay via PayPal. Why PayPal? Because they will automagically do the currency conversion for you and not make you pay extra to do it (some credit cards charge a fee for this service). The payment will show up in your PayPal account in GBP, but if you look at the transaction details you will see the USD equivalent.

Is that the info you wanted?

[Won't back on CAG for a few hours. Gotta get my PS3 on.]

[quote name='psynide']is sid railroads enjoyable?[/QUOTE]

I hope so, now that I have two copies!

Looking forward to a week of vacation next week so I can start playing all of the games that I picked up in the last few months.

Can any one here tell me how a GG summer sale work?
just so I can work out a buying system

If I understand it right, they'll have different sets of games on sale each week of the sale, is that right?
Do they repeat some stuff?

[quote name='beeman07']I hope so, now that I have two copies!

Looking forward to a week of vacation next week so I can start playing all of the games that I picked up in the last few months.[/QUOTE]

Bought SMR during Steam winter sale. Sunk 76 hours into it already. Very fun casual little game. Definitely take advantage of the mods to add more maps. My boys who are 5 and 3 love to watch me play on my laptop since they are so into trains. Didn't think I was until I picked this up! Highly recommended game. Besides, it's Sid! How can you go wrong?

[quote name='psynide']is sid railroads enjoyable?[/QUOTE]

There is a free demo available on Steam. You can answer your own question! \\:D/

I found it to be underwhelming. 15 years ago, I was a huge fan of Railroad Tycoon 2, which is a much more strategic game (and older, and less attractive). I had a hard time getting into the more casual "Railroads!" game. But I would still recommend it at the current price. Hard to go wrong for two bucks. And, similar to Jester, my boys (6 and 2) would probably love to watch me play the prettier game.

Could anyone help me buy Darksiders as gift ? I'm gonna pay back witch paypal.

Unfortunately I live in Europe and trying to find cheaper options to buy games

I bought some Sims 3 expansions. Looks like I have giftable mac versions of them that came with it. Any mac users want to trade something? I have World Adventures, Late Night, and Ambitions.

Dang, Darksiders must have been a daily deal, it is showing up as $19.99 now. I passed on it during the Steam sale due to buying so many other games, but would go for it for $5 now.

Anybody want to trade? I've a giftable copy of Tropico 3 (not Steam) and the expansion. Feel free to PM me.

It seems there's a price error on the deal of the day! Disciples III went $3 and its 90% off (75% in GG home screen)!!! Its a good time to pick this game before the price fixed.

[quote name='Bonobos']Anybody want to trade? I've a giftable copy of Tropico 3. Feel free to PM me.[/QUOTE]

is that a steam copy of Tropico 3?

[quote name='wilflare']is that a steam copy of Tropico 3?[/QUOTE]

Nope, its a retail version.
I could give you Tropico 3 with the expansion for Titan Quest Gold.

[quote name='Bonobos']It seems there's a price error on the deal of the day! Disciples III went $3 and its 90% off (75% in GG home screen)!!! Its a good time to pick this game before the price fixed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, picked up a copy. even though my backlog is a mile long, i'm sure i'll get around to it soon.

[quote name='Bonobos']It seems there's a price error on the deal of the day! Disciples III went $3 and its 90% off (75% in GG home screen)!!! Its a good time to pick this game before the price fixed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! This will go nicely with the Disciples Platinum I got for $0.81!

[quote name='biocat']Everyone get Disciples III now! Best price ever.[/QUOTE]

Undecided.

Know of the game series but never played it before...

$3.00

MINE!!!

Does anybody know of any working discount codes? I'd like to get the Precursors, but it's still $15. Perhaps it will go on the daily deal.

Be ready for week 2 guys! GG gonna reshuffle the list and there's a chance for a few price mistake! (I do think they made it on purpose)
Remember the week 1! Its cheaper than iPhone apps! :)

[quote name='Bonobos']Be ready for week 2 guys! GG gonna reshuffle the list and there's a chance for a few price mistake! (I do think they made it on purpose)
Remember the week 1! Its cheaper than iPhone apps! :)[/QUOTE]
Hmm... maybe. What time do they usually do their updates? Anyone know?

[quote name='sph0nz']Does anybody know of any working discount codes? I'd like to get the Precursors, but it's still $15. Perhaps it will go on the daily deal.[/QUOTE]

I dig GG new features called "Minion" it would let you choose a one of creatures and they gonna give you discount according to their character, you can pick it once and it linked permanently to your account.

Well, this minion feature gave me an ideas. Since we can pick it only once how about we make something like Steam group buyer? :roll:
I've got Elf minion, so they gave me discount from adventure and RPG.

Precursors appear as $7.49 (75% off) in my account (I'm using Elf minions). I don't know if its because my minion effect, but it really $7.49 now! 7 hour left! Check it!

[quote name='dark2025']Hmm... maybe. What time do they usually do their updates? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

7 AM (GMT)

So, I ended up buying the game for $15. Then I changed my minion to Cyber (gives a discount on action and adventure games), but Precursors is still $15, even though it is an action game. What is with that? The game should be less than $15.
After finally downloading and installing the game, I see that I need a serial key for activation. Lo and behold, GamersGate has run out of serial keys. What a pile of shit.

Needless to say, I am not please at all. I've contacted support about this and I hope I'll get a refund or some sort of compensation. Service like is unacceptable. Why bother selling games that lack necessary serial keys in the first damn place? Had I known that, I would not have wasted $15, let alone $8.

Here's a handy chart to help everyone not in the GMT time zone:

http://www.dxing.com/utcgmt.htm

I'm in the Pacific time zone (PST) so the 7am GMT means the sale should kick to week 2 right now or soon thereafter.

Happy Hunting ;)

EDIT: 11:15pm PST and nothing yet... :( If I wasn't an F5 tapper before then certainly CAG has made me one over the years :D

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Not a lot catching my eye on the NA and UK sites so far. Best deal overall is Trine for only £0.17 though! I already own it, otherwise I'd snap it up.[/QUOTE]

Holly crap!! Trine for $0.20!!
Really tempting! I bought it during Steam Summer Sale.
Its time to spend some blue coins on it :)

I went ahead and gifted Trine to a friend.

Tropico 3 Gold Edition is $4.99 which I believe includes both the original Tropico 3 and the expansion, Absolute Power. How difficult is this game? I like simulations like Civilization V and Dawn of Discovery; would this game scratch my itch or just scratch?

There are some other good sales here and there, but it's like picking through a bargain bin of mostly mediocre titles. The Ankh games are also just a few cents each and they seem to have decent reviews. I'd jump on Syberia but I'd rather buy that and the second one from GOG.com.

Anyone else run across any good titles?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I went ahead and gifted Trine to a friend.

There are some other good sales here and there, but it's like picking through a bargain bin of mostly mediocre titles. The Ankh games are also just a few cents each and they seem to have decent reviews. I'd jump on Syberia but I'd rather buy that and the second one from GOG.com.

Anyone else run across any good titles?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they already re-shuffle the list, but I saw some titles like Lara Croft:GoL went off. The Ankh seems good but I'm trying to keep waiting for another 90% off haha...

bread's done
Back