Gamersgate Sword of the Stars Complete Collection $5

I've actually had my eyes on this all day. I originally wanted sins of a solar Empire last week when it was on sale but was completely bummed to find out that it didn't have a single player campaign. But after reading reviews it sounds like sword of the stars does offer a single player campaign so this may fill my need for galactic conquest.

Anyone play this yet or have any input?

Edit - Just bought it :) This will tide me over till Steam *hopefully* puts Titan Quest Gold on sale this week!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IronSerif']I've actually had my eyes on this all day. I originally wanted sins of a solar Empire last week when it was on sale but was completely bummed to find out that it didn't have a single player campaign. But after reading reviews it sounds like sword of the stars does offer a single player campaign so this may fill my need for galactic conquest.

Anyone play this yet or have any input?

Edit - Just bought it :) This will tide me over till Steam *hopefully* puts Titan Quest Gold on sale this week![/QUOTE]

I've played both and I regret to inform you that you made the wrong choice. Sins is the better game, and it doesn't really need a campaign to be enjoyed. If it's a good turn-based 4x space strategy game you're after, Galactic Civilizations 2 is better than Sword of the Stars.

Sword of the Stars is more of a space combat game than a 4x IMO. There is little control over planetary makeup, the tech tree is focused on military advances, and diplomacy against the AI is limited.

Having said that, I find this game to be a blast. I really enjoy both the tactical and strategic aspects of combat. It can be a little repetitive, and you don't have as much control over the behavior of your units as you might in other games, but for me it was a blast. Just know that it is brutal and you will lose a lot of ships. This game is a battle of attrition and who can get there "first with the most".

bread's done
Back