GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Idiotekque']Would be good... if the game hadn't been bundled with video cards.[/QUOTE]

Or free with sim city apology.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Would be good... if the game hadn't been bundled with video cards.[/QUOTE]

You're confusing it with Crysis 3, Dead Space 3 wasn't included with any video cards.

[quote name='Jon7']You're confusing it with Crysis 3, Dead Space 3 wasn't included with any video cards.[/QUOTE]
Hm, I guess so. Still seems like I've seen people selling it for like $20.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Hm, I guess so. Still seems like I've seen people selling it for like $20.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']free with sim city apology.[/QUOTE]

;)

Yeah, it was free with the Sim City apology and that is only a better deal if you paid $40 for Sim City (which required a trip to Best Buy) or from the Indian site. If you paid retail for Sim City ($60) then DS3 would come out to $30 and this would be a better price.

Even getting this at $24 and Sim City for around the same price down the line, it is a pretty good deal.

NWN is a must-have. Don't know if there's a difference in GG versions opposed to GoG versions, but they're awesome games. I don't even have to DM.

[quote name='Blade']NWN is a must-have. Don't know if there's a difference in GG versions opposed to GoG versions, but they're awesome games. I don't even have to DM.[/QUOTE]

NWN series is great stuff.

NWN1
NWN: Original Campaign....was mediocre, at best.
NWN: SOU was good, but nothing spectacular.
NWN: Hordes was outstanding - and one of the best expansions ever made, IMHO. It's put it up there w/ BG2: TOB.
Cant' speak on the Premium Mods (Kingmaker premium mod pack & anything after that).

NWN2
NWN2: Original Campaign was pretty good.
NWN2: Mask was great - and actually felt very reminiscent of PST; fantastic expansion pack.
NWN2: Storm was good, but nothing great.
I never bought Westgate.

[quote name='MysterD']NWN series is great stuff.

NWN1
NWN: Original Campaign....was mediocre, at best.
[/QUOTE]

That's the first time I've seen anyone call NWN's original campaign mediocre.. I thought it was very good back when I played it.

[quote name='spoderman']That's the first time I've seen anyone call NWN's original campaign mediocre.. I thought it was very good back when I played it.[/QUOTE]

SP campaign felt rushed. Rightfully so, since the game wasn't supposed to ship w/ a campaign in the first place, but people complained and wanted a SP campaign.

I thought the stuff about Neverwinter (w/ Aribeth, The King, her boyfriend Fenthick) was good...
....but all the stuff about the ancient race and Morag was just down-right terrible, boring, rushed & thrown together.

Also, some of the quests, wasn't a lot of choices there to make, either.

And after BG2, having ONE companion that you barely could control was downright awful.
Hordes did a better job of fixing this, to an extent.
So did NWN2 - actually finally allowing for full-party control.

Metro Last Light's Season Pass is now up on GamersGate. Was only on Steam yesterday.

If you have the 20% comp discount, it's the best price around. GMG has their 20% code but GG gives a little something extra back in BC's.

Pass details: Four DLC, first out in June. Two single-player content exploring other people (not Artyom), one "Challenge" sort of hard core shooting adventure and something that sounds like mod/dev tools?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rke398

[quote name='asheskitty']Well that's downright decent
Sheepy Dogs is the daily at $6.25 ($5 for 20%ers)

Torchlight 1 & 2 should be the weekend deal @ 75% but the price hasn't flipped yet.[/QUOTE]

Good price on Sleeping Dogs, I think that's the lowest non-glitched price I've seen for it (after 20% discount). Certainly better than Amazon's "complete" pack deal.

Anybody having issues logging in or accessing the site? Hasn't let me log in since the prices flipped last night and won't let me see any M-rated games since it times out when I try to input my age. very weird.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Anybody having issues logging in or accessing the site? Hasn't let me log in since the prices flipped last night and won't let me see any M-rated games since it times out when I try to input my age. very weird.[/QUOTE]

u underage spoderfox

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Anybody having issues logging in or accessing the site? Hasn't let me log in since the prices flipped last night and won't let me see any M-rated games since it times out when I try to input my age. very weird.[/QUOTE]

It's working fine on my end.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']It's working fine on my end.[/QUOTE]

Uggghhh. Don't know what's wrong then. Hasn't let me log in since last nite. This morning I had to reinstall Office completely.

Didn't see any viruses or malware, but I guess its time to check it again.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Uggghhh. Don't know what's wrong then. Hasn't let me log in since last nite. This morning I had to reinstall Office completely.

Didn't see any viruses or malware, but I guess its time to check it again.[/QUOTE]

I'd wager issue is caused by something dumb.
Clear cookies. Try in Chrome/Firefox private browsing. Another computer?

[quote name='asheskitty']Torchlight 1 & 2 should be the weekend deal @ 75% but the price hasn't flipped yet.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, TL2 is only 50% off. I would've jumped on it at 75% since it's purportedly multitudinously greater than the first game.

TL1vsTL2-420x840.jpg

[quote name='Blade']Sadly, TL2 is only 50% off. I would've jumped on it at 75% since it's purportedly multitudinously greater than the first game.

TL1vsTL2-420x840.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You missed it @ 75% off a couple weeks ago on GG ($4.07/each in a 20%er's 4-pack)???

In my opinion, TL2 is *way* better than TL1. TL2 really feels like the grandchild of Diablo 2 (well to me anyhow).

[quote name='asheskitty']In my opinion, TL2 is *way* better than TL1. TL2 really feels like the grandchild of Diablo 2 (well to me anyhow).[/QUOTE]

yep.

Could someone help me get the Sleeping Dogs with 20% off? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about getting Sleeping Dogs at that price. I never finished the game on 360. So good.

Any coupon codes out there that will shave even a little bit more off?

[quote name='asheskitty']You missed it @ 75% off a couple weeks ago on GG ($4.07/each in a 20%er's 4-pack)???

In my opinion, TL2 is *way* better than TL1. TL2 really feels like the grandchild of Diablo 2 (well to me anyhow).[/QUOTE]

Ughughugh, I was unaware of this. I guess I did miss it. =\ And now I really want to play it. =\\\

[quote name='asheskitty']
In my opinion, TL2 is *way* better than TL1.[/quote]
Agreed.

TL2 really feels like the grandchild of Diablo 2 (well to me anyhow).
I agree w/ this - b/c the gameplay is VERY VERY similar; and ESPECIALLY since Runic Games' Schaefer brothers were w/ Blizzard North for D1 + D2; and Travis Baldree (of Fate fame and worked on Mythos at Flagship Seattle) made games that played like Diablo.

Only major difference really w/ Torchlight series vs. Diablo series - art-direction is more cartoonish, colorful & over-the-top in TL series; whereas D1 + D2 were much grittier, darker, Gothic, and grimy.

I figure Sleeping Dogs should bottom out at various sites' Summer sales (corresponding with Steam's). Then again, $5 is cheap enough and every time I've shelled out for a game's DLC I've often regretted it as the base game is usually more than enough for me to tire of something.

Apparently Amazon will have Sleeping Dogs + ALL DLC for $12.99 here soon. I'll just wait and use my Best Buy RZ points to get an Amazon GC. No money out of pocket works for me.

[quote name='HydroX']Apparently Amazon will have Sleeping Dogs + ALL DLC for $12.99 here soon. I'll just wait and use my Best Buy RZ points to get an Amazon GC. No money out of pocket works for me.[/QUOTE]

The pack on Amazon only contains the Sleeping Dogs DLC that Amazon carries. Which is only about a third of the total DLC available for the game. So you should take that into consideration when deciding what offer to go with.

[quote name='HydroX']Apparently Amazon will have Sleeping Dogs + ALL DLC for $12.99 here soon. I'll just wait and use my Best Buy RZ points to get an Amazon GC. No money out of pocket works for me.[/QUOTE]

Imo, the DLC isn't worth $7. The base game is excellent. The DLC detracts.

Also counting that as "free money" amounts to fraud. (And it's not like it's hard find something on Amazon to use your credit on.)

Also, love the avatar!

[quote name='The End']The pack on Amazon only contains the Sleeping Dogs DLC that Amazon carries. Which is only about a third of the total DLC available for the game. So you should take that into consideration when deciding what offer to go with.[/QUOTE]

This!

If anyone missed out on Sleeping Dogs for $5, PM me.. I've got one pending order left that I can sell you.

Gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spoderman']Damnit, I've been waiting for that to hit 75% off.. not 70%! Yes, that 5% makes all the difference, even with the 20% discount ;)[/QUOTE]

Back in the day (Feb 2012), I paid ~$7 (in GBP) to this pretty unknown, rinky-dink outfit for that collection and felt like I was getting a steal.

[quote name='spoderman']Damnit, I've been waiting for that to hit 75% off.. not 70%! Yes, that 5% makes all the difference, even with the 20% discount ;)[/QUOTE]

Goddamn 76% total discount after 20% bonus, why couldn't you be 80% overall?! ;)

Potential price mistake on Dirt Showdown? It's $5.02 (83% off) and $4.02 after 20% off discount. Either way, I think this is the lowest price it's been (other than when it was free in that PAX giveaway).

Daily Deal is Supreme Commander 2 for $3.75

[quote name='spoderman']Potential price mistake on Dirt Showdown? It's $5.02 (83% off) and $4.02 after 20% off discount. Either way, I think this is the lowest price it's been (other than when it was free in that PAX giveaway).[/QUOTE]
It's showing as $7.49 (75% off) now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back