GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a head's up... The Amazon rep has stated in their DD thread that they will be having a Sega sale the second half of the month with cheaper prices than GG.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Just a head's up... The Amazon rep has stated in their DD thread that they will be having a Sega sale the second half of the month with cheaper prices than GG.[/QUOTE]
The only game I'm interested in is Sonic CD, which probably won't go lower than $2.50, but I'd be interested to see how the prices compare.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, they do. It was $6.24 back in January, and one or two months after that, I think.. but the January collection was missing the lonely island cruise DLC. If you can wait for it to go on sale on Steam again and you want all of the DLC, you're better off buying it there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I have so many games to play that I can wait for a Steam sale.

Quick question for anyone - If I was going to buy Shogun 2 is there any reason to buy the first one?

There's a list of GamersGate games that activate on Steam on their forums, but it's not comprehensive. Alpha Protocol isn't on the list, but still it's not definitive.

Either way, adding link to original post.

[quote name='Palinn']Quick question for anyone - If I was going to buy Shogun 2 is there any reason to buy the first one?[/QUOTE]
Yes, if you have a very slow PC or laptop then the original will run far more smoothly. Shogun 2 takes advantage of newer hardware and has reasonably high requirements (not killer, although the load times would probably be better on an SSD). Shogun 1 is also a lot easier than Shogun 2. Shogun 1 can be played without Steam, so if you're a Steam-hater, then that would be another reason to buy the original instead of 2. ;)

In terms of gameplay, Shogun 2 surpasses the original in every way, and given the identical setting, I'd recommend a different Total War game as an older companion title: Medieval 2 is excellent, IMO, although if you like your boats then Napoleon is also very good (and Steamworks).

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']I'll definitely go in on this. Have you confirmed it includes DLC?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak from personal experience, but multiple people have said that it does.

It appears that most places outside of Steam bundle the DLC with the base game for the copies that they sell. I know that Amazon does, and I heard people who bought the game off of that Brazilian site said that it came with DLC. Now I hear that the Gamersgate copies have the DLC. looks like non-steam stores is the way to go when buying Renegade Ops.

[quote name='The End']I can't speak from personal experience, but multiple people have said that it does.

It appears that most places outside of Steam bundle the DLC with the base game for the copies that they sell. I know that Amazon does, and I heard people who bought the game off of that Brazilian site said that it came with DLC. Now I hear that the Gamersgate copies have the DLC. looks like non-steam stores is the way to go when buying Renegade Ops.[/QUOTE]

BigSpoonyBard said his came with DLC and when I activated my copy just now it listed the DLC on the activation page.

Just bought a four pack of Renegade Ops. After my IGN Prime discount, that comes out to $2.16 a pop. PM me if you're interested. :)

Speaking of IGN Prime, they just released their newest free game for members: Dungeon Defenders!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']BigSpoonyBard said his came with DLC and when I activated my copy just now it listed the DLC on the activation page.[/QUOTE]

Did you get both the Coldstrike Campaign DLC & the Reinforcements Pack DLC?

[quote name='The End']Did you get both the Coldstrike Campaign DLC & the Reinforcements Pack DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I just confirmed. I right clicked the game in my library and viewed DLC and it showed both of those as DLC I owned with the game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yes, I just confirmed. I right clicked the game in my library and viewed DLC and it showed both of those as DLC I owned with the game.[/QUOTE]

It even worked for me, and I already owned the base game on Steam.

[quote name='TreadLife']Looking to get in on or host a group buy of the Renegade Ops 4 pack on GamersGate. PM me about it, please.[/QUOTE]

Did buy the 4 pack and already successfully traded with 3 CAGs who joined in. All done now!

Price was the non-profit of $ 2.17.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yes, I just confirmed. I right clicked the game in my library and viewed DLC and it showed both of those as DLC I owned with the game.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Sounds like a good deal.

[quote name='TreadLife']It even worked for me, and I already owned the base game on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Nice. You got the DLC for a fraction of the cost.

[quote name='TreadLife']Did buy the 4 pack and already successfully traded with the first person to join in. 1 slot/key is still unclaimed, and waiting for reply from the second person who joined.

Price is the non-profit of $ 2.17.[/QUOTE]

I already have the game + DLC, otherwise I'd jump on-board. I'm sure you're have no problem selling the remaining copies. $2.17 is a steal for the game + DLC.

I also picked up a Renegade Ops 4 pack and have 2 copies 1 copy available (saving one for friend). Also asking $2.17. PM me if interested.

The four pack is still on sale this week but just not as low as yesterday. It's $15 now which comes out to $3.19 a pop after IGN discount. Still a great deal for the game and both DLC.

Pretty sad week at GG, truth be told. Not sure what their recent push with Mac games is all about, but the prices aren't even good for them. Maybe someone knows of another decent find in the naval war sale but East India Company is the only one that stuck out to me.

I agree, it's kind of a weak lineup of games this week. I guess they can't all be winners though.

Thanks anyway for your efforts to keep this thread updated, SlightlyOffTrack.

Quick question, does anyone know how DLC works for Arkham City (PC)? The Gamersgate version doesn't register on Steam. Can I buy the DLC in-game?

[quote name='Maltose']Quick question, does anyone know how DLC works for Arkham City (PC)? The Gamersgate version doesn't register on Steam. Can I buy the DLC in-game?[/QUOTE]
I believe you would get the DLC through GFWL (Games for Windows Live), which both Arkham games use. Not positive, though.

Tropico franchise and some others are on sale this week. Square Enix is again too. Since this is the third SE sale in a very short while and the prices are the same, I'm not even going to bother listing the highlights. It's limited in scope this time anyway.

A couple (possible) hightlights IMO:

Disciples 3 Gold is only $11.98 (60% off).

Dungeons Mega Pack is only $13.18 (includes Dungeons + DLC + Dungeons: The Dark Lord)

** This is pretty good considering Dungeons: The Dark Lord doesn't even have a sale, and Dungeons GOTY is $11.98, so you're getting The Dark Lord for $1.20 (regular $30.)

Supreme Commander is $3.75 (75% off); I can't remember but I don't think this one was on-sale during the last SE sale. It can also be activated on Steam.
---

I am not sure whether Steam has matched or had better sales on these. I -think- they have had a better sale on Disciples 3, but I doubt they have had both Dungeon games + DLC for $13. Even with the semi-poor reviews I've always wanted to try them and am torn on whether I should wait for the Steam Summer Sale.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']A couple (possible) hightlights IMO:

Disciples 3 Gold is only $11.98 (60% off).

Dungeons Mega Pack is only $13.18 (includes Dungeons + DLC + Dungeons: The Dark Lord)

** This is pretty good considering Dungeons: The Dark Lord doesn't even have a sale, and Dungeons GOTY is $11.98, so you're getting The Dark Lord for $1.20 (regular $30.)

Supreme Commander is $3.75 (75% off); I can't remember but I don't think this one was on-sale during the last SE sale. It can also be activated on Steam.
---

I am not sure whether Steam has matched or had better sales on these. I -think- they have had a better sale on Disciples 3, but I doubt they have had both Dungeon games + DLC for $13. Even with the semi-poor reviews I've always wanted to try them and am torn on whether I should wait for the Steam Summer Sale.[/QUOTE]

If you are interested in Disciples 3 Gold, you can grab it for $6.99 at Impulse/Gamestop at the moment

http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2954

Saints Row The Third Season Pass is about $8.88. Is this a the best price and are there any coupons I can use I tried SPACE-SAINT-GIFTS but I think I missed that one for 15% off?

Bastion is there for $3.75, lowest it's been. Can I activate on steam and get achievements or something or do I just have to wait for it to drop on steam?

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']Bastion is there for $3.75, lowest it's been. Can I activate on steam and get achievements or something or do I just have to wait for it to drop on steam?[/QUOTE]
Doubtful, but not sure.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Someone in the Steam thread said it did NOT activate on Steam.[/QUOTE]

ITs DRM-free (ie No Steam)

I just got an e-mail from IGN Prime with a key for GamersGate VOID beta. I'm currently trying to play Risen but it won't even download. (It IS a beta, but still...) FAQ will be updated with more details later tonight when I get a chance.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']I just got an e-mail from IGN Prime with a key for GamersGate VOID beta. I'm currently trying to play Risen but it won't even download. (It IS a beta, but still...) FAQ will be updated with more details later tonight when I get a chance.[/QUOTE]

They already had a free ad supported subsection in beta since last summer but I guess they are going public with it soon. I was in their previous free games beta but now that tab is gone and replaced with the Void one that I don't have access to.

It will be interesting to see what they do with it. The prior beta was fairly low end and old games but maybe they will add more stuff with Void.

I think I will still pretty much stick with Steam because of the organization and updates but I might try out some free games on Void if something looks interesting.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']I just got an e-mail from IGN Prime with a key for GamersGate VOID beta. I'm currently trying to play Risen but it won't even download. (It IS a beta, but still...) FAQ will be updated with more details later tonight when I get a chance.[/QUOTE]

I just signed up using my Prime "activation code." I'm also downloading Risen, and it looks like any problems are fixed, as it's downloading at 3MB/s.

After reading through the details it sounds like a cool system with the slots. It also looks like every 2 weeks your slot "releases" the game so you can choose a new one (I say two weeks because it says mine releases on June 7th.)

You can also upgrade your slots with perks, but I'll let those interested read about it, lol.

Got VOID working too now. Not a whole lot of game choice quite yet, but I don't want to pay for slots anyway so I only really needed one at the moment. Sorry I didn't update the FAQ when I meant to but it's there now.

Civ V is at the exact same price point as Amazon and Steam right now. So GG is definitely the way to go if you have IGN Prime. (And yes, it's Steamworks.)

So it sounds like VOID is kinda like a lending library for games. One supported by advertisements, that is. Is that about right?

[quote name='The End']So it sounds like VOID is kinda like a lending library for games. One supported by advertisements, that is. Is that about right?[/QUOTE]

That's what I get from it. Sounds like something a true CAG should embrace, but the hoardacag in me like to own :) I will likely try it since it is free though. Anyone have a list of games it has?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That's what I get from it. Sounds like something a true CAG should embrace, but the hoardacag in me like to own :) I will likely try it since it is free though. Anyone have a list of games it has?[/QUOTE]
There's a full list here. Found a direct link using Google so not sure who to give credit.

[quote name='Motoki']Wait Black Mirror is on that list. As in Black Mirror 1?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing? Nice list of games actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back