GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got paypal to list a payment to gamersgate, and gamersgate to log the payment. got my games list to load enough to see the bunch of games showing "unused serial number" or similar, so I'm done. Hard part is over, now have to wait for the site to go back to normal and see how many of these are Steam keys besides the obvious ones.

Servers not even reporting back to the browser so I'm thinking they pulled the plug. Tried with Google Chrome, Opera, and IE. I was getting a response before but it was timing out now it's acting like the server isn't even there. Going to ping it with Linux.

[quote name='Punisher138']to the people that were able to buy it, did you get an email from gamersgate and paypal? I only got a receipt from paypal[/QUOTE]

Same but I was able to get my Dishonored key. No luck getting any others yet, going to bed and hoping they are all still there in the morning.

[quote name='Punisher138']to the people that were able to buy it, did you get an email from gamersgate and paypal? I only got a receipt from paypal[/QUOTE]I got emails from both. I got my purchase in right after the deal posted, so it was before the servers got smashed. But I did get two emails.

Brent

So I finally got in to view my games and it shows the bundle, but it says "only giftable" I think I may have messed up and bought a gift version. What does that mean? Can I gift it to myself? Never bought a gift bundle before.

[quote name='Punisher138']to the people that were able to buy it, did you get an email from gamersgate and paypal? I only got a receipt from paypal[/QUOTE]

I got my GG emails back to back with my paypal emails. Some others were reporting not getting their GG emails quickly.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Servers not even reporting back to the browser so I'm thinking they pulled the plug. Tried with Google Chrome, Opera, and IE. I was getting a response before but it was timing out now it's acting like the server isn't even there. Going to ping it with Linux.[/QUOTE]

Reload harder. (I mean this seriously.) It's about persistence (chanting, incense, and blood offerings don't hurt either).

Not directed any anyone in particular, but it's like kids these days don't know what it's like to deal with hammered sites.

I have never purchased anything from Gamersgate before, when I checkout I choose to use Paypal. Do I have to go to the Paypal site and send them money or something? The email that Gamersgate sent me didn't say anything about that so I don't really know what to do.

[quote name='Jason28']I have never purchased anything from Gamersgate before, when I checkout I choose to use Paypal. Do I have to go to the Paypal site and send them money or something? The email that Gamersgate sent me didn't say anything about that so I don't really know what to do.[/QUOTE]

After the checkout screen it should direct you to paypal.

I'm going to regret this when I have to wake up in four hours to go to work, but after an hour of trying to get this bundle, I seem to have succeeded. I got a PayPal email regarding the $28.76 price, but no email from GG except the initial one saying that the order was pending and needed to be completed. I can see all the bundle games in my library, and am slowly being able to see the keys. Going to try to activate Skyrim, which was my main interest. They can't tell PayPal to change what they charged us later on, can they?

Edit: Success! Now I have a Skyrim. Hopefully my PC can handle it better than the PS3 did.

[quote name='asheskitty']After the checkout screen it should direct you to paypal.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was kinda expecting it to do but it never did. Hmm, I guess I will try to look at my order status and see what it says.

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Holy crap that site is just broken right now. I only want 2, maybe 3 of those games but the deal is just so amazing I'd gift out the rest if possible.[/QUOTE]

This. F5 for days

Apparently my copy of the Bethesda collection if giftable only. Anyone familiar with GG know if there's a way to gift it to myself to see the keys or do I have to create another account and gift it to that one?

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Apparently my copy of the Bethesda collection if giftable only. Anyone familiar with GG know if there's a way to gift it to myself to see the keys or do I have to create another account and gift it to that one?[/QUOTE]

you just gift it to me and say "merry christmas!"

you should be able to email it to yourself

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Apparently my copy of the Bethesda collection if giftable only. Anyone familiar with GG know if there's a way to gift it to myself to see the keys or do I have to create another account and gift it to that one?[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me, I'm hoping I can just gift it to myself

Just email it to yourself. It's fine. I accidentally bought a game as a gift once there and was able to do that.

Of course good luck getting the page to load right now to send it to yourself...

[quote name='Motoki']Just email it to yourself. It's fine. I accidentally bought a game as a gift once there and was able to do that.

Of course good luck getting the page to load right now to send it to yourself...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation Motoki. Yeah with the website almost impossible to load, I know their email system isn't working either so it's pointless to try.

BTW, will it let my account see keys for the same games? I bought the Elder Scrolls collection earlier, so I think that's why I ended up with a giftable copy since I already have some of the games.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Thanks for the confirmation Motoki. Yeah with the website almost impossible to load, I know their email system isn't working either so it's pointless to try.

BTW, will it let my account see keys for the same games? I bought the Elder Scrolls collection earlier, so I think that's why I ended up with a giftable copy since I already have some of the games.[/QUOTE]

Yes you should be able to see keys for multiples but normally they limit it to two of the same game per account.

[quote name='Motoki']Yes you should be able to see keys for multiples but normally they limit it to two of the same game per account.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the info.

[quote name='tham1988']whyYYYYYYY

i got to paypal and logged in but when it went back to gamersgate it broke
any chance it went through?[/QUOTE]
Still got the link? Refresh the link!

It took me 67 minutes across multiple tabs in Chrome and IE, but it finally got there. :applause: :bouncy:

Apparently, at some point, I have made a GG account. Its telling me "username/email already in use". Yet no password I try will work. And now I'm stuck in limbo trying to get back to the checkout page. I'm nearing the end of my rope...

The fact that this is still available must prove its not a mistake right? They wouldve caught on by now. This deal is insane. Dishonored alone is 29.99 on steam ON SALE

[quote name='Punisher138']The fact that this is still available must prove its not a mistake right? They wouldve caught on by now. This deal is insane. Dishonored alone is 29.99 on steam ON SALE[/QUOTE]

It is a mistake. All this proves is that none of the staff at GG are awake right now.

[quote name='sunghost']It is a mistake. All this proves is that none of the staff at GG are awake right now.[/QUOTE]

Or probably drunk, is the end of the world anyway. :dunce: :puke:

[quote name='PenguinJim']Still got the link? Refresh the link!

It took me 67 minutes across multiple tabs in Chrome and IE, but it finally got there. :applause: :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

i tried refreshing the paypal page and it comes up and lets my "make payment" but then it redirects me to gamersgate homepage

so why are all the games so cheap.. why is Steam so expensive.. and selling Dishonored for 30$ when this pack is 28$ with Dishonored?

[quote name='Bierno']so why are all the games so cheap.. why is Steam so expensive.. and selling Dishonored for 30$ when this pack is 28$ with Dishonored?[/QUOTE]

Price mistake. Happens every once in a while with GamersGate. I got The Walking Dead for $7 about a month ago due to one of their price mistakes.

[quote name='iamtorsoul']Just got the Bethesda pack to refresh and it showed $95.87 or 70% off.[/QUOTE]

Still showing the sale price in my "cart". I have been nowhere close to checking out though:cry:

[quote name='DarkGamer11']Still showing the sale price in my "cart". I have been nowhere close to checking out though:cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it only showed that once, and when I had to refresh AGAIN it showed the sale price again.

I saw some useful tips on reddit at /r/gamedeals, they have an extensive list of options and such. I got through and received a paypal receipt, so that'll have to count, even though the GG one hasn't shown up yet. To be found out I guess.

Best of luck fellow CAGs!

[quote name='Harman_M']This is taking too fucking long. I'm still getting the $28 price in my cart but I added two and can't fucking delete one.[/QUOTE]

happened to me as well, but it eventually failed, so I didn't care that much. Otherwise, if you can buy it with two, you could most likely easily sell the other codes to make back the extra you had to spend.

I know this is a price mistake, but what are the chances (if i can't check out) that CS would help me out if the bundle is still showing that price in my cart and they kill it? Sorry I'm trying way too hard on this haha

[quote name='Harman_M']This is taking too fucking long. I'm still getting the $28 price in my cart but I added two and can't fucking delete one.[/QUOTE]

I did that as well. If you hover over close to where the game art should be, you should get a tooltip saying "remove from cart" so just kinda click in that area. Lol

[quote name='DarkGamer11']I know this is a price mistake, but what are the chances (if i can't check out) that CS would help me out if the bundle is still showing that price in my cart and they kill it? Sorry I'm trying way too hard on this haha[/QUOTE]

This is the guy who will kill the deal ...

jk ;-)

[quote name='DarkGamer11']I know this is a price mistake, but what are the chances (if i can't check out) that CS would help me out if the bundle is still showing that price in my cart and they kill it? Sorry I'm trying way too hard on this haha[/QUOTE]

Sadly, probably zero. It is a price mistake after all.

Good luck though. Hope you manage to get through the checkout.

[quote name='etcrane']This is the guy who will kill the deal ...

jk ;-)[/QUOTE]

Haha after all this I wouldn't be surprised. Although I AM logged in now! :bouncy: Haha

Probaly not many will care given the Bethesda bundle but GG is also selling the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection for $4.99:

- Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 + expansions
- Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + expansions
- Planescape: Torment
- Temple of Elemental Evil

All DRM-free (not Steam):

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

I hope I got the URL right - I'm copying it from my tablet since it managed to load the page...

[quote name='seamoss']Probaly not many will care given the Bethesda bundle but GG is also selling the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection for $4.99:

- Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 + expansions
- Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + expansions
- Planescape: Torment
- Temple of Elemental Evil

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

I hope I got the URL right - I'm copying it from my tablet since it managed to load the page...[/QUOTE]

Pretty sweet deal, I think that's the lowest price it's been? but there's no way in hell I'm going to try to buy that with the condition the site is in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back