GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Detruire']The price on this isn't too bad (assuming that it isn't just another mistake of 50% off being applied twice): Dead Island GOTY for $5[/QUOTE]
$5.99 is about what it's been going for elsewhere. I had about 1500 blue coins floating around so $4.99 -5% = $4.75 -5% (BC) = $4.50 - 1500 BCs = 3,000 Blue Coins or $3.

$3.00 is finally a price point I'll buy Dead Island GOTY at.

Luckily I still have the Bethesda bundle on my shelf, and I don't understand how can they advertise Doom 3 BFG as the deal of the day, when they don't have any serials for it. People can buy it now at full price and they won't get any serial too?

[quote name='AlexIW']Luckily I still have the Bethesda bundle on my shelf, and I don't understand how can they advertise Doom 3 BFG as the deal of the day, when they don't have any serials for it. People can buy it now at full price and they won't get any serial too?[/QUOTE]

a-wizard-did-it-33934505447.jpeg

[quote name='Detruire']The price on this isn't too bad (assuming that it isn't just another mistake of 50% off being applied twice): Dead Island GOTY for $5[/QUOTE]

Thats the cheapest I've seen. Also with IAMANELDERGEEK coupon it goes to $4.75!

[quote name='Syntax Error']$5.99 is about what it's been going for elsewhere. I had about 1500 blue coins floating around so $4.99 -5% = $4.75 -5% (BC) = $4.50 - 1500 BCs = 3,000 Blue Coins or $3.

$3.00 is finally a price point I'll buy Dead Island GOTY at.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, I don't know about the dlcs... but the game itself wasn't that great (maybe in coop is better)

[quote name='AlexIW']I don't understand how can they advertise Doom 3 BFG as the deal of the day, when they don't have any serials for it. People can buy it now at full price and they won't get any serial too?[/QUOTE]
I think that it's more likely that there's a separate inventory of keys for the bundle, or their claim of "no more keys" is false.

[quote name='Stonekeep']Same for me, I don't know about the dlcs... but the game itself wasn't that great (maybe in coop is better)[/QUOTE]
It's definitely worth more if you have some mates to play with.

Is it region locked like amazon one?
Hope it's not a price mistake again though, I want to buy it if it's $5

[quote name='INCyr']Anyone here use Moneybookers for their payment? And if so, have you seen a refund yet? I've got the e-mail from GamersGate, my games have been pulled from my account, but nothing actually indicating a refund is incoming. I gave them 24 hours in hope that I would see it this morning, but nothing.

Very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I use it, but didn't get email till now from GG about refund things, so can't say anything for now :)

Dear customer, unfortunately due to a pricing error you were charged $4.99 for Dead Island GOTY when the price should have been $5.99. We are removing the game from your library and refunding your money (and being cryptically vague about whether or not your activated key on Steam can be revoked because we haven't figured that part out yet)

Kidding!

Or am I?

Drama_prairie_dog.gif

[quote name='PCgamerz']Is it region locked like amazon one?
Hope it's not a price mistake again though, I want to buy it if it's $5[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure. I'm not in the US, and it's showing up for me, so I'd assume that it's not region-locked, but there's always a chance that it is.

Remember to use IAMANELDERGEEK if you're going to buy it from GG.

[quote name='Motoki']Dear customer, unfortunately due to a pricing error you were charged $4.99 for Dead Island GOTY when the price should have been $5.99. We are removing the game from your library and refunding your money (and being cryptically vague about whether or not your activated key on Steam can be revoked because we haven't figured that part out yet)

Kidding!

Or am I?[/QUOTE]
Oh, you.

Hmm, I have enough blue coins to pay for the game in full, but I've already played and beat it on consoles. Do I bite anyway?

[quote name='sunghost']IMO no, not unless you get denied after contacting GG's support and asking for a refund. I don't understand why people would rather chargeback first rather than contact support first. Chargeback is something you should do as a final resort.. if you use it as your first option, you'll risk your future business with GG.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be the final resort due to the small print, something which is abundant when it comes to credit cards:
-----------------------------------------------------
How to Win a Chargeback

You should begin by collecting documentation from the moment you suspect that a merchant may not be dealing fairly with you. Like the threat of a chargeback, presenting that documentation may also compel the other party to do the right thing.
Once the chargeback has been requested, fill out your bank’s form in a timely manner. Be concise, limiting your case to only the relevant details while providing ample supporting documentation.
Remember that your submission will be read by someone who evaluates chargeback requests all day long. That person will be looking for solid proof that the goods or services you paid for were not received, or that they were substantially different than their description. For example, if an item you received has a different specification than the advertisement, this would be a much better case than one where you felt that its general quality didn’t meet the description.
Final Word

By using your credit card as a method of payment, you are guaranteed by law to receive the products or services that you paid for. Not only must you receive them in a timely fashion, but they must also be delivered as described. When things go wrong, the representatives at a large company will often be unable or unwilling to do the right thing when it comes to refunding your money.
In other instances, smaller unscrupulous business will deny a legitimate request for a refund in the hope that you will not request a chargeback. By utilizing this option as a final resort, you can realize your legal rights and avoid being the victim of dishonest or incompetent merchants.
Have you ever resorted to using a credit card chargeback to get your money back? What was the process like and what was the final outcome?

http://www.moneycrashers.com/credit-card-chargebacks-process-rules/
----------------------------------------------------

All good until this point, but:

------------------------------------------------
Conditions and requirements of chargeback

The main requirement for getting your money back is evidence that there's been a breach of contract.
There is also a time limit on claims - typically 120 days - which starts from the day you become aware of a problem.
In the case of tangible goods that you've purchased from a high street shop or an online retailer, the time limit would start from the day you receive your items.
In the case of an airline going bust after you've booked a flight, the breach of contract would be from the day the flight was due to depart.
However, if an airline had told you at an earlier date that the flight would not be going ahead, the breach of contract that allows for chargeback would not apply.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...it-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards/
------------------------------------------------------------

**They (all online sellers) know you have a time limit**, and they will try to delay as much as they can because a chargeback will not only result in them losing the original amount, it will also cost them fines, realize your only real defense is doing the charge back, but it has to be done in a timely fashion. Believe me, I've been there.

If they removed your purchase but you didn't receive the refund, right now is late for you to start this process. With the Bethesda pack they said they would honor their part of the deal by January, don't wait until march to do the chargeback, or dispute, or claim, or however it's called in your locality.

EDIT
Important Notice regarding the Bethesda New Years Bundle and Borderlands 2 Four Pack:
We are aware of the problems that have occurred and we are working hard to resolve these issues. We will update you later today with more complete information; please bare with us until then.
Our support team is under heavy pressure but they are doing their best to respond to all tickets as soon as possible.
https://www.facebook.com/GamersGate

Last edited by a moderator:
http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/bare.html

donkey.gif
BARE/BEAR

pencil.gif

There are actually three words here. The simple one is the big growly creature (unless you prefer the Winnie-the-Pooh type). Hardly anyone past the age of ten gets that one wrong. The problem is the other two. Stevedores bear burdens on their backs and mothers bear children. Both mean “carry” (in the case of mothers, the meaning has been extended from carrying the child during pregnancy to actually giving birth). But strippers bare their bodies—sometimes bare-naked. The confusion between this latter verb and “bear” creates many unintentionally amusing sentences; so if you want to entertain your readers while convincing them that you are a dolt, by all means mix them up. “Bear with me,” the standard expression, is a request for forbearance or patience.
“Bare with me” would be an invitation to undress. “Bare” has an adjectival form: “The pioneers stripped the forest bare.”

But Swedlish or not, it's communication and that's something. I guess hold onto your hats and see what they say later today.

*Edit: That Facebook post got 90 comments in 2 hours, heh.

*Edit: And it's mostly one obnoxious know it all douche (a know it all on the internet? Who knew?) playing Mr. Gamersgate's Hero and giving everyone the what for.

[quote name='Motoki']*Edit: And it's mostly one obnoxious know it all douche (a know it all on the internet? Who knew?) playing Mr. Gamersgate's Hero and giving everyone the what for.[/QUOTE]

Did you just correct Gamersgate's English like a know-it-all before having a go at Severose for being a know-it-all? :lol:

May I play? ;)

[quote name='Motoki']http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/bare.html

But Swedlish or not, it's communication and that's something. I guess hold onto your hats and see what they say later today.

*Edit: That Facebook post got 90 comments in 2 hours, heh.

*Edit: And it's mostly one obnoxious know it all douche (a know it all on the internet? Who knew?) playing Mr. Gamersgate's Hero and giving everyone the what for.[/QUOTE]

Trolls gonna troll

[quote name='Motoki']*Edit: And it's mostly one obnoxious know it all douche (a know it all on the internet? Who knew?) playing Mr. Gamersgate's Hero and giving everyone the what for.[/QUOTE]
Yay, a thread (? Whatever you'd call it on Facebook) full of wannabe internet lawyers.

Although I've never really understood the mentality that makes some people play Unpaid Corporate Paladin to the extent that they do. It's one thing to make a throw-away comment here and there and another to spend hours at it, like they're dreaming of being invited to join the PR team if they just work at it hard enough. The mindset of someone who feels that they've been mistreated is easy enough to get. The guy who rushes to take a bullet for some company he has no relation to is just a weirdo :lol:

[quote name='Syntax Error']Yay, a thread (? Whatever you'd call it on Facebook) full of wannabe internet lawyers.

Although I've never really understood the mentality that makes some people play Unpaid Corporate Paladin to the extent that they do. It's one thing to make a throw-away comment here and there and another to spend hours at it, like they're dreaming of being invited to join the PR team if they just work at it hard enough. The mindset of someone who feels that they've been mistreated is easy enough to get. The guy who rushes to take a bullet for some company he has no relation to is just a weirdo :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't think Severose or nategator or the others are crazy or Unpaid Corporate Paladins for suggesting we give GG a couple of days to get everyone their refunds. I was going to give Gamersgate a few days, until... my Borderlands 2 key just showed up. :) Might be worth checking your accounts again, people.

Hmmm... I just bought this. I activated the key on steam and it shows in my game list as "Dead Island" (and also in Big Picture version as "Dead Island"). I was expecting it to say "Dead Island GOTY" (or something to that affect) I'm downloading now to verify that it is in fact the GOTY version. I've heard the DLC isn't that great but I *did* pay for a GOTY version so I hope it's the right one. Anyone else own Dead Island GOTY edition on steam that can verify how the name shows up in their game list? I would not be at all surprised at this point if this was NOT the Game of the Year version....

[quote name='porknbeans']Hmmm... I just bought this. I activated the key on steam and it shows in my game list as "Dead Island" (and also in Big Picture version as "Dead Island"). I was expecting it to say "Dead Island GOTY" (or something to that affect) I'm downloading now to verify that it is in fact the GOTY version. I've heard the DLC isn't that great but I *did* pay for a GOTY version so I hope it's the right one. Anyone else own Dead Island GOTY edition on steam that can verify how the name shows up in their game list? I would not be at all surprised at this point if this was NOT the Game of the Year version....[/QUOTE]

I got it from GMG and it shows up as "Dead Island" in my library. Check the DLC tab under properties to see if you have all of the DLC. You probably have it all.

I don't know about GG but I think Steam pretty much only sells the GOTY Dead Island at this point. I believe it replaced the regular edition entirely on Steam a little while back.

[quote name='PenguinJim']I don't think Severose or nategator or the others are crazy or Unpaid Corporate Paladins for suggesting we give GG a couple of days to get everyone their refunds.[/QUOTE]
I've no idea if the guy on Facebook is one of them (Sev/Nate) but his level of commitment to the cause goes far beyond casually suggesting people wait a few days. Anyway, I was speaking in broader tones than just GG. Go to Steam and suggest their deals may not be on par with the competition this year for example and you'll have a swarm of folks fighting to be the first to fall on Valve's sword in martyrdom. It's weirdness.

[quote name='Motoki']Dear customer, unfortunately due to a pricing error you were charged $4.99 for Dead Island GOTY when the price should have been $5.99. We are removing the game from your library and refunding your money (and being cryptically vague about whether or not your activated key on Steam can be revoked because we haven't figured that part out yet)

Kidding!

Or am I?

Drama_prairie_dog.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the thing. It's hard to know what prices are legit and what prices are glitches until they fix their system. Too good to be true? Probably a glitch. But Dead Island for $1 less than it's been elsewhere before, probably okay, but it does give you pause.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I've no idea if the guy on Facebook is one of them (Sev/Nate) but his level of commitment to the cause goes far beyond casually suggesting people wait a few days. Anyway, I was speaking in broader tones than just GG. Go to Steam and suggest their deals may not be on par with the competition this year for example and you'll have a swarm of folks fighting to be the first to fall on Valve's sword in martyrdom. It's weirdness.[/QUOTE]
Doh! I'd managed to repress the fact that those Steam people existed until you just reminded me! :booty: Yes, they are a bit strange. :lol:

More memories unlocking... wow... there are people like that on the GFWL forums (or at least there were when I visiting a year or so ago)! Can you believe it? :whistle2:# GFWL fanatics! GFWL fanatics!!! What is this world coming to?!

MY GG status update:

Recent purchases:
Bethesda Pack (waiting on most keys)
Stardock Pack (got all keys)
D&D Anthology (D/L and installed)
Borderlands 2 (14.99) (no key)
BL2 Season Pass (7.5) (got key)

Today is the first day I've seen any change on my Shelf since purchases made:

Borderlands 2 - SHOW SERIAL KEY button added, but gives same message as Beth button

No communication from GG yet.

[quote name='PenguinJim']More memories unlocking... wow... there are people like that on the GFWL forums (or at least there were when I visiting a year or so ago)! Can you believe it? :whistle2:# GFWL fanatics! GFWL fanatics!!! What is this world coming to?![/QUOTE]
Must be masochists.

Dead Island GOTY at $10 would be a terrible price considering the competition. But on par for GG.

Back to my "never give them the benefit of the doubt" mindset, I made sure to grab my Steam key from my morning purchase immediately.

EDIT: I see it has already.

I dunno if it was posted earlier... but from their facebook page:

"Important Notice regarding the Bethesda New Years Bundle and Borderlands 2 Four Pack:
We are aware of the problems that have occurred and we are working hard to resolve these issues. We will update you later today with more complete information; please bare with us until then.
Our support team is under heavy pressure but they are doing their best to respond to all tickets as soon as possible."

[quote name='kiwimonster']Hmm they have now removed the red text from the Bethesda pack stating "We will get new keys mid January" it is just blank now when you hit more.[/QUOTE]

Ruh Roh...

[quote name='DrummerX']Looks like Dead Island price jumped to 9.99, they just can't get anything to work apparently.[/QUOTE]

Wow I was just joking. Seriously? Those guys.

october182011201249doubm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.gamersgate.com/info/holiday-sale-issue

Holiday Sale Bundle Issue Update:

We made a mistake. Our computer program grossly multiplied the discounts we were authorized to offer on these bundles and they were advertised at way below cost. We did not notice this on the day of the mistake because of the holidays. We have cancelled all unfulfilled orders as per our terms of use. We are working with the affected publishers to see what we can do with respect to partially filled orders. We highly value all of our loyal GamersGate customers and do not want to see our relationship with any of you damaged. Nor do we want to see our publisher partners harmed by our computer glitch. We are doing all that we can to sort this out, however due to the holidays we will most likely not be able to sort this out until next week. Please bear with us and forgive us for this disappointing error. We will update you as soon as possible.

"working with the affected publishers to see what we can do with respect to partially filled orders"

Translation: They are begging the publishers to have the keys revoked.

I knew they would try. They probably won't get anywhere with it, but they are trying which is pretty shady.

Some of those keys were gifted or sold. Some people have since bought DLC for the base games which came from those keys. It's a very, very messy situation and they need to do the right thing and suck it up and not be asshats and try to get all the keys yanked like they are doing.

Add to that the fact that THEY STILL HAVE NOT FIXED THEIR SCREWED UP SYSTEM BECAUSE THERE HAVE BEEN PRICING ERRORS EVERY DAY FOR A WEEK INCLUDING TODAY.

[quote name='Motoki']... they need to do the right thing and suck it up and not be asshats and try to get all the keys yanked like they are doing.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Do what EA did and own up to your mistakes. The Origin fiasco was WAY worse than this. Come on, GG, 'tis the season!

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']EDIT: I see it has already.

I dunno if it was posted earlier... but from their facebook page:

"Important Notice regarding the Bethesda New Years Bundle and Borderlands 2 Four Pack:
Our support team is under heavy pressure but they are doing their best to respond to all tickets as soon as possible."[/QUOTE]

I just thought this is funny because it has a totally different meaning :lol:

[quote name='Severose']I agree. Do what EA did and own up to your mistakes. The Origin fiasco was WAY worse than this. Come on, GG, 'tis the season![/QUOTE]

I do agree they should take the hit but I just don't think they are a big enough company where they CAN take the hit and stay afloat.

[quote name='Severose']I agree. Do what EA did and own up to your mistakes. The Origin fiasco was WAY worse than this. Come on, GG, 'tis the season![/QUOTE]

I don't know if that's true... The Orgin problem wasn't that big of a deal because most of the games that people were getting free was $20 and under games. It didn't work on their whole lineup of games. The Bethesta bundle retails for a little over $100 if I'm not mistaken. Plus the Borderlands 2 games retails for $59.99 and with everybody getting multiple copies of the 4 Pack. That's under $200 that people are only paying what $5, $11, and $22 for it. I don't know but to me Gamersgate price error is worse than Origin's...

[quote name='b49adam']I don't know if that's true... The Orgin problem wasn't that big of a deal because most of the games that people were getting free was $20 and under games. It didn't work on their whole lineup of games. The Bethesta bundle retails for a little over $100 if I'm not mistaken. Plus the Borderlands 2 games retails for $59.99 and with everybody getting multiple copies of the 4 Pack. That's under $200 that people are only paying what $5, $11, and $22 for it. I don't know but to me Gamersgate price error is worse than Origin's...[/QUOTE]

I understand that but if they manage to get those already registered Steam keys deactivated the amount of sheer rage, hard feelings, bad publicity and word of mouth and lost customers will cost them more in the long run.

It's a huge mess as it is but if they yank keys heads will roll.

Like I said, some people gifted or sold those keys, some people redeemed them and then went on to buy DLC. What does Steam even do if you no longer own the base but own the DLC?

The ramifications of what they are trying to do are extreme and they need to look at the big picture long term and check themselves before they wreck themselves.

Seems that 2012 is not the year for GG. It's become a tired joke now. Hopefully they get their act together next year.

I would've totally cashed out all of my blue coin for that $5 Dead Island had I known about it though, too bad.

Great, we have to wait ANOTHER week until the next status update. We know with their incompetence that they wont be able to sort this out in their promised timeline.

Has anyone tried contacting Bethesda for their input on the matter (ie, if they're going to revoke keys or not)?

[quote name='Motoki']I understand that but if they manage to get those already registered Steam keys deactivated the amount of sheer rage, hard feelings, bad publicity and word of mouth and lost customers will cost them more in the long run.

Like I said, some people gave or sold those keys, some people redeemed them and then went on to buy DLC. What does Steam even do if you no longer own the base but own the DLC?

The ramifications of what they are trying to do are extreme and they need to look at the big picture long term and check themselves before they wreck themselves.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hope they don't remove the games from peoples Steam accounts. I sent gifts to my brother and couple friends because I thought this was a Christmas sale you know. Too good to be true kinda things. Guess we'll find out in the next couple days Gamersgates solution to all this...

[quote name='Motoki']I understand that but if they manage to get those already registered Steam keys deactivated the amount of sheer rage, hard feelings, bad publicity and word of mouth and lost customers will cost them more in the long run.

Like I said, some people gifted or sold those keys, some people redeemed them and then went on to buy DLC. What does Steam even do if you no longer own the base but own the DLC?

The ramifications of what they are trying to do are extreme and they need to look at the big picture long term and check themselves before they wreck themselves.[/QUOTE]

The cd key for one of my $15 borderlands 2 games was suspended that I gave to a friend ...

I wonder how widespread this is going to get. Clearly they will go to Bethesda and 2K because Skyrim, Dishonored and Borderlands 2 are where they lost the most money, but will they go to EA? Stardock? Sega? Remedy? Deep Silver?

The problem is they have had A LOT of price mistakes lately and it's almost the norm rather than the exception.

[quote name='b49adam']I don't know if that's true... The Orgin problem wasn't that big of a deal because most of the games that people were getting free was $20 and under games. It didn't work on their whole lineup of games. The Bethesta bundle retails for a little over $100 if I'm not mistaken. Plus the Borderlands 2 games retails for $59.99 and with everybody getting multiple copies of the 4 Pack. That's under $200 that people are only paying what $5, $11, and $22 for it. I don't know but to me Gamersgate price error is worse than Origin's...[/QUOTE]

It's little different because EA publishes their own games, and generates their own keys. GG has to buy the keys.

[quote name='Motoki']I wonder how widespread this is going to get. Clearly they will go to Bethesda and 2K because Skyrim, Dishonored and Borderlands 2 are where they lost the most money, but will they go to EA? Stardock? Sega? Remedy? Deep Silver?

The problem is they have had A LOT of price mistakes lately and it's almost the norm rather than the exception.[/QUOTE]
MY PATRICIAN IV KEY!!! :shock:

Man, if I knew these guys were going to screw tons of people out of games for their own mistake, I would have gladly paid the $3 extra to get Anno 2070 somewhere else.

Holiday Sale Bundle Issue Update:
We made a mistake. Our computer program grossly multiplied the discounts we were authorized to offer on these bundles and they were advertised at way below cost. We did not notice this on the day of the mistake because of the holidays. We have cancelled all unfulfilled orders as per our terms of use. We are working with the affected publishers to see what we can do with respect to partially filled orders. We highly value all of our loyal GamersGate customers and do not want to see our relationship with any of you damaged. Nor do we want to see our publisher partners harmed by our computer glitch. We are doing all that we can to sort this out, however due to the holidays we will most likely not be able to sort this out until next week. Please bear with us and forgive us for this disappointing error. We will update you as soon as possible.

http://www.gamersgate.com/info/holiday-sale-issue

PS
Seriously?? It happened again?!?! 100% of DI??
#-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back