GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DonRamon']
As much as the fanbrats revolt, right now GG's reputation is that of a shady key reseller, they behave like one with a pattern consistent with that of a money grab rush, otherwise they wouldn't be having games on sale that they don't have a key for.
[/QUOTE]

Actually I think they are behaving like typical corporate bullshit artists who never admit to doing anything wrong, never give a straight answer and always cover their asses and in some ways I think that's worse than a shady key seller.

Oh and don't fool yourself. They have the keys. They are still selling all the games they supposedly ran out of keys for. If you paid full price you would get the key now guaranted.

[quote name='Motoki']Oh and don't fool yourself. They have the keys. They are still selling all the games they supposedly ran out of keys for. If you paid full price you would get the key now guaranted.[/QUOTE]

Huh. I wonder then if my being a previous customer and a continuing customer (I've bought two games since the two fiascos) has played into my somehow getting a Skyrim key days later, and why I still have everything in my library, without any sign they're about to remove them and refund.

I also only was (successfully) attempting to purchase one of each pack. I wasn't trying to be greedy.

Has anyone disputed the transaction with Paypal? I contacted their customer support three or four days ago. I just don't want my money to vanish for no product in the end. I reckon they might be able to respond to support messages sooner or later. Just wondering.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Huh. I wonder then if my being a previous customer and a continuing customer (I've bought two games since the two fiascos) has played into my somehow getting a Skyrim key days later, and why I still have everything in my library, without any sign they're about to remove them and refund.

I also only was (successfully) attempting to purchase one of each pack. I wasn't trying to be greedy.[/QUOTE]

You're not special. I've bought a fair bit from them the last couple of years and still don't have all my keys yet.

Like anything else there it's probably random why you got your keys and they have no damned clue why.

[quote name='Motoki']You're not special. I've bought a fair bit from them the last couple of years and still don't have all my keys yet.

Like anything else there it's probably random why you got your keys and they have no damned clue why.[/QUOTE]

Never suggested I was special, and never suggested anything about all keys.

But giving me a single key to something days later keeps me out of the "no keys at all=refund" possible criteria I've heard about.

But "probably". You just post to post. Only thing certain is you have no damned clue why yourself.

Look, I'm done with you Motoki. Motoki, say hello to my ignore list. Ignore list, say hello to Motoki. So glad you two could get acquainted.

14592020laughing20lol20.jpg

[quote name='yaynick']Has anyone disputed the transaction with Paypal? I contacted their customer support three or four days ago. I just don't want my money to vanish for no product in the end. I reckon they might be able to respond to support messages sooner or later. Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

If they removed the games from your account and you didn't get any keys *and* no refund, the time to do that is now.

If you have more games with them, you might want to wait a little longer, meanwhile make a back up using the guide found on this thread, just to be safe.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10334282&postcount=2650

[quote name='Motoki']Actually I think they are behaving like typical corporate bullshit artists who never admit to doing anything wrong, never give a straight answer and always cover their asses and in some ways I think that's worse than a shady key seller.

Oh and don't fool yourself. They have the keys. They are still selling all the games they supposedly ran out of keys for. If you paid full price you would get the key now guaranted.[/QUOTE]

Ok, whatever denomination suits you the best I'm down with that.

And I can almost guarantee they are doing all the communication delays, PR maneuvers and silence for two reasons, to earn whatever interest they can on the non-refunded money, and/or to try and make people lose any dispute they might want to fill either with paypal or their card issuer.

[quote name='GG']Our program grossly multiplied the discounts we were authorized to offer on these bundles and they were advertised at way below cost.[/quote]
Somebody needs a new program, methinks.

[quote name='DonRamon']Seriously, think about it for a minute, not like an scared boy but rather like an able adult[/QUOTE]
No daddy, no!

[quote name='Tolyngee']Never suggested I was special, and never suggested anything about all keys.

But giving me a single key to something days later keeps me out of the "no keys at all=refund" possible criteria I've heard about.

But "probably". You just post to post. Only thing certain is you have no damned clue why yourself.

Look, I'm done with you Motoki. Motoki, say hello to my ignore list. Ignore list, say hello to Motoki. So glad you two could get acquainted.[/QUOTE]
All I want for Christmas is to be on your ignore list. :bouncy:
I love your holiday spirit
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Harman_M']So when is GG off of Holiday and going to update us?[/QUOTE]

Well Wednesday at the absolute earliest but I would not be shocked if we don't get updated until later than that. They didn't give an exact date they just said "due to the holidays we will most likely not be able to sort this out until next week" and this was last week.

Is it even possible to make a valid argument about these keys based on the email they sent about fulfilling keys in January? Such as it prevented us from making a purchase on a product on sale somewhere else, or giving us false sense of ownership?

I'm not too upset about any of this, just bummed that they could say something and then revoke the keys later.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Is the Last Remnant any good? Seems like people either love it or hate it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the middle. I didn't think it was terrible by any means but it's no Xenoblade either. There's almost no modern JRPGs on the PC and I do think it's at least worth a few dollars. It's a decent enough JRPG but not one that everyone will be talking about years from now.

At least IMO.

[quote name='xKalamityx']
I'm not too upset about any of this, just bummed that they could say something and then revoke the keys later.[/QUOTE]

There is the chance they could have the keys revoked 6 months later, when your chargeback time limit is well over and you don't have a case with either paypal or your CC issuer, but, for the last time, GG doesn't have the power to do this directly, the best they could do is convince Bethesda and 2K, and any other of the affected publishers, to do so.

With what argument are they going to do that???

"Sorry Bethy and 2Ky, we fucked up, in fact, consistently fucked all through our holiday sales and lost money and made you guy lose money, but pay no attention to that, now now lookie here, could you please help us not lose more money by using your brand power to revoke all this already activated keys??"

Furthermore, what need does Bethesda or 2K have to do this?? I mean, GG has to pay them anyho, what need to they have for the bad press??

Of course this is just a theory and only time will tell, but seriously people, stop being sheeple, you have rights as a customer, it's time to grow from kid gamers to adult customers, of gaming.

Signing off for today, once more, very happy new year to y'all

[quote name='DonRamon']There is the chance they could have the keys revoked 6 months later, when your chargeback time limit is well over and you don't have a case with either paypal or your CC issuer, but, for the last time, GG doesn't have the power to do this directly, the best they could do is convince Bethesda and 2K, and any other of the affected publishers, to do so.

With what argument are they going to do that???

"Sorry Bethy and 2Ky, we fucked up, in fact, consistently fucked all through our holiday sales and lost money and made you guy lose money, but pay no attention to that, now now lookie here, could you please help us not lose more money by using your brand power to revoke all this already activated keys??"

Furthermore, what need does Bethesda or 2K have to do this?? I mean, GG has to pay them anyho, what need to they have for the bad press??

Of course this is just a theory and only time will tell, but seriously people, stop being sheeple, you have rights as a customer, it's time to grow from kid gamers to adult customers, of gaming.

Signing off for today, once more, very happy new year to y'all[/QUOTE]

tumblr_m59z7yYY1G1ry3ebmo1_250.gif

[quote name='xKalamityx']Is it even possible to make a valid argument about these keys based on the email they sent about fulfilling keys in January? Such as it prevented us from making a purchase on a product on sale somewhere else, or giving us false sense of ownership?

I'm not too upset about any of this, just bummed that they could say something and then revoke the keys later.[/QUOTE]

This was pretty much my response back to them when I got my refund notice after the "you will get your keys in January" notice. I don't expect to ever hear back since as far as they are concerned my (non)purchase is complete but they need to know that taking so long to back out of a sale means that I (and many others from what I have read) passed on later sales because I thought I was getting my keys.

[quote name='etcrane']...something got into the water ...[/QUOTE]

I blame Lucy, the Sky, and the Diamonds...
and maybe Marina, too, while I'm at it. ;)

I was looking for ABBA songs and pondered posting Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee A Man After Midnight, but somehow didn't think that would work as well.

[quote name='Motoki']I was looking for ABBA songs and pondered posting Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee A Man After Midnight, but somehow didn't think that would work as well.[/QUOTE]

LOL!
:whistle2: x

They still haven't posted the rest of the Indiefort Countdown bonuses that were due the 27th.

And, it looks like Motoki broke another thread. How many is that? I've lost count. ;)

[quote name='Syntax Error'][DEAD] Batman: AC GOTY for $3.75

87% discount, subject to change immediately.

And looks like it's fixed/gone[/QUOTE]
I went ahead and added two to my cart just in case someone out there wants one. Unfortunately, they are only GFWL keys and not Steam redeemable, but $3.75 is nonetheless a good price.

What the hell is this crap? I submitted a ticket for a refund on my Bethesda pack (which was taken away from my library, never received ANY keys or refund) a few days ago.. finally get a reply, and it's automated, ugh.

Hi

This email is a mass reply sent to all customers with tickets including Bethesda and Borderlands tags.
If your question was not about our problem during the holiday, we are sorry. Please reply again and we will try to solve YOUR problem.
Unfortunately this error caused a lot of problem and the support is overrun and this is an attempt to catch up.

If your problem IS about the holiday problem, here is a link that explains the problem.

http://www.gamersgate.com/info/holiday-sale-issue

This link will be the official way to explain the problem. We will not get engaged into individual discussions about this through the support system. Not that we don’t care, we simply can’t manage that with the resources available
Andreas P
Customer Support Manager
GamersGate

yeah me too, I don't have my refund yet, I don't have any keys, they removed the game from my library, and now they are telling me they won't attend my case individually because they don't have resources?

Can someone explain me how to try to get a refund through paypal? I think GG just stole my money.

I think the key phrase in the link is "We are doing all that we can to sort this out, however due to the holidays we will most likely not be able to sort this out until next week"

I took that to mean that refunds will be happening next week.

[quote name='Corpekata']I think the key phrase in the link is "We are doing all that we can to sort this out, however due to the holidays we will most likely not be able to sort this out until next week"

I took that to mean that refunds will be happening next week.[/QUOTE]

Well they said that last week, although to be fair I don't exactly expect it to happen on New Year's Day either.

It's nice they are enjoying their holidays while people go without the product they ordered or refunds in its place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back